It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI: Time Travel 101: A How To Guide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

i believe that nature does not prohibit backwards time travel (if time travel is possible at all) it only has to be perfect to be a true travel back in time. if not, you run the risk of going into different tangents of the "past" just as if you were to travel into the future, and have different tangents...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
We cannot because the faster an object moves, the more massive it becomes and the more massive it becomes the more energy is required for it to build speed. Simply put, collecting enough energy to go the speed of light is just out of the question.

I always wondered about this... if your statement is true, then why can't we see photons? They travel at the speed of light.

Because theoretically. photons are massless particles.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
reply to post by thefreepatriot

i have to ask though, did they only see the effects of time in less gravity only on clocks, or was there any aging aspects? say plants, animals, ect? if it were only clocks they saw, then its possible that gravity had no effect on time itself, but only on the clock...

Gravity does effect time.
This is how the UFOs travel in nonlinear time.
They make almost impossible 90 degree turns at very high speeds.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

then why can't we see photons? They travel at the speed of light.

You do see photons, what do you think light is?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Had you said something along the lines of an adrenaline induced psychological interpretation on the individual perspective of time, I may tend to agree with that.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

That is exactly what I was trying to get at. Forgive me. I just was not sure how to word it. I felt like I was beating around the bush but just was not quite saying it right.

As for using the word "shut down" that too was a "for lack of a better term" type of thing.

That said, I think that would explain why time seemed to slow to a stop when that wreck happened for you.

Again I do apologize for the horrible wording I used. Anyway, You have me wondering now, if you already knew the answer to why time appears to stop during traumatic events, were you perhaps getting at something else that I did not catch?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

just because they do 90 degree turns at high speeds doesn't necessarily mean that they travel non linear time, it could just mean that theyre energy drives can manipulate gravity

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am really confused on the theory of light travel + time.

Seriously help me out with this,

If you are able to travel the speed of light, 10 light years at the speed of light is still 10 human years because you are traveling at the speed of light you do not slow or speed up time just distance traveled in the same amount of time.

If you travel at light speed on a set distance of 100 light years away, guess what your going to die because your well over 100 years old. The people back on earth are not exponentially older than you. they aged the same as you did. just because they are moving at human speed and you are moving at light speed, time does not change only the distance from you and the other people change.

Distance is only traveled faster it does not equal the speeding or slowing of time, but how fast you can travel a distance. So ultimately your only saving time that would have ultimately taken lifetimes to traverse and found a way to do it in a life time by going at a higher rate of speed. respectfully if you travel a distance that is on par with human life

So again, your not slowing or speeding time up, your ultimately saving time...

A second is a second regardless of how fast you go, distance traveled is the only thing affected by speed.

Examples;

Ok. say you need to go 60 miles, you get in your car and drive at a speed of 60 miles an hour and reach your destination in one hour.

1 hour passed for you and 1 hour passed for every single person on this planet.

now you get in your jet and travel the same distance of 60 miles, this time, since your speed increased it only takes you five minutes, still five minutes passed for you and every single person on this planet.

now you get in a vehicle that is able to travel light speed and travel the same distance of 60 miles, you will get there in 11,160,000th of a second, 11,160,000th of a second would pass for you and every single person on this planet. Time remains constant.

I have seen the videos where they show the two mirrors with the green laser bouncing between them and I feel that is it flawed for the same reason I stated above.

The green laser seems to move slower its only because you are moving so fast that your now seeing that laser on a 186,000 m/s second scale because of how fast you are going.

Time is constant, speed is relative...

Again I am having trouble wrapping my head around the theory.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by I think Im normal]

[edit on 8-8-2009 by I think Im normal]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

MJ-12 has already adapted the technology to helicopters.
A 5 hour flight in a MJ-12 helicopter only takes 45 minutes.
Imagine how much fuel United Airlines could save if they put it
into 747s airliners!
One of the scientists talked about a long helicopter flight that
should have taken 5 hours. They landed after 45 minutes.
The book was Alien Contact by Timothy Good.
Without the reactor you can still achieve
- Spacial Deterioration of Time -
Create a gravity wave warp field sphere around the helicopter.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

wow............ you can explain it better then me
) and you even know the maneuver by name
never knew I would encounter someone that knew that and apparently knows it in much better technical details!!! on the cigar crafts.. what else do you know about them and how did you find out about them? I had no idea they can do that

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Ive always wondered about the danger of going BACK into time. Would the "craft" or materials utilised to get there still theoretically be in existance as they havent yet been invented yet. It'd be the same as a undiscovered Metal from 1000 years just suddenly appearing on Earth this very second, even though its not been found yet.

my thoughts on this:....since matter can't be created or destroyed, i don't believe that this would be an issue. as long as those composites are in existance (and they are, even if they haven't been "discovered" or combined yet), then you should have no problem with your vessel.

...keep in mind that i am only an aircraft mechanic with limited education, so this is just my opinion

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

I couldnt agree more.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

well if you control gravity you can warp both space and time.... gravity does both.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Did the Helicopter actually travel through time linearly or did the gravity "bubble" actually accelerate the helicopter due to the helicopter not being weighed down by earth's gravity?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

very interesting but how could you create a field around the helicopter without the reactor?? doesn't a reaction need to take place in order to create such a field or is this simply using electricity?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

i still dont understand how gravity distorts time.. also, if we dont know what time exactly is, then how do we know that gravity distorts it? sorry if this feels like kicking a mule, but i have a very complex thought process

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

its already been proven by the space shuttle .... gravity distorts space AND TIME this is common knowledge in the science community and one of Einsteins predictions from what I understand space\time is interwoven and tangled... gravity bends and distorts both of them... i am not claiming to understand what time is i just understand that space \time is together and that gravity does distort both. and the effects of this has been observed..

[edit on 9-8-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

haha.. then i guess im disputing both the scientific community's and Einstein's theory's. u gotta remember, at one time, the people thought the world was flat.. that was disputed, people were tried and hung.. then what happened? everyone found out that they were wrong, the earth was round.. think outside the box

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've always considered time nothing more than the movement of matter/energy. No movement= no time and so forth. So maybe a gravity distortion wave would distort or stretch the movement of matter/energy, therefore affecting "time".

[edit on 8/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
great article. but the question i have is, will we ever use "time travel" as a means of traveling to other states/countries, almost like a teleport type means?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

very true and I understand what you are saying and im not saying i know everything but the EFFECTS of space\time distortion has been proven.Do we know the mechanics of this and why this happens .... the answer is no but we can observe it just the way we observe light reflecting ourselves and objects... that is all.. we still don''t really fully understand the mechanics of things we only can really observe what they are and TRY to explain it... not saying I am absolutely correct I am just saying that there is a observation and it has been proven... but we still do not fully understand why this happens..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join