It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason 32nd Degree Ritual

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Post a link, Project_pisces. Or delete the post.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Ah, ok. Here, nothing is allowed to be written, and both the Ritual and Catechism can be communicated only verbally.

Fiat Lvx.

The card is literally a copy of the specific passage in the ritual book. There are blanks which the candidate needs to fill in.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
And again you fail to answer a question that should be obvious even to a child.
You HAVE NOT posted a reply to this very straightforward question but to call you a liar is unnecessary.

Let me get this right, you are now claiming that Charles T McClenechan's �Book of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite (1884)� is a fake?

Which still does not explain (sigh...again...), if the ritual as I have posted it is not the REAL thing, then why is its regalia and tracing board ("The Camp") EXACTLY the same as the one on a REAL apron?

I don't know if it's been pointed out (because I can't follow EVERY post...) but Charles T. McClenechan's "Book of the Anc. & Accepted Scottish Rite" isn't a "RITUAL" at all...and anything posted from it isn't a "Ritual" That's a Monitor...a book of the "exoteric" (non-secret) portions of a ritual. This "Monitor" was for the rituals of the A&ASR of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction as they existed at that time. The rituals of that jurisdiction have been altered so must that CTM's book is not even accurate anymore (even though it's an interesting reference...and a beautifully bound and printed book....I have two of them).

Just thought I'd point that out...if it's helpful then so be it...if not....well, it didn't cost you anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is for all 32nd degree Freemasons. I am interested in knowing the practical purpose of your knowledge. How does it assist you in life on a daily basis? Of course I'm not speaking in terms of fellowship. I'm looking more for a practical application of the mysteries.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, that would depend on the individual Mason. You see, the purpose of the degrees altogether, is to teach a man to be a better man... it sounds trite, but all great truths do... until you start inclulcating them into your life.

Join, take the degrees, then come back in two years and tell US what practical use those degrees have been to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I agree with Theron. Freemasonry is extremely practical if one applies the teachings of the Fraternity to daily life.
Otherwise, Masonry is a waste of words.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I agree with Theron. Freemasonry is extremely practical if one applies the teachings of the Fraternity to daily life.
Otherwise, Masonry is a waste of words.

Fiat Lvx.

I'll step in here and say "ditto" to the last two posts. Masonry, while it is intended to benefit mankind as a whole...does so by benefiting the indivitual...who, in turn, is to benefit mankind. One may read about Masonry (including its rituals/ceremonials..etc.) and perhaps gain a better understanding of it...but one has to truly "experience" Masonry before it can ever benefit him. That's the only real "secret" that Masonry holds. Sure, we have some pass-words, signs, grips, etc....but that is NOT Masonry. Masonry is in the heart of the individual and it can NEVER be told....experience is the only way to truly understand and appreciate it. ...and in this same light...Masonry is NOT for every man.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Looks like I've hit a nerve somewhere - there is nearly a whole page of off topic discussion and filibustering.

My apologies that I haven�t been able to post the full book yet but I need to set up some commercial web space, which may take a little time.

If by chance there are any non-masons reading this thread then it must seem odd to them how people are banging on about some obscure French Rite etc�and insinuating that �The Past Grand Master of Ceremonies for the Mother Supreme Council� has managed to spend seven years of his life writing a thesis for �those who wish to study the higher walks of Freemasonry� accidentally using the term, the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite several hundred times in the book when he meant to say Cernaeu Rite or other such nonsense.
Although I posted the History section from the book almost immediately after the 32nd Degree description, I am linking to them here for the sake of clarity.
Please read the 8-10 or so pages and then look back at the ridiculous nonsense posted by the self-appointed experts in this thread and have a bit of a chuckle.
users.tpg.com.au...
Incidentally in the 14th degree it is revealed that there are in fact 2 perfect ashlars in any lodge, for the rough ashlar contains a perfect ashlar not yet revealed.
The true difference between the rough and the perfect ashlars is that one still holds it secrets although to the untrained and ignorant it appears to be indistinguishable from a rough and unbalanced stone (which has no place within a lodge.)

