It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Up For Another Thought Experiment?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iknownothingiswear

thats because we moved to a differnt thread because it was supposed to be positive. and whether you come to to criticize because you think its a bad thraed the fact is its really none of your business because ats has opened their doors for discuse for a large array of topics. so you have to take or leave it.i know im staying even though some of the subjects should not be on a conspiracy and alien board they are so we all just have to deal with it unless ats could put them in a different forum like bts is but it might not happen for awhile.thay like to talk about that stuff let them.you dont have to check out there posts. just chill out and let things be.it does no good to get all worked up about something you can do nothing about.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's a video I just made and put on youtube about this whole experiment. Hope you guys can follow suit and create some of your own to get more exposure to this.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sirius20

Thanks for putting something up, man.
Good video.

The thread seems to have lost any steam it had, but I really appreciate the effort.

(Sorry to whomever I called an idiot last night)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

But what if people just started living like that in general. At what point would we see things change noticably?

I think the ripple effect could prove extraordinary.
It's raising the vibration to love -

Can you imagine how many people on this planet have only heard how much they could/should improve - from their peers, siblings, parents, teachers - etc?
It sets us up to think we can't do anything right. It sets us up to compete with each other - instead of support each other.

We think we are flawed - instead of human -
which causes us to become defensive and feel unworthy.

This is why we always remember our favorite teacher - etc...
the one who made us feel we were alright, acceptable, appreciated,
smart or talented.

Good idea. I'm in.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoobvious

its because we tolerate irrelevancies like these that ats become deluted. if you dont wanna be around homeless people you shouldn't offer free food on the streets.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iknownothingiswear

But you see, ATS created forums SPECIFICALLY FOR threads just like this.
Aside from the fact that there are a few of us who genuinely want to do something positive. In concert. To see if we can do SOMETHING.

If you don't want to participate - don't.

Other than that, welcome to my ignore bin. First one on this account.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Alright guys, tomorrow is the day.
Make good waves!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
alright! we are still on for tomorrow! when i 1st seen the date aug15th right away i thought it was a work day for some reason and thought oh this is going to be easy, i work in a big building and don't know everyone in the building but im basically comfortable enough with them and my surroundings to compliment or chat with anyone. But its actually a Saturday, this prob means encounters with people at the mall, stores, out to eat...so its going to make things a lot more interesting and fun....im looking forward to this.

edit:

about the dance party video that is very awesome, i LOVE to dance and it brings all diff types of people together, music is the universal language...many of times at clubs and parties ive been the one to be the 1st one that starts dancing....it always takes someone brave enough lol...def an awesome feeling tho.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by miss_sky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So, I figured I would write about what I did today. First I started early this morning and helped my mom at a house they're trying to get fixed up to rent out and then I took her car to get the oil changed for her and I used that opportunity to get a couple compliments in there since there were a few people there and actually let someone else who had their kid with them go before me because I didn't really mind waiting. Then I had to go to a couple stores and took that opportunity to go up to people and just compliment them on whatever I could think of that might make them happy. I gave all the loose change that I had in my pocket to these kids who were having a car wash without actually getting my car washed. So all in all I probably said or did something for about 20-25 people today. I know it's not the 50 that was the goal, but I felt that just helping the people that I could it did make a bit of a difference. There were a few comments on the youtube video that I posted up where people were pleased that I was taking part in it and actually complimented me for it. I was thinking about the south too and was hoping that they get some rain. I live in the northeast US, so I think I take the rain for granted since it's been a pretty wet summer here. Thanks OP for giving me the motivation to actually do something today instead of just talking about it on the internet. I hope the other people involved in this had some luck with this experiment as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the idea. I will try it!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join