It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling Israel No: Obama's Bold Move

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght
You people are amazing. If some other country came and told your country who can live there and where you'd be INCENSED! You'd riot, rebel, and plead to other countries "please don't let this happen". Just like Israel is doing with THEIR country.

Agreed. It's a disgrace.

But that's okay, because people can feel comfortable with it and retain their smug moral superiority by telling themselves that Jews are not real Jews anyway, the holocaust didn't happen, and Israelis are the new Nazis. Oh and Gaza is the new Auschwitz, so it serves them right. And if you disagree with them, that makes you either a Zionist (like that's some kind of insult) or a baby killer.

Pathetic. At least Israel has a leader that stands up for his country, unlike the US!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

30 Jul 2009 10:40 am
Over the last week, the Economist tasked Daniel Levy and David Frum with debating whether President Obama is an "honest broker" in the peace process. Levy, who serves as director of the New America Foundation's Middle East Task Force ("task force" sounds so martial, but whatever), argues that Obama's no-nonsense handling of Israel is a refreshing -- and hopeful -- approach, while Frum, a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and a former speechwriter for George W. Bush, argues that Obama's role as mediator here is detrimental to Israel. The two do agree that, for better or worse, Obama's strategy and attitude is sharply different from Bush's, and perhaps from any president in recent American history. Here is a glimpse of their back and forth, the winner of which will be declared on Friday.
Is Obama Evenhanded?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good find, I'll give that a proper read when I've finished work

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Of course, Obama tells Israel no, and suddenly all the mainstream media start this birther issue. Prior to Obama's speech in Egypt, no one single whiff was being spoken about it. In fact, it was scoffed at and quietly put away. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

And as for all the small minds that think just because a country names itself after another nation in the bible that it's actually the same as that country, well, lol on you. The bible says the devil will disguise itself as angels, and that you'd know the difference between liars and men of God by their fruits.

Also, the bible specifically states that the Israelites should never remake Israel by force, or else they themselves would be set up for disaster. Tractate Ksubos, folio 111

Of course, such supposed fools that equate today's Israel as the same Israel in the bible probably can't even tell you which day to go to church.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

For you information, I probably spend more time watching and reading news from various sources than the average person would even consider possible. I don't get my news from the Bible and I don't read the Bible night and day. In fact, it's been a couple of years since I actually picked up a bible. However, I have read the Bible cover to cover several times, in several translations. More importantly I paid attention to, and absorbed what I read, thought about it, and looked at the historical facts, from the diaspora, on through history to the Balfor Declaration, and the founding of the state of Israel.
Can you say the same? I suggest you pull out the books, not just the bible and study.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by radio_for_peace
Of course, Obama tells Israel no, and suddenly all the mainstream media start this birther issue. Prior to Obama's speech in Egypt, no one single whiff was being spoken about it. In fact, it was scoffed at and quietly put away. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Also, the bible specifically states that the Israelites should never remake Israel by force, or else they themselves would be set up for disaster. Tractate Ksubos, folio 111

:

Can you translate your reference or tell me where I can locate it, because it is not in any of the Bibles that I have, at least not that I can find?

Of course the birthers start up again, except that they never went away. The media decided to use it as a diversion to keep the focus off the important issues.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
wtf most of the posts here sound r*tarded...."God gave me right" "Chosen one" lmao@@ get out of the basement.

I support Obama for his actions against Israel. This is a step in right direction. Israel wont bomb Iran if it knows US wont back it cuz so far Israel has only been able to survive from donation from other countries most importantly US, not mentioning the stealing of the tech from US/UK.
If the settlement issue doesnt stop US should put sanction against Israel.

Oh and good find OP

[edit on 3-8-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

Being that I AM Jewish, I want to clarify something about "The Chosen Ones".

We are not considered "Chosen" as a favorite people of GOD. We are considered "Chosen" because we were the first nation that CHOSE to accept GOD's laws

I thought the Zoroastrians were the first ones that were monotheists and they believed in God?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
First of all, Israel does not need the United States, they are a powerful force all on their own. The United States however, needs Israel as the wrath of God will come upon us if we don't support them in some way.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

OK I have to ask.....

