It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lakes Triangle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is supposedly the Bermuda Triangle of Michigan. It has many characteristics of the Bermuda Triangle; such as ghost ships, disappearances, time standing still, time speeding up, and UFO's.

Legend has it 40 planes have disappeared over Lake Michigan.

One of the most famous stories of disappearing crew members includes the freighter O.M. McFarland. In April 1937, Captain George Donnor was heading to Port Washington, Wisconsin, "He decided to retire to his cabin for a nap, and he gave orders to be aroused about 6pm. And they went to his cabin and he was gone. The story was the cabin was locked from the inside and nobody knows what happened to him till this day," says Wangemann.

Bill Wangemann says there are some tails of sea monsters. "Many years ago there were people that swore they saw sea monsters on the shore here," says Wagemann.

Visit this link to read about first hand accounts of strange occurances on lake michigan. www.labyrinthina.com...

I myself have never really been over by Lake Michigan, or near this supposed triangle. But these stories definetly make me want to take a trip to find out. I live on the east side of Michigan in Detroit.

Does anyone here on ATS live by Lake Michigan? And if so, do you notice anything weird going on there?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
there is also the story of, i forget who. him and a co-pilot went up, co-pilot was never found, plane was never found, pilot was found stumbling down the highway with a broken ankle a couple days later.
i think, i dunno something like that.
--
I used to live on the shore of lake superior and near windsor ontario (both on the canadian side) and i cant say ive noticed anything strange, but I dont boat or fly so who knows.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm... I think I lost a toothbrush there whilst flying over from Chicago.Ill back to Phila., PA. My mom was so aggravated, I told her I specifically remembered it was in my suitcase when I boarded the airliner!

Okay on a serious note I love this stuff. I have always been fascinated with the bermuda triangle mystery! Thanks for Posting thiss very interesting read!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Great post.

I remember watching a TV special on the lakes history with missing ships. The possible explanation given was huge upsurges and massive swells that would swamp large vessels. But nothing concrete was given as a proven explanation.

This just ads to the mystery.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Im ganna try to dig up some more dirt on it, possibly get some pictures and more stories. Ive lived in Michigan all my life and ive never heard about this until yesterday. And ive always loved watching specials on the Bermuda Triangle so its definetly facinating.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ummm I have to say I have not heard of anything vanishing without a trace accept a couple of fishermen in the last 20 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I live in Michigan and visit lake Michigan regularly. It is quite a lake and it seems like an ocean almost. I would not want to be out at one of the beaches alone just because of the emptiness of it. Nothing paranormal has ever happened to me there, but it sure is responsible for lots of the "crazy Michigan weather"

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I grew up in the north shore suburbs of Chicago, and I never heard these stories of a triangle on lake Michigan.

I did, also live near Superior WI / Duluth MN, which is on the shores of lake Superior. I haven't done a search, but I think the triangle you are talking about includes lake Superior, also.

I had heard of a triangle while living up north near Superior, so, I guess I'm going to have to check it out, because now I am curious!

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This made me think of the Edmund Fitzgerald!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mavman

AH YES! My grampa use to tell me stories about that! Im ganna read that. thanks for the link =]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Northern parts of Lakes Michigan, Superior and Huron can be nasty at times. There is a reason they are called Great Lakes. If you get caught in a storm out in the middle of nowhere, things can go wrong awfully fast. I think it's just nature, nothing supernatural.

top topics

join