It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspects arrested in Melbourne after bomb plot uncovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Terror suspects arrested in Melbourne after bomb plot uncovered

www.news.com.au

UPDATE 7.29am: POLICE have arrested a number of suspected terrorists during early morning raids across Melbourne this morning.

Police swooped about 4.30am, executing 19 warrants on homes in Glenroy, Carlton, Meadow Heights, Roxburgh Park, Broadmeadows, Westmeadows, Preston, Epping and Colac.

The raids came after a suicide bomb plot by suspected Islamic extremists in Melbourne was uncovered.

Police believe the group was planning to launch an attack on an Australian army base, possibly in Victoria.

Victoria has four army bases – in Albury-Wodonga, Puckapunyal, Watsonia and Broadmea
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting because since started coming to ATS i don't know who the real terrorist are anymore.

I heard on the radio this morning that they were carrying out surveillance on Defence Bases and the plan was run in with automatic weapons, take out has many people as possible then turn the guns on them selves.
I don't think its much of a plan to run in with guns on an army base, the army is gonna have a lot more guns and a lot bigger ones, actually the more i think about it the more sus it sounds.

Your thoughts..

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It was a huge operation 400 officers.

They were going to blow themselves up through defence instillations throughout Sydney.

DOnt be fooled, there are very much Islamist fundamentalists around. Did you know any of the 88 Australians killed in the 1st Bali Bomb carried out by Jamal islamier?
What about the bomb just in Jakarta another 3 aussies killed.

Not much news yet as it just breaking, a police press conference in 20 minutes. I'll tune in.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok some more info according to "newsFirst"

The terrorists plan was to storm the entrance to an army base, firing automatic weapons to kill as many Australian soldiers as possible.

The group of suspects, involving Lebanese and Somali Australians, is believed to total about 18 men, reports The Australian.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yeah the story is still breaking will be good to hear what comes out at the press conference.
I have to know doubt there are terrorist out there but when i heard on the radio they were going to go in with guns, i just thought that was dumb.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I always wonder if the police start making arrests on suspected terrorists who planned something. Now bare in mind these guys are suicidal, why wouldn't that spook other cells around the world?? Think about it, no way would they risk getting caught.... so why not just go on a random act of carnage by themselves??

I never really understand how these guys work, which makes me believe some of these are poop.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I hate how people cry Islamic radicals when the word terrorist pops up. Islam shouldn't even be anywhere near the world terrorist, nor should any other group of people for that matter.

Anyone can be a terrorist.

That is just my reply to the statement below:

i don't know who the real terrorist are anymore

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I hate how people cry Islamic radicals when the word terrorist pops up. Islam shouldn't even be anywhere near the world terrorist, nor should any other group of people for that matter.

Anyone can be a terrorist.

That is just my reply to the statement below:

i don't know who the real terrorist are anymore

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

what about a terrorist who specifically states they are terrorists in the name of Islam- ofcourse it should be mentioned, complete nonsense to suggest otherwise.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

LIVE POLICE CONFERENCE MELB: Four men arrested; National Security Alert Level remains at Medium; Police disappointed News Ltd media leak

Accrding to "news first"

Seems that this news was a leak hmmm

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Totally related to Islamists in this instance and any other attack affecting Australians, im not even going to bother responding to you comment that its not.

Update:
Theye were planning on entering army bases using semi automatic weapons until they themselves were killed.

They have been involved in the Somali insurgency, travelling back and forth between the countries.

They are of Somaili and Lebanese decent.

Got a fatwah against Australia.

The Ausrtralian Newspaper idiots. Reported it in newspapers via a leak at 130am on the streets, when the warrants werent issued until 4 am.

Could have jeopardised the entire operation.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

To bad...the Islamic Terrorist, caps used on purpose, will be how Islam is remembered until the end of time. Its actually funny when you think about it...no matter what you want it to be, what will be is that in 500 years / 2000 years...the word Terror and Islam will be used interchangeably, possibly considered synonyms, and in the History books a man/woman in traditional Islamic dress will be shown to children all around the world, so that they know what is meant by the terms.

Someone really screwed up...and in ways beyond the imagination of most.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A bit of a co-incidence this happens just a few weeks that I was hearing Australia was supposed to get tough on Immigration laws. Another false-flag event methinks and considering the wording in the press says the "terrorists" were going to use weapons, but NONE have actually been found just backs up the claim that its another event to make whatever law pass through.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

So thats why the other thread was deleted..... anyway, like i said on that one it's a good job they were caught before something nasty went down..... can't let our guards down!! They are planning these things all over the world.....

BE VIGILANT...... BE VERY VIGILANT!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a huge story
Its a pity that there was no real Obama birth certificate found in Mlebourne to get ATS attention.

One man has been charged and four others arrested over what police allege was going to be a suicide firearm attack on at least one Australian military base. Some 400 police executed 19 search warrants about 4.30am (AEST) today in a bid to quash the alleged plot by Australian nationals of Somalian and Lebanese descent. (Watch more: Alleged plot explained)

This would have been the worst attack on Aussie soil.....
They planned similar to the mumbai attacks, just killing as many as they could.

The alleged offenders were prepared to inflict a sustained attack on military personnel until they themselves were killed," he said.

for more info here are updates.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
These people come to our lands, accept our hospitality then they stab us in the back, HOW DARE THEY.

There is only one way to deal with these people and that is a bullet between the eyes. Then send their whole entire family back to the hellhole they came from. There can be no mercy when innocent lives are at risk.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
These people come to our lands, accept our hospitality then they stab us in the back, HOW DARE THEY.

There is only one way to deal with these people and that is a bullet between the eyes. Then send their whole entire family back to the hellhole they came from. There can be no mercy when innocent lives are at risk.

i agree its a real slap in the face.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I live just down the road in one of those towns and didnt hear a damn thing.
Not sure what to think of it until i speak to my neighbors about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I agree 100% on that one my Friend

They want us to obey to their religions,rules,lifestyles etc etc etc, they clearly say frequently they want to rule the world and kill the "infidels" and we still have to stay like good schoolboys and "tolerate" thems because they're minorities.

And still, they accept the hospitality of the "infidels"

[edit on 4-8-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The real kicked is apparently they only decided to inflict carnage on innocent Australians (And a lot of youth, 16-18 can be at that Army base they wanted to attack) AFTER they had problems with the Lebanese guy getting out of the country.

Now, a hardcore group of people who frequently met at Mosques to discuss their plot, doing so simply to avoid observation, who query their own family members about their status as gun owners, who were from mainstream society such as labourers and taxi drivers, surely must have had family members thinking "I know what you're up to."

WHY DID THEIR FAMILIES NOT SAY ANYTHING? If not at least to prevent atrocity then to save their loved ones?

Once more we will have to put up with the 'it's a small minority' and 'not all are the same' rhetoric while the next group rally together to plot an attack against all and sundry for the heinous crime of being Western.

And again, no one will stand up against them from their own communities. Closed eyes don't feel regret...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join