It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi was not lying about the swastika remark

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Awesome find. It's great that you had the video and the pic as well. So she wasn't lying, there was a swastika there, ONE swastika(with a slash through it, the universal ANTI symbol), according to the photo. However, and don't play dumb, and go all black and white on this, She used an accusative tone in her voice, almost with disgust, say,"I think they are astro-turf" (non patriotic, un-american) "There are people carrying swastikas to a town meeting on health care" as if the majority of people out there were carrying them. We all know (all those who speak the English language) that tone and infliction in one's voice is used to express emotion for the subject in which they are talking, or how they feel about it. Not much of an opinionated tone of the viewer, but there are (somewhat) universal tones in the language, so they aren't really confused by people, because there is a consistency amongst all speakers of the language in the usage of emotional tones and inflictions.

You say it is just that she was making an observation, although as many people who listen to what she said honestly thought, due to how she said it, that there were many people out there carrying swastikas in support of nazi's when in actuality, people were likening the health care reform, and much of this administrations policies to those of the NAtional soZIalischt party. Study the politics of the Nazi party, and you will see a stunning resemblance to this administration.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
No has said that we're taking away their right to say this.

Even Obama said that while it's saddening to hear, he won't stop anyone from saying it.

THOUGH, I find it ironic that when these people say such stuff, many of you are alright with it.

Though, when politicians say that the people who carry such things are idiots, then it's bad?

Interesting, perhaps, Freudian slip on your part that you used the word "we're" in your post above.

Exactly what other people are involved in your group that you claim is not taking away our right of free speech?

Are you a paid political operative here on ATS, or are you just shilling for the democrats on your own time?

Serious questions for you ...

[edit on 8/17/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Based on what exactly? Your opinion?

I used the Canadian healthcare system as an example because of the discussions that I have had about this very issue with friends and relatives across the border. I'm not an expert, never claimed to be.
From the reading that I HAVE done though, it seems that there are both positive AND negative aspects to the Canadian system. For example, depending on which province and city/town you live in, you may end up waiting for quite awhile before you see a doctor. This is not a matter of opinion, it's just plain old common sense--An area with MORE people will mean sitting LONGER in the waiting room.
Anyways, obviously no plan is going to work perfectly...there are problems with the health care system in all 1st-world nations.

IMHO, the biggest problem with a socialized healthcare system in the US is going to end up being the rather large population living within the nation. Will everybody who needs treatment be able to get it reasonably quickly and efficiently? Will a socialized healthcare system push us ever-deeper into debt, and faster than we're already sinking?

Aside from the healthcare debate, my REAL point was that many people in this country are disenchanted and angry with the government, and for PLENTY of good reasons. We have every right to get out there and make ourselves heard, because they seem to refuse to listen to us until we shove it in their faces.

More of us should non-violently shove it in their faces.

Based on the fact that I, myself am Canadian and have seen the system at work first hand. The over whelming majority of Canadians prefer the Government run program. Guaranteed.

Trust me, this is not my opinion, this is 100% fact. If you think you know more about how my health care system works than I do, guess what? You don't.

Some provinces have booted out the car insurance agencies too and have seen their premiums drop by 400%. Not saying it is for everybody, but don't make claims that are false and try to pass them off as fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Of course there are flaws, but no system is perfect.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by resist2012
So she wasn't lying, there was a swastika there, ONE swastika(with a slash through it, the universal ANTI symbol), according to the photo.

Apparently one person arrived with a swastika on a sign and later drew a line through it.

Source

Here's another one

And another

Left wing extremists go "nazi" too.

"There are people carrying swastikas to a town meeting on health care" as if the majority of people out there were carrying them. We all know (all those who speak the English language) that tone and infliction in one's voice is used to express emotion for the subject in which they are talking, or how they feel about it.

Um... SO WHAT? She had a "tone"... Of course she doesn't approve. What's the problem with this?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thank goodness we're focusing on the big picture and not allowing ourselves to become obsessed with bickering over pointless trivia that most of us will have forgotten a month from now.

Oops! Did I just say that out loud?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Thank goodness we're focusing on the big picture and not allowing ourselves to become obsessed with bickering over pointless trivia that most of us will have forgotten a month from now.

Oops! Did I just say that out loud?

Agreed. This should be the least of peoples worries, but then again elections are sometimes decided on abortion rights and gay marriage.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by macaronicaesar]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I'm disinclined to believe that Nancy Pelosi has ever told the truth about anything, but I'll certainly await the evidence and admit I'm wrong. Apparently the whole "swastika" thing came about because she did not have the intellect to understand that the "Nazi" implication was directed at her. Basically, her intellect has been shown to be so feeble that I no longer even listen to her mutterings.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
*Shakes head.*

Besides, the point of this thread was not to put down the people who are carrying these messages, even though I do think they're loony, but to show that there are people who are carrying such signs and that Pelosi wasn't lying.

Conservatives said that she was most likely making it up on the fact to get sympathy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
She's calling Obama a fascist and a Nazi.

Which is true. Everything he has done points directly at facism.
Facism knows no political boundaries. He's a classic facist.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

But you never answered my question above on whether you are a paid political operative here on ATS, and never identified the "we" that you said you are working with.

Can we take your refusal to answer as a "YES!"?

[edit on 8/18/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I think you fail to see the evil and corruption that has taken over the whole politician system. It is just like the judges, like the LEOs, like the lawyers, and all the bureaurats. You can NOT get a job there if you are a descent human being. IF, by chance, you DO pull it off, then they will not allow you to remain long. The evil have taken over. That is what Jesus is coming back to rescue descent men from. We can not prevail. That is why God is planning on intervening, right after our 'great Leader' declares himself 'god'. Government as terrorists. Like I said, interesting times....

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
so are you impacted reactionally by a swatstika? then you are mind controlled in that area, it is a cross with the ends canted, hitler was not what is commonly believed.and if you havent looked into it you better.the protocols are in your our faces more each day and have been for centuries their goals are near and they are happy are you?]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

No, I'm not paid.

I'm just a person who got angry when she saw a swastika at the town hall meetings, and the conservatives called her a liar on it, saying that she only reported it to just make everyone feel bad about the Democrats.

They were wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Enough of the Hitler allusions already!!!

'You're a fascist"
"No, you're a fascist"
"No, you're a fascist"
"Am not"
"Are too". . . .

Each side in the health care debate is calling the other side(s) Nazis.

In argument theory this is called "reductio ad Hitlerum."

Who called who what name when has become meaningless.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
But it's still purposeful.

It means people are being suckered into a lie, and a lot of people are unable to have the wool taken off of their eyes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join