It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Old Man For Sitting In Wrong Seat At Baseball Game(video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There are two issues as as I see it.

1) The police are using their tasers way too much in situations that don't warrant it.

2) The public doesn't care, doesn't have the moral back bone to say "Hay that is wrong!" to the officers. We truly are drones.

The second one worries me more, we can always tell the cops to stop using tasers, but how do you reprogramme the intelligence of people and restore their conscience? Much trickier.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The other problem is the psyche of the people that they need for the police forces. They teeter on the edge of over aggressive behavior to begin with. This type of person is far more effective in vocal tonalities, (usually) in regards to orders, etc...They usually don't have any problems with confrontations, and are selected for these reasons and other similar descriptive behavioral tendencies.
The nuttier ones squeak by way too often it seems.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They couldn't drag the man out of the seat, it would probably hurt more people if he were to resist further. I support what the Cops did 100%. People should learn to respect the Police and listen when they are obviously wrong, or in this case in the wrong seat. If they hadn't done what they did, they would have been there all day.

I know none of you would have wanted a 'peaceful' end to the conflict if you had paid money to see the game. You would have missed the game.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Two things I notice that make me think there's more to the baseball game situation than we know. Look at the stadium, it's 3/4 empty, so I'm not entirely sure it's just about being in the wrong seat. I don't think in a normal case security would care all that much or even be alerted to his presence. The guy sounded drunk and very likely was being beligerent either to fans around him, or to the teams on the field, or both. Somebody probably complained to security, and at that point they asked him for his tickets. The guy wasn't moving, period.

Now, is that a reason to taze him, well that's for each of us to decide. IMO, I've seen a lot worse cases of taser "abuse".

Peace

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by joe82

Unfortunately, monkeys are not quite smart enough to realize they outnumbered the gestapo about 10,000-to-1 ...

You are seriously comparing them to the Gestapo?

I guess Law Enforcement cannot end a conflict with a defiant and belligerent suspect without being called out for abuse of power. Excuse me for thinking otherwise!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji

I guess Law Enforcement cannot end a conflict with a defiant and belligerent suspect without being called out for abuse of power. Excuse me for thinking otherwise!

They are trained in varying degrees of belligerency, and how to recognize escalation events. He was obviously too drunk and belligerent for three highly trained police officers to remove, using minimal use of force. *sheesh* He was not aggressive at all. One cop for each arm, would have been sufficient. He could have been ejected from the stadium in minutes. No one would have gotten hurt.

I understand the daunting task of this, and realize that a taser eliminates any possibility of someone getting a shot to the jaw, or whatever...but it's much too much force, to render the individual to a fetal position. When, if they were to assert minimal physical force, they would have probably coerced the individual to leave on his own. And if he became combative then...by all means... But not before. The escalation of events need to be in place, for each reaction the officers exert. There was NO evidence, NONE to support taser use.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Demoncreeper]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

What about the old lady who cops tased at a football game, that is presented in the other video, no sign of power abuse there either I guess, right? Not to mention the countless other videos of cops on power trips and who knows how many others where they're no cameras around to film it.
As far as the poster comparing the cops to the gestapo, I think what he's trying to say is that we are becoming a police state, which is absolutely right.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

The problem here is that the stadium owners can be held liable for anything happening to any fan, including the guy himself. He had to be removed under the circumstances.

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are , what, 47,000 Police Officers in the country? And since you see a video of a handful of cops 'acting beyond their right of power' you believe the entire system is corrupt.

I think I will use an analogy used in this very topic in a previous post..what was it..oh right, monkeys.

Give a monkey any intelligence at all and he thinks he knows more than the next monkey.

Granted, there are some instances where SOME cops act unlawfully, but keep in mind that it only takes ONE cop to act aggressively toward someone until every cop on the scene jumps in to support their comrade. It doesn't mean they are all corrupt, it means that one is corrupt and the rest are just there to support a situation before an officer gets hurt.

Protect your own.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
When a police officer points a taser at you, you can expect to get shocked. But what happens if you point a taser at a police officer?

If police use tasers as a non-lethal method of subduing a suspect, then they aren't a deadly weapon. Point a taser at a cop and I'm convinced you end up dead.

Note: I don't condone this. It just makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

The problem here is that the stadium owners can be held liable for anything happening to any fan, including the guy himself. He had to be removed under the circumstances.

Peace

No doubt, but they were still there at the end of the video. Waiting for ...
first aid, probably. Walking the guy out would have been way more efficient.

And no, this by no means proves all the cops everywhere are corrupt and evil. Law enforcement officials deal with S%$# on a daily basis, most people would be mortified by. I've dealt with a lot of garbage in my years in the field, and it is so frustrating to see, day by day people having ZERO respect for Law enforcement officials.

I can see why tasering would be so tempting, in a lot of situations. (even minimal events) It is the exposure of the bad ones that gives the IDEA to all the people watching, that they can have little respect as well. By saying things like "what are you gonna do, tase me??" As much as I'd want to, not until I NEED to.

It goes around and around. How can a law enforcement official effect their cause, do their job...when everyone else (that aren't in law enforcement) think it could have been done better? Or differently? They don't know, because they've never been in the situation, where they have the right to exercise authority over the situation.

However, I still maintain that this particular instance was too much force. Period.

Like I said earlier, the screening process may be less efficient as the nuttier ones seem to be squeaking by way too often it seems. Or just more people with video recording capabilities. haha

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Star for you.

Finally someone that isn't convinced that the world is coming to an end.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One man: three cops
Three cops: 10,000 Civilians
10,000 Civilians: 25,000 National Guard
25,000 National Guard: 100,000 Civilians
100,000 Civilians: 1,500,000 US Army
1,500,000 US Army: 300,000,000 Civilians.

