It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Old Man For Sitting In Wrong Seat At Baseball Game(video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BFFritz

The individual was drunk and dissorderly

Why ?

Because he wouldn't lick the gestapo's boots ?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seriously, the more you reference the Geheime Staatspolizei in this situation, the more and more you look ignorant.

Stop it with the baseless allegations on the correlation between the two.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

We dont know why. The videotape was not rolling before the cops showed up.

So thats the question you SHOULD have been asking BEFORE you decide the officers were out of line.

I'm standing up for the officers because we dont have all the necessary information.
If truth comes out that the officers were picking on some poor old man SIMPLY because he chose to sit where he was not supposed to, than the officers will be punished and deal with the consequences that will be determined and that they will deserve.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
Seriously, the more you reference the Geheime Staatspolizei in this situation, the more and more you look ignorant.

I don't think ATS member visible_villain's allegations towards the actions of these goons are baseless. And I agree with him 100% Perhaps it is you who needs to revise his timid stance as we all know the cops sure as hell aren't timid in these kind of situations now. .

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

well the reason garbage was in that sentence, which if you noticed had quotes around it, was because that's what someone posted to refer to people here in america so I was responding in that way.
As far as my statements seeming childish, I'm sorry, I'm fed up with cops who act like they can do anything and get away with it, the statement you have in question wasn't me joking, I was serious.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Found this: Link to story

Excerpt:

One alleged witness left the following account:
"I was sitting about 5 rows in front of him and he was actually a Texas fan and he kept yelling obnoxiously. The usher who had been very nice went over and made a joke. And dude flipped out screaming and swearing saying get outta my fing face and calling him the n word. They called security and he was still screaming and swearing. So the police came and while they were trying to put handcuffs on him he kept trying to swing at them. So they tasered him and he fell and hit his head."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganizedChaos
Found this: Link to story

Excerpt:

One alleged witness left the following account:
"I was sitting about 5 rows in front of him and he was actually a Texas fan and he kept yelling obnoxiously. The usher who had been very nice went over and made a joke. And dude flipped out screaming and swearing saying get outta my fing face and calling him the n word. They called security and he was still screaming and swearing. So the police came and while they were trying to put handcuffs on him he kept trying to swing at them. So they tasered him and he fell and hit his head."

But 3 armed cops against one drunk senior citizen have to resort to tazering? If you can't manhandle a senior citizen with 3 to one odds then you need to think about getting a job at the diet frozen yogurt bar.

Tazering should not have been an option.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The overweight cop joke went dry back in the 90's.

Come up with something new.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Not being familiar with the term, I had to look it up -

Geheime Staatspolizei

The Gestapo (contraction of Geheime Staatspolizei: "Secret State Police") was the official secret police of Nazi Germany. Under the overall administration of the Schutzstaffel (SS), it was administered by the Reichssicherheitshauptamt (RSHA) ("Reich Main Security Office") and was considered a sister organization of the Sicherheitsdienst (SD) ("security service") and also a suboffice of the Sicherheitspolizei (SIPO) ("security police").

Source : Wikipedia

You're right. My apologies for the sloppy scholarship.

Actually the gestapo were not involved with such mundane activities as beating down citizens at ball games.

They were involved with more 'important' activities such as -

Gary Webb

Gary Webb (August 31, 1955 – December 10, 2004) was a prize-winning American investigative journalist.

Webb was best known for his 1996 "Dark Alliance" series of articles written for the San Jose Mercury News and later published as a book. In the three-part series, Webb investigated Nicaraguans linked to the CIA-backed Contras who had allegedly smuggled coc aine into the U.S. which was then distributed as crack coc aine into Los Angeles and funneled profits to the Contras. Webb also alleged that this influx of Nicaraguan supplied coc aine sparked and significantly fueled the widespread crack epidemic that swept through urban areas. According to Webb, the CIA was aware of the coc aine transactions and the large shipments of drugs into the U.S. by the Contra personnel and directly aided drug dealers to raise money for the Contras.

Webb's reporting generated a large controversy and the Mercury News backed away from the story, effectively ending Webb's career as a mainstream media journalist. In 2004, Webb was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head, which the coroner's office judged a suicide.

Source : Wikipedia

Thanks for the correction. You rock, dude !

