It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason 32nd Degree Ritual

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In my Lodge we have peopleof the Jewish , Christain and Moslem faith.The Lodge was founded by the Jewish community in Edinburghand when the Lodge is meeting we are a very happy band of Brothers. We do not discuss politics or religion.These activities have a place out of the Lodge.

Gerard O'Donnell

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If only more people were as tolerant as the Freemasons

Gerard

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Gerard]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Gerard]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by MrNECROS

As for fighting the "forces of evil"? Maybe you should try fighting the "forces of ignorance" first.
They seem to have taken over your life.

You freemason Luciferians that totally dominate this abovetopsecret page make me sick.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
If only more people were as tolearant as the Freemasons

Gerard

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Gerard]

Wow that is a self gratifying remark. Once again you guys have ruined a perfectly good post. How�s that for being tolerant. But I need not don't need to get in a heated argument with you guys because actions speak louder then words. This thread has been totally engulfed with pointless gibberish from people that are very intolerant of people that have differing view points of your organization!

Get back on topic, cease this pointless gibbering.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
This thread has been totally engulfed with pointless gibberish from people that are very intolerant of people that have differing view points of your organization!

I don't think a group of men defending the honor of their fraternity from people who seek to spread lies is "pointless gibberish".

Go back and read the original links posted by MrNECROS and then tell me what is sooooo wrong with it? Kudos to the Freemasons for sticking to their guns here. Necros presented his links and - honestly- I still don't know what his point was. He posted a ritual that is over 100 years old and what? What was his point? The Masons immediately responded to his post with facts and more references and explained that while the ritual may have been accurate when it was written, it is no longer in use, hence invalid.

The pointless gibberish here is people insisting that they know more about Freemasonry than Freemasons. Go back and check the posts. Read them carefully then tell me who is spouting gibberish.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I get the impression you need to be a freemason to have a open mind and see humans as equal regardless of labels.

That is of course not true. Its good you follow these ways don't get me wrong, but saying you wish everyone was as tolorant as freemasons implies you need to be a mason to think with an open mind.

Anyway this thread is done now I think. Nothing special with Masons, just people being tolorant and brotherly whilst on a quest for enlightenment.
which most of us do without the aprons and flip rings.

BTW, when are the Masons going to give another present like the Statue of Liberty to a govenment again?? that was some present for an organisation such as yourselfs....no?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have posted a copy of the 32nd Degree ritual to allow discussion on it.
I also linked to a site that has a full text version of the rite.
So far no one has actually discussed the rite or posted any additional resources for it yet, we have a couple of hundred postings in the thread all of which seem to be directed at me rather than the topic along with a multitude of self expressed opions all of which are completely unsubstantiated by ANY material whatsoever that basically say that everything I've posted is somehow deliberately misleading, ignorant etc... Heaven forbid anyone actually posting the correct material if what I'm presenting is untrue (it isn't.)
As far as the ritual being over 100 years old - well yes it is.
The Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite is supposed to carry the same lessons in guidance and leadership today as it did throughout its history (supposedly.)
I'm pretty sure even the Freemasons say this.
Thats why it's called Ancient & Accepted.
Do you seriously think that if it had changed significantly in this time that it would still carry the same name and use the same regalia and symbols as it does today?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

[I]Originally posted by MrNECROS[/I]

�So far no one has actually discussed the rite or posted any additional resources for it yet, we have a couple of hundred postings in the thread all of which seem to be directed at me rather than the topic along with a multitude of self expressed opions all of which are completely unsubstantiated by ANY material whatsoever that basically say that everything I've posted is somehow deliberately misleading, ignorant etc... Heaven forbid anyone actually posting the correct material if what I'm presenting is untrue (it isn't.)

Well, how about these just for starters:

[I]Originally posted by Masonic Light[/I]

�Descriptions of the ceremonies of this Degree, and commentaries thereon, can be found in the following books:

�A Bridge To Light� by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens, 33�, G.C.
�The Magnum Opus� by Albert Pike, 33�
�Clausen�s Commentaries On Morals and Dogma� by Henry C. Clausen, 33�
�Vested In Glory: The Regalia of the Scottish Rite� by Dr. Jim Tresner, 33�, G.C.
�Mackey�s Encyclopedia of Freemasonry� by Albert G. Mackey, 33�

A comparison of the ritual posted by �Mr. Necros� with the descriptions of the actual degree ritual illustrates the fundamental differences, as well as why uninformed non-Masons like Necros have difficulty separating fact from fiction, and understanding Freemasonry.