Take that however you like it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Looks like I've hit a nerve somewhere - there is nearly a whole page of off topic discussion and filibustering.

My apologies that I haven�t been able to post the full book yet but I need to set up some commercial web space, which may take a little time.

If by chance there are any non-masons reading this thread then it must seem odd to them how people are banging on about some obscure French Rite etc�and insinuating that �The Past Grand Master of Ceremonies for the Mother Supreme Council� has managed to spend seven years of his life writing a thesis for �those who wish to study the higher walks of Freemasonry� accidentally using the term, the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite several hundred times in the book when he meant to say Cernaeu Rite or other such nonsense.
Although I posted the History section from the book almost immediately after the 32nd Degree description, I am linking to them here for the sake of clarity.
Please read the 8-10 or so pages and then look back at the ridiculous nonsense posted by the self-appointed experts in this thread and have a bit of a chuckle.
users.tpg.com.au...
Incidentally in the 14th degree it is revealed that there are in fact 2 perfect ashlars in any lodge, for the rough ashlar contains a perfect ashlar not yet revealed.
The true difference between the rough and the perfect ashlars is that one still holds it secrets although to the untrained and ignorant it appears to be indistinguishable from a rough and unbalanced stone (which has no place within a lodge.)

Take that however you like it.

MR NECROS

I don't see that a nerve has been hit. Fact remains Chas. T. McClenachan's "Book of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite" was a Monitor (exoteric portions of ritual) for the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction (a Jurisdiction plagued with "Cerneauism" and other schism from it's beginning) and NOT the so-called "Mother Supreme Council" (the Southern Jurisdiction) What you've posted from CTM's book is not only NOT secret...it's no longer current. The NMJ has revised it's rituals continuously for many years. So much so that they barely resemble the rituals of other Supreme Councils (even those of the SJ in Washington DC) You've exposed no "secrets" There ARE no secrets in Masonry....except what it means in a Masons' heart. Nothing else. Signs, Grips, Ceremonies...mean nothing to those who hold them unlawfully. This has been proven time and time again by various people who've printed exposures, etc. CTM's book could be purchased by ANYONE when it was printed. It's getting rare today and a good clean copy sells for over $200.00 on Advanced Book Exchange....again, where ANYONE can purchase it.

Want to see the 32nd Degree Ritual of the NMJ? Here it "was" This is not the most current version because it was revised in 2003...but this is on an internet site from the Netherlands, for ANYONE to see. Nope it's not authorized...but the 'net' is famous for that. And as a ritual collector and a Mason I'll not deny...it's authentic. See how it sizes up to CTM's version. There'll be similarities.

www.stelling.nl...

Now can we discuss something intelligent instead of arguing about something that was printed in the late 19th Century and is no longer current"

Regards,

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OK so maybe I'm missing something, but I am a non-Mason, and reading what you posted did not make me chuckle, except for trying to figure out just what your problem is. I read nothing in any of the links you posted in this thread that would give me ANY cause for concern at all!!! As a matter of fact, it just amplifies my curiosity and reinforces my feeling that Freemasonry is exactly what I now believe it is - which, incidentally, is precisely what these guys are here day in, day out trying to impress on people like you!

So answer me a question MrNECROS, honestly. What, exactly, is your problem with Freemasonry?

I think the following - a quote from the very link you posted - pretty much sums it up for me...

In 1868 This exalted Rite is in full tide of prosperity
and healthful progress; it's sublime teachings find a ready
response in every Masonic heart; fraternal association
binds man to his fellow, and the profane world may recieve
a lesson of wisdom and humanity through a careful observance
of its beautiful precepts.

source: users.tpg.com.au...

If modern Freemasonry is anything like what is written about in the links you posted, tell me, how is this a bad thing?

