It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

There's an old woman standing behind the kid. Whoopty do!

Hehe,well said.Thats funny man.

This thread reminded me a the "demon dog" photo from a while back...that was odd indeed.Anyone remember that one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was creepy.

This one just seems a bit fake though..
I think the old lady was in the room,behind the kid.
She looks like the kid's grandmother to me(not dead great grandmother).
The eye reflections are telling.
Surely a proper ghost wouldn't reflect light like that,being metaphysical and all?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
But I suppose there is no set standards for how ghost pictures should look.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if a ghost doesn't look like this it just plain fake.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8fa629303cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
The person in the background looks like an older version of the little girl, weird.

That was exactly my first instinct. It kind of freaked me out when I first saw it. Fake or not, they look alike!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionItAll
So here's what I got... I am no expert, so don't torch me. I work in an extremely old building we have a resident spook that really does the same thing every morning around 2:50. He comes out of the bathrooms walks down the hall, walks down the stairs. (doors do NOT open) To the boiler room. When he moves he's very shadowy but when I catch him in the corner of the bathroom, static, he is as clear as that old lady and he does catch the light of my flashlight. About the pic of the kid, there's somthin weird goin on over the kids right shoulder, imo. One more thing I got the same goose bump type feeling looking at this picture as I do when our friend goes for his walk. I dont get creeped easily but there is something about this picture, I don't know what it is but it does evoke something inside me.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by QuestionItAll]

Hello questionitall, I don't know If I could ever work passed one evening at your JOB!!!! Ghosts freak me the H*** out! I don't know if the pic is faked but I do know what you said about the ghost at your job reflecting light, OHHHH now that's creepy!!!!

On another note I just had to adjust my belkin to pick up wireless signal, I had a cig in my mouth which was to the left side and was very careful not to have my cig hit the curtains as I fooled around with the device which is positioned on top of the window ledge, I wasn't near the wall, but My cig acted as if it hit a solid object, I had to back up slightly as ash fell, it was flicked too, before I started to fool with the belkin device, Now I am really creeped out as nobody should be there, but that's where my daughter and her friends while outside playing has seen a shadow person several times. I think I just burned him/her/it...really strange!!!!!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I love the paranormal 'experts' on here who say that a ghost doesn't do that or this!

How the hell do you know what a ghost does or doesn't do?

Yes, the light does reflect in the eyes of the old lady, but whose to say that that doesn't happen to "real" ghosts?? Please tell which ghost textbook you've been reading, so we can all know what does and does not constitute typical ghost behaviour!

Sheesh

I think the old lady in the pic does resemble a younger version of the grandmother pictured in the kitchen with two other family members. What I find interesting about this point is that I have heard other very creditable people mention when they have had a visit from a deceased loved one, that the loved one looks younger and healthier. As is the case in this particular pic.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The only reason I don't think this would be a fake is because of the supposed viral nature this photo is getting. If the person who took this photo is either the lady behind the child or had a relative/friend sit behind the child and then just claimed it was ghost, they would be found out really quick, unless they just pulled some poor woman off the street and had her pose in a pic just so they could claim she was a ghost.

What I'm saying is, if I were to fake a photo like this I'm not going to ask my grandma to sit behind my kid then say she's a ghost knowing it's going to get passed around the net and someone would recognizer her then rat me out.

Even if I did do that and I was doing this for attention, I would make sure not to send the photo out claiming she was a ghost knowing that she is solid. The majority of people don't think of a ghost photo as having a solid person in it. Even when I opened the link I expected a see through apparition not a solid person. Another reason this makes me think it's not fake.

Edit to add:

No one knows the laws governing the spirit world or other dimensions. No one can say that if it were a ghost it would look like this or that. We have no clue how other dimensions work.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
What I find interesting about this point is that I have heard other very creditable people mention when they have had a visit from a deceased loved one, that the loved one looks younger and healthier. As is the case in this particular pic.

I've always heard people say that they've had dead relatives visit them in a "dream" just before or after they died. I never fully believed it because I always wondered why I never had the privilege. I've dreamt about deceased realtives before. But one particular night, I am CERTAIN, I was visited by my grandfather. I won't go into detail but I just KNOW it.

Mostly what always sticks out in my mind was how WONDERFUL and full of life he looked even though he was still old.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The silliest posts are the ones stating that the old woman looks just like the little girl would look after she's aged.
If you can make that leap, you have more than just a vivid imagination. You're nuts.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

You should try adding to the discussion instead of just ridiculing those you don't agree with and calling them names. Who cares what we think about it. Just give your opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
STOP!!!!

All of you are driving me insane!! I posted my photoshop pix of this on page 2 look at them!!

