It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Climate Warning: "We Have 4 Months to Secure Future of Planet".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This removes all doubt I had that climate change is really just an alibi for one-world government.

I really hate the word "global" now, "global warming", "global pandemic", "global recession", because you know what their "cure" is.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is almost like admitting they want a One World Government in place by January, 2010!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
They want to put a price on C02 so they can truly be the definers of the price of life.
It will make them feel like little Gods.

that's the truth.
They don't care about CO2.
This is all about control.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa

Originally posted by milesp
Maybe you should look at what scientists think the global climate looked like at that time. I think you would find that it was a much warmer planet with no polar Ice caps and Ocean levels that were significantlly higher.

Yes, I know. I also know that the planet was much warmer, but temperature differences among different zones of the planet were less extreme than what they're now, not the opposite as many "warmists" theorize. Not only that, but a warmer climate also increases rain precipitations.

It took millions of years for plants, animals, and especially phytoplankton to pull all that C02 out of the atmosphere which caused the earth to cool. That was when the most recent ice age happened.

Actually the last drastic reduction of the atmospheric CO2 is theorized to be due to the azolla event, which required, geologically speaking, a relatively short time due to a combination of several favorable conditions.

Essentially, we're still on the tail end of that ice age, but what we're doing by burning all that bottled up carbon and releasing it back into the atmosphere, is putting the pedal to the floor on the otherwise gradual natural warming process.

It can't be possibly be faster than cataclysmic extinction events, though, from which the earth has always recovered by the way. Besides, humans could not be able to adapt in the very very long run to the new, very favorable to plants and wildlife in general, climate, but do you think would it matter to us in one million years?

[edit on 2009/8/13 by Shirakawa]

You should realize that I'm not talking about every form of life on the planet earth being killed due to climate change.

I'm talking about us. What is the planet going to be like for our grandchildren? For their children?

We need to avoid global warming as much as we can so that the problems down the road are easier to deal with FOR HUMANITY.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by milesp]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

you said it all! Thanks! That's taking the truth to the bare bones so that there is no debate. We are poluting the atmosphere. We are dumping too much garbage everywhere. We are poluting the ocean and our rivers and streams and lakes. We are running out of fossil fuels. We do have too much dependance on foreign oil. We don't recycle enough. We are destroying too much of our wildlife and wild areas. Sure there needs to be a healthy debate about what's going on but we can also work on some of the things that we agree on. For example: curbing CO2 emissions cuts smog, air pollution. There is not debate on that. Instead of looking at CO2 as a contributor of global warming and butting heads with those who do not agree. Wouldn't cutting polution and calling it cutting polution have the same result and be better recieved by the opposition? People have no brains!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Yes people, the UN will get China and India to use electric cars, The middle east to stop pumping oil, every single American to stop being... American, and the entire developing world to use the industry only available to the developed world ALL IN 4 MONTHS!

Good God. If this is true we'll be a flaming brick sh*t house by 2012.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

So driving cars is as natural as Azolla plants???

Are you listening to yourself???? One is man made and the other is NATURAL... dont be silly now

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join