It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on bbc webcam during live broadcast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I couldn't believe it when I saw the video. Why? I thought the OP had linked to a news item from years ago. But the date was fine!

A quick dig in YouTube & I found the clip it reminded me of. It's so similar it's uncanny:

There's no doubt it's an unidentified flying object. The clip above does a good job of slowing things down & zooming in, and on close examination I'd suggest it might even be ducks (due to their streamlined shape & relatively short wings). Just a suggestion. But when it came to the video from the OP the smooth upward trajectory curving gently upward suggested to me something on line being pulled from somewhere.

I haven't reached any conclusions, but maybe this second video will add food for thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Smells like a hoax perpetrated by the media in order to do a survey of sorts that shows gullible people (aka - us people who try damn hard to discern these things) as fools in order to trap us into a box that they can bleat about in an inane story about conspiracy/ufo nuts.

Really does.

Catch me if you can, for UFO'ligists.

Up yours MSM!.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

It was hard to stop it at the exact moment, but it appears to me as if that screen behind him is being distorted by something from behind it, like a projection screen. I haven't finished the video yet though. I guess I should have.

Yeah, I think I know what those are now. Those are Atlantis Puddle Jumpers!

www.gateworld.net...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha & aleon1018

Some lateral thinking from both of you. I have to agree there is something fishy about this. The question is: if it's a hoax, who's doing it - the BBC or some prankster unbeknown to them?

Funny that both clips came from the BBC, don't you think?

I'm sure we'll get some expert image analysis of the clips soon enough.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As to the hoax theory, BBC is the world's most reputable News Broadcast Company in the world, and the superior executives would not think kindly of that some of their employees staged hoaxes like this. If so, I believe heads would roll,

Secondly, the first video is BBC UK, and the second video comes from BBC America, which means different crews altogether, so goodbye BBC conspiracy theory.

It could be CGI - in effect a hoax - but you forgot that FIRST you analyze the video, and if you find that the video has been tampered with, THEN you cry hoax.

That's the proper order of things, wouldn't you say?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I've noticed the odd movements of some of these craft or whatever and they remind me of worms or nightcrawlers. Somewhat like a slinky, but much quicker.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is obviously someone thumping a "booger" across the front of the camera, I'm sorry its just obvious look at the angle the booger goes in. If you thump a booger you will see that it will take flight like this at a slight 90 degree angle. If you thump it hard enough, you can get speeds just like this one is displaying, trust me I know!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry but for all this talk of rods, they have been thoroughly debunked numerous times, they were first introduced by Escamillia in the 90s and subsequently debunked. Please watch the video...

And here's a thread about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
This is obviously someone thumping a "booger" across the front of the camera, I'm sorry its just obvious look at the angle the booger goes in. If you thump a booger you will see that it will take flight like this at a slight 90 degree angle. If you thump it hard enough, you can get speeds just like this one is displaying, trust me I know!

XIM I just picked a rather big 'booger' out of my nose and flipped it in front of me. It went on a straight trajectory, stuck to the wall, and didn't at all look like anything shown in the two vids.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

I follow your train of thought, but the BBC has been caught broadcasting some odd stuff, such as reporting that the third World Trade Centre building had collapsed - while it was actually still standing in full view behind the reporter!

I'm not sure the BBC has separate crews as you suggest. I think its possible they may feed some things at different times to different audiences, but as I understand it the BBC News Channel is basically a world-wide broadcast.

So it's still a possibility someone at the BBC is up to something, with or without the knowledge of the top execs.

On the other hand it could still be something perfectly innocent like blurred ducks.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AltruisticNarcissist
I'm sorry but for all this talk of rods, they have been thoroughly debunked numerous times, they were first introduced by Escamillia in the 90s and subsequently debunked. Please watch the video...

The problem with your 'debunking' video is that it finds only one way of debunking rods, by filming insects in low light situations, where the shutter stays open long enough to create a (light) illusion of movement as an object, i e a 'rod'.

In real life, rods are filmed in full light conditions, such as the video posted by me, where camera apertures are capable of freezing high velocity movement. Still they come off as 'rods', which means that the speed of movement is very high.

Your video does not address the incredible speeds at which rods are filmed (which cannot be denied, and at which insects cannot travel), or the non-existence of insects at high altitudes and upper atmosphere.

And what about the rods that have been filmed under water?

Even if rods (or some rods) were insects, what type of fantastic insect can travel at tremendous speeds both under water and in the upper atmosphere?

The 'debunking' video could be right about the basics of movement, meaning that the (real) rods aren't really rods but simply an object of some sort that travel similarly to insects, but at speeds that make them look like rods.

In short, perhaps it got the aerodynamics right, but not the object causing it.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Where are the people you were chatting about? I don't see any on the bridge.... if you chatting about those 3 blocks in the middle of the bridge they don't move at all.... if they had a remote they would have turned when the plane went over them like most people do.... it's called a re-action!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Where are the people you were chatting about? I don't see any on the bridge.... if you chatting about those 3 blocks in the middle of the bridge they don't move at all.... if they had a remote they would have turned when the plane went over them like most people do.... it's called a re-action!!

Ok, I misjudged their size, obviously they aren't people, they're posts of some sort. The size of the object is also in question than. I suppose of we had a longer video time, we might also tell more. The speeed of the traffic on the bridge in the far distance and apparently a white truck moving from right to left. There's a couple of other white spots or objects that move the same timeas the alleged craft, bird, bug, booger..whatever.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I really don't know what it is...... it's definately there though.... no trick of the light!! It's live footage..... it's possible there is another bridge just to the left out of site and there are people there with a remote controlled plane of some kind..... i would have liked to have seen where it went after it flew through the first bridge... it seems to start to shoot upwards over the second bridge.....

Here is footage of a remote flying plane and it does 200mph:

www.break.com...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Here is footage of a remote flying plane and it does 200mph:

Impressive little gadget!

Although, at no point in this video do I have any whatsoever difficulty identifying the rf plane as a plane.

The outlines are clear, does it really fly at 200 mph?

If so, the object in the BBC vid must go even faster!

When you have a light object and a dark background, you can generally get a good definition of form, but not here.

It could be that the object is so fast that the camera simply can't get a clear picture, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Or, the object could be blurry in itself because it emits light, which drowns the contours and turns it into a ball/sphere/rod-like object.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by icarus78

No...i don't see a bird either.

Anyone mentioned Chinese lanterns yet?

Blimey...that's a first.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Yeh, it does do 200mph and i myself was impressed but like you i too questioned the outline of the object in this bbc video as there doesn't seem to be wings on it but then again it's moving at speed so it's hard to tell.....

Here's another one which does 230mph:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
I would say a bird. I think the BBC is aware of this as well, they are not that stupid. Probably, just using this as an example to make fun of "ufo's."

i think it was a bug...just the right distance from that camera to create this type of image. but...it could be anything...lack of detail makes this a non-starter

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

You are confused

Yes, THIS thread is about the BBC cam. The post I replied to asked to make a new thread about another video (the russian one).

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If you were British, you would realise that, unlike in the Amazon jungles, there are no bugs in Britain large enough to create that image. The largest British 'bug' likely to be in acity like Newcastle is the bumble bee, which is dark (not light) coloured, and perhaps the dragon fly, which has a darting movement, not a motion as long and linear as that shown by the UFO.

As an explanation, bugs are out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join