It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1362-The Kensington Runestone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I was taught in American public schools from 1978 - 1993 and we were taught that Leif Ericson was the actual discoverer of the Americas, but it wasn’t until Columbus that there was a constant influx of ships going back and forth that also lead to permanent settlements being set up that would eventually lead to the downfall of the indigenous peoples culture who lived here.

Whether or not Leif was actually the first or if there were others before him, it is not something that the mainstream would not be willing to accept.

Please excuse my spelling and or grammar, after all I was taught in an American public school system . . . .

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The date of the Kensington Stone is 1362. And there are some interesting links to the 1314 dismantling of the Knights Templar and the Cistercians Monks on Gotland Island.The Cistercians worked closely with the Knights Templar, and there are quite a few gravestones in Gotland that have Templer markings on them. What if some of the Knights Templar and Cistercians had something to do with The Kensington Stone?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

thats very interesting,

because one of the newer peices of evidence is that one of the runes deemed a fake in an older analysis, has been found to be Gotland specific and has been found on gravestones in Gotland.

HMMMM, very interesting stuff indeed.

Besides how would a 19th century farmer know anything about 14th century runes, specificaly one used only by gotlanders.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Exactly there was no way in hell he would have know about it. It gives it some credibility and opens up a whole new can of worm...The Cistercians?The Knights Templer?Who knows, if you come across any info please share.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

I was listening to C2C, and they were discussing the Kensington Rune stones. Apparently it's tide into several locations throughout the Northeast as well. I'm trying to recall the show right now off the top of my head, but I think it was tied in with Roselyn Chapel, and the Sinclair family.....very interesting.

Of course the Govt. says it's all hocus pocus, but big BUT Imho the govt. are systematically suppressing truth. I think the NWO has been oppressing the true history of the Earth for 1000's of years.

Here's one for all, Colombus, and company destroyed tons of pyramids in Latin America. They'd take the stones from the temples to build cathedrals in the same exact spot as where the pyramid stood.

Go figure, why destroy them???

I think the conquistadors, and even the People that placed the kensington rune stones were privy to esoteric ancient World maps. I think the Kensington People came to look, and explore the forgotten World;
While Colombus, and the Holy Roman Empire=Church was coming to destroy the ancient left overs. They did this because at some point it could expose realities long past forgotten.

If they didn't, then as the world grew other's would experience the truth.

So, I think the kensington People were tied in an interesting manner to the Colombus conquistadors.

S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

My friend, I must agree with you. The conquest of the Aztec and Mayans was a pure focus on destroying their culture. And to use the Aztec and Mayan religious beliefs against them, calling them barbaric, was only to force-feed them Christianity to use it as a form of fear and control. I feel it was a great loss of history and cultural knowledge to know that alot of Aztec, Mayan and Inca temples and pyramids were either destroyed or rebuilt into Christion chapels. There is no doubt in my mind, that any sea-faring maps were either stolen or destroyed. This scenerio fits perfectly with The Kensington Stone. Now that we know the dates of The Kensington Stone can be geologically proven along woth The Vinland Maps, it would seem to me that "old school" scholars are trying to keep the truth hidden from us.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Here's one for all, Colombus, and company destroyed tons of pyramids in Latin America. They'd take the stones from the temples to build cathedrals in the same exact spot as where the pyramid stood. Go figure, why destroy them???

C'mon Sancho! Think about it. If Columbus was supposed to have destroyed all the pyramids...he missed a few. 'On the same exact spot'...really? Are we sure? A lot of stories floating around sound truthful, but give them some thought and they fall apart...

Lifting blocks for the nearest town's new development...church etc is a far cry from systematic destruction. Knocking out the old religion and stealing bits has always gone on. Major Christian festivals are usually rebranded Pagan celebrations.

Teotihuacan

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Holy moly
so to speak

the history channels show "Holy Grail In America"
is REALLY GOOD

It weaves a rather expansive tale, involving rune stones, templars, masons, and stuff.

First was the kengsington stone, the geologist who did the 2000 study was so taken by the evidence that it changed his thinking.
He determined that the stone is authenticly old, the weathering on the sides of the grooves is consistent with the weathering on the surface. There is also evidence of bio-chemical etching, produced by an acidic excretion of a fungus that lives on tree roots.
Then there is the hooked x rune, that was deemed a fake, but shows up on grave stones in gotland.
The hooked x also shows up on other rune stones found on the eastern seaboard, and on the naraganset stone.
It also show up un rosslyn chapel in scotland.
Its also found in Cristopher freaking Columbus's signature after he returns from his first voyage.
Columbus' father was a master and ship captian in the Kinghts of Christ, the portugese successor to the templars.
And columbus's sails flew the templar cross.
Theres another stone found on the east coast that has a map of the area with symbols of deer ducks fish and faces, with runes on the other side, and says that vinland was several days south.
A henry sinclair from the sinclair clan, Rosslyn chapel is on sinclair lands, went on a voyage to explore iceland greenland and newfoundland, in 1398., A runstone has been found that has a date of 1401 on it, that talks about the death of party members, "red with blood and dead"

Then theres the newport tower, it closely matches in size and construction techniques found in templar round churches found in scandanavia and britain/scotland.
A new excavation shows possible signs of the remnants of post that would have held up the outer wooden wall that surrounded the stone parts of the structure.
And there is a window in the east side, that on the winter solstice the sun shines through it and strikes an distinct oblong keystone of an arch opposite the window. Not only does the sun strike the stone it does so at 9am an important prayer for the templars.

