It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Side With the Serpent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by JayinAR

Not sure if you are familiar with the 'gods' www.halexandria.org... as in the sense of Annunaki gods (Enki and Enlil) but check that link out if not...

'God' only is perceived as a supernatural deity by the Roman empire who used that to twist the tru Sumerian tablets account...Anyone that displayed advanced technology, medicine, or science and did not originate on earth was referred to as a god...Genensis actually describes the cloning process and it also distinguishes the two main Annunaki scientist ( Enki and Enlil) in the Garden of Eden; one being referred to as the Lord God and the other as the serpent or AKA, God....

Enki is the one who fell in love with his creation (us) and wanted us to have knowledge ( thus being considered a traitor, or 'serpent) and Enlil was the more Ruthless; he was the Lord God..He is the one that got upset when their creation was trying to open their eyes or "bite the apple" ( of knowledge)....

Note: Genesis 1:13 states " Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings"

Exactly.
And yet, things have been upside down ever since.
It is, by far, the greatest smear campaign in the history of mankind.
And it worked, because everyone hates and fears the one who fought for them.
And they worship the one who tried to wipe them out.
Still, no one ever said human beings were grateful.
Just fearful and easily-led.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Animals do not kill indiscriminately...they kill the things they eat and sometimes in self defense...as do we. Animals killing others animals of the same species is extremely rare if not non-existant...unlike us. Who really knows good and evil?

Knowing Good and Evil within the context of Biblical and extra-biblical writings specifically deals with the spiritual anatomy of man and how to modify it to create alternate realities and how to modify human behavior and physiology to cope.

and before you doubt the idea of the Sun Rising in the West you have to evaluate the event within the context of the nature of reality. Isn't it funny that everyone on ATS is a master of Quantum Mechanics to the extent that they feel qualified to determine what can and cannot occur in this world?

A well placed lie and a murder can flip the world upside down. This is the subject matter of that Fruit you love so much and the reason it is forbidden. Only a real jerk would actually want to be involved with this business. Nothing personal.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I think you have it wrong.

If you do not have knowledge of good and evil (as god commanded) you are a psychopath.

If you do, you have ethics.

I just have a teeny tiny correction: "If you do, you have the option to be ethical."

Knowing there is good and evil means you have a choice to be good or be evil. But I actually don't think many people think of things in those terms. We tend to think of things in terms of reward vs penalty... rather than the inherent good or evil related to the choices we make. Instead of "is this evil?" we ask ourselves "will I get in trouble?"...

Perhaps the previous poster has a good point about our society becoming corrupt because of 'the apple'...

Actually... change of my train of thought here... perhaps what it gave us is a conscience... bear with me... Enki ('Ea' in the Terra Papers) gave his creation 'the gift of the feather', in Egypt it is the feather of ma'at... the feather of ma'at was used to weigh your 'heart' upon your death, or atleast that's my vague understanding of it.

So, where I'm going with this is, perhaps the 'apple' and the 'feather' are our 'conscience'... our ability to know when something we're doing is wrong. Maybe that's why people like to come clean about things on their deathbed, to admit their evils and "get it off their chest"before their heart is weighed against the feather...

Okay, that's not quite on-topic, but my mind goes on its little tangents...

Edit to add: I look at all of these stories of creation as symbolic rather than literal or 'truth', and I like to relate them to one another and see similarities...

Editing again:
Perhaps the apple story encourages the idea that mankind has been ruined by the opportunity to make one's own choices and the only way to overcome it is following the doctrine/laws and waiting for a savior... whereas, the feather encourages the idea that self-moderation is possible and mankind can overcome evil simply by paying attention to one's conscience, man can be its own savior/ruler.... my humble perception...

[edit on 8/9/2009 by eMachine]

[edit on 8/9/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yes..Exactly....

I wanted the OP to understand the Annunaki (Enki and Enlil) account because that is from the Sumerian Clay tablets..>That makes way more sense than the Christian spin that sounds too fairy tailish...

We do indeed have alien ancestry

Enki and Enlil were being referred to as "gods"....but Enlil, more specifically was called "Lord god"...he lay the rules and law of the land..He was the one that desired worship and didn't want the humans to know anything; just stay ignorant so that they remain easier to control ( sound like Illuminati to me, eh?)

Enlil considered Enki to be a traitor, more often known as "snake" for falling in love and having compassion for their creation...Whenever you see the text "Lord God" ( which is Enlil) you will always note he speaks to or about a serpent ( Enki)....

No the serpent is not the 'devil'... he was just outcasted as being a traitor to TPTB....He actually wanted Eve to 'bite the apple' which was symbollic for obtaining knowledge. The Lord God then walks through the Garden (the gold mines) and is upset by that and thus wants to punish her forever and ever, Amen....

Psychological fear to obtain knowledge ( asking questions or asking for clear understanding)...

Religious dogma wants you to submit blindly, with no questions asked.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by heyo

I didn't say that I don't think God exists.

And as for the knowledge, a limit on knowledge is still slavery, no matter how you cut it.

When you withhold, you subject.

PS - I would think that if time travel is possible and God exists then he most certainly has mastered it.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by JayinAR]

a limit on knowledge is slavery?
I'll tell that to my little cousing the next time i take a lighter away from him.
Also, I want access to all top secret files of all governments pertaining to me. Not having access constitutes slavery...c'mon.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thanks for making the right decision Jay...

Now we are going to have to start you out in the mail room of course, but don't worry we will move you up based on your skills and aptitude and self initiative.

We do offer a full 401K match.