[edit on 7/10/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Masons as a whole tend to be men of good character at least so in my lodge and those that I have had the good fortune to attend here in Mississippi.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

I'll step in here and say "ditto" to the last two posts. Masonry, while it is intended to benefit mankind as a whole...does so by benefiting the indivitual...who, in turn, is to benefit mankind. One may read about Masonry (including its rituals/ceremonials..etc.) and perhaps gain a better understanding of it...but one has to truly "experience" Masonry before it can ever benefit him. That's the only real "secret" that Masonry holds. Sure, we have some pass-words, signs, grips, etc....but that is NOT Masonry. Masonry is in the heart of the individual and it can NEVER be told....experience is the only way to truly understand and appreciate it. ...and in this same light...Masonry is NOT for every man.

Damn Senrak, I think this post has been the best explanation of the benefits and purposes of all fraternal organizations that I have ever heard. Masonry may not be for every man, but I feel like there is (X) fraternal organization out there that is a perfect fit for (Y) individual. You just have to go and find it and use its tools to your benefit and in doing so benefit society.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickwilly95991

Damn Senrak, I think this post has been the best explanation of the benefits and purposes of all fraternal organizations that I have ever heard. Masonry may not be for every man, but I feel like there is (X) fraternal organization out there that is a perfect fit for (Y) individual. You just have to go and find it and use its tools to your benefit and in doing so benefit society.

Slickwilly95991,

Thanks. I think that "sums it up nicely" But sadly, there will always be outsiders like MrNecros and his ilk at freemasonwatch.com who are either a: misinformed yet well-meaning, b:, delusional and paranoid or c: (pardon the expression) "#-stirrers" C, by the way, is my personal favorite explanation of those folks.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Look, MrNecros is harmless... he is a legend in his own MIND, and what he posts is just a show of ignorance. The Holy Bible can be twisted and warped to evil ends as well, by men of warped and evil... like David Koresh and Jim Jones.

So, evil sees evil. MrNecros has never had a nice thing to say about anything, and I expect he sees evil in the good men of masonry because what he sees is filtered through his own personal challenges.

Its sad, but really, guys like him really help masonry. As was noted above, the links that he posts are manna to the curious, who read it and see the truth, that Masonry IS what it claims, and then seek to join.

Thank you MrNecros!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How does one start to respond to so much irrelevant noise, on this page I have got some one telling me to read a website that I actually posted a link to at the beginning of the thread, some rather thinly veiled Freemason trying to pretend he is an independent third party and a general kafuffle of people who don't appear to have read the links that I have posted.
I�ve now got someone saying that the whole of the Northern Jurisdiction in 1884 was so overrun with corruption that the rituals & monitors I�m posting are completely irrelevant.
I would not have thought this statement to be at all flattering to the cult.
Before jumping around and slagging off this book, at least read the pages I�ve so far posted.
I don�t get paid to do this and it has taken me considerable time to scan, crop, straighten and publish the pages of this book.
What is my objection to Freemasonry?
Personally I'm a bit miffed by being drugged senseless and having a bunch of neo-pagan loonies try to brainwash me into one of their own and then spending the last 3 years trying to silence/destroy me.
On the greater scale of things, the existence of a secret religious society that believes that cowardice, deceit and trickery are the cornerstones of "leadership" is not only immoral but dangerously self destructive.

Please attempt to stay on topic, I�d appreciate if someone other than myself would provide actual resources to this thread, opinions are like arseholes � everyone has got one.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
arnt the freemasons the ones who want the new world order?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

...some rather thinly veiled Freemason trying to pretend he is an independent third party...

I don't know if you are referring to me but if you are I assure you I am not a Mason...

Personally I'm a bit miffed by being drugged senseless and having a bunch of neo-pagan loonies try to brainwash me into one of their own and then spending the last 3 years trying to silence/destroy me.

I don't follow. A Freemason drugged you and tried to brainwash you? Sound like a good story - do tell!

On the greater scale of things, the existence of a secret religious society that believes that cowardice, deceit and trickery are the cornerstones of "leadership" is not only immoral but dangerously self destructive.

I have read nothing that suggest to me that cowardice, trickery, and deceit have anything to do with Freemasonry other than the fact that they (Freemasons) teach men the value of the polar opposites of these qualities. All the Masons I have had the pleasure of talking to have been very polite and open with me when I had questions about their fraternity. I just don't see the nefarious "dark side" you seem so intent on proving exists. I did read the links you posted, and like I said, if anything it just made me want to have the opportunity to participate.