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

I always treat cops with respect and 99% of the time I get nothing but a smart mouthed belittling tone back.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganizedChaos

The reality to police brutality claims are often like this. Someone with a seperate agenda comes along and films just a peice of it that makes the cops look like some monsters.

To people who think the cops are out of line... I'd love to watch you walk up to that guy that is obviously out of hand, and attempt to remove him.. Oh, and do it nice and gentle, heaven forbid you have to get rough with people every once in a while..

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BFFritz

I have no problem with the cops getting rough with someone in a situation like this.

My problem comes with electrocuting someone with 50K Volts.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The overweight cop joke went dry back in the 90's.

Come up with something new.

Ok, how about a exercise and diet program for the overweight cops that need to resort to Tazers in order to force their will!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BFFritz

Lets just start with being drunk and disorderly. The last time I checked they serve alcohol at every stadium in America. So if you don't want fans to get drunk and /or disorderly, I suggest they stop serving alcoholic beverages. But thats another topic. Drunk and disorderly most cops drink heavily and thats a fact...dont see them getting tased when they get out of line...and one other thing how disorderly can one be when there seated?... over half the people in that stadium could be described as drunk and disorderly...hmmm...but they were sitting in the right seat.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey, that's what he gets for sitting in my seat. Old people, jeez they think they can get away with anything.

I can't wait for Obamacare to go into practice, with no real end of life medicine, maybe old people like this will no longer be a problem.

But in all seriousness, using the tazer as a pain-compliance device goes against the reason for having it. A tazer should be used when you need to defend your person, or prevent harm to other people. Never for compliance in my opinion.

One day, not far from now, like others have said...the crowd will not be so lethargic and take actions in their own hands. I carry a tazer and I am NOT afraid to use it in a situation like this (although, I would need 3 to be effective in this case, lol) I would absolutely tazer a law enforcement officer if I though they were endangering someone's life like this. Remember, tazersd are LESS-THAN-LETHAL and not 100% safe. Plenty of people have died form being tazered (granted, due to other complications, but how did the cops know at the time?). A Tazer should be used IN THE PLACE OF A BULLET only when necessary and with the same amount of discretion.

I can't wait to tazer my first cop.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You saw the video but missed the worse one the 14 year old girl ,she got tazzered and the cops tazer went so deep in her head she had 14 stitches,

Look Under the first video, a woman who got tazered in an audience, straight after this video there is the 14 year old , UNBELIEVABLE

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BFFritz
reply to post by OrganizedChaos

The reality to police brutality claims are often like this. Someone with a seperate agenda comes along and films just a peice of it that makes the cops look like some monsters.

To people who think the cops are out of line... I'd love to watch you walk up to that guy that is obviously out of hand, and attempt to remove him.. Oh, and do it nice and gentle, heaven forbid you have to get rough with people every once in a while..

I'm certainly not saying that he shouldn't have been walked out with or without his permission. What I'm saying as well as most folks here is that 50,000volts was excessive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 6 feet tall and 200 pounds of well toned muscle. I would have been up to the challenge of removing him. Especially if I had 2 other men with me. But to sneak up like a fear biting dog and zap him from behind is not behavior befitting to a peace officer!

Hell, I probably would have talked him into drinking a beer with me at the concession stand, which would have evolved into another beer at my squad car. Then I would have let one of my buddies drive him to the detox station as I rode passenger because with 2 beers I would have been legally drunk by today's Godforsaken DWI standards.

Then, once the shift is over I'm 2 beers ahead of all of my buddies at the bar as we laugh about the old geezer we fooled into leaving without having to lift anything besides a 12oz Amstel Light (I have my standards folks
).

[edit on 7-8-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

Being drunk is not being dissorderly. Real men that drink can handle the alcohol enough to where that does not become an issue. Hundreds of people are drinking at that game, but he is the only one taking swings at cops and verbally assualting the ushers.

If I take a swing at a cop, I EXPECT to get tazered. And its what I get for being a fool.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I love when Moderators of ATS get over sensitive.

anywho,

the cops were doing their job. If the intoxicated a-hole would actually cooperate and leave like he was ordered to, things may have played out differently.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I love when Moderators of ATS get over sensitive.

anywho,

the cops were doing their job. If the intoxicated a-hole would actually cooperate and leave like he was ordered to, things may have played out differently.

Exactly.

Star for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join