It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am almost ready to leave ats due to partisanship, disinfo, agendas and lack of research or sources

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

See, Im not even a good speller

Don't sell yourself short! You spelled tentacles correctly. They just happen to spell their username as tentickles. I was just making sure that we had the same member in mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You know you don't HAVE to come here right? You are just another user on this forum.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If the mods would increase the Ignore List capability - - that would work for me.

I enjoy real discussion - - - hate the always negative and "pitstop" posters.

I kind of monitor/ignore - certain posters until the thread flows better.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
note:did not read all responces to this thread, just posting to the OP

Dude I get you completly. I first found ATS when I looked up gov't conspiracies. The first few topics I read were amazing(even though hard to take as truth at time). Then the more and more I came here I realized and could pick out the dem's from the gop's, the people who did their research from the "OMG I SAW A BLINKING LIGHT IN THE SKY SO IT MUST BE A UFO THAT THE GOV'T IS COVERING UP" people. One I remember is when the fake Obama birth cirtificate came out and everyone was so excited cause he would be taken out of office. Noone could even put two and two together that this was written in english, but was from an african nation. It is getting kinda old that this site is filling up with people who just want to start trouble and add more bull to conspiracies. I think every post should be looked over by a mod before it becomes a thread to keep the idiots to a minimun and only have well thought out posts to read. The main reason no one trusts anything about any conspiracy is because of the idiots who say stuff such as "OMG I SAW A BLINKING LIGHT IN THE SKY SO IT MUST BE A UFO THAT THE GOV'T IS COVERING UP"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Whats going on at yellowstone?

The day that thread started is the first day I read something on ATS. Over the next few days I read each and every post that was made there and I was amazed at the teamwork that I saw. I have never posted to the thread, but I have read all 469 pages. Everytime I think that I might stop reading ATS, I think of that thread. If anything serious is ever going on, this is the only place on the internet I feel viable solutions will be presented.

Well said

Its true... I've left before for short durations... but up comes a crisis and I'm right back here trying to get the straight skinny...

The odd thing, is that those who I might call bitter enemies on some political threads become dear friends on some of the crisis threads. That has helped to build bridges between myself and others.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
alot of people it seems that havent even been here over a year..maybe not important, but how can you have such a grasp within such a short duration?

were you here lurking for more than a year, on a differetn handle maybe?

I have been here since 04, I agree with you but theres alot of good stuff here still.

I could understand if someone has been here for a week or a day but frankly I think it is easy to get a grasp over a few months. I got my graps and I sure ain't leaving. It isn't difficult to understand that if something bothers you or you can't post in a specific debate, perhaps it is time to avoid that topic

I do think it is cheap to constantly throw the 'you haven not been here long' argument over and over. Not saying you did that but still...

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

To me the ignore button is a bad idea. Using it is kind of like watching digital television with just an antenna. Everything starts out good with a very nice picture, and suddenly the screen freezes or the picture goes away for a minute. Sometimes, vital parts of the plot can be missed.

I find that if something does not belong in a thread, the mods are quick to make it disappear.

When I first joined ATS, I was very guilty of making drive by posts, and pointless arguing. I'm a very anti-social person, and that extends into the internet. However, I like to think that as the months go by, I am getting better at making worthwhile contributions to the discussions.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I've already left. Youtube and ATS. And for the ones here on Ats who know the real truth I sugesst you do the same. I am not about to be tracked or harrassed because of my views and beliefs. Ats was cool all the way up until half awakened individuals came here. There are alot more people becoming aware of the scam and lies that are being told to the masses, but these newly awakened individuals have a long way to go.
If I wanted to argue about democrat or republican I would just talk to friends, family and random sheeple. I come here because I can share and learn with other nerds and alternative history geeks like myself so we can sort things out and come to a conclusion or start a movement.

I do feel that this site is just another way to track the "Aware". I will come here to read and I will only post if the thread seems worthy. Everyone needs to step their game up read more books and recognize that we need to fight together. Good luck Ats.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Teeky]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Teeky]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"I am almost ready to leave ats due to partisanship, disinfo, agendas and lack of research or sources"

So, someone else really is paying attention to ATS. Hallelujah...

You get a really informative subject, regardless of the subject, wast 35 pages of drivel and in fighting, bumping, and end up turning away the very people you claim to want to enlighten. This isn't a discussion board, its a dodge, diversion.

It sure has changed course from when I first started.................

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

To me the ignore button is a bad idea. Using it is kind of like watching digital television with just an antenna. Everything starts out good with a very nice picture, and suddenly the screen freezes or the picture goes away for a minute. Sometimes, vital parts of the plot can be missed.

I've been blogging since ICQ. I love the Ignore button and use it often.

I like having the choice. I like discussions to "flow" - - I trust my own discernment in only ignoring those I feel are a distraction to the discussion.

However - I have friends who think the same as you.

But - I still like it to be my choice. I would love it to increase to 20.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, I will never leave this website unless I have too much schoolwork to keep up, which hasn't happened.