Who will win this escalation if all you mumbling protesters unite for a change? They cannot taze you all, why are you all such keyboard warriors?

Before you say anything, I stood up more than once to local police, and guess what: they know not to mess with me or my family anymore. I take no lip from anyone, and they know it. There is a movie on YT somewhere where a Guardia hits a woman with a night stick just for cursing at him.. What they do not tell you is that the Guardia ended up in hospital as he should have.

These three cops should have been mobbed and put in hospital just the same. It is time for you Americans to send a clear message. Fear of death is stupid, especially when those who control you depend so heavily upon it. The problem (with Americans) is you fail to unite because you are so easily isolated. Get out some more!

They want you to think that they want you to riot and that is why you do not want to riot. But they really do not want you to riot and just make you believe that they want you to riot so that you do not riot. So just mob up & riot.

Watch what happens this fall (in Spain) when they try to vaccinate our kids in school. That will be a bloody hoot, and this time it will hit mainstream.

Sorry to vent, but it is becoming pathetic to watch.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire

These three cops should have been mobbed and put in hospital just the same.

This is a ridiculous statement. How does that make you any better than them?
You are spreading a dangerous message, to people who will believe that it is ok ALL the time.

Until some person breaks into your house and is killing/raping your loved ones, and you make that call...911...
Hoping you get the most aggressive cops on earth, to help you and your loved ones.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Cops are supposed to protect and serve, which they don't do except for themselves, no matter how wrong they are or how much evidence is against them, they'll all gather around to protect the cop and talk about how there was no wrong doing and it was justified and if we(the public) do the smallest little thing(sitting in the wrong seat at a sporting event) we get tased.
Also, it seems that cops act like they're in some brotherhood that's above the law and are never to tell on each other, lie for each other to stay out of trouble no matter how bad it may effect someone else. Cops are less like a protection agency and more like a street gang.
Finally, my thoughts on cops like these are this: 1)They were the people in school who no one paid attention to, never had girlfriends and were picked on and this is their way to feel important, but some may be ones that nobody paid attention to and never had girlfriends and were the bullys themselves and this is their way to continue they're practice because everyone else went on to have nice lives and they're still nothings.
2) Cops like this are the ones who beat on their wives or girlfriends because they like to feel dominant(everyone will do what i say or pay the price) and of course they blame it on the "stress" of their job and so nothing will happen to them and the truth be told there's atleast, atleast a hundred more stressful and more dangerous jobs than being a cop and you don't see those people acting that way or if they do they don't get away with it because of their jobs.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Not to make this personal, but I am going to be a Police Officer when I come of age.

There are contradictions with your allegations on what makes a cop.

1.) I have had girlfriends and I haven't been bullied since Elementary when most people are bullied

2.) I would never strike any woman unless they started beating me senseless, even then I would not hit them, I would restrain them.

Sorry to prove you wrong.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
tazers need to be replaced with gym memberships.
they're getting lazy, relying too much on it.
just sick.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
Cops are supposed to protect and serve, which they don't do except for themselves, no matter how wrong they are or how much evidence is against them, they'll all gather around to protect the cop and talk about how there was no wrong doing and it was justified and if we(the public) do the smallest little thing(sitting in the wrong seat at a sporting event) we get tased.

And day after day, after day, after day...you see the same garbage back on the street, doing the same crimes against, because the "cop" fudged up on paperwork, or sentence was 24 hrs, or bs like that. After trying to protect and serve, a call you just made...Even murderers are back out, after 5 years.

Also, it seems that cops act like they're in some brotherhood that's above the law and are never to tell on each other, lie for each other to stay out of trouble no matter how bad it may effect someone else. Cops are less like a protection agency and more like a street gang.

There has to be a brotherhood of sorts. They are on the paramilitary scale. These people save and protect lives, yours and mine, each others. Having to rely on them is key. Look at the American soldiers fighting a war for your freedoms...but then look at the crap that happened at gitmo...
These are people, with people problems...so the twisted few do stand out.

Finally, my thoughts on cops like these are this: 1)They were the people in school who no one paid attention to, never had girlfriends and were picked on and this is their way to feel important, but some may be ones that nobody paid attention to and never had girlfriends and were the bullys themselves and this is their way to continue they're practice because everyone else went on to have nice lives and they're still nothings.

This is a garbage description. But, yet they protect you, when you cry for them. They don't even know you. You could be worse than that description, and they will still come to save your life, if you need it. That's a pretty noble thing for a "nothing"

2) Cops like this are the ones who beat on their wives or girlfriends because they like to feel dominant(everyone will do what i say or pay the price) and of course they blame it on the "stress" of their job and so nothing will happen to them and the truth be told there's atleast, atleast a hundred more stressful and more dangerous jobs than being a cop and you don't see those people acting that way or if they do they don't get away with it because of their jobs.

Yes, a lot of them teeter on this behavior. They screen applicants this way. To deal with the garbage that you won't, they can't be passive. You can't charge them with the job of keeping the peace, and have them say...

"please...um...could uh...everyone please...uh..be nice..."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think a better solution would be to give Darryl Strawberry a baseball bat and tell him that the guy in the seat was his ex wife.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper

Originally posted by Truth4hire

These three cops should have been mobbed and put in hospital just the same.

This is a ridiculous statement. How does that make you any better than them?
You are spreading a dangerous message, to people who will believe that it is ok ALL the time.

Until some person breaks into your house and is killing/raping your loved ones, and you make that call...911...
Hoping you get the most aggressive cops on earth, to help you and your loved ones.

Fear, fear, fear.

You are so well adjusted. I tell you what, why don't you try and break into my house and rape/kill my family?

I can assure you your body will never be found.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join