It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am almost ready to leave ats due to partisanship, disinfo, agendas and lack of research or sources

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by iamjesusphish

In the last 2 months I come to ATS about 90% less than I used to. This place is absolutely chock full of the Obama healthcare shill militia. ATS needs to recognize the shills and ban them.

Maybe they are in on it, I don't know. I'm sick of it.

I got post banned because a mod didn't like my avatar color selection.

Sorry ATS you are on the verge of losing me.

ATS - has become very very Political/Religious.

Then those who want to discuss such things as Star children - Indigo - or New Age are treated with disdain. I find that very odd - - - as it seems to me - - - those diverse and some what futuristic subjects should be encouraged.

I really don't understand where the focus of ATS is going.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

AMEN!

I remember when I used to love coming to ATS, now it's a chore to find something on ATS that is not a heavily skewed right wing idiot fest.

I used to be proud to share this site with friends, but now I am so ashamed of what it has become that I would never dream of speaking about ATS to my friends. What ATS has become is shameful.

I like being able to Flag stories, so they rise to the top, but it would also be nice to be able to "thumbs down" topics, so that they sink out of site. Similar to Digg. Then we could at least contribute to helping tank these BS threads and keep them from rising to the top and taking over the front page. It's absolutely embarrassing that on any given day when you load up the ATS home page, it looks like a redneck fueled hate fest.

Here's hoping the site gets better, or at the very least that we get back to more conspiracies and less party trashing.

I for one really cannot stand to see another "health care" debate or anything even remotely similar.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
this is a forum.... what do you expect? threads would be short and few if people came on here to spread nothing more than fact. a forum is a place to express thoughts and opinons, also to share ideas, debate and learn something new. i feel that there are many with hidden agendas here, watching and trying to spread doubt for the elite(lol) but that is expected in the largest conspiracy forum. you just need to use some common sense and ignore posts with an obvious agenda

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinesolis

AMEN!

I remember when I used to love coming to ATS, now it's a chore to find something on ATS that is not a heavily skewed right wing idiot fest.

I used to be proud to share this site with friends, but now I am so ashamed of what it has become that I would never dream of speaking about ATS to my friends. What ATS has become is shameful.

I like being able to Flag stories, so they rise to the top, but it would also be nice to be able to "thumbs down" topics, so that they sink out of site. Similar to Digg. Then we could at least contribute to helping tank these BS threads and keep them from rising to the top and taking over the front page. It's absolutely embarrassing that on any given day when you load up the ATS home page, it looks like a redneck fueled hate fest.

Here's hoping the site gets better, or at the very least that we get back to more conspiracies and less party trashing.

I for one really cannot stand to see another "health care" debate or anything even remotely similar.

so some of you complaining about this forum being biased are just upset its not biased in your favor? hmmm, thats pretty pathetic. to clerify im not one of the right wing redneck idiots you are speaking of. but your not even close to as neutral as you try to come off as. i mean, you yourself not only say you want less party bashing, you also call those on the right redneck idiots.. and in the same post. what a joke

[edit on 9-8-2009 by srslyguyz]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by whoshotJR

I like the idea of customize ats for what we like maybe we could send some ideas over to the administrators to make ats more like firefox lol

Lol you got more stars for saying you like my idea then I did for posting it.

See people like you
so you should stay a bit.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by essj420

I think every post should be looked over by a mod before it becomes a thread to keep the idiots to a minimun and only have well thought out posts to read.

That kind of censorship would be far too Orwellien for my tastes. I came to ATS as a lurker in the early zeros and then later registered and stayed because it was superior to all other boards I have encountered in the past. Deep down, I think you already know that.

As for the insane rantings of the left and right and their continual struggle to demonize each other I say try to remember that we're all in this together. Politics and religion seem to be the topics of the ages that push peoples buttons like no other topics can.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

I'm not claiming to be unbiased. I hate rednecks, and racists, and any talk that seems to veer in those directions.

If you re-read my post, you'll see that my REAL complaint is the topics being posted on the site have recently seemed to swing away from conspiracy related, and more towards a political discussion.

Even if it were a hippie love fest of liberal left wingers I would still be bitching about the switch in direction that ATS has let these perpetrators take the site. Psst, I hate hippies almost as much as I hate rednecks, and that is my prerogative...I don't care where you fall, and I don't care to convince you that you should also dislike them, I'm just speaking my mind.

If I cared to be drowned in political threads I'd go over to a legitimate politics forum. I come here for conspiracy topics, but lately it's been 90% political, and yes, more redneck than I'd care to see, but I humbly admit that that is just my opinion.

That is all.

[edited spelling 2 times]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by sinesolis]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinesolis
reply to post by srslyguyz

I'm not claiming to be unbiased. I hate rednecks, and racists, and any talk that seems to veer in those directions.

If you re-read my post, you'll see that my REAL complaint is the topics being posted on the site have recently seemed to swing away from conspiracy related, and more towards a political discussion.

Even if it were a hippie love fest of liberal left wingers I would still be bitching about the switch in direction that ATS has let these perpetrators take the site. Psst, I hate hippies almost as much as I hate rednecks, and that is my prerogative...I don't care where you fall, and I don't care to convince you that you should also dislike them, I'm just speaking my mind.

