It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspects arrested in Melbourne after bomb plot uncovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Probably a false-flag operation, just like Port Arthur was.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This event is BS.

The MSM reaction has been over-the-top! Clearly, the MSM has been pushing an agenda with their reporting. The incident has dominated all news services in Melbourne...

The obvious fear-mongering and blatant hype and propaganda makes me sick.

Even some 'hicks' living in 'hicksville' (Colac) were interviewed, expressing their shock that they might be living amongst 'terrorists'.

On a slightly related note... did anyone notice the front page of the Melbourne Herald-Sun yesterday? (It's the main Melbourne daily newspaper). The headline article was an emotional charge to deport a Turkish national who had been released from jail, after spending 10 years in there for murder.

There's an obvious campaign to promote fear and be wary of Middle-Eastern terrorists. I'm waiting for the Aussie False Flag event to occur. I just hope that I'm not caught up in it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Somehow it seems like it would be a bad idea to assault a barracks where the Incident Response Regiment (IRR) and the Tactical Assault Group East (TAG-E) are based. Both Counter-terrorism groups. Better yet, how they'd enter is beyond me.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
This event is BS.

This man clearly is omnipresent he has top level all seeing information about every event which may be classified as terrorist

The MSM reaction has been over-the-top! Clearly, the MSM has been pushing an agenda with their reporting. The incident has dominated all news services in Melbourne...

I would say a possible assault on an army base is quite high profile news ffs

The obvious fear-mongering and blatant hype and propaganda makes me sick.

One needs a balance, I hate the weapon of fear the modern liberal establishment uses to force control, but I must also balance that by accepting that terrorists exist

Even some 'hicks' living in 'hicksville' (Colac) were interviewed, expressing their shock that they might be living amongst 'terrorists'.

that is the height of arrogance- how is someone in Colac automatically a "hick"

On a slightly related note... did anyone notice the front page of the Melbourne Herald-Sun yesterday? (It's the main Melbourne daily newspaper). The headline article was an emotional charge to deport a Turkish national who had been released from jail, after spending 10 years in there for murder.

seems reasonable

There's an obvious campaign to promote fear and be wary of Middle-Eastern terrorists. I'm waiting for the Aussie False Flag event to occur. I just hope that I'm not caught up in it.

you probably think of yourself as an indepedent thinker but you are automatically linking things just by their very existence without even looking at them rationally.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Until the assault happens - BIG DEAL!

I never understood charges of 'conspiracy to do X'. Essentially, it's catching people for thought crimes.

Let them plan whatever they like. Monitor them and watch them if you have to but until they do something, they haven't done anything!

that is the height of arrogance- how is someone in Colac automatically a "hick"

Did you notice the quotes around my use of the word 'hicks' and 'hicksville'? Obviously not, or you would have understood why I used quotes.

you probably think of yourself as an indepedent thinker but you are automatically linking things just by their very existence without even looking at them rationally.

You don't know what I think, so don't bother putting your own incorrect spin on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I never understood charges of 'conspiracy to do X'. Essentially, it's catching people for thought crimes.

Let them plan whatever they like. Monitor them and watch them if you have to but until they do something, they haven't done anything!

And then we can go invade the countries in the basic region of which the terrorists came from. We can then justify this by claiming they had weapons of mass destruction. Infact, this has many similarities with another event(s) I'm afraid. Can you guess which event(s) this was? Do you think your theory applies to it?

Maybe it was right of us not to stop them, after all, they only did something wrong the moment they flew an airliner into a building. Simply put - you're damn right it is a crime to plan to kill people. I don't care what kind of spin is put on it, or if you consider it to be a "thought crime". It doesn't make it any less significant.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

A conspiracy to murder is "BIG DEAL"- very good- it is nothing to do with thought crimes, people may think someone should be murdered but if they start putting plans in place, procedures, methods and equipment then that is a "BIG DEAL"

well they have, they are conspiring to murder, pretty serious Iwould think

You don't know what I think, so don't bother putting your own incorrect spin on it.

I don't need to spin it, you have set your stall out

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

A conspiracy to murder is "BIG DEAL"- very good- it is nothing to do with thought crimes, people may think someone should be murdered but if they start putting plans in place, procedures, methods and equipment then that is a "BIG DEAL"

Not so.