And if you take a visual sighting along a line between the illuminated keystone and its opposite, it makes a line that points accurately to kengsington.
And the newport tower is on verranzano's 1524 map of the north east us coast, as a "norman villa".
The sinclairs were of norman descent.

Eventually the conclusion is drawn that the holy grail is not a relic,
but an idea of a land where men could live in religous and personal freedom.

A lot of very good info

i missed most of it but its on again in 1 hr so ill pay attention

[edit on 20-9-2009 by punkinworks]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Der, I didn't say all; now did I? I said "tons". I meant that in literal weight, and figuratively as meaning just what I said, many pyramids, and temples were destroyed to build a church right over where the old one was.

Your correct there are tons of them still around, and being discovered actually daily. A point of clarification on my part is that the ones I specifically know of were some that were heavier in population, or at the time already existing, and thriving cities.

Many of the more famous ones known of today had actually been lost in the ages of time, and to some degree been reclaimed by the jungle/forest.

So, I am sorry that You thought You were showing me up, but I can provide lots of pictures of the different ruins I've personally been to; as well as the pictures of churches which openly acknowledge how they were brought into existence.

All is good

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Its the gift that keeps on giving

cristopher columbus was related to the sinclairs.

Any way the mineralology done in 2000 clearly shows that the kensington stone is at least as old as 1600.
There is no way to artificaily weather the stone in such a way.
The researcher also found that some of the runes in question are from a thing called the easter tables, a dual dating codex.
it was a way to double date an inscription in code.
Stones with holes were also found around the farm where the k stone was found.
the small drill holes have been called anchoring stones, inland from they dont make sense. but new information indicated they were used as a survey marker.
They have been found at another norse site in greenland, upernavik.
Three pairs of stones triangulate a point between them.
And the stones at the farm line up to where the stone was found.
And at upernavik they do the same thing, they pointed to a rune stone inscribed with the date of 1314.
there are stones in michigan along the water that have a carving of a circle with a cross inside and a high prowed sailing ship, and the cirlce and cross is found in illinois along a river a well.
there is a rock in ND that has a carving of a horn and knife, a common norse symbolism for a concluded deal.
And a newer translation of the kensington stone using the newly discovered runic relationships, reads that they were on a voyage of aquisition amd not exploration.
The location of the runestone puts it at head of two water sheds the red river and the missisipi.
And the stones says they were 14 days from the sea, either way you go where the stone is 14 days canoe to lake winnipeg or to the great lakes, the sea and it was five days walk to the canoes.
Which matches the location.
So mutch info

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This story has turned into more than just the norse in the new world but actually does point to a much larger picture of american history.

The connection between the sinclairs, who were of norse decent, and columbus whos father was a knights of christ grandmaster.

The long list of rune stones from the east coast and the mid west are standing up to the scrutiny of modern geo chemical analysis as to the age.

The story of henry sinclair, as told in an authentic narrative of the time, who sailed to the new world in 1398.
And the trail of evidence he left in the runestones and rock carvings left on the east coast.
The mi kmaq have legends of men that came on the backs of whales and were led by a mythical person whos name i cant remember. And this person held "court on a hill" eveidently this notion of one person lording over others is not how the native do things.
They also have a tale that he built on an island and planted trees on it, and that island happens to be the infamous oak island of money pit fame.
And the oaks that once covered the island were not native to the island.
And a old stone foundation has been uncovered and its dating to the 14th/15th centuries.
the indians didnt build building with stone foundations.

he made it all the way to boston at least and the party left the westford sword carving and the carving of a knor.
and along the way they left the spirit pond runestones, and nargansett stone.

Amazing stuff

The

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Howdy Punkinworks

Ah that was a mighty torrent of woo my friend. Hard to debunk as there is so much of it.

I'll do just three

1.Christopher Columbus father was a weaver

2. The Newport tower is a direct copy of similar ones in England and was built as a wind mill. We have a thread here that talks about that - the sun thing is a no go too.

3. Thirdly the 'normanvilla' is a place name, a descriptive term not an actual place. You might wish to take a look at its location on the 1527 map.

Now the Runestone may or may not be real. I'll leave that to experts to argue over.

Edited to add:

To get to the bottom of this you need to look at V's original report and the later map that came out that was allegedly based on his data. I believe there is no mention of the 'norman villa' in the report but it is located on the map - also I'd be interested in seeing whether that term is on the map or its a translation. I'm not sure a 14th century Italian would use that phrase based on the Norman conquest of Sicily some centuries earlier. Anyway need the primary documents to clear this one up.

