It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the Ammo go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Where did all the ammo go?

Well, the day after election, I bought a lot of it.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one paying attention.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I remember reading some news article a few months ago saying that a couple manufacturers were working around the clock and also adding additional manufacturing capacity at their ammo plants. I think the government is stockpiling for a major ground war.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
I go shooting every time i visit the US. You guys are so lucky to be able to do it whenever you want

It was less about luck, and a bit more about dying for freedom.

This is just one of the freedoms that Americans used to have in
totality and it has been eroded over the years.

An 18" shotgun barrel is legal, a 17" one equals prison time ?

The difference ?

A little bit more spread.

The Winchester model 94 was banned in the assault weapons ban,
the ban was allowed to lapse for now.

It is the lever action 30-30 from the old west movies.

Ppl have spoke on the matter before congress, but they are still
going forward with more restrictions on guns because that is
what most of the despots of history have done.

As many others have said we stand on the edge of the cliff and
ppl are pushing even harder toward the edge.

All of this for Holdren's and Pianka's dream of billions dead.

They carve their monument on a Georgia hill side calling for the
deaths of billions.

So we elect their proxy, and he appoints Holdren.

Read Ecoscience, Limits to Growth, and the Georgia Guidestones
and know their new 10 commandments.

The fruit of operation paperclip has been a bitter harvest.

By the time most ppl see them showing their hand it will be too late,
and I still say it is too late to this day.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Where did all the ammo go?

Well, the day after election, I bought a lot of it.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one paying attention.

Silent waters may run deep.

And actions speak louder than words

This action by the american ppl in a time of financial upheaval says
one very simple thing.

They do not trust the politicians with the laws of this land, and they
voted with their wallets.

The excerpt:

In just 3 months Americans bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian army’s combined. “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.” - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII You also bought 1,529,635,000 rounds of ammunition in just the month of December 2008. Yeah that is right, that is Billion with a “B”. This number takes no accounting of reloading or reloaded ammunition.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
www.cabelas.com

can't say enough about this site. ammo availablity varies day to day, but I check every couple of days and have been able to pick up .223, .357 and .40 S&W when I wanted it. they give good prices on name brand bulk that is almost impossible to find anywhere else.

buying when they have $5 shippinf isn't a bad deal either!!

[edit on 8/13/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was browsing Bass Pro Shops over the weekend. They had ample quantities of all the common cailbers wityh a variety of projectiles. No evidence of any shortage at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've got mine. I have more than enough to take care of business if the balloon goes up. I could use more .38 special and 9mm though. .38 special is as rare as hens' teeth around here lately.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lucky you...I want guns and ammo too.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I Knew i should have bought stock in Smith and Wesson.
Id be rich with papeer that soon wont be worth anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I was browsing Bass Pro Shops over the weekend. They had ample quantities of all the common cailbers wityh a variety of projectiles. No evidence of any shortage at all.

I dont know were you were shopping, But the man at the Bass pro here in OKC said that they have ammo shortages all over the US, I had no idea when they would be restocked. He also said that once a shippment of popular ammo comes in, its gone within a few hours. partialy cause they dont get very much.

Or were you Browsing online? Most people say they have it, but when u get to the store they dont, or if you try to buy it online, itll say there backorderd when you get to the check out screen.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sapperranger04]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Bass Pro Shops here in Georgia was totally sold out of handgun-caliber ammo when I was there a couple weeks ago. They had two boxes of .25ACP, and that was IT. They had shotgun and obscure caliber rifle ammo in stock, but no primers, no brass, and very little powder. Dicks Sporting Goods is about the same story. The local gun shops still have almost everything in stock, but it's expensive- and there are restrictions on how much you can buy of a given caliber.

I went shooting the other day and about had a heart attack- the range was charging $38 a box for the cheapest .45ACP they had. Yipes! That's a lotta cheese! That's almost $1 a round!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My local Walmarts in Southeastern NH are always out as well. I have figured out their delivery schedules and hustle my a** down there on delivery days to get what I need ( .223/5.56 and 9mm luger).

