It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama. What do you think so far?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

You still believe voting means something ? Or that "the ordinary man with no connections can become president" ?

video.google.com...

16min 45 sec into the video for the ordinary guy trying to candidate.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think he is an even bigger disaster than anyone thought he would be at this point.

I mean cmon, he appointed an admitted communist as the "Green Jobs Czar".

His reasoning? Who knows, he will never tell.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What do I think?

He is in waaay over his head and naive in foreign affairs and lacks domestic leadership. He comes from the entitlement class, he's never held a real job and has been gifted an education. He is arrogant. He flat out lied to his voters by implying that he had good intentions and continues to lie even while in office, as if he feels he needs to stay on the campaign trail to keep that momentum. His real adgenda is darker. He really does want to fundamentally change this country,,,not for the better but rather for what he invisions through his fairly radical mindset.
He is a real deal progressive and a far cry from from your fathers Democrat.

In the end picture Jimy Carter V. 2.0 only many times worse.

As far as being the first black prez...well I'm glad we got that part of history out of the way, the implications speak for themselves. I'm just sorry this guy has to be "their first representative" in the Oval Office. Unfortunately, It wont end up being a very distinguished footnote in "black history." And thats too bad.

Well that pretty much sums it up for me...LOL!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
He's been handed a bucket of sh^%$! by the repubs and they want him to make diamonds out of it. He can't, no one can so now no one listens to anything he says. It's basically just repubs and media trying to catch him slipping up then they talk about that non stop. My prediction tomorrow is that the first dog will poop on the lawn and Obama will forget to collect it. This will be a national scandal that fox news runs with 24x7 for the next 3 days. USA makes me sick. Everyone deserves what they are about to get. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

Well, let me say this about that comment. The left bashed Bush for many things...The War was at least 50% of the main bashing...the other 50% was for his spending, and the "Republicans" spending.
In the later years Repubs catered and pandered to the liberal controlled congress so much so that they basically started practicing liberal policies. (which is what P/Oed conservitive voters nationwide.) Thats when the economic problems started ramping up. Also, the seed of the "housing crisis" was planted under Clinton and was cultivated by liberals in control of Freddie and Fannie over the years.
Blame the bucket of sh^%$ on Bush all you want. But here's the irony....Liberals bashed Bush and other Republicans for what amounts to practicing liberal policies that actually caused the problems!!!! Thats funny!!.....NOW THEN they expect to fix things by practicing even MORE liberal policies! LOL!!! Some great stuff right there, you cant make that up.

Heres some more irony for ya..The same people who guided Freddie and Fannie into trouble are now in charge to fix it??? LOL!!!!!

Wow...just wow. I still think its hillarious that liberals bashed Bush for being..well...liberal. On a serious note...just goes to show, liberal policies dont work, even when conservatives try them.

He campaigned that we must look forward and stop the politics as usual...but it seems he likes to look back and point fingers (politics as usual).
What ever the mess, whoever caused it..its his now.

And youre are right about one thing...we got no one to blame but ourselves...at least blame the ones who voted for Obama and the other progressives..shame on you for believing the hype and not being able to see through it. Next time, we must do better.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Daytomann]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks like more and more people are agreeing with me to some extent ..

From Zogby

Obama approval rating at % 45.3

President Barack Obama's popularity has plummeted to a record low, with just 45 percent of voters now approving of his performance, according to the latest Zogby International poll.

Asked whether they approve or disapprove of the president's job performance, just 45.3 percent of likely voters say they approve. That compares with 50.5 percent who disapprove of the job Obama is doing.

Of greatest concern to Obama may well be his decline among all-important independent voters. Just 37.5 percent of self-identified independents say they approve of how Obama is handling the presidency. That compares with 59.2 percent of independents who disapprove.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by AngelHeart
My problem with him is that he makes too many concessions to appease both sides.

What concessions has Obama made to appease republicans?

Well, that's part of the problem. Republicans can't be appeased.

He had enormous political capital and he's wasting it. Instead of going on an all out push for a national single payer health system, like his liberal base wants, he's allowed congress to propose modest reforms and look how the republicans have reacted.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daytomann
Also, the seed of the "housing crisis" was planted under Clinton and was cultivated by liberals in control of Freddie and Fannie over the years.

