It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Climate Warning: "We Have 4 Months to Secure Future of Planet".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
Is anybody aware that the CO2 we (as a global entity) are freeing to the atmosphere comes from plants and animals sedimented millions of years ago which were basically made of it (either directly or indirectly), when the atmospheric CO2 concentration were 2 to 5 times higher than current levels (it must have been fault of prehistoric SUVs, surely) ?

So, we are actually returning the old CO2 back to the atmosphere, not adding into it. Hardly an "unprecedented disaster".

[edit on 2009/8/13 by Shirakawa]

Maybe you should look at what scientists think the global climate looked like at that time. I think you would find that it was a much warmer planet with no polar Ice caps and Ocean levels that were significantlly higher.

It took millions of years for plants, animals, and especially phytoplankton to pull all that C02 out of the atmosphere which caused the earth to cool. That was when the most recent ice age happened.

Essentially, we're still on the tail end of that ice age, but what we're doing by burning all that bottled up carbon and releasing it back into the atmosphere, is putting the pedal to the floor on the otherwise gradual natural warming process.

See? Science is fun!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
Maybe you should look at what scientists think the global climate looked like at that time. I think you would find that it was a much warmer planet with no polar Ice caps and Ocean levels that were significantlly higher.

Yes, I know. I also know that the planet was much warmer, but temperature differences among different zones of the planet were less extreme than what they're now, not the opposite as many "warmists" theorize. Not only that, but a warmer climate also increases rain precipitations.

It took millions of years for plants, animals, and especially phytoplankton to pull all that C02 out of the atmosphere which caused the earth to cool. That was when the most recent ice age happened.

Actually the last drastic reduction of the atmospheric CO2 is theorized to be due to the azolla event, which required, geologically speaking, a relatively short time due to a combination of several favorable conditions.

Essentially, we're still on the tail end of that ice age, but what we're doing by burning all that bottled up carbon and releasing it back into the atmosphere, is putting the pedal to the floor on the otherwise gradual natural warming process.

It can't be possibly be faster than cataclysmic extinction events, though, from which the earth has always recovered by the way. Besides, humans could not be able to adapt in the very very long run to the new, very favorable to plants and wildlife in general, climate, but do you think would it matter to us in one million years?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the similarity between that statement and David Lane's famous 14 words?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well since we only have 4 months left to live...

It's time to go on that bank robbing spree!

Jobs? Might as well quite them all...hey we only have 4 months.

Credit Card Bills and mortgages...might as well stop paying those...we only have 4 months.

Military, might as well go AWOL...since we all only have 4 months.

Owe the IRS money?...ha, sorry we only got 4 months.

I have a funny feeling if we were to do all of the above and tell the creditors, and bankers, and jugdes, and officers and agents and reporters we were doing all those things because the UN said the planet only had 4 months...

The U.N. would quickly revise it's forecast!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have the solution to global warming right here. Its in my hand but I dont have the whole solution as I dont have much of it.

Money.

Now you might think that money solves nothing and that is true because throwing money at a problem does not do much.

Get rid of the money however and theres your answer in a nutshell if you think about the knock on effects.

Sometimes you just need to think outside the tv dinner that rich people would have you eat.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

When you'll remove money it will be all about power.
Some people just like to be above of everybody else.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

Money allows that delusion to become a reality only because people believe in the illusion.

Theres no such thing as a VIP unless everyone is a VIP. If everyone is a VIP theres no such thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

We need to just star thinking like our wise politicians.

We need a pre-emptive war on global warming.

We need to destroy the planet before the warming does to deny the warming the chance.

Every nation on earth that has nuclear weapons should fire them all, incinirate the planet! End of problem. The war against global warming won!

Our politicians are so smart!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by XXXN3O

We need to just star thinking like our wise politicians.

We need a pre-emptive war on global warming.

We need to destroy the planet before the warming does to deny the warming the chance.

Every nation on earth that has nuclear weapons should fire them all, incinirate the planet! End of problem. The war against global warming won!

Our politicians are so smart!

You know what I think is so hilarious or it would be if we all realised how stupid we are.

Look at a monetary note, thats your answer, its a promise to pay the person with the piece of paper the money.

Governments issue promises that people work hard for, they take promises to the banks that keep the promises with a promise to give you the promise back if you want it. The longer you keep it there the more promises you will get back.
If you want to gain something in life, you take a promise on a note to a shop, you give the man the promise that you worked for, or the promise you got from the promise you deposited or the promise you were promised from the bank that promised they would give you more promises. You trade the promises in for a tangible object that was made by lots of promises.

Anyways, right now people are saying that promises will fix global warming.

The whole worlds based on a promise, a false promise that doesnt exist. Who gives false promises to tempt people into doing things.

Just saying....just saying.

Hell, id even give you my word on this one, if you will believe me!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

When you get right down to it money is nothing but script at the company store.

The Federal Reserve is actually incorporated as a non-profit religious corporation. Our legal tender notes good for all debts public and private, emblazoned with In G-d We Trust is nothing but a religious ceremony and like you say a promise...hence the Trust.

The real wealth is amassed by the corporations off of our actual labors and the goods and the services we provide.

The less our Masters want to reward us the more they tax us with the script they give us to get goods and services at the company store.

It's pretty much just one huge mining operation that uses slave labor and a company store to reward slaves based upon their output.

When the Masters want the slaves to have less they just think of another reason to tax us more, so more of it goes to the IRS a for profit corporation that earns it's wealth by denying us privelages at the company store.

Sixteen tons and what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
I spend my life working below
I sold my soul at the company store

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If your seeing what I am saying here, I dont know if you are.

The world is based on one thing, a promise and thats all. We believe the promises.