The 9mm's are actually not too tough to get my hands on, but the .223/5.56 rounds are in hot demand and are ALWAYS tough to find. Not only that, they're A LOT more expensive now.

I have a Rock River Arms Elite CAR-A4 and a Berretta 92F (not the FS) that I love to go plinking with; but as stated earlier, it's becoming more expensive and tougher to find ammo.

You can thank the current POTUS for yet another sign-of-the-times...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Regarding Sportsmans Guide, I have two words: Buyer Beware!
Do a bit of research before dealing with this group. Google them.
I wish I had.
Ask yourself how one company can have the the inside line on these goods, when others can't obtain the same goods.

Apparently you didn't read my previous posts. I have received every shipment of ammo promptly and in perfect condition.

Don't understand your gripe here, did you have a bad experience with them or are you just being a ninny and stirring up crap for no reason?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I dont know why -- but it doesnt take a gun to do the same thing... be creative.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sapperranger04

Nope. In the store in Foxboro, MA. .223, .308, .357, .45ACP. 9mm, .38, .300W, 30-30... all in ample stock. Didn't look for 7.69. But they were well-stocked from what I could tell.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Awhile back I posted some info I found quite intriguing.
Although there was no replies posted, I still feel that this ATS thread gives some eye-opening info regarding this topic.

One of the main questions one should ask themselves is in the thread linked to above;

Who is Marc Rich? (and Pincus "Pinky" Green)

Check it out....I hope you find some value in the info.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well Just to update on the ammo issue.
I went out on a mission today to find ammo. I went all over the Oklahoma City Metro area and heres what i came up with.
Pawn shops - Usualy will have what you need, But prices are higher. I picked up a brick of .22lr shells for 25 bucks. 550 rnds.
I also picked up a box of 357 mag for 16 bucks. 20 rnds.
They had most everything else, but off brand names and higher prices.

I then headed for the Indoor ranges to have a looksy.
Surprising they had very little hand gun caliber rounds.
I hit one up and they had 3 boxes or regular .45 target rnds for 25 bucks for a box of 50. They didnt have any acp rounds. as far as other types,, they were out of 357 mag, 22lr, 410 slug or shot.
the other indoor place i went to, they were proud of there rnds. They had a box of .45 acp/50 rnds. for almost 65 bucks. yea they can keep it for that price, they also had some 22lr @ 550 rnds, for 35 bucks. so i said thanks but no thanks.
Anyway, If your going to be looking for rounds Stay away from the big stores, and hit up the little ones, specialy pawn shops and such, keep in mind what they have and how much while you compare to other stores.Or you can order off the internet and hope that they are not back orderd.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by sapperranger04]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My husband just went out and bought some ammo for our guns. He doesn't read ATS, but decided to do so all by himself. He was able to find some at Walmart of all places.

My 80 year old father was telling me that he doesn't like the way things are going. He just bought another gun. It seems that most of the people I know are worried about something happening soon. My neighbor was "joking" that we should start a "compound" on our block.

Very odd times indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lolliek
My husband just went out and bought some ammo for our guns. He doesn't read ATS, but decided to do so all by himself. He was able to find some at Walmart of all places.

My 80 year old father was telling me that he doesn't like the way things are going. He just bought another gun. It seems that most of the people I know are worried about something happening soon. My neighbor was "joking" that we should start a "compound" on our block.

Very odd times indeed.

Myself and others in my little Naborhood has taken to defensive mode. I think that all people should organize somthing if only just to defend yourselfs from the man.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sapperranger04

You can get .22 LR at outdoor america for under $20 a box.

They are on Mac Arthur just south of 23rd st.

Pistol ammo you are likely going to need to order it online,
or get reloading materials if you can find those.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join