1. This is not Photoshop!
2. Photoshop is not easy!
3. If you see a ghost it is REFLECTING LIGHT! THAT'S HOW YOU SEE IT!!
4. Ghosts portray an image they want US to see, they should wear clothes!!!

Stop rambling about stupid S#!T. If the afterlife exists and you can come back to see your family, and you can show them that you're okay what are you going to come back as? A F@*KING BLACK HOLE!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Well said Gravitybender

nunya13: it's comforting to think that if such events are true, that your loved ones are in a higher state of happiness and health.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I do not know what to make of the photo in question, but would like to add this.

I grew up in a late 18'th century farm house, and it was haunted. It was expierenced by everyone who lived and/or spent any ammount of time there. The hauntings ranged from the benine to the sinister as the full range of paranormal activity was present. Some of the most horrific and wonderful things happened while living there.

But what I really chimed in to say was that in my reality and expierence with this, ghosts can be seen just as human(alive) as anyone walking the earth today.

Someday, I wish I had the time and patience to delve in to my paranormal expierences growing up in that old house, and share with everyone what i can still remember.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ahh, McKyle beat me to it...but, like he said before me:

I do believe in ghostly apparitions, even though I am a skeptic at heart...but I wanted to say that prior to what I am about to say next...

Just how do you suppose light actually reflect off the retina of a ghost? I didn't know that you had to use red-eye remover on photographs of ghosts just like you use on photographs of humans!

How exactly does sunlight reflect off the skin of ghost and create a shadow off the cheek, nose and eyebrow of the ghost?

Intentional Hoax or an accidental Composite Image is the only question here in my book.

As noted before, how exactly does light behave reflecting off a ghost? If you are a skeptic, you likely have never seen one. How, then, do you know what they look like and how they react with light?

Amazing, this could be one of the most amazingly clear proof of spirit photographs and everyone immediately cries fake.
What exactly is the proof that is required? Will it ever be enough for you? If one kissed you in the street would you be trying to click on the 'properties' tab to look for Photoshopping?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
THIS IS COMPLETE BS !

This picture has been going around the internet for at least 5 months. Its been sent around in chain emails. I thought tons of people had seen this.

Just another internet hoax/urban legend. I got this in a forward ,the email sai it was supposedly taken by a babysitter in the UK not in Rhode Island.

FAKE

Show us the pic that you found months ago, as well as the URL. I've been searching on Google using numerous keyword structures and have found zip.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Ahh, McKyle beat me to it...but, like he said before me:

Great minds think alike Badgered1

Originally posted by Badgered1
Amazing, this could be one of the most amazingly clear proof of spirit photographs and everyone immediately cries fake.

Yes, it's funny isn't how some want to desperately show that 'deny ignorance', but end up showing how ignorant they in fact are!

Gotta love ATS for the light entertainment some of it's members provide.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Chillax dude.

Apparently you missed this link:

www.ononesoftware.com...

provided by ShiftTrio on page 2. This PS plug-in is amazing.

Hair, no problem with proper tools, time and talent.

It is the "Specular Highlights" in the eyes that convinces me this is faked. ( Lady and girl's not same light source/ posted link before.) Sorry. I'm as convinced of my opinion as you are yours, but no need to get hostile.

It is obvious we are all enjoying this little mystery treat.

Regards...KK

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
I love the paranormal 'experts' on here who say that a ghost doesn't do that or this!

How the hell do you know what a ghost does or doesn't do?

Yes, the light does reflect in the eyes of the old lady, but whose to say that that doesn't happen to "real" ghosts?? Please tell which ghost textbook you've been reading, so we can all know what does and does not constitute typical ghost behaviour!

Sheesh

I think the old lady in the pic does resemble a younger version of the grandmother pictured in the kitchen with two other family members. What I find interesting about this point is that I have heard other very creditable people mention when they have had a visit from a deceased loved one, that the loved one looks younger and healthier. As is the case in this particular pic.

Can you show any pictures of ghost which have those characteristics? If I would have never known that picture had a ghost in it I would of just thought it was a little girl and her grandma.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If they didn't see it then it was probably just a reflection of the kid from a window. anybody ever think of that?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
But I suppose there is no set standards for how ghost pictures should look.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if a ghost doesn't look like this it just plain fake.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8fa629303cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mvirata]

These days they wear black and have hidden explosive devises.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Possibilities:

1. This is as advertised.
  2. There is a person behind the child and the person making the claim is lying.
  3. The image has been altered as a hoax.
  4. There is a person behind the child and the person who took the photo for some reason did not know.
  5. The child is in front of a mirror and that person is the one taking the picture (most likely IMO).

As to photoshoping something like this, there are two plug-ins that would preserve the hair so it is very possible to fake this.

Vertus Fluid Mask
Extensis Mask Pro

They are difficult to use but this is very possible.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join