Sounds pretty relevant to me.

[I]Originally posted by Mirthful Me[/]
What you have come upon is the basic stage setting, including costume and makeup, list of characters, and outline of the 32nd degree which is communicated by performing a play! A skit! A staged reenactment of Masonic lore. Sherlock you're not, because there are far more interesting aspects of Freemasonry than what you choose to dwell upon.

Again, I believe he is referring to the original topic.

And wait a sec, what�s this?!?!

As mentioned, anyone who wants a description of the 32� initiation ceremony as practiced in the Mother Jurisdiction need only read Dr. Hutchens� �A Bridge To Light�, which gives details of all the rites from the 4� to the 32�. The book is given as a gift to all new 32� Masons, but is available to the general public for 10 bucks.
I am very familiar with Brother McLenachan�s book. I own a personal copy, and we have 3 or 4 copies in our Lodge library. But there�s a few things you don�t seem to understand about the Scottish Rite.
Firstly, McLenachan�s Obedience was the Supreme Council of England, which operates independently from the Mother Council. The English ritual of the Scottish Rite is used only in the UK, not in any other country.
Secondly, McLenachan�s descriptions do not completely match the ritual used today in England. In his day, the degrees were not actually conferred in ceremonial form, they existed only on paper. A 3� Mason who was approved for membership in the Rite was given the 32� by proclamation, and then they gave him the rituals to study. The rituals described by Bro. McLenachan were never actually staged.

Is that discussion about the original topic? OMG!
One more�

Unlike yourself, I haven�t cut and pasted anything. I�ve patiently explained the hierarchy, ritual, and statutes of the Scottish Rite, and have given references to the official books and statutes of the Order. You, on the other hand, have apparently read one book that is over a century old, and believe you know what you�re talking about, although every Scottish Rite Mason on this board has had to correct you.
To back up your arguments, you have been unable to reference current rules, regulations, and rituals, but keep going back to Bro. McLenachan�s book, which was never even adopted as official. If you wish to continue this debate, you must familiarize yourself with today�s official Scottish Rite Masonry, which anyone can do by reading he books I�ve already mentioned, along with �Forms and Traditions of the Scottish Rite� by C. Fred Kleinknecht, 33�, Past Grand Commander, which supercedes all books of Forms and Traditions in the Mother Jurisdiction that were previously adopted by the Supreme Council.

The Official Books of the Mother Supreme Council (which detail ritual, and explain statutes and laws) can be purchased here: www.srmason-sj.org... and here: www.srmason-sj.org...

As anyone who can read can see, the topic was discussed, in depth, references were provided, and what�s more, ML provided current information! Keep trying if you want to NECROS, but I think you are fighting a losing battle, and I don�t think anyone is impressed by you as much as annoyed. Good luck with your Trolling.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Seems to think there is something nefariousin the rites. You have wasted a lot of your time copying and posting them, when what you redid has been posted for some time. Its hardly a secret.

So, now that we have addressed your posting, provided information on them, provided proof that they are not in current use, and answered your question about the symbols and such, is there a point you wish to make, or did you seriously think posting what is already widely available to the public would make some kind of prima facie case?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is becoming obvious that the person known as Mr Necross has a problem with the Freemasons.Only he will know why he hates the Freemasons. He has been told by many Freemasons and non Freemasons that they are not planning to control the World, worship Satan, drink the blood of young babies...... I am proud to be a Freemason and see no reason to accept the hate that is posted by Mr Necross. I suggest that we ignore him unless he posts new statements about Freemasonsry.

Gerard O'Donnell

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The links provided my Masonic Lite and co. (ignoring the ones to toy companies and the like...) are not pointers to text, diagrammes, etc... they are just the titles of some books (one or two of which I own anyway) and none of which contain the level of detail of the 2 links I made available.
Would the Freemason known as Axeman please go elsewhere, the only "profane" he is fooling is his own roleplayed character.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The links provided my Masonic Lite and co. (ignoring the ones to toy companies and the like...) are not pointers to text, diagrammes, etc... they are just the titles of some books (one or two of which I own anyway) and none of which contain the level of detail of the 2 links I made available.
Would the Freemason known as Axeman please go elsewhere, the only "profane" he is fooling is his own roleplayed character.

