It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Old Man For Sitting In Wrong Seat At Baseball Game(video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is there no such thing as mob justice anymore? I mean, if a rowdy, beer drinking, testosterone driven crowd stands by and watches this, then what in the world would give anyone hope that the cops will ever stop this brutal, inhumane practice?

Just my 2-cents

EDIT: do we know if someone complained because he was sitting in their seat? Or did he just take a vacant seat and get punished for "upgrading"?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Staff Alert

Please let's keep the personal attacks out of the conversation and stick to the topic.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by joe82

Not to make this personal, but I am going to be a Police Officer when I come of age.

There are contradictions with your allegations on what makes a cop.

1.) I have had girlfriends and I haven't been bullied since Elementary when most people are bullied

2.) I would never strike any woman unless they started beating me senseless, even then I would not hit them, I would restrain them.

Sorry to prove you wrong.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

No my friend you didn't prove me wrong, if you would have read my statement you would have read the key statement " cops like these", unless of course you will be like these cops, then you will have proved me wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

2.) I would never strike any woman unless they started beating me senseless, even then I would not hit them, I would restrain them.

Don't you mean you'd taze them?

That's what you'll be taught...

peace

[edit on 7-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Staff Alert

Please let's keep the personal attacks out of the conversation and stick to the topic.

My Apologies.
It seemed our blinders are both too tight. haha.
I still maintain, that this video is disgusting. From a Law enforcement standpoint and a "well adjusted" human standpoint.

More training needs to be given on escalation factors. Like someone else pointed out, this was a lazy way out.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper

Originally posted by joe82

And day after day, after day, after day...you see the same garbage back on the street, doing the same crimes against, because the "cop" fudged up on paperwork, or sentence was 24 hrs, or bs like that. After trying to protect and serve, a call you just made...Even murderers are back out, after 5 years.

I know, you're right cops are everywhere.

There has to be a brotherhood of sorts. They are on the paramilitary scale. These people save and protect lives, yours and mine, each others. Having to rely on them is key. Look at the American soldiers fighting a war for your freedoms...but then look at the crap that happened at gitmo...
These are people, with people problems...so the twisted few do stand out.

No need for me to look at the soldiers fighting the war because I was one.

This is a garbage description. But, yet they protect you, when you cry for them. They don't even know you. You could be worse than that description, and they will still come to save your life, if you need it. That's a pretty noble thing for a "nothing"

Don't know about you but I've never cried for the cops to protect me, why would I call people with less training than me to protect me, If I had to shoot someone then I would call them to make a report so I wouldn't be charged with murder.

Yes, a lot of them teeter on this behavior. They screen applicants this way. To deal with the garbage that you won't, they can't be passive. You can't charge them with the job of keeping the peace, and have them say...

"please...um...could uh...everyone please...uh..be nice..."
well; their screening process is terrible and I've dealt with much more and worse "garbage" than these guys(or atleast most of them) an actual opposing army and terrorist compared to giving little old ladies parking tickets and tasing anyone who doesn't snap to it, not all cops work dangerous areas. so don't say they deal with stuff I won't, I can't because I would land in jail.
and as far as saying to them "please...um...could uh...everyone please...uh..be nice..." no but how about "um uh" be professional, carry yourselves in a manner where they respect the badge not the gun.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The intoxicated and uncooperative man should not have been tazed. However, he should've listened to police.

Let this be a lesson. Don't F with the police. A lot of people in this thread are missing the point....when you resist an officer's orders, you're asking for trouble.

Oh I get it, plenty of empty seats, who cares right? He wasn't bothering anyone. He sat in the wrong area, so he had to move.

I don't see why everyone needs to be anti police here considering they kindly told the guy to move. But he didn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I understand the guy wasn't in the seat, I understand that when asked he should have moved to his seat, BUT WHAT IN THE NAME OF ZEUS' BUTTHOLE warranted the use of 20k volts of electricity on a 62 year old?!

I wonder, before the invention of tasers, what exactly would have happened in this situation? Would they have billy-clubbed him until he went limp and dragged him away? I highly doubt it...

Police brutality is at an all time unjustified high and it's painful that no one else stepped in to say something other that a few yells from a distance...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102

Police brutality is at an all time unjustified high and it's painful that no one else stepped in to say something other that a few yells from a distance...

Yeah because they actually don't wanna get tazed by men who are authorized to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Come on people, give me a break...

Does anyone think for one second you have Oakland PD Officers going around A's games asking people if they are in the correct seat? There are employees at the stadium that have that job. So obviously there were circumstances that required the police to be called to the area. This a common case of only seeing half of the video, only knowing half of the story. Did anybody notice how there was nobody around the misplaced gentleman long before the cops told people to move? Do you think that may be for a reason? Hmm...

I find it hilarious that there are those of you out there that think police officers attend a meeting at the beginning of the shift in which they're told "Okay gentleman, go out there and show the public who's boss! Make those good honest citizens know their place!"

What a joke. What would you people have done? Its not about being in the wrong seat, that isnt the half of the issue, I can promise, the police dont care who is sitting where. People at that stadium have every right to enjoy the baseball game they payed for, in the seats they payed for. When someone comes up that does not belong there and prevents the people around them from being able to enjoy themselves, there is problem. The officers obviously attempted to reason with the man, and treated him quite fairly. Had they have tried to use force to move the man, rather than a taser, things wouldve gotten out of hand. Nobody has a clue what it takes to do the job those officers do everyday, especially in a city like Oakland.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No need for me to look at the soldiers fighting the war because I was one.