I bet that every day there are people who put plans into place for many different crimes. Some people carry those crimes through. While others would take a rethink and back out.

Until the person acts on their plans, then all they have done is to plan a crime. Arresting people on suspicion of what they might do is a very dangerous precedent.

I don't know the finer details of these alleged 'terrorists' plans. However, if it was known early on that they were 'planning' to do something, then why weren't they visited by police? A few knocks on their doors and some police presence could have made them think twice about advancing their plans.

well they have, they are conspiring to murder, pretty serious Iwould think

That's a BS crime. Until they've murdered, they haven't.

I don't need to spin it, you have set your stall out

Yeah, you do need to spin it, or you wouldn't have used the word 'probably'. You're making an incorrect guess about what I think.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
yes, this news has beebn a big deal all day today.....but seriously, with the highly trained groups stationed at the barracks said to be targeted i doubt this would have ever gotten far without some "inside" people helping plant bombs within the compoud ala "false flag" scenario.....the cops have just saved the lives of these try hard terrorist for they would have been all taken out if they were to launch their so called attack.

another thing that makes me question the validity of the whole plan is why would these so called terrorist want to attack an army barracks, always guarded with some form of security at the entrance?

seriously, wouldnt you, as a pi$$weak terrorist wanna be go for a much easier and less secure target to cause maximum damage? maximum loss of life?

how would attacking the barracks further their cause?

a school, shopping centre or public sports event would have been much easier...not promting the idea at all, dont get me wrong, but i just think there is something slightly fishy bout the whole thing.....

who told the age newspaper?

there'll be a major enquiry just on that security leak, you watch!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well you'd automatically assume that with weapons (if *they* had any) the Armed Forces would have been called in to deal with this, not your average street cop. Also as mentioned before NO weapons/exposives were recovered and chances are in 2 months time every one of these "terrorists" will either be let go uncharged or be deported for minor offences (which is why they probobally got framed in the first place.)

Judging from the reactions of some here it seems many have fallen for this, just like most of the people fell for it when the "Manchester False-Flag" campaign happened in Easter.

And a final thought, funny how they raided so many homes in the suburbs, yet not ONE picture of one of these "terrorists" being detained has leaked out.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I bet that every day there are people who put plans into place for many different crimes.

I have no doubt of this, though it is does not assist the debate- I never said every day people do not plan crimes

Some people carry those crimes through. While others would take a rethink and back out.

this is true and if they have acted alone with no evidence of their inentions then they are going to remain free-

Until the person acts on their plans, then all they have done is to plan a crime. Arresting people on suspicion of what they might do is a very dangerous precedent.

if however, they construct a plan to murder someone, leave evidence of their intentions whether electronically, audio, on the pc, involve others, arm themselves etc then I'm happy for that to be a crime (which it is, and it has always been thus, and I am a fierece opponent of the thought crime agenda)

I don't know the finer details of these alleged 'terrorists' plans. However, if it was known early on that they were 'planning' to do something, then why weren't they visited by police? A few knocks on their doors and some police presence could have made them think twice about advancing their plans.

that is a separate issue of police methods- there is no wrong and right way to carry that out imo, they tried your option with that Brazilian shot wrongly on the London underground- if they had done what the aussie police did then that innocent fella would not be dead- also, if people are so far on in their plan with bombs, guns etc and it all goes to crap and people lie dying I suspect that might not be good

That's a BS crime. Until they've murdered, they haven't.

It is a lesser crime, but a crime nonetheless

Yeah, you do need to spin it, or you wouldn't have used the word 'probably'. You're making an incorrect guess about what I think.

I am responding to your posts/thoughts- there is no need for me to spin it

[edit on 4-8-2009 by blueorder]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What a shame Australian items are not of the same caliber as nibiru, 911, fema, obama, cropcircles, etc..

This deserves so much more attention.. regardless if people think one way or another - a possible major terrorist attack was averted.

Maybe only when people die, people care...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Seriously??

You mean let them plan everything right up till they actually perpetrate a crime, and only THEN step in?

So if I see someone sneaking about your house outside, I should wait till they stab you before I yell out "Uhh dude, someones in your yard with a knife!" ?

