It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspects arrested in Melbourne after bomb plot uncovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Originally posted by blueorder
lol some liberal nut mentioning the crusades (which were in response to Islamic land grab and aggression ironically) as some sort of relativist argument is too funny for words

Crusades was also Christian land grab & aggression & was used as an example of Christian terrorism.

How many years ago ffs!

Yes Bush used God as justification.
Just shows how delusional the man was.
Both he and Bliar deserve prosecuting for the whole Iraq fiasco.

But no Christian denomination said it was a divine inspired conflict and the will of God.

Countless Islamic clerics support terrorist attacks.

As I said before, Christianity has progressed since the days of The Crusades etc.
Islam has regressed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I hate how people cry Islamic radicals when the word terrorist pops up. Islam shouldn't even be anywhere near the world terrorist, nor should any other group of people for that matter.

Anyone can be a terrorist.

That is just my reply to the statement below:

i don't know who the real terrorist are anymore

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

Islam is a corrupt religion. If it was started side my side with Judaism how can it be so different? The truth is... Judaism was the religion of the time and a "Reformer" changed things up... I personally think The POWERS THAT BE have decided this and have decided to get rid of the religion after all... Although Islamics are not terrorists, the Religion BREEDS them in masses and it breeds hate... Maybe its the right thing to do to crack down on the Islamic terrorists and let the others know that Killing oneself and killing others is SELFISH

If you disagree with someone, dont kill them! EDUCATE THEM.. Duh

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Maybe its the right thing to do to crack down on the Islamic terrorists and let the others know that Killing oneself and killing others is SELFISH

If you disagree with someone, dont kill them! EDUCATE THEM.. Duh

Ok, one flaw in this statement is that Islam doesn't think it's wrong or needs to be educated. Islamic theology teaches that the only path is that of Islam, those who don't convert should be killed. To try to force Western ideas upon Islam is a sin in their eyes. In Islam it is perfectly acceptable to use violence against the infidel. In Islam it's legal to lie and cheat to fool the infidel. Beheading in Islam happens to apostates and other law breakers in the 57 OIC countries. It is illegal to be a Christian in Saudi Arabia, penalty is death.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
19 properties were raided, so thats about 20 per property, so overkill, no, how many do you think should wade in, 2?

Yes, it is overkill.

The whole production was a media event - a sham.

A little hate speech on the phone does not justify over 400 police raiding nearly 20 properties before sunrise.

I'm waiting to count how many pages of today's Herald Sun paper will be devoted to this 'major operation'. The MSM will continue to ram it home, how we're vulnerable and how we were all saved from terrorist destruction.

While the threat of terrorism is real, there's probably more chance that I'll die in a car crash. At least I can fight back against terrorists, but there's not much I can do in a car crash. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fapython

Yes their hypocrisy knows no bounds. They obtain their education from the infidel pigs schools and then pass themselves off as educated freedom fighters fighting the good fight.
Then "they" wonder why we maker it harder for "them" to get in which then only makes "them" more angry and hate filled. So the cycle perpetuates itself.

I live in Melbourne, and I know this will only divide the people more and raise tensions amongst minorities - again only to fuel the anger.

I would love to whiteboard their end state / goal - because like anything else I bet its all pipe dreams and fantasy of delusional half wits which will remain unattainable.

Like any fanatic, changing their view point is impossible and they will defend their beliefs with their life..... or strap bombs to their children because they are cowards themselves.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by one_small_step]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

THE defence forces are facing calls for armed soldiers to replace unarmed civilian guards outside the country's main military bases after the arrest of four terror suspects in Melbourne allegedly planning a full-scale assault on Holsworthy army base in Sydney.

Opposition defence, science and personnel spokesman Bob Baldwin said that if the alleged plot had been carried out, it was likely civilian guards at Holsworthy would have been killed in cold blood.

"Unarmed civilian guards would have been slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered," Mr Baldwin said yesterday.

"Now is the time to be proactive. Events overnight have shown that now is the time to introduce armed defence personnel to guard our bases."

www.news.com.au...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fapython

I agree,,,,these people are sick...!!!

A lot of countries are/will be having problems with thee radical filth scum.

Here in the states we are letting to many in,,,!!!

thy hate are guts yet they cant get their filthy butt here fast enuff!!!!

glad that scum was caught!!!!

sorry if i seem cold hearted,,,i hate these radical scum!!!

huggs everyone

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Terror attack was set for "within weeks"

news.ninemsn.com.au...

A thwarted terrorist attack on a Sydney army barracks would have happened "within weeks", the head of counter terrorism with the NSW police Peter Dein believes.

About 400 police swooped on 19 properties in Melbourne's north, the inner city and southwestern Victoria in pre-dawn raids yesterday, resulting in the arrest of five men. (Watch more: Terror raids across Melbourne)

Four of them have been charged over an alleged suicide plot on the Holsworthy's army base in Sydney. (Read more: Charges laid over 'terror kill plot')

The fifth man is expected to be charged later today.

The men were well advanced in their planning and had access to domestic-type weapons, Mr Dein, a NSW assistant police commissioner, told ABC Radio today. (Watch more: Suspects questioned further)

"There's no specific date that we believed that these people would commit their overt acts, but it was probably getting to the point where it would have happened within weeks," Mr Dein said.

