It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi was not lying about the swastika remark

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, here I was, trying to get a link on an assault in a town hall meeting about health care reform when I found this picture from protesters in Fort Collins, Colorado...

It seems, members of ATS, that Nancy Pelosi was not lying about the swastika remark...

I'll direct to you the video in which she remarked on it...

Here is the link to the full article in which I found this.

Health Care Reform

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
For those of you on here who called her crazy and lying should remember the number one rule on ATS:

DENY IGNORANCE.

I would never bash anyone on who they support or don't support, but many people on here, not all, but many, didn't even wait for the evidence to come out to see if she was right or wrong

Certain news agencies (Some of you call them the "true news sources" that stray from MSM) automatically went off on her...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I remember people saying that the people holding it were trying to get across the similarities to the Nazi health plan, not because they were neo-Nazis!

Yes there were people with swastikas there.

NO THERE WERE NOT ANY NAZIS THERE.

Just people seeing the glaring similarity to the Nazi plan ie letting the poor and elderly die!!!

SO YOU MAK MANTO NEED TO DENY IGNORANCE!

Do you really think that they were actually neo-Nazis protesting for white supremacy at a heath care meeting, or people comparing the new bill to Nazi health care?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

She is crazy and the fact remains that the sign in question was pointing that Obama is perhaps a Nazi which I believe he is and that is my opinion

Now star for you for finding the picture but I think the context she was speaking inferred to me that there was a mass of protesters caring swastikas and chanting hate speech. One sign really? that woman and this administration are crazy they need to be stopped and the best way to do it is to Vote people in 2010 vote the crazies out of office and trade them in for a whole new set of crazies!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If you will notice, there is a slash through the swastika. That would me "No Nazi's". I assume this was a sarcastic post. If not you need to look at the video you linked again.
Pelosi made it sound as if people were swarming the meetings blatantly showing the symbol. That definitely was not the case. At least not in this example.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
When I first saw the clip of her saying that, I thought "yeah she's right, there probably are swastika's at these protests". But she is referring to them out of context. People like in the picture you posted were clearly against what the swastika represents. They are waving these symbols in protest, saying the administration is similar to what the swastika represents. So yes she was right in what she said. Did she take it out of context though? You betchya.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I don't care what they are, Dradles. They could be Satanists for all I know.

All Pelosi said was that there were people there who were carrying swastikas.

Many people called her a liar.

Is she lying now that there's a picture of this happening?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Yes, this example. She didn't say they were blatantly out there. She said there were people who brought swastikas to these health care meetings.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Not at all.

She just said that there were people out there who brought swastikas to these meetings.

She didn't say that they supported it, or didn't support it. All she said was that swastikas were there.

And the news sources that many of you consider not MSM called her out on it.

So, here it is. She's not a liar. Here is a picture of swastikas.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Read the article next time and remeber deny ignorance

Note that the swastika on the protester’s sign had a line drawn through it. Which seems to imply “just say no to Nazism” and not a contingent of “Neo-nazi’s” or “brownshirts”, the reference made by Rep. Baird of Washington state.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6184fda9f39b.jpg[/atsimg]

If Pelosi would have opened her eyes instead of her mouth she might have noticed the clear red slash going through the swastika. It is an Anti-Fascist sign. Clearly alluding to the Obama administration's tactics as of late.

Your whole thread is bunk.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

So what your saying is she purposely miss lead the public into thinking there were Nazis at the town hall meetings oh thats just so much better! Well she didn't lie but she tried to deceive people not really seeing a difference here are you?

PS just though id add its a sad state of affairs when polisi is in such denial that she believes this is some conspiracy of right wing groups.This is people who are concerned and wont go away until they feel there being heard.

[edit on 8/11/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Which seems to imply." That means you're guessing on what that women means about the swastika, dragonridr...

And that's a matter of opinion, W3. Do you know what the women meant when she drew it?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Who's deceiving?

She saw a swastika at a town hall meeting? Is she lying?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

As far as what it means a circle with a slash is universal don't make me post examples. And when she talked with the reporter what she implied is they were Nazis obviously trying to mis lead the public and yes that is a lie.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well lets make a comparison, shall we? When you see a picture with a big red slash through DRUGS, what do you think they are trying to accomplish? What point or statement are they trying to make? Could it be that drugs are bad and they are against it? Or could it be that it has no meaning because they weren't thinking when they drew the big red slash through the middle of the symbol?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdff2617dee2.gif[/atsimg]

Now when you see this:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d853fa59b2db.gif[/atsimg]

Do you think that’s because the red slash is there for no reason what so ever?? Or is it more likely that it was put there on purpose to make a statement about Nazism being bad as well.

You're trying real hard to play dumb on this when it's pretty obvious that she is questioning Obama's motives and making an anti-fascist statement. Not a pro- fascist statement!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No, she didn't.

She said they were carrying swastikas to town hall meetings.

She did not reference Nazi's or anything like that.

This validates her. I'm not asking ATS to like her now, or believe in her now, but guess what?

She's not lying about the swastika.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Wrong again, W3.

And fine, if you want to imply what that sign could mean, here's what I think it means!

The lady means that Obama's administration is fascist, and the reason why there's a cross in it is that she wants him removed.

Also, in the same fashion, she probably also means that everybody who is for health care reform that's associated with it, senators, representatives, Pelosi herself, are fascists.

[edit on 11/8/09 by Mak Manto]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by dragonridr

Who's deceiving?

She saw a swastika at a town hall meeting? Is she lying?

You either trying to deceive or you are being deceived. Pelosi saw a swastika with a red slash through it just like the rest of us who viewed the picture. And yes, I'm sure that's what the poster was implying.

What you are implying is that fascism is ok? Do you disagree with the poster or the protest? Are you not a little worried that American civil liberty is being infringed by the strong arming and the dis info coming from the White House? I would recommend taking a look around and noticing that the majority of people are not in support of Obama lately, and are certainly opposed to this Health care reform... if it can be called that.

Why of all people to defend would you choose to defend Pelosi? She's one of the least credible people regarding this whole issue. Her position as Speaker of the House gives her no right to throw accusations around that are , despite your un convincing picture, very false.

The people showing up to these meetings are concerned Americans. Not neo-Nazis. They are far from it in fact. Obamas answer to people raising questions that need to be answered is to have some thug lay into them?? That's the same thing the Mobsters do when they need to influence someone. A blatant strong arm tactic used to silence the opposition. That’s absurd. We're talking about free people, not slaves or servants. This isn't some third world government we're talking about silencing its people, it’s the American government. And that , my friends, is a very scary thing

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
No, she didn't.

She said they were carrying swastikas to town hall meetings.

Did she say this because it is a good thing?

Was she talking about how great the protesters were or how bad they were in context?

Either she brought it up because she supported it, or was trying to make the protesters look bad.

You pick.

If there is a third reason, I'm all ears.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join