It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dead' baby revives before funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

'Dead' baby revives before funeral

news.bbc.co.uk

A premature baby declared dead by doctors at a hospital in Paraguay was found to be alive hours later when he was taken home for a funeral wake.

Jose Alvarenga said he had discovered his son was alive after he heard crying from the box in which he was placed.

The family of the baby, who is now stable and in an incubator, have spoken of their anger at the hospital for the mistake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At first i was disgusted that the doctors had given up on this little baby. How could they pronounce him dead when he wasn't. Surely there are tests you can do to prove definite that someone is dead?

Then from the doctors description i could see why they thought the little baby was dead, but still, to get something like this soooo wrong is shocking.

A minor miracle it seems.

How could the doctors just laugh when told the news, laugh and say 'are you sure?'

Makes me angry that they gave up on the little one so easily. He's certainly a fighter.

Some one needs to be fired for that blunder.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's Paraguay, he's lucky they didn't just toss him in the trash bin.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Aww all the bad points aside. How great is this for that family?? Having your child die then find out the poor little fecker is alive. Very happy ending.

Much like the bible.... lulz

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Anti-christ lol

but seriously what a miracle...

must be an important person in things to come

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
Anti-christ lol

but seriously what a miracle...

must be an important person in things to come

Exactly what i thought.
This poor little begger better go on to cure cancer or discover the meaning of life

God bless his cotton socks.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is not so uncommon as you might think.

I've heard of full term babies being declared dead, only to "come to life" later.

We've had two adults declared dead here in Albuquerque in the last few years who "arose," as it were.

Just one case:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I'm beginning to think i should have put this in the conspiracy section. Its obvious to me that the 'living dead' are integrating themselves into society and waiting until their numbers rise before striking Dawn Of The Dead style

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I'm just glad the little guy made it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Come on, he's not alive it is obvious we are dealing with a zombie.
Seriously though, those doctors should be fired for their mistake.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's not as uncommon as one may think. But this is amazing news for the family and just in time too, imagine if the poor baby was buried and then decided to cry...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't even begin to imagine the mind job that must be. The horrible grief, then the miracle.

It is not the first time people have been perceived dead and then were fine.

The victorians were so worried about it they had themselves buried with strings tied around their fingers to a bell above their grave, and a night watcher would walk the graveyard listening for bells.

Thank heavens they found out before the baby was buried. Some cultures do it instantly. Maybe waiting three days is not such a bad idea.

Good thing there wasn't an autopsy.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Age of miracles is returning

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It happens all over the world and more often than you'd think.

But, you know I always knew that one day a dead baby would pull something like that just to freak everyone out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is great that even though the doctors gave up on the boy, that he was still alive and all, but where is the conspiracy in this?

This happens in these countries quite a bit, but really it has nothing to do with conspiracy, it has to do with the fact that this is a poor country and doctors do not have the best training in the world.

All in all, this is more chit chat than a conspiracy imo.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Its not a conspiracy, its breaking news, hence why i put it in the 'breaking news' section.

Its nice to read some good news from time to time. Instead of the constant 'The End Is Nigh' crap we usually have to put up with.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But this is Breaking Alternative News.

There has to be a conspiracy in it in order to be here.

Althought this is a lot better than the "Michael Jackson" and "the Kung Fu dude" conspiracies which people made out of the deaths of these two....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh my God! Can you imagine thinking your child id dead and then hearing it cry? How wonderful for these parents that the child is alive!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It used to be for centuries in Latin America and much of the United States that most coffins had a small partially enclosed belfry on top of them with a small bell, a rope tied to the clapper and dangled into the coffin through a hole on its lid.

That way if someone was buried alive or came back to life they could ring the bell to alert family or the cemetery workers who would usually keep vigil the first night and day or two after the burial just in case.

Of course being highly superstitious on the few occasions the bell would ring they would promptly dig the person up put a wooden stake through their heart and burn them at the stake!

Darn devil is always up to no good.

It’s important to remember this of course now that the Government plans on taking over health care. I recommend all coffins have bells attached moving forward! It’s bound to look like you died waiting in line!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

You know, that's heart breaking just to think about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join