It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube Pulls Hundreds Of Ron Paul Videos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Just because C-Span says their stuff can be used by everyone doesn't mean that youtube was aware of this. As the article you posted stated... they are on a "zealous copyright crusade"...

As for the title... I don't care who wrote the title or why it's being used, it's still over sensational because it's not Ron Paul focused, there were hundreds of videos of hundreds of people who had videos pulled.

That's all..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I'm not sure, about which videos have been pulled for Ron Paul, his channel is still up there and the relevant videos of his about Audit the Fed and him questioning Bernake are still up, so the Ron Paul part might be a little sensationalist and might have legitimate reasons to be taken down.

So as far as the Ron Paul issue goes that is going to need more explanation of what videos were specifically taken down.

I'm not a Ron Paul junkie so I really don't know what to search for.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I find it rather hard to believe that someone involved in the removal of the videos (assuming it was for copyright reasons) couldn't do a simple Google search to find the copyright information on C-Span videos. It took me all of 2 minutes to track it down. Furthermore, there are C-Span videos that weren't removed and are still available to view. This situation doesn't add up to me, but if it makes sense to you, fine.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree, we need more information on which videos were removed. If we can find out the "which", then maybe we can find out the "why."

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

That is what I'm thinking too.

You know I wonder if it has anything to do with Obama's "Ministry of Truth" that he set up.

Well just did a search for Ron Paul and Health Care and videos still popped up. So we definitely need to know, as you said, the which to know the why.

At this point it almost seems like Prison Planet threw in Ron Paul's name just to give the story more traction.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Apparently another account, "VotersThink", has been suspended as well:

Published
by
Michael
on August 2, 2009
in ~CSJ
. Tags: cspanjunkie cspan junkie youtube account closed suspend.

August 01, 2009
YES! Youtube has suspended my CSPANJunkie & VotersThink accounts

I told You this was coming!
I will be making an attempt to get the 6400 videos now not available back online.
I’m afraid that’s probably not very likely.
The new Youtube account is… www.youtube.com...
source

I assume the person writing the above was involved with the two accounts, because he's trying to get the videos that were deleted back online. Does anyone know what was on the VotersThink account?

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's entirely possible that maybe he violated youtube T&C some other way that's not related to his Ron Paul videos. While I do like the fact that Alex Jones and his stafff bring stuff up that other media won't touch, he can be sensationalistic, at the same time he's usually that way with martial law type stuff than some youtube videos being pulled. It is an interesting mystery.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

It is an interesting mystery.

That it is. I sincerely hope that there's nothing nefarious going on here, but these days, I don't consider it safe to rule out the possibility of underhandedness until all the facts are gathered.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hi - although I'm from the UK I follow what RP says with great interest, this kind of blunt censorship on the internet community will invariably have the opposite effect to the initial intent and only draw greater attention to the 'whats and whys' of this action - does anyone feel like taking the initiative and contacting Dr Paul's office or your local politician and making him/them aware of this?

I imagine his involvement and potential embarrassment for Youtube might get things corrected a little sooner.

Interesting....

Berth

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't think they are censoring anything. There are hundreds of duplicate video's that just take up to much space . No need to be paranoid about cleaning things up a bit.

Seriously is there a point to having a single video duplicated hundreds of times.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Samblack]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Youtube can show people being killed in road accidents and shoot outs but as soon as someone starts speaking common sense they pull the videos?

Hmmm , sounds like someones not happy at the people finding out the truth, Maybe its time for someone to start a video playback website like youtube but with the right priorities?.

[edit on 6/8/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
You know I wonder if it has anything to do with Obama's "Ministry of Truth" that he set up.

Well, interestingly, Youtube is owned by Google, and the CEO of Google is a man called Eric Schmidt, and according to Wikipedia:

Schmidt was an informal advisor to the Barack Obama presidential campaign and began campaigning the week of October 19, 2008, on behalf of the candidate. [22] He has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the new Chief Technology Officer position which Obama has promised to create in his administration. [23]

In announcing his endorsement for Obama, Schmidt jokingly said that with his $1.00 salary, he would be getting a tax cut. [24]

Eric E. Schmidt was a member of President Obama's transition advisory board. He proposed that the easiest way to solve all of the United States' problems at once, at least in domestic policy, is by a stimulus program that rewards renewable energy and, over time, attempts to replace fossil fuels with renewable energy [25].

I'm not a follower of Ron Paul, but has he been saying anything to do with any of the above, lately?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Sargon of Akkad]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
I don't think they are censoring anything. There are hundreds of duplicate video's that just take up to much space . No need to be paranoid about cleaning things up a bit.

Seriously is there a point to having a single video duplicated hundreds of times.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Samblack]

^This, yeah there are hundreds of duplicate videos taking up bandwith, youtube mod team can do a same name search on the videos and instantly delete anything with the same hash

On a different note, apparentally my friend who works as a yt mod, said that alex jones channel had had so many site views because it had been accessed millions of times from the same IP address(so yeah...)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Hmmm , sounds like someones not happy at the people finding out the truth

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, however we can't confirm it just yet. I'm going to keep scouring the net to find out exactly what videos were removed. Once we have that piece of the puzzle, I think we can answer the 'why' part of the question.

Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars and flags.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well here's another one that will be pulled very shortly

This is very concerning!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd love to see what excuse they used. Anyone in contact with youtube? This is rather stupid from them imho.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Autowrench:

I just went there and typed in Ron Paul....
“Ron Paul” results 1 - 20 of about 319,000
www.youtube.com...
That's a lot of videos for this to be true, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
YES! Youtube has suspended CSPANJunkie & VotersThink accounts!

August 01, 2009
YES! Youtube has suspended my CSPANJunkie & VotersThink accounts

I told You this was coming!
I will be making an attempt to get the 6400 videos now not available back online.
I’m afraid that’s probably not very likely.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Samblack

Usually they don't just eliminate a whole users uploads. There's more to it than it looks like on the outside. Anybody can send a DMCA takedown notice, and YouTube has to take down the materials immediately. No proof of ownership is needed. The person who's stuff has been taken down can file a counter notice to get the stuff back up. Someone out there went through a whole lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm also not a RP supporter but I don't like the idea of censorship.
I'm just going to throw this out there, and it's not meant in any way to be a neg against Senator Paul.
Do you think it's possible he had them pulled because he wanted his videos on his channel only? I know it's extremely unlikely, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join