It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on bbc webcam during live broadcast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

not sure how to embed video, but will do screencaps if people cant view it.

i dont *think* it's a bird..

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well I cant think it is a bird although web cams can have some horrible latency to cause odd things to happen.... is it cgi or the beeb having a bit of fun? Nice spot anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by icarus78

First guess would be bird, but it seems to be flying awfully fast and have a streched out appearence, more than I would think for a bird. It also kinda reminds me of the RODs. I don't know, I would say either bird or ROD(whatever they are).

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
if you were Escamillia, you would call it a "rod", and sell DVDs.

actually, it probably is a "rod" in the sense that it is an insect causing motion blur as it flies past a video camera.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That is pretty interesting actually.

The guy seems very patronizing though, almost like he's taking the piss a bit?

Or perhaps this is just the way the media treat this sort of thing...and we KNOW it is

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow.
This is interesting.

Three words...
Star and flag

Hmm......

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I say bird.

The motion capture on some web cams are horrible. So it would give a stretched out blurry appearance. It only seems fast becuase its flying from almost behind the camera forward. If they were truly serious about having people give their opinions about what it is then they would have posted the original video on their web page for better analysis.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think it looks interesting whatever it turned outs to be. I`ve just watched it about ten times and will probably be having another look.

Two things intrigue me. Firstly you can see the traffic in the back ground moving normally, so if there was something happening because of the type of camera being used why is the effect happening in only one direction?

Secondly it looks to me, although this is more than likely a trick of the eyes, that the object swerves twice most visibly when it gets to the second bridge. I could certainly believe there was something controlling that but will happily concede it could be a camera artefact

Great find icarus78

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea, I doubt it is even possible to get the original film or a better clip to analyze frame by frame,lol it is not even worth it anyways. It is likely a bird or insect as you said, although it does look similar to the "RODs", either way it really doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My question is what insect is that large enough to be visible on a webcam? And what insect is that bright? I don't see very many large white insects flying around often.

The bird explanation could be possible, but in my opinion it isn't a bird, it moves way too fast and has no similarities of a bird besides the fact that it flys.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would say a bird. I think the BBC is aware of this as well, they are not that stupid. Probably, just using this as an example to make fun of "ufo's."

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is not a bird, nor a UFO. You can see through it as it is flying across the screen. May be a bottle rocket. Its a plane, its a bird, or Superman letting out gas (Ch3) that can streak across the sky faster than a speeding-silver bullet shape UFO. Good day people.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It has all the 'gut feeling' of being aa bird.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's a Chinese balloon filled with swamp gas and a bird tied to it to make it go faster.

Serious, this is going too fast to be a bird. It could be a RC jet.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I know exactly what it is. You can clearly see that it is an unidentified white thing flying across the screen. What are you people blind.

Actually it looks a lot like the rod things. Those are insects though right?

That doesn't look like an insect and it appears to be flying to fast to be a bird.

My 2 cents

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ah! heck a doody I'll go with UFO...... was probably moving slower because it was "low" ..... usually when they move the regular speed it is to fast for us to see with our eyes or even catch with a camera.

Them little buggers are gettin" daring so early in the morn.

But then again it could be a BBbug or bird.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wont really matter what is it. Even if it was a UFO, that will not be proved due to the low quality of the video.

Still, my opinion is that it is to much thin to be a a bird. But again, its a webcam, so cant say for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's a birth certificate!

Actually it's hard to tell without the scale of the thing.
If it's really close to the camera then it can easily be an insect which would be my guess ...
If it's far away, then it's going too fast to be a bird imo.

Very interesting ...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

It's a birth certificate!

Prove it's authenticity!
You know it was moving too fast to be proven.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If it was a bird, then some questions remain:

why THIS bird, over any other bird that went past the webcam? Its not as if the BBC put a webcam up for the day and captured a 'UFO' on it, nor is it likely that no bird has ever flown past that screen in the months (or years) that backdrop has been used for this ident. We dont know how long this cam has been in place, either, but i wager its been a few years.

This is evidently the BBC's backdrop for their broadcast from this local station - this isnt a tiny webcam plugged into the back of a PC, either - they are probably using a remotely controlled Hi res digital camera of some kind attached to the roof of their broadcast station, dont forget - they could move it around if they want - particularly if there is something they wouldnt want you to see in the bckground (eg. a protest) or a road crash.

Im not saying it is a UFO, A bird, or whatever - as someone pointed out in another post - look at the speed and blurring in comparison to traffic and the definition of other objects in the screen.

Maybe its someone having a laugh with a an air-filled plastic rocket perhaps.

The BBC is investing in popular science programmes at the moment - 'Bang Goes the Theory' for example - dont be surprised if its a stunt for this programme or similar - not wishing to sound cynical.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by danny-arclight]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join