It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Umm guy maybe you should do a simple google search like the one i did that took me 10 seconds. Heres the Link.

When will it next erupt?

Scientist have discovered that the ground in Yellowstone if 74cm higher than in was in 1923 - indicating a massive swelling underneath the park. The reservoir is filling with magma at an alarming rate. The volcano erupts with a near-clockwork cycle of every 600,000 years. The last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago - we are overdue for annihilation.

www.cambodianonline.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again...

One of the intangibles here is that, once you get people believing this sort of thing en masse, you create the possibility of a self-fulfilling prophesy. It all harkens back to an old axiom... 'If you go looking for trouble, you will most likely find it'.

Now, it would be irresponsible to suggest that mere belief or expectation could lead to an eruption of Yellowstone or suck in an asteroid, or create a rogue brown dwarf, or cause the poles to get confused. But it is not out of the realm of possibility that enough unwarranted panic could cause major shifts in economies, governments and individual lives.

In the end, we should be careful what we wish for, or just expect... because we might just get it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think such a solar super storm is the only thing that might happen around 2012, my question is, what whould happen with all the military around the world? whouln't it be a great momentum to attack crippled powers more reliable on satellites and such?

and yes they should lobotomize [iif even worth] or shoot those Fox people on sight, sick of it...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Michio is the man!!! I love his books and he is probably one of the coolest people on earth. Ill take his word for almost gospel

So physicists screwed up the data by a factor of 20 o0 that could be a big boo boo. Anyone know particularly what data they screwed up on?

That news caster needed a punch in the head for acting like that afterwards and during " what about my blackberry" What an @ss.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I would imagine that many systems such as transportation would be a huge problem with food deliveries and emergency vehicles. The list goes on and on. I'd like to hear more details on what we can do to prepare just in case. One of my thoughts is that satellites could be falling back to earth.

The only thing that bothers me about Michio Kaku is that he 'claims' he doesn't believe we've been visited by aliens etc. I suppose he may have some inside information, such as there being some who've always been here that have a higher technology. I guess maybe it's double speak or tongue in cheek?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Kaku is the reason i started to study astrophysics and meta physics....a lot of his scientific theories based on study validated my theories regarding the human psyche and its correlation to say even telepathy or any clairvoyance...

Kaku never studied these (or at least not from what i have seen from him) however the often spoke of particle theories including string and m theory really "made sense" to the things i was experiencing and though i was crazy for

Good health to Kaku!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have learned much information from this guy he cool with me. I always see him on discovery-history-and natgeo cable channels. Definetly 1 of my many teachers/eye openers.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

Autowrench:
Sun spots are dangerous, and it is my strong belief that Sun Spot activity will cause the Power Grid here in America to go down for up to three months very soon. Many people have foreseen this happening. There will be a lot of trouble for everyone because of this, long lines at gas stations and stores while people relearn how to manually write up a bill, and pump gas with a hand pump, that is, if car engines still run. Humanity needs to learn a lesson here, they are way too dependant on electronic helpers and computers for everything. Say what you will, but I think this will happen soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Michio Kaku
Samual L. Jackson" shii negro that's you had to say"

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I would imagine that many systems such as transportation would be a huge problem with food deliveries and emergency vehicles. The list goes on and on. I'd like to hear more details on what we can do to prepare just in case. One of my thoughts is that satellites could be falling back to earth.

The only thing that bothers me about Michio Kaku is that he 'claims' he doesn't believe we've been visited by aliens etc. I suppose he may have some inside information, such as there being some who've always been here that have a higher technology. I guess maybe it's double speak or tongue in cheek?

These solar wind pressure changes only modify the electric currents in the ionosphere.So only systems which use the ionosphere to "bounce "their signals, the electrical circuits of cars will not be affected.
Your blackberry might not work in the sense it will not make a call but i think you can still use your it to play games and such..

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That news caster needed a punch in the head for acting like that afterwards and during " what about my blackberry" What an @ss.
reply to post by Steilhe

well hurry up.cause when you're done , he'll be loosin teeth to my
steeltoe. he might as well blasphemed. hate that little ken doll.huh.!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We need to make sure that questioningall sees this video she has been warning about the magnetosphere for months and I would love to hear her comments on this video with Dr Michio Kaku.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
i think alot of people are overlooking this man as well hes been on point before i herd anyone else.

MUST WATCH!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by soldier8828]

I concur.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Thanks
I guess the schizo/doom and gloom went a little overboard with these thought images. Too much paranoia/science fiction/hollywood experience...I guess.

Sooo, what would actually trigger a more massive catasptrophic scenario like this?

Pole shift? A passing large asteroid? Are there solar EMPs?

One recent science fiction program involved temporary changes in the gravity field that showed people floating up over the ground. I would imagine that could be debunked, as well as they showed only a few things, rather than anything that would such as in a zero gravity space craft.

I'd like to see a documentary and or thread that 'thoroughly' debunks all of these. Maybe that's impossible.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just coming back because I forgot to star and flag it earlier. As for the damn way the anchors behave irresponsibly with information this potentially dire is most likely the answer we will receive about the preparation for the magnetosphere collapsing.

Irresponsible and disrespectful dont even touch on how childishly they behaved.

I do not believe Dr. Michio Kaku is responsible for the mistake he mentions several times in the video clip, but he is taking responsibility for the entire Science community and those that do not want to be named as the naysayers that let it go this far.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Most of you guys seemed shocked at the demeanor and response from the anchors on this story.

Seriously?

Did you expect anything else?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, it may very well be that he's advertising himself to do more paid appearances and or a book on the subject also. The guys has to pay his bills before this happens also.

I could care less about the news anchors, didn't even notice it. Scientists can make mistakes, they aren't psychics and gurus. Better now than when it's too late.

Can't hurt to be better prepared.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i hope this happens.

this has the potential to be what will cause the mass awakenings, if that's even true. but..

it's like shutting down everything that's been put in place to keep you dumb and asleep. i was here on the east coats when the 2003 blackout happened and i remember people actually taking time out of their lives to stand on the streets and help with the traffic, or help others with staying cool for nothing in return.

you don't see that everyday.

let us be unplugged!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
i hope this happens.

this has the potential to be what will cause the mass awakenings, if that's even true. but..

it's like shutting down everything that's been put in place to keep you dumb and asleep. i was here on the east coats when the 2003 blackout happened and i remember people actually taking time out of their lives to stand on the streets and help with the traffic, or help others with staying cool for nothing in return.

you don't see that everyday.

let us be unplugged!!

star for that! it might not be the transition to another human intelligence. But you're right, if we get unplugged and leave the computers and machines for what they are, we might get closer to other spiritual things, and friends and family.On the other hand we might loose friends from abroad and the global village which has its advantages.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i really feel as though somehting is goin to happen and also look at in 2012 who will be up for re-election

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join