I've been here since '06 and I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

But I know which topics I'm interested in, and which topics generally make me mad. I know which topics aren't going to teach me anything, and which are repetitive and playgrounds for senseless debate.

I don't read threads which I know will make me too upset or frustrated to actually enjoy being here.

But I think you learn that with time. I think that when I was a new member, I hardly posted because I was so afraid of someone yelling at me. Now I've (pretty much) learned to stay away from areas that I can't handle.

If you can't handle people lying, criticizing, whatever you call it, then don't go to the threads where it's happening.

If you do, by accident or interest, and find yourselves frustrated... just close the window. Or do what I do occasionally, type up a mean, mean response. And then close the window before you post it.

This is a fun website. It should be fun. If it's not fun for you, find a different area of the website to check out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well disclose.tv beats this site hands down. at least there is free speech there unlike here. why would anybody come to this site its # disclose is much more up to date and the videos are better to all the people who wanna leave come on over to disclose and leave this # heap behind

i only joined to post this ah ah #ers

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I've been blogging since ICQ. I love the Ignore button and use it often.

My first computer was a brand new trash-80. Gotta love those floppy disks, 1.77 MHZ processor, and 4 KB of RAM. Zork I, II, III, Planetscape, Seaquest. Those were the days. OMG! I might be a geek.

Anyways. I respect your right to ignore, and while I do not agree, I fully understand. I know some people who use ignore or the enemy button over a simple difference of opinion. Hey, we all don't agree all the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is something to be said for the summer effect. I recall last summer (or was it the summer before?) it being nothing but reptilians left and right or so it seemed to me. The comes the election there is a huge flood of political BS being spouted left, right and center. There are days when it's hard to take some of this stuff seriously.

However like some posted about the Yellowstone thread, the coverage of the Georgia/South Ossetia situation was amazing. I literally spent days glued to those threads. There occasionally is a thread here that will really make you think, I believe that's why a lot of us are here.

Right now i'm glued to the Let's discuss what's in the Health Care Bill thread. Some may think it's partisanship, I believe it's just ordinary people trying to make sense of some of the wacky things we've been told or heard about this bill.

Glad to hear you're going to stick around, it's worth it in the long run.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingsaucernut
well disclose.tv beats this site hands down. at least there is free speech there unlike here. why would anybody come to this site its STUFF disclose is much more up to date and the videos are better to all the people who wanna leave come on over to disclose and leave this STUFF heap behind

i only joined to post this ah ah STUFF

Well you joined in May, so what took you so long?

You know, there's something to be said for censoring profanity.

Did you all know that if you quote a post that had profanity blocked, you can see it? That's weird. Let me take that stuff out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

In the last 2 months I come to ATS about 90% less than I used to. This place is absolutely chock full of the Obama healthcare shill militia. ATS needs to recognize the shills and ban them.

Maybe they are in on it, I don't know. I'm sick of it.

I got post banned because a mod didn't like my avatar color selection.

Sorry ATS you are on the verge of losing me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My first computer was a brand new trash-80. Gotta love those floppy disks, 1.77 MHZ processor, and 4 KB of RAM. Zork I, II, III, Planetscape, Seaquest. Those were the days. OMG! I might be a geek.

Anyways. I respect your right to ignore, and while I do not agree, I fully understand. I know some people who use ignore or the enemy button over a simple difference of opinion. Hey, we all don't agree all the time.

WOW! Yes - I was a card keypunch operator way back in 1964.

Anyway - I like to enjoy my experience in discussions. There are those with differing opinions who can discuss/debate intelligently without being rude or obnoxious. I prefer to focus on them.

I would like it to be my choice.l

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The ultimate problem is the fact that people see points, flags and stars as a status symbol so they make lots of posts they think may get replies for points. They make nonsensical posts for stars and they make threads that cause debate about regular topics for flags.

Stop flags and points and make the only motivation for posting one of information/education... not an option to increase one's status.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I AGREE.

I've been saying this for ages.

But I agree with you on that. Or just have it ranked by applause, because anyone can give flags and stars, and the outrageous views always succeed with them. But applause is only given out for real hard work and research and dedication.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
To the OP:

As many others have stated, I too am becoming frustrated, but from a different angle than the one you pointed out.

I enjoy reading the brilliant topics and replies that ATSers provide. What has made me turn a sly cheek are the posts that reflect specific dates to "The End of the World". How many times have you read a post where it says, "End of the Economic World at the end of summer 2009" or "UFO Disclosure coming May 11th, 2009" or "Asteroid hitting Earth to end civilization June 6th, 2009"? Whenever someone provides a specific date or time frame, automatically I have adjusted my thoughts to coherently disregard them as falsehoods.

I am very short in coming thought when stating that these ATSers are idiots, bundling mindless articles in quasi attempts to convince readers that troubles a brew. I have come close in composing all these articles into one main article with a title, "False Claims: When Will ATSers Learn", but I have yet to compose that homework assignment.

All in all, I look at ATS as just another website I hop onto day to day in search of something exciting. If one day there is nothing, I hold hope that the following day will be fruitful. This remains my dream. This is my continued hope.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join