Yet again we have another attack on Freemasonry by a person who has a hatered of Freemasonry and Freemasons. There are some people in this world who can only see bad in others and seem to enjoy discussing this badness. There are many Freemasons on this site who have given their opinion on your spin of Freemasonry and shown that you are wrong. You are not a Freemason and you will never know what happens in Freemasonry.All you can post is your opinions which lack substance. You have been accused of Trolling and I think that is a fair title.I suggest you take up another hobby, go and see football,learn a foreign language or some other hobby of your own choice.

Instead of trying to save the world from these alledgedly wicked Freemasons whom you believe are part of the Great World Conspiracy; do something more constructive with your spare time. As a Freemason who is always willing to help people in need I can tell you that helping your brother or sister is the right thing to do. It makes the world a much better place to live in.

Gerard

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here's an idea. How about we change this section of the board to the ranting & bickering section of the board. That way Freemasons vs. anti-masonry wouldn't have ridicules thing getting in there way like for example staying on topic.

Back & fourth it goes where it stops does anyone really know?

[edit on 18-7-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Quote: "Guys, I don't like the word "Profane". Can we not use it... please?"

Well how about the word "VULGAR" - how is that Leveller? Personally - I seem to have become attached to the term. It comes in handy when describing the posts of *Profane Vulgarian Trolls* such as "Mr. Necros"!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for putting this book online MrNecros i will have a read

Charles T McClenechan's "Book of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (1884)"

www.freemasonry101.org.uk...

It will be interesting to read, i have been directed to this 7 page thread from this locked thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The posting style in this 7 page thread is all over the place

[edit on 13-3-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Punnisher,
Yes, I've asked that the proper thread be re-opened.
This one came about because Masonic Lite was going on about the 32nd Degree being about "Crowning a Magus" and other nonsenses so I copied parts of the book and put it on my old ADSL webspace etc...there isn't much of a coherent thread here, its just one bunch of BS after another as I posted page after page from the book to dispel each "mistake" in turn.
If I had been able to get the book up in one go then they wouldn't have been able to shoot themselves in the foot so many times, but that wasn't the reason why I did it that way...it just happened - hence the mess.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I posted page after page from the book to dispel each "mistake" in turn.
If I had been able to get the book up in one go then they wouldn't have been able to shoot themselves in the foot so many times, but that wasn't the reason why I did it that way...it just happened - hence the mess.

You've dispelled absolutely nothing. You've been told time and time again that the book is only relevant to a small part of Freemasonry in a particular time period yet you completely ignore this fact.
It's strange how one moment you will jump from literature to literature and proclaim each one to be the authoratitive word, whilst never even taking the slightest notice of your own contradiction.

That said, it is an interesting piece of work. The only shame is that you can't understand it and that your only interest in it is to use it as a weapon for your ignorance.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Leveller - what?! so you STILL believe that this a copy of the Cearnue Rite, McClenechan was English and that the 32nd Degree does not revolve around the initiation of a Novice into the Order Knights Templar....etc....
Amazing you can type English...but you can't seem to read it....or maybe you just choose not to read it.

You make Alex Kennedy (now known as "banned member") look open minded...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You make Alex Kennedy (now known as "banned member") look open minded...

I suppose that in you world of drug induced hallucinations, exploding #houses, canine laxitives and general elusiveness of reality, Alex is known as a "banned member".
To the rest of us though, we can still use the Search function here on ATS and see that he was never banned. My guess is that he got tired of the tidal wave of bs emanating from certain members of this forum and decided to go elsewhere. Obviously, we have yet another one of your attempts to cast aspersions on a person with whom you disagree. Obviously, you have failed yet again.

As for your accusations that you make against me regarding the book? Quote one passage where I have stated those words.

Oh? You can't? What a suprise.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

that basically say that everything I've posted is somehow deliberately misleading, ignorant etc...

NO where would anyone get that idea?

had any toilets blown up recently?

as to the author being english so what. many of the English Monarchs were not
English. Hanover,Saxe-Coburg, and Plantagenet come to mind for a start.
people do have a habit of moving around.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join