It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The interview with Kaku is from last year, the predictions have been updated. The current prediction for the peak of Solar Cycle 24 is May of 2013. It is also predicted that the number of sunspots this cycle will be lower than average.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
if you read my thread about an interview with a man from the year 2097,he states that nothing will happen in 2012 that will destroy the earth,but some things will begin to come to light. he mentioned a 'freezing war' and something 'scary' about einstein.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys/gals

But honestly, I don't care if there was an update, there is still multi factors to consider around 2012. What leads me to believe is that NYC Police Prepares For 2012 buy purchasing 1000's of old school type writers so they wont rely on electronics and fiber optics. www.abovetopsecret.com...

They know something... I for one do believe we need to be unplugged for a moment, it'll be the biggest smack of reality for most folks in the everyday rat race.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p
The Myan's, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey, and now Scientist are saying that 2012

I've read a lot of material from Hopi, but just can't recall anything of them referring to 2012, perhaps you could point it out for me?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I don't if its exactly 2012 but its supposed to be around that time you can see this www.disclose.tv... i dont have to much time to find more stuff right now, but that link is good.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I love this guy, I really do but solar cycles don't concern me so much. In 11 years our tech will look a lot different and many of our sats will be replaced. Something I heard him say before that sent chills down my spine though was when he basically said we should not of put the "Hello" disks with directions to Earth onto the Voyagers...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah, a lot of people claim we're doomed.

The Mayan Calender never predicts the end of the world. Nothing happens. Nothing.

"But you ignorant gorehound, the calender ends!"

Yeah, it does. Who cares? It's a calender.

Wasn't Jesus suppose to come back sometime ago? What about Y2K? Wasn't there suppose to be a FEMA invasion on July 27th? Wasn't there suppose to be some alien invasion a year ago or something?

So many predictions, so many gullible people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Solar Cycles last 11 years, but we are in year 8 right now. There is only 3ish years.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
so.... you're alarmed, because cell coverage and cable TV miight go down due to sun spots. And you're equating this with Mayan prophesies, and with stoned prophesies from Nostradamus.

Rrrrrright.

Next thread please...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
the sun is very quiet for a long time....if its reaches a peak in 2-12 it will be in a fast speed and huge...
look this diagram of solarspots from 1755 till now....

www.spaceweather.com...

little tip:
if you select a year... than go with the mouse outside the diagram... you can scroll than through the years!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Not to try and pick apart what you have presented... but Edgar Cayce never brought up the year 2012 in any of his predictions. Cayce stated that the whole of mankind would go through a great change, but never mentioned the year 2012... ever.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
another interessting data page of nasa

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage i know you are more or less on the 'Ball' but this video on Fox was broadcast on 26 Mar 2009

And he still states 2012....

Sorry don't know how to transfer link directly to page...but here is the link:

www.foxnews.com...|Michio%20Kaku

Peace!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p
Thanks for the replies guys/gals

But honestly, I don't care if there was an update, there is still multi factors to consider around 2012. What leads me to believe is that NYC Police Prepares For 2012 buy purchasing 1000's of old school type writers so they wont rely on electronics and fiber optics. www.abovetopsecret.com...

They know something... I for one do believe we need to be unplugged for a moment, it'll be the biggest smack of reality for most folks in the everyday rat race.

How you don't lose points for a post as awful as that is beyond me. NYC Police Department buys typewriters EVERY year and it has nothing to do with the doom related to 1900.....2006, 2007, 2008, 2009...etc. They have a major budget shortage (I think this has been mentioned somewhere before) and the amount of $$ it would cost to update their forms, put them into an e-format, program it, house the database, teach the officers, etc is way too much. Not even the great zero, I mean Obama, can write a check for that. My proof was one short Google away:

Why type-writers are still needed

Thankfully I read that article before reading your post. Where did you get your information from??

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I cant wait for Jan 1st 2013... that will be a happy day, and I'll be coming on here to add to the 'I told you so' threads! Or maybe 2014 seeing as some of the predictions seem to be moving further ahead in time as we get closer to 2012

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I gave my opinion, did I say it was fact, and to run for the hills? No. I report you decide.

@ Eniac. Your an idiot.

@ Solar.Absolute .... I'm not sure if he did say 2012 exactly but he did say something big is going to happened and a new Age would rise. The age of Aquarius begins around 2012 doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Did everyone else get a different interview than I did? He talked about satellites and such being affected.

Can someone point out the part of the interview where he is warning about the end of the world? Seems that was edited out of my version.

I can agree that he is one of my favorite people though.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You cant mention the number '2012' these days without an onslaught of crap about alien races, nibiru and various other death inducing events!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join