It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA and Mossad paying $1,000 to Christian converts in northern Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

CIA and Mossad paying $1,000 to Christian converts in northern Iraq

www.jpost.com

Iran's Fars news agency claimed Tuesday that the CIA and the Mossad were actively promoting Christianity in the Kurdish region of northern Iraq.

According to the report, the Americans and Israelis were offering $1,000 to any youngster willing to convert to Christianity.

The news agency further claimed that several Christian organizations had translated the Bible into Kurdish and were distributing them to young Kurds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't know how reliable the source is, but if anyone has any additional info on this that would be great to add it to the thread.

I wouldn't be that surprised if this was true
The iraq war is plenty of things, and converting iraqis to christianity is very possible and usually follow colonialism, which is what part of the Iraq war was all about.

I'm sure everyone can agree with that

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
MOSSAD converting people to Christianity - I would doubt that very much, perhaps Judaism but even then I find this a strange one. MOSSAD wouldn't trust any converts anyway, always be thinking they were double agents I would have thought.

The CIA I could believe or more likely Satanism

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well, that is something, Christians on the rise, why would they want more christians when christianity it self is under constant attack by most institutions on earth ??

Increasing the number of people they can kill ??

Religion is enemy nr.1 to so many people, and now this recruitment .. Makes no sense, Unless, Some Thing's coming !!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Well, that is something, Christians on the rise, why would they want more christians when christianity it self is under constant attack by most institutions on earth ??

Christianity always under attack?

when did this happen?

I'm pretty sure it's Islam that's always under attack bro
I have no clue what you are talking about

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Just a few thoughts.

I know that there are those that question the reliablity of the jpost.

That beings said - the Kurds and the rest of Iraq have a long and troubled history.

I was just reading the following article...

Reform party makes gains among Iraq Kurds

If the jpost story is true I think these few paragraphs from the article I linked are key.

The Kurds have been locked in a dispute with Baghdad over control of oil resources and a faultline of contested territory in northern Iraq, particularly the flashpoint city of Kirkuk. The disagreements have stalled a national oil law considered vital to encourage foreign investment. U.S. officials have warned that Arab-Kurdish tensions could erupt into a new front in the Iraq conflict and jeopardize security gains elsewhere.

Separatist sentiment is high in Kurdistan, which gained autonomy after rising up against former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in 1991. The region was protected from his forces by a U.S.-British no-fly zone until Saddam's fall in 2003.

Kurdish leaders say they are committed to staying in a unified Iraq, particularly since an independence push could alienate neighboring Iran, Syria and Turkey, which have their own Kurdish minorities. But Iraqi Kurdish politicians must answer to the strong nationalist sentiment among Kurds in the disputes.

So there are many tensions and oil is key (as usual).

The only thing I could think of that conversion of the Kurds would bring about is more destabilization in Iraq and the surrounding countries.

Of course, if this story is true that may be the goal of the conversion.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Why wouldn't the CIA convert them to Christians and the Mossad convert them to Judaism?

Why would israel pay to convert Muslims to Christianity?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i can`t see mossad offering money to convert to christianity - not after the recent attacks in israel on christians.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Why wouldn't the CIA convert them to Christians and the Mossad convert them to Judaism?

Why would israel pay to convert Muslims to Christianity?

I wondered that myself - so I did a little digging.

I came up with two main answers - history, current situation and money.

History first. I wasn't aware of it, but evidently the Kurdish people do have some history of Christianity going back to the 5th century. See link below. You may have to go to page 163 after you get there.

Google Books - The Kurds - By Mehrdad Izady - page 163

So, there is some history of Kurdish Christianity. There are also some current Krudish Christians throughout Europe and even in Iraq.

In addtion, within Iraq many of Iraq's Assyrian Christians have fled to Kurdish lands. So an existing population of Christians exists there.

Iraq's Assyrian Christians find temporary home in Kurdistan

In addtion, there appears to have already existed some form of orgainization and financing among them.

Kurd-Arab Conflict Intensifies in Iraq

..and this is where the money comes in to play in this quote from article linked above about one Christian town in the Kurdish area.

Qaraqosh is consumed in a claustrophobic conflict over space and borders, a grinding attempt to lay claim -- politically, psychologically and socially -- to everything from the authority of the police to the rebuilding of a church.