The best health plan in the business.

A Gold watch at 50 years service.

The potential for a corner office on an upper floor is always there.

Welcome aboard!

Just sign here on the dotted line

................................................................................

Oh in blood if you don't mind, it's a tradition around here!

Orientation starts on Monday, 9:00 A.M. suit and tie...One Rockerfeller Plaza, Penthouse, New York, New York.

Wow this job just gets easier all the time, talk about the fish jumping into the boat!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I suspect you jest.

On what grounds?

Furthermore, I have already worked in the 'mailroom' for the Government.
It is the best job you can do for them...

Nobody gives a damn WHAT you do. Why? Because you get them their orders.

As long as you appear to do your job well enough, that is.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by JayinAR]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Oh no doubt that when you take that lighter away from your cousin you are enslaving him.

Is he not able to choose to smoke or not?

Are you making that decision for him?

Are you controlling him?

C'mon indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yes, we do indeed have extraterrestrial ancestory.

This is spoken of in nearly ALL of our mythologies.
What is it you wanted me to understand?

The annunaki?

While yeah, I agree that our ancestors spoke of star-beings, I do NOT agree with Sitchin.

His physics of orbital bodies is severely lacking and it is actually crucial to the logical leaps he makes in his stories.

While he may in fact have the basics of creation correct in regards to the summerians, he is most certainly incorrect in HOW it all happened.

So what is it I am to understand again?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

God forbade man of eating from the tree of knowledge.

God said that to eat from that tree man would become just like He.

Does it say what kind of fruit tree it is? Wasn't the tree of knowledge a peach tree?

1) God forbides man from eating of the tree of knowledge.

2) God creates woman after giving the command to man.

3) The woman eats of the tree first after relaying what her husband had told her about Gods command to the serpent.

4) The serpent convinces her that the tree was desirable to eat from.

5) Then she convinces her husband to eat of the tree.

Maybe god is a homosexual. Women seem to be more open to same sex relationships than men. The question is do homosexuals know more than hetrosexuals?

Maybe lesbians are the secret leaders of the human race.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I have a question to ask of any believer. If God is all powerful why would he knowingly create a being that was going to eventually turn against him, deceive his creation into following him in his treason and eventually punish the people for buying into what was, for all intents and purposes, a 'Godly Mistake'?

You don't buy the spin? Well maybe by assuming what you don't buy is a spin you are in fact buying the spin created by the master spinsters in an attempt to make you believe you are not buying the spin, when you are buying none other than the spin.

But I will answer your question, the reason God created a being that he knew would be evil is because evil will always exist, not even God can stop evil from existing, why would he? Without evil, good means nothing, without good, evil means nothing, without evil good is not good, without good evil is not evil, there has to be a universal balance of good and evil and there always will be, nothing can stop this, not only is it not God's purpose to stop this, it is his purpose to live in balance with this opposition, it is a universal truth, one which apparently you have yet to comprehend, but I don't claim to have all the answers, I just simply firmly believe opposition to all major forces must exist forever.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Your assumption is that he is old enough to be able to smoke. being able to smoke, and eating from the tree fo knowledge are congruent in our little metaphor. So no, he's not, he's 2 years old.

What kind of a kid who is old enough to smoke plays with lighters, anyways?......none of them. the ones you take the lighter away from are the ones who don't know the power of the lighter and what it can do to them.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

You are also denying God.
You are literally saying that there is a force out there that not even God can control.

And honestly, the "by not buying into their idea you are perhaps buying into their idea through a third party indirect way" is a bit weird to me.

No, what I'm saying is that they have peddled a lie.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Ah, and there is a conundrum!

A two year old. Yes, it throws a kink in things.
In any event it matters not. For even with that example you have compared the entirety of mankind to that of a two year old that needs to be governed.

Enslaved.

Controlled.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you feel anyone's account (including the Sumerian) is purely mythological; well, what do you think of the Christian account? Surely that is mythological to you too, so why then discuss the bible at all?

What do think these 'winged creatures' of the bible that always descended down to earth through the clouds looked like?

If you witnessed advanced technology back in the time of the Sumerians, you would consider that powers or miracles too.

Who all was being referred to in the statement " Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings"

Wasn't trying to insult you earlier in my response, was explaining that I wanted you to consider a different visual account of Genensis

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

yes, exactly. And if within these cosmos one designates themselves as being comparitavely better i'd say they are living in lalaland.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I haven't heard anyone say they are better than anything. In fact, at this point, I have lost the ability to follow your train of thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Oh, I wasn't insulted. I was just questioning what it was you wanted me to understand about the Sumerians.

I have read Sitchin's Earth Chronicles. Although I swore I wouldn't continue after the first book, I kept hearing about the crap.

So I read them. I didn't retain much because honestly, it is garbage.

And yeah, I consider the ancient texts mythology. Anyone in their right mind WOULD.
While there may be minimalistic truth to each and every one of them, they are not absolute in anything.

What I look at is the common themes and go from there.

Once again, this is a conundrum I have questioned for the Christians in the house.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How does proverbs fit into your view of things?

Specifically proverbs 8 and 9? These chapters say it is wisdom and understanding that guide people and to always go in the way of understanding.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Noticing a theme believers
ya, thats for sure. the same ole dreary crap time after time.
athiests, serpentsiders,devilworshippers, what have you?
it's like you've all done something in life you're totally ashamed of,
so you try to make everyone see things your way.how loud do i have to say this, no matter how well you paint a picture of your thinking.
there are far to many dark colors. nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join