You are aware of how things are going these days no?

Wow..

I will make sure I let my neighbours know if someone suspect is creeping around their house at night, and I expect the law to do the same for the community at large.. Especially when the perpetrator in this case, is known for their modus operandi.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
You mean let them plan everything right up till they actually perpetrate a crime, and only THEN step in?

So far, they have been arrested for talking on the phone and sending some text messages. A bit of hate speech on the phone and it takes over 400 police to raid them?

Overkill - anyone?

This is a propaganda show, plain and simple. Keep the people fearful, keep the people wanting to feel secure. As long as the people are looking out against each other, then the government will be in control.

The raids were designed for media and public consumption and dispersion to the masses.

A subtle word or two in the ears of a couple of those blokes would have stopped their plans without any fuss at all - seven months ago.

Have you heard some of the rhetoric on the TV news tonight???
(Paraphrasing some of the crap that I just listened to)
"They were planning a sustained massacre..."
"The terror plot has exposed a deadly new enemy..."
KRudd: "It's a sobre reminder that the threat of terror exists..."
Channel Ten, Sandra Sully: "The plots have also exposed security concerns at what could have been ground zero".

Read that again - the MSM is trying to compare this with 9/11, using the term ground zero!!! If you suck up and believe this MSM crap, then you really don't know when you're being taken for fools.

The only positive about this news story is that it has knocked the footballers off the front pages!!!

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
So if I see someone sneaking about your house outside, I should wait till they stab you before I yell out "Uhh dude, someones in your yard with a knife!" ?

Totally off topic. Stick to the thread's OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Simply put - you're damn right it is a crime to plan to kill people. [edit on 4/8/2009 by C0bzz]

Does that include Australia's participation in the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. That makes our military & politicians murders.

This is just to scare all the old grannies into thinking that big brother loves/looks after them.

Probably another load of sh1te like what happened to Dr Mohamed Haneef.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by acrux]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So far, they have been arrested for talking on the phone and sending some text messages. A bit of hate speech on the phone and it takes over 400 police to raid them?

Overkill - anyone?

19 properties were raided, so thats about 20 per property, so overkill, no, how many do you think should wade in, 2?

This is a propaganda show, plain and simple. Keep the people fearful, keep the people wanting to feel secure. As long as the people are looking out against each other, then the government will be in control.

The raids were designed for media and public consumption and dispersion to the masses.

On certain levels I can agree in general about the notion of "crisis" being fostered to aid control, interference etc, whether it is global warming or terrorism- but that is quite a "sexy" story, some dudes who wont even respond to the charges because he "answers to god" wanting to destroy an Australian army base, I mean it is not the type of conspiracy that happens all the time! What should the media do, not talk about?

A subtle word or two in the ears of a couple of those blokes would have stopped their plans without any fuss at all - seven months ago.

we are not talkin about kids being noisy in a town centre here, hardly "listen lads, you have your fun, but move along now"

Read that again - the MSM is trying to compare this with 9/11, using the term ground zero!!! If you suck up and believe this MSM crap, then you really don't know when you're being taken for fools.

the media is filled with bs, the tvs are crammed full of absoloute nonsense be it reality shows, makeover shows whatever

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by acruxDoes that include Australia's participation in the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. That makes our military & politicians murders.

although I am not blind to the terror which many of these islamic nutters wish to inflict, my abiding wish is that Tony Blair (not Australian I know) stands trial some day

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fapython

I'm beginning to like you my friend!

I just wish there were more people with your strength of conviction back here in Blighty.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

although I am not blind to the terror which many of these islamic nutters wish to inflict, my abiding wish is that Tony Blair (not Australian I know) stands trial some day

I also wish to see that, but also John Howard (ex-Aussie prime minister), Bush & Cheyney, stand trial.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

And just how do you know that?

"Here pal, we know what you are up to.
Leave it alone will you please or we may have to arrest you"

"OK mate, thanks for the tip off, I will never do it again and shall become a model citizen"

Just how naive?

Would you seriously have just let them go on their way and slide anonymously back into society without any punishment whatsoever?

[edit on 4/8/09 by Freeborn]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join