Outside some Christian Fundamentalists views where is the proof for that?
Yes Yes. I know all about the biblical references and all.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Forgive me sort of quoting from the bible, but.......

Does it not say in the end times, all countries will abandon Israel...

When all seems lost and they are attacked from all sides, god will step in to save them.

(clearly that is not an exact quote, but I think you get the general idea)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

We are not considered "Chosen" as a favorite people of GOD. We are considered "Chosen" because we were the first nation that CHOSE to accept GOD's laws as they were presented to us - 613 Commandments. And we were not the first people those laws were presented to. If the first people had accepted His laws, the Jews would not be called "The Chosen Ones".

Wouldn't that be the decided ones then?

Chosen means he chose you, whether it's because you chose him first or not, you're now his chosen ones right?

What do chosen ones get that goyim don't?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

When all seems lost and they are attacked from all sides, god will step in to save them.

I believe that they way they are acting, they are doing nothing more then keeping self fulfilling prophecy.

Just as they were evicted from israel by THEIR OWN GOD, now they reside there again.

Wouldn't that be going completely against what their god wants?

Anyways, I think they are also trying to fulfill that prophecy too by acting like jackasses day in and day out.

They have lost so much backing worldwide it's amazing.

All it will take is one more "war" against a neighbor and they will lose what little backing they still have.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I believe that they way they are acting, they are doing nothing more then keeping self fulfilling prophecy.

Just as they were evicted from israel by THEIR OWN GOD, now they reside there again.

Wouldn't that be going completely against what their god wants?

Anyways, I think they are also trying to fulfill that prophecy too by acting like jackasses day in and day out.

They have lost so much backing worldwide it's amazing.

All it will take is one more "war" against a neighbor and they will lose what little backing they still have.

I completely disagree with you.

Um, it was not god, bur Romans that kicked them out......

As for god, his will be done and we know not why-perhaps it WAS his will to send them out and then bring them back... for whatever reason, who really knows?

They have not lost any backing besides the US and Obama's.
Everyone else is pretty much where they were before.

If there is another war, as usual, nothing will change.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

We are not considered "Chosen" as a favorite people of GOD. We are considered "Chosen" because we were the first nation that CHOSE to accept GOD's laws as they were presented to us - 613 Commandments.

Actually the first monotheist and believers of the one God were the Zoroastrians and not the Jews.

Interestingly your twist of the meaning of the term "The Chosen Ones" turns the meaning on its head and makes it more acceptable to the majority non-Chosen Ones.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

Masonwatcher - is that you?!?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Will this guarantee his assasination?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Do you believe Palestine does?

Palestine does exist, its called Jordan.

Do you believe that Israel are incapable of wrong doings?

Judging by what you write you believe Israel is incapable of right doings. Everyone makes mistakes.

Do you believe that all of Israels actions are rubber stamped by god?

Well the Muslims believe that all of their actions are rubber stamped by god. Why not for the Israelis.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

We are not considered "Chosen" as a favorite people of GOD. We are considered "Chosen" because we were the first nation that CHOSE to accept GOD's laws as they were presented to us - 613 Commandments. And we were not the first people those laws were presented to. If the first people had accepted His laws, the Jews would not be called "The Chosen Ones".

504: Purchase a Hebrew slave in accordance with the prescribed laws
596: Destroy all Canaanite Nations
597: Not to let any of them remain alive

It's the later two that really concerns me - that's IF this is still accepted as a current 'request from God'. Sounds like something the devil might ask.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
God has said that He will curse those that curse them. Israel only needs God, and God, being the only real superpower is enough. Obama, if he has any wisdom, will bless Israel and support them. The last US president to turn against Israel (Bush II) brought 35 hurricanes upon the United States destroying exactly 10 times what he forced Israel to surrender to it's enemies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join