It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The surface of the sun itself is around 6000K, while the corona high above the surface of the sun, is around 2 million K. Again, this makes absolutely no sense if the sun is radiating heat from its core.

Actually they guesstimated this year that its because of nanoflares.

Scientists are changing their mind constantly. They seem to come up with the most likely explanation based on the assumption that the sun is nuclear. What if its not? Then they come up with some other explanation for it. But they are just picking a explanation that fits our current understanding.

I think the video you posted is interesting and makes a lot of sense personally.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Funny this is on fox news, also can you show me where nostradamus and all those others hinted to 2012 being the end time. I've only heard of the mayans making that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Also this happens every 11 years!!!!! So why the big fuss, because this "could" be a big one... COULD BE A BIG ONE. Geez people no need to put on your tin foil hats yet I think we'll be alright and honestly global communications getting whipped out would just be a breath of fresh air.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey i just seen a commerical the other night telling people that 2012 is going to happen and if you want to live you must register in a lottery that will pick people at random to live in like an underground base, sounds just like Fallout 3 with the vaults, but the website is www.TheIHC.com it seems legite as can be, it claims to be a top secret government organization thats been studying 2012 and related things for the last 30 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Again there we go thous ppl didnt have a clue but its gona be the most of the ppl when time comes laugh while you can i say. but yes that is a a possible scenario what might happen. if you know life YOU EMBRACE IT

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaros
TheIHC.com it seems legite as can be, it claims to be a top secret government organization

LMAO, you're easy - or you're connected with the site, considering you signed up on the day you posted that, and that's the only post you have.

If the former is the case .......... the site is just marketing for the movie 2012.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What he's talking about in the video reminds me of the end of the remake of the Day the Earth Stood Still. We are allowed to live but lose all of our technology.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think the OPs point was just that if the magnetic field is disrupted with a fierce enough force from the sun, it could upset things such as weather, tectonic activities, **possibly** upsetting yellowstone.

What people still fail to realize is the seriousness of Yellowstone, if it were to fully blow its lid, not only would MOST of the US be completely obliterated (both by force and afterwards uninhabitable land) but the entire earth could be shrouded in ash for an undeterminable amount of time.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Boy, the OP is sure buying into the whole 'scare humanity silly' frenzy that the NWO is trying to drum up. *shakes head* One thing to understand is people are getting paid to say these things, and psychics are being fed this info.

Now I am not saying nothing will happen; it will have some rough patches as the NWO sets off earthquakes, and other 'disasters', so don't neglect manfesting self protection and protection for those you love. And do get some back stock of water and food. Never a bad idea anyway, but as for the 'destruction' of the world. Nope.

2012 is the year the NWO's contract with humanity's overarching sentience ends and all the karma of their bad behavior over the last 300,000 years is coming due. The disasters/catastrophies are meant for the NWO bunch. And THEY will suffer mightily. And they deserve every little bit of it, too.

Mostly we just have to keep ourselves safe and out of the way.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I truly believe that history has and will repeat itself. Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

Boy, the reply poster is sure buying into the whole 'carry on as nothing is happening' frenzy that the NWO is trying to drum up. *shakes head* One thing to understand is people are getting paid to say these things, and psychics are being fed this info.

##Fixxed that for you

seriously, just claiming that anything you don't agree with must be the nwo plan is silly because it works both ways - thats why we make the effort (some of us) to debate things purely on their merits and logic.

Kaku has provided evidence for a theory, just discounting all evidence and pretending its all fine is never going to get us anywhere!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.
the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.
The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. It Would be FOOLISH to not way the possibility that in 2012 we may be entering into a Dense region of Gas...As we align with the Center of Our Galaxy Our SUN Sol has and is being bombarded by particles now coming through the Heliosphere the sun has Gotten Brighter from these particles and has changed from A yellowish hue to a more white because of the increase in particles... We may be on te edge of a Dense Cloud of Gas ..and soon to be entering in 2012 the Densest parts of the LOCAL FLUFF held by the gravity of the black hole of the Milky Way galaxy...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think hes a moffen head i have met him. HES TO SCAPTICAL 2012 WILL HAPEN IN 2011 OCT 27

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
so the last 1 was in 2001, any corralation to any events that may have taken place in that year ?? damn it...theres only so much a bricklayer can understand lol

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking. As for the OP, you are incorrect, none of the people you listed said a thing about 2012, but nice try.

Also: There is nothing "statistical" that says "anything" about Yellowstone. Do a little research before you post.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Zenagain]

Maybe you should do your research because I have and all those ancient civilizations did leave information behind on 2012 not to mention all the signs that are happening right now OPEN YOUR EYES and your mind rely a little less on your ego and as for Yellowstone it is way over due for an explosion. While i was there the last time i was reading the information on the volcano that you can get in the park itself and it does say that it is predicted to erupt every 60,000 years and we are in its predicted time period RIGHT NOW!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Yeah, a lot of people claim we're doomed.

The Mayan Calender never predicts the end of the world. Nothing happens. Nothing.

"But you ignorant gorehound, the calender ends!"

Yeah, it does. Who cares? It's a calender.

Wasn't Jesus suppose to come back sometime ago? What about Y2K? Wasn't there suppose to be a FEMA invasion on July 27th? Wasn't there suppose to be some alien invasion a year ago or something?

So many predictions, so many gullible people.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by bargoose]
I don't recall Jesus Christ ever saying he'd return pre-2010..

[edit on 23-3-2010 by bargoose]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join