I think you are looking too hard for something that just isn't there.

Please attempt to stay on topic, I�d appreciate if someone other than myself would provide actual resources to this thread, opinions are like arseholes � everyone has got one.

You forgot to add that they all stink. Except yours, of course.

No seriously, you posted the links, I read them, I come with my feedback. How is this straying off topic?

If what you have posted is the best you can do, you are fighting a losing battle. C'mon, MrNECROS, give me something juicy... What is it about the 32nd degree ritual, or the history links you posted that bothers you so much? I have read them a few times now, and I'm just not seeing where this is a bad thing. I'm trying to see your side, but I just can't. It all seems very reverent to me... What am I missing NECROS?

[edit on 7/11/04 by The Axeman]

[edit on 7/12/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
and all they did was make me want to join the Scottish Rite sooner than later. I have been putting it off until after my year as master, but now you have me thinking I should do it now...

Thanks, by the way. Even though the ritual is not relevant, it is interesting and makes me want more.

by the way, no one said anything abou the northern jurisdiction being full of corruption...

And thanks for posting the link, I found it a very interesting read.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Silencing you wouldn't be a bad thing. Then perhaps we wouldn't have to read any more of your slanderous lies.

What I don't get is how you expect anyone to believe that you were forced to join masonry. The whole point of freemasonry is FREEWILL.
There has not been a single case, ever, of a man being forced into masonry. If a man has to be coerced to join, he will not make a good freemason. He will not be able to think for himself - and thinking for yourself is what it is all about. You've actually tried to prove your argument with a massive paradox - shame on you for shoving your foot so deeply into your mouth.

Of course, thinking for yourself does look to be a problem for you, as we can see by your regurgitation of the hate agendas of sites such as freemasonwatch. Sorry dude, nobody would have forced you into joining masonry - we simply don't want your kind. You have nothing to offer and nothing to give. We look for honest, upright men, who want to join us of their own freewill. Now I'm not one to judge, but you clearly fail in the honesty stakes and as I've already said, you seem to be lacking the ability to think for yourself too.

"Drugged senseless and brainwashed". As you're already senseless and clearly don't have much of a brain to wash, I wouldn't think that even the most far out, desperate for members group, would bother taking on such a small task. You're clearly the victim of your own paranoid delusions and nobody else's.

It seems that you have been beaten down so many times before when you have posted your hate, that you have now resorted to even more outlandish claims. I'm waiting for the human sacrifices and the alien slavery angles to come from you next. Why not just crawl back under your rock? At least there, you'll be amongst friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I�ve now got someone saying that the whole of the Northern Jurisdiction in 1884 was so overrun with corruption that the rituals & monitors I�m posting are completely irrelevant.
[snip]

I never said that the NMJ was "so overrun with corruption that the rituals & monitors" are "completely irrelevant." What I said WAS the Rituals & Monitor you've posted are not CURRENT. Do you know what CURRENT means? They're not ACCURATE. COmpare them to the link I posted of the more recent 32nd Degree. The NMJ has CONSTANTLY REVISED their rituals to the extent that what they were doing in the late 19th Century bears little or no resemblance to what they are calling "Degrees" today. The SJ doesn't do this as much and many of their degrees are still quite similar to what they were in Pike's day, but even today there is a recently released set of SJ rituals entitled "Revised Standard Pike Rituals." ...so Pike's Monitors (called "Liturgy of the A&ASR") are NOT (NOT NOT NOT) current.

As to being drugged etc. You must not have joined real Freemasonry. Sounds like some of Aleister Crowley's off-the-wall whacko group. I'd sue if I were you.

Oh, and thank you for the time you spent scanning, cropping, straightening, folding, ironing and pasting CTM's "Book of the Ancient & Accepted Rite" It's been available as public domain on-line for several years. ...I guess someone should have told you.

I hope this post clears up my positition for you MrNecros, it's my last response to any of the rediculous things you post.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join