The native language of the deputy police chief is Kurdish. So is his loyalty, critics say. His boss speaks Arabic. Members of the city council pledge loyalty to Gov. Nujaifi's Arab-dominated government in Mosul, which provides Qaraqosh meager water and electricity. More generous is the money that has poured in from a benefactor, Sarkis Aghajan, a wealthy Christian who once served as Kurdish finance minister. Credited to him are buses for students, renovations of orphanages and monasteries, and even generators for electricity. Officials say he is behind the militia, too, which numbers 1,200 fighters in Qaraqosh and two other Christian towns.

Now Christianity instead of Judaism makes sense if they are trying to encourage conversion - and through conversion encourage further destabilization. There is some Kurdish history of Christianity as well as an existing population base that could be expanded.

If true, and if further destabilization is the goal, this would certainly be a way to accomplish it.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Frogs]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sounds like propaganda bull from the Iranians.

Neither the CIA nor Mossad has much to gain from such a policy, and the US would be in deep political hot water in the region if the CIA pursued such a policy, which would be nearly impossible to keep secret.

Remember, all sides play their propaganda games, not just the US, but Iran too...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Actually we've already seen the military trynig to promote christianity in Afghanistan

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On an individual level, sure, you will have soldiers that think it is their religious duty to proselytize. Even if they're violating their orders by doing so.

An organized campaign by intel agencies is a different matter.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One, since the sourse is Iran, it is to be full questioned for accuracy.

that sais, I seem to remember, in Iraq, in Gaza? and other Muslium populations, they were being "PAID" to breed"

The idea being that they could over breed and over whelm Isreal.

If that is ok, then what is wrong with this.

No one is pointing a gun to these peoples heads.

They can choose to convert and get money or not.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

No one is pointing a gun to these peoples heads.

They can choose to convert and get money or not.

Well of course they're going to convert, or just lie about it to get the money. I'm sure loads of people would do it for $1000. I don't know how accurate this is but I'm shocked if it's true.

However, if they want to come down my way I'll happily convert for $1000. Just don't ever expect to see me in a church or holding a bible.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
lol

it's interesting to see people say there's nothing wrong with this when it's their money that is being given.

Wouldn't you call this a huge missapropriation of funds?

As if they had budgeting meetings for a christianity conversion fund or something.

This is YOUR money

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

One, it's just not that much money in the grand scheme of things.

Two, "if" you live in the US and don't like how the money is spent, write your Presidenr, sentors/represenitives and tell them you are unhappy and you want it to stop.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Star, and flag for a disgusting topic, but it needs to see the light of day, and what imperialism is all about. Hey, lets not forget about all that depleted uranium real estate available now

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Of course, if it is for real, it is an absurd waste of money.

The US .gov has no business promoting a particular religion.

I just doubt it's for real.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

Reporting from Gojra, Pakistan -- Ethel Khurshid Gil gingerly held out the charred Bible she pulled from the rubble of her home, using a swatch of cellophane to keep the scorched pages from scattering in the hot wind. "Look how they've destroyed our Bibles!" the 47-year-old Christian Pakistani cried out.

Not far away, charred wood and broken dishes crunched underfoot as Umair Akhlas stepped through his house to point out the blackened bedroom where he and his relatives hid from the mob that firebombed the building, shouting "Burn them alive!"

Akhlas and several relatives escaped. But six, including two children, couldn't breach the flames and died in that room.

"They were screaming Christians are dogs, that we're American agents," Akhlas said. "They look for any reason to do something against Christians."

Pakistan has had its hands full waging war against a Taliban insurgency. Now another troubling crisis simmers. Last week, riots broke out in Gojra, a city of 150,000 in the eastern province of Punjab, after accusations surfaced that Christians at a wedding ceremony had desecrated a copy of the holy Koran.

What the Muslims are doing against Christians is entirely justified. As well as attacks on Christians in Iraq since this shows that the CIA is backing and converting people to Christianity which is a threat to their religion. The burning of the Koran by Christians just makes me puke.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wonder just how many of these people that recieved the $1000 actually converted!

I'll betcha it's below 50%.

Yeah sure, I'll convert! (Holds out hand, receives $1000, laughs and walks away shaking head muttering, "Silly Americans" to self )

Pretty sure that is what's happening most of the time!

<<   2 >>

join