It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube Pulls Hundreds Of Ron Paul Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You Tube Pulls Hundreds Of Ron Paul Videos

www.infowars.com

You Tube has expanded its zealous copyright crusade by suspending the popular C-Span Junkie user channel, and in doing so has pulled hundreds of viral Ron Paul videos, which are now completely dead.

The C-Span Junkie user channel, a non-partisan archive of short clips taken from C-Span broadcasts of events in the Congress and the Senate, has been the home of the vast majority of You Tube videos you have seen of Bernanke, Geithner, Paulson and others being confronted in Congress, as well as Ron Paul’s speeches on the House floor. A total of more than 6400 videos in all have been pulled, hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This can't be good. Is Dr. Paul getting a little too much publicity for TPTB's taste? Is there any other reasonable explanation for why videos featuring him would be pulled en masse? I think it's time to follow the money on this one. Who owns YouTube and would wish to curtail Ron Paul's presence on the internet? Or am I just being paranoid?

TA

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If any of this is true, then we have a problem...

Hope someone will get to the bottom of this. Ron Paul has the right to speak out, and be heard.

Star and Flag.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This isn't right, all the video footage from CSPAN is under the creative commons license which means that it is all in the public domain. I don't see how CSPAN Junkie is in violation of copyrights. Maybe their logo at the bottom of the news clips they posted?

Interesting, something doesn't smell right about this.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

I'm looking for confirmation on this, all I've found so far is the PrisonPlanet article.

If any of this is true, then we have a problem...

Agreed.

Thanks for the S&F.

TA

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"Who owns YouTube and would wish to curtail Ron Paul's presence on the internet?"

They're owned by the company whose motto is or, should I say was, "don't be evil". Plenty of other much better video sites out there than YT, who is more interested in playing politics than anything else.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'd like to know more, and while I don't personally care for Ron Paul, this sort of instant censorship bothers me.

I'm seriously wondering who or what made them pull the plug.

M.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

C-SPAN COPYRIGHT POLICY

C-SPAN holds the exclusive copyright in the video of all the public affairs programming it produces.

Although C-SPAN is the only news media organization that regularly televises the legislative proceedings of the U.S. House and U.S. Senate, it does not hold a copyright in that video coverage. That government-produced video is in the public domain which means that it belongs to the American people and may be used without restrictions of any kind.

As part of its mission to make the activities of the federal government more broadly available, C-SPAN has established a copyright policy that allows the public to use C-SPAN's video coverage of federal government events for their own purposes. Those who want to use C-SPAN copyrighted video will be able to do so without concern about further copyright restrictions as long as they adhere to the following policy:
C-Span.org

Something is definitely not right here.

TA

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I agree, somebody better have a damn good explination for this and it had better come real soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is most disturbing if they're trying to censor Dr. Paul, he must be making them nervous. I wonder if it has anything to do with his son Rand Paul announcing he's going to run for the Senate in KY and how HR1207 is gaining momentum and is becoming a MSM topic. I sure hope he stays safe.

This one is still up and it's one of my favorite Ron Paul videos.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

I wonder if it has anything to do with his son Rand Paul announcing he's going to run for the Senate

Good question, it would certainly make sense. I do believe that "they" are beginning to notice the momentum that Dr. Paul has gained, and they are probably shaking in their boots. If that's the case, this is an absolutely cowardly move.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's definately cowardly. I think in a time when more and more Americans are getting genuinely angry at the direction our country is heading, the powers that be are afraid that people like Ron Paul will actually be listened to with an open mind than just a "I hear what he's saying, but he's a kook". I think these town hall meetings may have spooked TPTB more than what we think.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I just did a quick search and saw that cspanjunkie is indeed gone, but when I searched Ron Paul there were still 319,000 results for that, so I don't know what is going on.

Let's see if they come out with an explanation for this.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow-it's true.I just went to cspanjunkie.org and the site owner confirmed it. 6400 videos gone. This is outrageous. I never thought they would do something like this. Unacceptable. But what are we going to do about it? Are we going to just talk about it here, or are we going to e-mail Google and demand the account be restored?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
He's a fraud, He's a shill

Why wont anybody listen?

I kind of feel like a normal conspiracy theorist talking to the average joe about what is really going on. Instead, I am someone who knows what the controlled opposition is and is spreading the truth.

Alex Jones is a Fraud

Ron Paul is a Fraud

The Creator of Zeitgeist is a Fraud

Half truths mixed with untruths are the best forms of lying.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

reply to post by 1 4M 7H3 1

Thank you both for confirming this. I've been looking all over youtube but wasn't really sure what I was looking for because I rarely go there.

Since not all of his videos were pulled, I'm wondering now if this move was aimed at removing videos on one or more particular subjects. Did the c-span junkie videos focus on any particular area of politics or was it just general topics?

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Whether any of that is true or not is beside the point. The point is that Youtube appears to be censoring its content and we are all wondering why that might be.

TA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Wow... what a sensationalist title...

You might as well say that Arlen Spectre has had 100's of videos pulled as well... or Timothy Geithner or Heck anyone who is regularly on c-span

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Whether any of that is true or not is beside the point. The point is that Youtube appears to be censoring its content and we are all wondering why that might be.

TA

They aren't censoring anything... they are removing items which are in copyright violation.

It's called the law...

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I clearly posted C-span's copyright policy above. It's not illegal for the public to use their content.

As for the title, it's the title of the article and in the 'breaking news' forum, that's the one that must be used.

TA

[edit on 6-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join