It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Up For Another Thought Experiment?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
this is very nice and im totally down with it. I try to do this on a regular basis anyway..cheer someone up, let someone in traffic get out, and i notice positive things always come back to me, it def makes a diff.

just recently the one day i woke up in a foul mood and left my house for the day and after a few pleasant interactions with complete strangers it really turned around my day, so things like this can really turn a persons day around.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Thanks for hopping aboard.

As I've said a few times now, you never know when you just lightened the mood of someone who was about to do something atrocious.

I mean, I'm not saying that WILL happen, but that it might... it just might.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here we go, guys. This is obviously taken from another thread ongoing at this time, but I thought it is appropriate.

This is an example of what one person can do to bring joy to others.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think that video was awesome. Look how long it took for people to actually start letting go and living by being different than what the norm is. It took some time for the first guy to join and the second but after that people starting joining pretty quickly. We need to forget about what other people might think of us and do this with the sole intention of bringing some positivity to other people. That guy didn't care that he was the only one dancing at first. It all starts with one person making a statement, not caring about if people thought he looked stupid. When people get their confidence built up enough to join him, it makes it easier for others to build up that same confidence, and as more people join, others who might be very reluctant at first would think that it's somehow ok now to join in because enough people think it is. I think of myself as socially awkward as well, but I can still talk to people, but I normally don't go out of my way to talk to random people. I want to change that, and I have the ability to do that. It's the same with every other person.

Here's a little encouragement:

Do you want to know the secret to life?
Here it is...LIVE!!!
Let go and live

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hows this anything related to conspiracies? are you sure you're not confusing this with some feel-good christianity forum? i mean nobody heres looking to 'lighten up'. at least not those who still see the background color of this forum and realize what tone it represents.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iknownothingiswear

Up at the top of this very page you'll see... "Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics » Anybody Up For Another Thought Experiment? "

Unless I am mistaken, this thread is in the appropriate forum.

This isn't only a conspiracy theory thread, it is an alternative views thread.

But by all means, if you don't want to help your fellow man, don't.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
its true that you might find cereals next to steaks at a buffet but i come here for steaks only. and to me abovetopsecret says steakhouse.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'm glad that you view things like the Genocide in Africa as a T-Bone.
I view this place as a place where we figure out how to stop people from brutalizing animals for our own glutton.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I announced at work today that I intended to give 50 compliments on the 15th and two of my coworkers said they would do the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Good on ya', mate! < my favorite line from Finding Nemo

Lets do it!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
By the way, guys.
I have written a thread that is similar in approach yet different in focus. If anyone is interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

im just using an analogy since i happen to know the definition of it. intentions cannot be brewed from forced actions. you don't seem to realize its the other way around.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by iknownothingiswear]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah, whatever that was about. Nice to talk to ya'.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

im talking youre just avoiding. welcome to the ignore list, bible seller.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Bible Seller?
Alright bud

I'm sure I won't miss the company.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear
hows this anything related to conspiracies? are you sure you're not confusing this with some feel-good christianity forum? i mean nobody heres looking to 'lighten up'. at least not those who still see the background color of this forum and realize what tone it represents.

Are you a mercenary troll or part of a gang?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

i like the sound of mercenary troll better. im but an info consumer with nothing but bitterness on my tastebuds. and when i see distracting posts like this it just makes me wanna *spit

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Eh, mercinary or not, it is bringing attention to the thread, which is dying.

So whichever it is, it is doing a horrible job.

OR... It is just a... well, I had posts banned last night, I won't call anyone names just yet.

Idiot.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

why come to a thread just to make negative remarks. were trying to accomplish the exact oppisite so if you please if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything. your bringing negitive feelings to a positive experiment.so if this thread is bothering you just click on a different thread.

not to op: the whole world drought areas sounds good to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
even though i dont own ats i still care about it enough to voice my dissapproval over threads undeserving of front page spotlight due to their lack of any revealing info or insight on anything that can be considered secretive nor even mildly interesting. and you know what, i think my complaining has its effects- this thread has ceased to become a spotlight matter since i started dragging about it. good riddance.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by iknownothingiswear]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join