If I cared to be drowned in political threads I'd go over to a legitimate politics forum. I come here for conspiracy topics, but lately it's been 90% political, and yes, more redneck than I'd care to see, but I humbly admit that that is just my opinion.

That's is all.

[edited spelling]

I respectfully submit to you that you really need to relax. There is alot of hate in that last couple of paragraphs you just posted and that's just sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by tamusan

I am not gonna leave... I am just getting extremely frustrated reading threads that have nothing but page after page after page of bs in them... I guess I am fed up with the partisan system and seeing it so brightly on an alternative sight angers me... very much

Of the things that bother you, I agree. On this sight it can be it caters to the real fruitcakes who think eveything is a conspiracy. I've read some very weird ideas here. At the end of the day we have to look at the available evidence, and work in our investigations with the scientific method. Only then can we make the cold hard calculations that will prove something, be it pro or con.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

BUT.... For the reason that I think ATS is quite probably a CIA clearing house - they're trying to work out what the general public know about...

Also as you said - disinfo.

If this site was about telling the truth they would't have banned John Lear.

It's as simple as that.

Look on youtube at John Lear Tells All.

He talks about censorship on ATS and confirms what you're saying.

A CIA clearing house.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by USER]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
At the end of the day we have to look at the available evidence, and work in our investigations with the scientific method. Only then can we make the cold hard calculations that will prove something, be it pro or con.

Available evidence?? Based on what??

You are no different from those who believe in spiritual things or ideas that can not be proven.

Science is based only on what you think you know today.

There is no real proof - - that anything is real.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

At the end of the day we have to look at the available evidence, and work in our investigations with the scientific method. Only then can we make the cold hard calculations that will prove something, be it pro or con.

You are no different from those who believe in spiritual things or ideas that can not be proven.

Was on another well known site tonight and got banned for posting this!!!
Re: Hearing voices. Quote

Hey op dont think ya sciz or have a brain tumor...I have very sensitive hearing and after having a debate with my mother today over whether Barack fluffed his Inaugural Address so does that mean that that does not make him president/also debate about his birth cert...but thats getting off topic! Anyhow decided to listen to the Inaugural address speech for the first time and noticed that from 1.25 you can start to hear like chanting...the chanting slowly trickles to musical chanting in the background from 04.07 then more clearly from 05.00. Could this be some kind of Mind op towards the Americans??? I can clearly hear it in the background and then I was too afraid to listen anymorehiding
[link to www.youtube.com]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaacbrown

Hey op dont think ya sciz or have a brain tumor...I have very sensitive hearing and after having a debate with my mother today over whether Barack fluffed his Inaugural Address so does that mean that that does not make him president/also debate about his birth cert...but thats getting off topic! Anyhow decided to listen to the Inaugural address speech for the first time and noticed that from 1.25 you can start to hear like chanting...the chanting slowly trickles to musical chanting in the background from 04.07 then more clearly from 05.00. Could this be some kind of Mind op towards the Americans??? I can clearly hear it in the background and then I was too afraid to listen anymorehiding
[link to www.youtube.com]

Sorry here is the youtube link...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

you are right, my apologies. Failed attempt at mixing humor with serious discussion. You know paradoxically spewing hate while seemingly espousing open mindedness, I thought it was a funny kind of imitation of the threads lately...I guess I should have used smileys and "/s"

Though I do strongly feel that ATS is going some places that I really don't enjoy.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaacbrown

That's scary. Cuz its true. We really do not know anything. Even Science is a belief.

People who believe Science - - believe the factors of science are real. But in reality - - it is still just another belief system.

----------------------------------

Anyway - those who think they have more rights to post because they believe in science - Don't.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Annee]

link   
I've been feeling the same way lately. I can't prove the disinfo theory but it certainly appears that some posters are more interested in creating anger,division and name calling than prenting well thought out discussions and debates.

Recent feedback on the Dr. Steven Greer interview by Proj Camelot devolved into a name calling personal attack on the interviewers rather than a discussion of the merrits of the views.

I found the interview informative. Both camelot and greer have been exposed to much more information than 99% of anybody on ATS. They have opinions based on reseach and they have a right to defend their views.

I suggest minimizing 1 sentence negative responses that add nothing to the argument. If you can't back up a claim with facts or references than label it an opinion and defend it as such.

Many people on ats feel that we are on the verge of something big. It stands to reason that if the status quo is about to be turned upside down that there will be those people willing to prevent it by any means necessary.

I'd love to see real disinfo agents outed but I'd be awfully caredul before I pointed a finger without evidence.

link   

I agree with you 100%

Esoteric subject matter is just as valid as any other topics on ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by and14263

I AGREE.

I've been saying this for ages.

But I agree with you on that. Or just have it ranked by applause, because anyone can give flags and stars, and the outrageous views always succeed with them. But applause is only given out for real hard work and research and dedication.

I didn't think of that.. that's the best way for sure.

Just applause... from the mods. Maybe we have a monthly vote to decide the top ten threads of each month so us posters still get some input?
But at the moment I doo feel we have too much power and freedom

link   
reply to post by sinesolis

I know what you mean. It does seem like that and you do bring up solid points on the bombardment of political bashing everyone seems to be injecting into the hallowed halls of ATS.

You're a good man and I respect your opinions on these issues.

I just worry that if we start inducing extreme measures of censorship what would become of the boards.

Edited and homogenized for your protection.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join