"It will be alleged they had access to domestic-type weapons — weapons that maybe a licensed shooter would have access to.

"There was no evidence that we had at this stage they had access to automatic weapons, but it will be alleged they were certainly planning to get access somehow." (Watch more: Holsworthy security under the microscope)

Mr Dein said the media's influence in the raids would also be investigated, after The Australian splashed the story across its front page on Tuesday.

"It brought our action forward, there's no doubt about that," he said.

Can anyone else smell something fishy? I need a gas mask its that bad!

They had access to domestic weapons, what double barrel shotguns and hunting rifles maybe some kitchen knives for sidearms.

And “Access to” they didn’t even have any firearms???????????WTF

And they think they were going to attack an army barracks, in two weeks time.

I would have paid money to see them try this with “DOMESTIC WEAPONS”. This is sooooooooooooooooooooo fabricated. What the agenda is I have no idea, but this is a farce.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
As predicted, the first seven pages of the main Melbourne newspaper (Herald Sun) were devoted to this story.

Then, there was an additional page and a half for the Editorial and Andrew Bolt's whinge section.

Even more predictably, just to remind us that we're never safe, what did the Herald Sun include with Andrew Bolt's column...???

You guessed it... a picture of the smoking Twin Towers from 9/11.

The media stunt is pathetic!!!!!!!!!

Something must be in the works for the media to whip up the public into a terrorist frenzy. Be alert for the FALSE FLAGS, Melbournians... we're more in danger of the staged crap than we are of Somali men talking up some hate speech on the phone.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

"There's no specific date that we believed that these people would commit their overt acts, but it was probably getting to the point where it would have happened within weeks," Mr Dein said.

"It will be alleged they had access to domestic-type weapons — weapons that maybe a licensed shooter would have access to.

"There was no evidence that we had at this stage they had access to automatic weapons,but it will be alleged they were certainly planning to get access somehow." (Watch more: Holsworthy security under the microscope)

Yes indeed something does seem quite fishy about this. Especially the media coverage about all of this world wide. It doesn't really sounds like these people had much planned.

THE alleged terror plot to attack an Australian army base has attracted worldwide coverage, amid accusations the arrested men have overseas links. More than 1400 online reports have covered the arrests by 400 police officers and raids on 19 homes in Melbourne and country Victoria. From China to the Middle East, the issue has been given prominent coverage in world affairs.

www.news.com.au...

This is very true..

As he was led from the court, Fattal accused Australia of killing innocent people in Afghanistan and Iraq and said "you call us terrorists - I've never killed anyone in my life".

He also said Palestinians were labelled as terrorists while Israelis forcedly took land from them.

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 5/8/09 by dallas18]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Tezza,

your dead on about something being fishy.....seriously, in Australia, unless your in a bikie gang, you wont have access to much "military grade" guns on the black market...dont care how crooked you are......

and as the saying goes "One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist", holds tru depending on what side of the fence you are on. Now dont get me wrong here, I am not supporting terrorism, I just dont beleive that all cases of it around the world are true terrorism as reported by the media.

Now, back to Melbourne.....the fact that the media has spun up a big deal about international, especially Somali links, make me think that AFRICOM will be making a big move in the coming months into Somalia, and they are going to ask Australia for our SAS for assistance...you watch, whether it is this Piracy crap story they keep bringing up or something big is going to hapopen off the coast of Somalia (False Flag) to bring the issue to the forefront in the news and public opinion so we are swayed into supporting our troops going to Africa....

mark my words, central Asia is already a hot bed of ever increasing western military activity, but we will soon also join that with an African campaign to beat the Chinese to the African Natural Resources.....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

You could be on to something, M_M.

There's got to be another reason why this so called terror incident has been blown up more than it is worth.

Obviously it's another step in softening up the minds of the public to believe the next round of BS that's going to be fed to them.

Still, others in this thread have shown how they can suspend common sense by thinking that a major terror attack was thwarted... yeah, right.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

These people come to our lands, accept our hospitality then they stab us in the back, HOW DARE THEY.

I agree 100% on that one my Friend

They want us to obey to their religions,rules,lifestyles etc etc etc, they clearly say frequently they want to rule the world and kill the "infidels" and we still have to stay like good schoolboys and "tolerate" thems because they're minorities.

And still, they accept the hospitality of the "infidels"

[edit on 4-8-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

So what are we going to do about it?
All this movement for diversity and acceptance and political correctness needs to come to an end. We must put our foot down and say "zero tolerance"!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

WASHINGTON has pointed to a foiled terror plot in Australia this week to remind the international community of the need to support efforts for stable government in Somalia.

www.news.com.au...

heh

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Do any of you find it interesting that after all the media hype that these so called "terrorists" had links with Al-Shabab, and that one of the somali's went to Somalia to train with them, Al-Shebab themselves says that they have no links with this terror plot -

Accused 5 not our members

A POWERFUL extremist group in Somalia has denied having any links to five Melbourne men accused of an alleged terror plot on an Australian military base.

A spokesman for al-Shabab said last night: "We have nothing to do with them".

Australian Federal Police say the men were linked to al-Shabab. One accused man allegedly attended a training camp in Somalia this year and engaged in conduct with al-Shabab.

Interesting dont you think....wouldnt the group want to claim responsibility to increase their notoriety?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join