It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on bbc webcam during live broadcast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by aleon1018
Can you show that it hasn't?

The burden of proof falls on those who claim we are witnessing something extraordinary.

The BBC certainly seem to think it's something extraordinary, and I wager they have a lot more people there who know about video and artifacts than you do.

So I'd say it's up to you to prove them wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
The BBC certainly seem to think it's something extraordinary, and I wager they have a lot more people there who know about video and artifacts than you do.

Then the burden of proof falls on the BBC as well.

So I'd say it's up to you to prove them wrong.

That's not how burden of proof works.

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this." Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, either positive or negative, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the responsibility of the person who is making the bold claim to prove it. In short, X is not proven simply because "not X" cannot be proven (...)

The less reasonable a statement seems, the more proof it requires. (source)

[edit on 7-8-2009 by converge]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this."

There have been, and still are hundreds of scientific theories that remained or remain valid just because someone couldn't, or can't disprove them.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That was the softball Chuck Norris hit his first day of tee ball.

Giggity

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
There have been, and still are hundreds of scientific theories that remained or remain valid just because someone couldn't, or can't disprove them.

I'm guessing that by scientific theories you mean things like String theory. The use of the word valid doesn't really make sense.

A theory in physics is a mathematical framework. You could have a valid mathematical framework (theory) in which the equations are mathematically correct, but fails to correctly describe or explain a certain physical event or phenomenon.

Additionally, String theory is a proposed theory.

The proposed theories of physics are usually relatively new theories which deal with the study of physics which include scientific approaches, means for determining the validity of models and new types of reasoning used to arrive at the theory. However, some proposed theories include theories that have been around for decades and have eluded methods of discovery and testing. Proposed theories can include fringe theories in the process of becoming established (and, sometimes, gaining wider acceptance). Proposed theories usually have not been tested. (source)

The concept of burden of proof still applies as previously described. It's the responsibility of the people making new claims, proposing new theories, to prove it.

Not disproving a theory doesn't necessarily make one 'valid'. And this is obviously true for theories which have not even been tentatively proven.

I would say that claiming what we are seeing on the BBC video is a "rocket blasted from some super high-tech ufo" or some other extraordinary claim, as some have suggested, falls under this category.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by converge]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

so to me it seems like some rocket blasted from some super high-tech ufo.... the way it shoots through like that..........

What?? It's nice to have an open mind, but really, aren't you overdoing it?

It was all i had left.............

I'm stumped!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by icarus78

It is a bug near the camera! You can see the ripple effect of the wings like in the Rods videos.

LOL!

It is called a beat frequency oscillation when the wing speed interferes with the video scanning speed.

Similar to how in some movies the windows on buildings seem to scintillate in multiple colors.

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Rods have been proven to be insects flying past the camera very fast at close range. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think its to fast to be a bird, birds fly and flow through the air.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Or it could just simply be a hoax to get people go on their website to see the video and give feedbacks and at the same time look at all the advertisments ont their website ...

And as for the video itself, if not a hoax, it can't be something that close to the camera, as if it was close you would not see it getting smaller as it fades away into the horizon. For it to be a bug going that fast it would have to be pretty close to the camera so therefor you wouldn't see it getting smaller due to perspective... You can clearly see it's moving away from the camera but still keeping it's speed up, an insect flying away into the horizon would look slower the further away it gets (considering the average speed of an insect)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think it is similar to the ufo of the Obama inauguration:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
I think it is similar to the ufo of the Obama inauguration:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry.....

That was proven to be a bird.

A very clear version of that video was posted wherein you can very clearly see the flapping of the wings.

If you do an ATS search, youd should be able to find the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewbit Wing
It is a bug near the camera! You can see the ripple effect of the wings like in the Rods videos.

I made this image by subtracting two of the frames from the video from each other leaving only the difference between the two frames. This means that all you can see in this image is the UFO:

Can you point out the ripple effect you mention because I can't see it?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
star and a flag. nice find.

the image in the video is also in those of nasa videos and pics. think it is the same thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I live in the area and so watch this news quite a bit.

Let me say that it is kicking off around here sightings are through the roof. The place is mysterious enough with secret underground areas and aircraft bases, not to mention occult site. I will say no more, and Iam not sure of the significance of the video.

Although I will mention this.... A few days a go an as yet unidentified object blasted through the house of a local old man as though a meterorite. Then the RAF came and took it away for "testing".

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Or it could just simply be a hoax to get people go on their website to see the video and give feedbacks and at the same time look at all the advertisments ont their website ...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by WeSbO]

Well, we can discount that theory, as the BBC doesn't do advertising!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
I live in the area and so watch this news quite a bit.

Let me say that it is kicking off around here sightings are through the roof. The place is mysterious enough with secret underground areas and aircraft bases, not to mention occult site. I will say no more, and Iam not sure of the significance of the video.

Although I will mention this.... A few days a go an as yet unidentified object blasted through the house of a local old man as though a meterorite. Then the RAF came and took it away for "testing".

hi,

just wondered what secret areas you're referring to?

i live in the area and dont know much of 'secret' newcastle but would be interested in finding out, and have you got a link to the story about the meteorite through the roof?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey Icarus, I was more reffering to where I live, Hull. It might seem a bit far out but its not exactly far away for a flying craft or object.

Heres the link mate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewbit Wing

Looks to me like it goes through the arch. If so, it's definatley not a bug... Or a bird or a plane. Superman, MAYbeee...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join