For your being a soldier I respect you, your ability to go and fight for your freedoms etc. I really have a high regard for soldiers.

Don't know about you but I've never cried for the cops to protect me, why would I call people with less training than me to protect me, If I had to shoot someone then I would call them to make a report so I wouldn't be charged with murder.

Well, regardless of your training, you are still expected to reintegrate back into society, no? They are charged with enforcing the laws on the homeland, even if a lot of them are less efficient than you. haha.
But you do see how easy it would be to behave that way.

their screening process is terrible and I've dealt with much more and worse "garbage" than these guys(or atleast most of them) an actual opposing army and terrorist compared to giving little old ladies parking tickets and tasing anyone who doesn't snap to it, not all cops work dangerous areas. so don't say they deal with stuff I won't, I can't because I would land in jail.
and as far as saying to them "please...um...could uh...everyone please...uh..be nice..." no but how about "um uh" be professional, carry yourselves in a manner where they respect the badge not the gun.

Absolutely agree with your last sentence.

I'm not disagreeing with your original post. Some of the things you said later, confused me in regards to your maturity, with your previous judgments of what makes up a Law enforcement official. haha. It seemed angry and childish.

I also disagree that an opposing army is "garbage". Comparing military personnel of opposing countries during a war, to the filth of and rot of our own society is like comparing the fresh foods of different countries, with poo. Or something. Sure, other military ideals may be skewed from our own belief's, but they are trained, disciplined people fighting for a cause.

Filth is filth, in any country.

I respect what you say, and no not all cops work in dangerous areas, but when you were on tour, you knew your enemy, for the most part. Pretty much anyone who wasn't American, was a potential enemy. Yes, Cops are handing out parking tickets, but their own American citizens can be their deadly enemy, WITHOUT provocation.

I'm not trying to downplay your experiences, I'm just pointing out to those who don't have either, that cops jobs are dirty too. It's not excusing the videos behavior, at all. Sometimes people just speak without thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

You said :
There are , what, 47,000 Police Officers in the country? And since you see a video of a handful of cops 'acting beyond their right of power' you believe the entire system is corrupt.

I think I will use an analogy used in this very topic in a previous post..what was it..oh right, monkeys.

Give a monkey any intelligence at all and he thinks he knows more than the next monkey.

Granted, there are some instances where SOME cops act unlawfully, but keep in mind that it only takes ONE cop to act aggressively toward someone until every cop on the scene jumps in to support their comrade. It doesn't mean they are all corrupt, it means that one is corrupt and the rest are just there to support a situation before an officer gets hurt.

Protect your own.

Monkeys, sheep, cattle ... morons ... retards ... take your pick - I was doing my best to be complimentary ...

You said :
There are , what, 47,000 Police Officers in the country? And since you see a video of a handful of cops 'acting beyond their right of power' you believe the entire system is corrupt.

US to hire 4,600 police as part of economic recovery plan

Jul 28 08:06 PM US/Eastern

More than 4,600 new police officers are to be hired across the United States at a cost of one billion dollars as part of the country's economic stimulus plan, administration officials said Tuesday.

The grants will be awarded to some 1,046 law enforcement agencies in all 50 states and will provide the full salary and benefits for 4,699 officers for three years, according to a Justice Department statement.

Source : Brietbart

What this MSM article and scores of others like it are not talking about is that most of these new hires will be Iraqi veterans, battle hardened by deployments in places like Faluja, etc ...

IMHO, the American people are more than capable of taking care of themselves !

What we really need is less police, not more !!

[edit on 7-8-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
3 fully armed goons against one senior citzen.... Solution... Tazer.

Street justice.... Hold those 3 gorillas down and tazer them and then we all can live happily ever after!

I just want to punch each of them in the face right now... Damn.

Guys, this stuff isn't educating us to be passive or scared. If your like me, it's just pissing you off even more.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

That should solve this problem, violence. Yeah, that solves everything.

Just beat down the aggressor harder. It always works out in the end.

Good luck punching an Officer in the face.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well in all fairness nothing else works. Courts don't work, media wont work. What else is left then?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

That should solve this problem, violence. Yeah, that solves everything.

Just beat down the aggressor harder. It always works out in the ned.

Good luck punching an Officer in the face.

Thanks for the luck wish! Let us hope your granddad isn't next! Hugs and kisses to the cops that test your patience in such a family circumstance.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BFFritz
Had they have tried to use force to move the man,

They did use force, Taser can be a lethal force, especially on elderly person.

Originally posted by BFFritz
rather than a taser, things wouldve gotten out of hand.

Things did get out hand, did you not see the video? There was some pushing, screaming and tasering! Now had they been trained in crisis intervention/de-escalation or in incorporating joint manipulations, this event would not have gotten out of hand and posted on youtube.

Oh yeah! NOTICE: That these cops are over weight!!!! A sure sign these cops are fat and lazy, no wonder they use the Taser.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by imitator]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I think a better solution would be to give Darryl Strawberry a baseball bat and tell him that the guy in the seat was his ex wife.

ew.

speechless. (but vocal enough to TELL you that I'm speechless. )

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join