You dont even get to keep the promises you get, they take their own promises back!

A man is only as good as his word?
Why are people listening to a thing that promises them things and takes their own promises back?

If I promised not to cheat on my partner and I did she would kick me out of my home as I had taken my promise back.

Its hilarious that we all believe in a liar but in another way, it is sad that we believe in the master of false promises.

Dont you see what I am saying, it doesnt matter how the world works, it is fake as it is based on air at its core. It is based on lies.

Meanwhile everyone is running around in circles looking for answers, the answer is staring in the face.

I mean think about it all, how is there such a thing as owing someone the promises they promised you?
Thats the delusion and its a great delusion, the best one ever created.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes my friend I see exactly what you are saying.

The establishment always lies about the reality of our world.

It always creates a danger that it wants to save us from through that lie.

Then it makes a promise that it can save us, if we simply submit to it's leadership and direction.

People being naive, gullible and superstitious fall for it every time.

I do understand what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow... people here are sensationalizing it even more than that statement from a single person is. COMON!

It's nothing more than an invitation from the author of the open letter for the different members to this time be prepared to discuss and reach some settlements about the climate.

The reason he says that they only have 4 months if because the process is sooo lenghty that missing this opportunity to reach an agreement in dec. would mean they would have to wait and wait and wait again. In other words, it's pretty hard for them to come to agreement when not gathered, but sitting scattered all over the world in their home country.
All while we keep polluting without a care in the world...

There is no fear mongering in his statement, only from the mouths of sensationalistic ignorants here on ATS.
How about YOU start with buying AAA level fridges, ovens, freezers, buy long range cars and installing centralized power in your home to cut back on electricy spendature? Oh no... I forgot... It's your right, waaaaaahwaaah.

/end rant

[edit on 13/8/09 by flice]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hahaha... NOT!

It wont be so funny when even more people starve to death... not so funny

when more fish species go extinct... not so funny when you could have done

something about it but all you did was laugh...

Global warming is not a joke...

I don't see the humor in it???

We pump billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each day... how is that

natural???

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
We pump billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each day... how is that
natural???

It's as natural as Azolla plants which at some point about 55 millions years ago started to proliferate enormously sequestering in the ground most of the CO2 present in the atmosphere (reducing atmospheric CO2 from 3500 parts per million to 650 ppm), causing global temperatures to drop an the planet to plummet into an ice age (current CO2 levels = 380 ppm, and rising) and form for the first time in geologic history, ice caps on both earth poles.

In practical and geological scale terms we're doing the same thing: unless you'd like them to return to pre-industrial or worst, stone age conditions, humans need energy to proliferate, and the only available ed economically efficient source of energy available at the moment are hydrocarbons (in the form of natural gases, petroleum oils, etc).

The difference is that eventually in the distant future, a warm, CO2 rich planet will be the ideal place for new life to form instead of a cold, CO2 deprived planet. Also, the Earth geologic activity will be slowing over time (geological scale), and chances are that if we wouldn't have started to burn it up ourselves, most of the CO2 sequestered into the ground in the form of sedimented hydrocarbons and we're freeing into the atmosphere would have remained there forever.

This is why I don't see the "pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere" (better wording: bringing back the CO2 where it originally belonged) as not negative. The side effects of this (generation of REAL pollutants like: CO, NOx, HC, SO2, O3, PMx, etc which we should work on; deforestation; destruction of natural habitats; etc.) will be eventually outweighed by the beneficial ones on the long run, when humans won't be on Earth anymore.

As long as it's done cleanly ed efficiently (what many developing and third world countries do NOT do), I will never see hydrocarbon combustion as a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Global Warming - debunked?!?

Quick, switch to something else, quick.

Ok, what about "climate change" that has a nice ring to it, and really it just means "weather" no one can debunk THAT.

OK, let's go with that, and start forcing it down peoples throats again - remember what Hitler said about lies, so we can work with it if we just keep repeating it...

And don't forget to get a good orator on board, someone who people look up to and respect.

What?!? Al Gore??? Is that the best you could do???

We're dooooomed - no more research grants!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really, really tired of this.

Tired to the point of exhaustion.

How much doom do they want us to swallow?

How many times do they think they can pull the same trick of making people look one way while they do something else the other way.

For the answer to that, just look around and see how many people lap this up and take it as gospel.

"The science is proven"

Rubbish

More worrying is the "venerable" mr Gore

"climate change deniers are terrorists/mentally ill/a threat to us all"

really folks - if we just ignore them, they'll eventually go away....

[edit on 13/8/2009 by budski]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i guess xmas is canceled this year lol....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

the volcano 20 miles from my house constantly erupted for 3 months, i heard it released more co2 into the atmosphere then the entire state does in a year, several times more.

and that's just one volcano, any idea how many erupt every day?

seems like a pretty abundant natural form of Co2 release to me.

Go run some fact checks on an "Inconvenient Truth", then you'll understand the irony of its name, and possibly change your opinion on the matter.

Sorry if your not a fan of the movie, but a good deal of people with your view point, have it because of that movie, maybe no so much here on ATS (smart bunch), but in my personal experience with people in my community, i have had to sit threw fact quotes from that movie more times then i've cared to.(all while Al Gore puts out more Co2 then my entire extended family)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A camera crew should follow this guy around and see exactly what HE is doing to reduce his own carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions.

Doubtless another elitist who wants us peasants to reduce our consumption while his remains sky high - more Al Gore anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The fast they say action must be taken the less inclined I am to listen beyond the opening paragraph. The only time governmental bodies move quickly is when they are slipping in something they don't want the people to get a good look at prior to passing. I can only imagine what wonderful ideas they have in mind that must be done immediately otherwise ZOMGWTFBBQ......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join