I believe this is a link to a copy of that map www.mapsofpa.com...

[edit on 21/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They had a great show on the history chanel yesterday about the kensington rune stone and the templers. the show discussed the tower out east and drew a line from the tower to the rune stone across the USA. the line goes through the thumb of Michigan in the general area of the sanilac petroglyphs.

there are stick figures of men with conical hats and some runes. does anyone know if there has ever been a connection?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

hey there hans,

my mistake it was his grandfather.
it was a very compelling production.
The analysis by the forensic geologist was very compelling.
It is his opinion there is no way the kensington stone was carved after 1700.
And according to the geologist there is no way to fake this type of weathering.

His findings have been backed by others in his field and his paper was published and peer reviewd, I belive Byrd posted a link to it in another thread.

The dotted double r rune, and the hooked x are the runes that really work to seal the deal for me.

They are two of the runic forms that the traditional runeologists say prove its a fake.
But the dotted double r is the rune that shows up in grave inscriptions on gotland.
then the fact that the hooked x is found in other places, such as other stones and also in the grave stones pf gotland, specificaly graves at cistertion churches.
It is also found in rosslyn chapel in scotland, and in c columbus's signature after his return from the first voyage.

The geologist was somewhat dissapointed with the almost complete refusal by the archeological community to even accept the possiblity that the stone is accurately dated.
If you have a chance ot view this pgm Hans I highly suggest it.

One point they brought up was that on the stone when it refers to the party red with blood and dead, that they might be referencing the plague.
This was discussd in a previous thread, that the drop in population of native americans in the early and mid 14th centuries could have been some sort of epidemic.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hi there Punkinworks

I'll certainly look for that program but I've tended to avoid the History channel due to the non-historical material it has presented in the past. I'm also not sure it even available in my new package since I've moved overseas.

The debate on the stone continues. My biggest concern would be a practical one. How could and why would a party of Norse have gotten that far into the country without being wipped out? A study of the native Americans reaction to large groups of armed men traveling thru their territory is one of hostility~as the stone belatedly relates. As with so many items more study is needed and some confirming information required.

If it is a hoax then no great effect on human history

If it is real it would add another chapter to the Norse saga and their interaction with North America. Adding an interesting foot note to L'anse aux meadows and the Maine penny.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's some videos on it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
If it is real it would add another chapter to the Norse saga and their interaction with North America. Adding an interesting foot note to L'anse aux meadows and the Maine penny.

I have it from Parks Canada archaeologists that the Maine Penny was found in a sealed context in association with native artifacts that suggest it was brought south from Labrador by Innuit or Aboriginal peoples.

However...a butternut was found at L'ans aux Meadows that suggests the Vikings used the spot as a base and traveled afield from there. The closest site for butternut trees was New Brunswick. This I learned when I visited this summer.

The jury is still out for the Kensington Runestone...but look to Red Bay, Labrador for new possibilities of pre-Columbian visits.

Oh, and for the Sinclair folks...the 'castle' at New Ross doesn't exist.

But keep poking. Conjecture fuels research...but it is still not the same as proof. As long as everybody understands that.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'd say that the best place for new discoveries is in native american burial sites and hopefully another L'anse aux meadow site or more correctly temporary sites by 'day trippers' from Greenland

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I'd say that the best place for new discoveries is in native american burial sites and hopefully another L'anse aux meadow site or more correctly temporary sites by 'day trippers' from Greenland

I speak of Red Bay because when I visited the site, there were inferences that the Basque whaling station dating back to the mid-1500s may yet reveal a history that pre-dates Columbus. Solid proof is lacking so far, but all it takes is the right discovery to change yet another paradigm...which is proof that the system, while exacting, does work.

As to L'Anse aux Meadows, the site is being interpreted as a base camp. The set-up is such that ships could be hauled up on the flats for dry dock and refurbishment. Forges and shipwrights' work stations have been excavated, there was a source of bog iron for nails, etc, and lots of timber at the time.

And as I mentioned...that lowly butternut speaks to greater possibilities. As the Maine Penny shows, finding Norse artifacts in a First Nations context can be open to confusion. A solid Norse site would provide a slam-dunk.

I would suggest a visit to the Parks Canada website for more detail:
www.pc.gc.ca...

Interestingly, Inuit oral tradition appears to speak to the conflict at the L'Ans aux Meadows site...and basically shifts the blame as cited in the Sagas. While you can't bet the farm on oral history...it could provide new leads.

I have heard a professional muse about a troublesome site in Ontario that seems to point to the Norse...I'd like to know more about that, but it might cost me a few drinks.

Either way, the final chapter has yet to be written, and in the final analysis it may well include the Kensington Runestone.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I found the L'anse site to be very forelorn (especially after the very long drive to get there) considering climatic changes I don't see it could have been anything but a point to winter over and repair ships as they recce'd about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join