It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling Israel No: Obama's Bold Move

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Telling Israel No: Obama's Bold Move

PARIS — President Barack Obama, who vowed to revive the Arab-Israeli peace process at the start of his term, has begun with a direct and public challenge to Israel’s latest plan to build new settlements in East Jerusalem.

It’s a risky move that has already provoked a sharp rebuke from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. But it is hard to see how the peace process could move forward if Washington had remained silent.

Mr. Obama picked a small but symbolic issue, a 20-unit housing project on the site of the former Shepherd Hotel, sparking a full-blown diplomatic standoff. Just days after the United States objected to the project, the European Union, Russia and France did the same.

You would think Israel would by now get the message. It sounds like to me that Israel needs to start paying more attention. If they are going to want and get continuing support they will have to start playing ball.

This cash cow is broke.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe that's the next chapter in the script by TPTB.

It sure seems like israel has been doing everything they can to push everyone's buttons.

It also seems like israel has less worldwide backing than ever.

It may soon be the end of israel if they keep acting like they are actually a super power.

A super power might just show them how little they really are, ESPECIALLY if they loose American backing, as without it, they ARE nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

It won't be the end of Israel. But it will be the end of those who turn their backs on Israel.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

It won't be the end of Israel. But it will be the end of those who turn their backs on Israel.

LOL, care to explain why, or are you just taught that?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

yep what he said.^^^^^

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

if you didnt get it theres no point explaining it to you.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Is that some form of threat?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't mind explaining at all. Just a few points that need clarification. I don't care if you believe or not. If you are an atheists, or a "God-hater" nothing I say will do any thing except start another arguement about a stupid people are to believe in the Bible and Israel's place in end-times prophecy. I'm not going to quote chapter and verse. I'm at work and don't have a bible handy.
God stated that when Israel was re-established as a state, that she would be under his protection. Any country who "blessed" Israel(supported them) God would bless. Any country who cursed Israel, God would curse.

Israel will not be invaded and defeated. Even if you remove the God factor, Israel has something people tend to forget. Israel has nuclear weapons, if the destruction of Israel seems likely, they well excercise the "Samson Option" which will effectively destroy the middle ease, including the state of Israel. You see, the Jews take the slogan "Never again" quite seriously.

This is not something I was just "taught." I do my research, I study, and I can tell you based on what I am seeing in the news, catching on the web and in my community, that things are speeding up. Prophecies from many cultures are telling us that something big is coming down the road, and when it hits, it ain't gonna be pretty.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

All the more reason to post anti missile batteries around Israel. Not for their protection, but the protection of the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow is seems like Obama gets dumber every day. Trying to tell the chosen people what to do doesn't go well very long maybe he should bone up on his history or at least fix the cranial rectum insertion problem he seems to have.
When will people learn no one here can force peace in the middle east it just doen't happen. the best part is him telling them they can't build on their own land I'd be telling him to piss off.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Tough on Israel

Thursday, July 30, 2009

ONE OF THE MORE striking results of the Obama administration's first six months is that only one country has worse relations with the United States than it did in January: Israel. The new administration has pushed a reset button with Russia and sent new ambassadors to Syria and Venezuela; it has offered olive branches to Cuba and Burma. But for nearly three months it has been locked in a public confrontation with Israel over Jewish housing construction in Jerusalem and the West Bank. To a less visible extent, the two governments also have differed over policy toward Iran.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Beacuse Israel is always on the offensive, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Cuba, Russia, Venezuela, Syria... all have better relations with US now. Hmmm. Communist and Muslims have better relations with US now.

Very interesting. The very countries that have been either our enemies or thorns in our sides and who would love to see the US become a second world nation are suddenly nicer to us. It has got to make you wonder.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you treat Obama's actions as a chess move, there just might be some truth in these prophetic words of wisdom.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

It is a chess move, it's just not Obama that's deciding what moves to make. I don't know who's pulling his strings, but he is going to be wishing he had a pair scissors.
I'm willing to bet Israel bombs Iran sometime in October or November, and Obama and his Crew aren't going to have a clue what to do.
Me? I'm gonna head for the hills, although I don't think it will make much difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

This is not something I was just "taught." I do my research, I study, and I can tell you based on what I am seeing in the news, catching on the web and in my community, that things are speeding up. Prophecies from many cultures are telling us that something big is coming down the road, and when it hits, it ain't gonna be pretty.

Psst...
Get back to that studying sweet heart half those "chosen people" where brought over on AMERICAN boats when GERMANY lost the war! Most of whom where NOT Israel born or had even one family member from there. They had simply chosen to be Jewish and aligned themselves with all those so called "chosen people".
If you "really" want to study and get down to what has really happened you would find that there hasn't been a "chosen people" in Israel or any of the surrounding area for 100's of years +. There are VERY FEW people left in the area who are even from the original blood line's to start with!

Frankly if you are a "chosen people" wouldn't it be better to lead by example and show other's how to live by the book that you slam your hand on everyday? The same book that is constantly telling us to get along and treat each other with honesty, love and respect? Yeah chosen my butt, the only thing chosen in the whole lot is what they chose to adhere to on what day of the week they choose!

I don't think it is right to leave anyone hanging. BUT if you are going to continuously spout off and cause trouble for yourself at every turn, sooner rather than later you are going to be standing alone in the dark. Time's are changing finally and well people need to stop picking fights with everyone else period. Most all people who are not in a governmental body etc. have had it up to their eye balls with all the wars and needless blood shed. It is time to just stop and get over to a new page. The sooner everyone in the governments figures that out the better. Maybe those chosen people will finally decide to practice what they claim to preach and get everyone else to fall in line!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

From a general observation of Israels behavior my only question is chosen for what?

Each day it is becoming more difficult to believe in a God that behaves the way most religious describe and I mean that from all sides.

Christians, Jews, Muslims... they all can keep the God that they present as their master.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

Being that I AM Jewish, I want to clarify something about "The Chosen Ones".

We are not considered "Chosen" as a favorite people of GOD. We are considered "Chosen" because we were the first nation that CHOSE to accept GOD's laws as they were presented to us - 613 Commandments. And we were not the first people those laws were presented to. If the first people had accepted His laws, the Jews would not be called "The Chosen Ones".

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So are you suggesting that people of good conscience should blindly back Israel no matter what heinous crimes they commit against humanity? That they should be backed because they carry the elitist belief that they are 'special'?

Haven't you heard the saying about the Fool or the Fool who follows him?

IRM

[edit on 30/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I believe Israel has the right to exist. And I believe those countries that break their treaties will pay a price.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join