I'll ignore you're blatantly partisan post, and focus on this quote.

Clinton obviously shouldn't have signed off on the repeal of Glass-Steagall; but look at who crafted that plan. And look at who's name shows up on the list of McCain's economic advisers.

Partisan ideologues disgust me.

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
In my opinion, Obama showed himself to be racisist when he said he didn't have all the facts, but the pocie acted stupidly in arresting Gates.
I beleive that racisim will continue to come to the forefront, and will worsen.

So, are you saying that the police didn't act stupidly by arresting somebody for breaking into his own house? Or are you suggesting that people shouldn't defend their constitutional rights (which is basically why Gates was arrested, and also why charges were not pressed)? If we were talking about Plaxico Burress, then I'd see your point. But in regards to the Gates case, it's obvious that both parties acted like absolute retards, and made life more difficult for themselves (and, were rewarded by being among the few who have drank beer at the White House).

[edit on 23-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
snake oil and Tom Foolery

2nd line

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

My thoughts are that Obama is a good President and I hope he can do more and more good things. I think he took office when things were really bad and that is tough for anyone.

You need to get some sleep girl, its 3:26 AM.

Those are my thoughts, hehehehehehe.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'd think he was ok if he would stop apologizing and giving away the damned store!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think america has had the two worst leaders imaginable in there last two presidents. i.e george bush and now obama, useless is not the ideal word, but they are worse, lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think america has had the two worst leaders imaginable in there last two presidents. i.e george bush and now obama, useless is not the ideal word, but they are worse, lol.

Obama? Okay I'll agree with.,,,However, Bush? Hmmm, I'll go (so far out on a lib, I'm reaching for a twig just to hold my weight).

Okay, I'm so effin sick of you asswipes, yeah you who pretend to have AMERICA, and her best interests at heart. (SERIUOSLY, you are ALL just trying to be pc. Enough of PC, I'm sick and tired of PC! PC will be our demise, time for real world seriousness) if not at ATS (and here's where I'm putting my $$ on ATS - 'cause I really can't afford this, but will pay for it, if I have to)...then I'll be happy to sponsor another opinionblogoshot. My dime, I just wanna be sure that we're all heard.

Next, answer this...WHAT would Obama have done, in tbe immediate days following Katrina? (Please DO NOT FORGET that the National Guard was 100% controlled by state officialsm as well as FEMA). hmmm? Oh, wait...what was it that Governor of LA did, on the day of, amd after, the the trajedy we call Katrina? OH THATS RIGHT, he brought in a federally funded helicopter for quick escavation of his in-laws (you see? he and his immediate family were already out of harms way. it wasn't until WAY after they were 'safe and sound', that he sent in a HELO (with strict demands to ignore the calls for help on the ground) to gather his IN-LAWS. (he,hee...he must feel the same way about his in-laws that most of us do....unfortunately, most of us put our fellow citizen in a higher regard)

and btw...

No! America HAS NOT had the WORST two presidents....before I go on, let me ask a few questions...

Had 9/11 happened on OBAMA's watch....YOU (American people...YOU! Tell me, what would he have done. I don't give a flying phuck what he was doing on that day....I DEMAND that you...YOU, AMERICAN, you tell me what in god (or allah's) name would Obama have done? Seriously? Answer this seriously.

BTW, unless you can show me undeniable proof that Bush threw American under the bus (intentionally), then I'll just assume that you have fallen victim, like most have, to George Soros and his ilk.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think he's just as much of a lying piece of crap as the lying piece of crap who came before him.

I hope someone in Denmark throws a shoe at him.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

The commanding general of our troops in Afghanistan says immediate attention is needed and more troops HAVE to be sent to afghanistan RIGHT NOW or we will not win ... but instead of spending time on winning a war, Obama is shilling for his corrupt buddies in Chicago to try to win the Olympics so his buddies will have big bank accounts.

Story Here

Typical nefarious Chicago politics.

[edit on 9/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If you can judge someone by their past and where they came from all you have to do is look at Chicago and you know everything you need to know about Mr. Obama.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
If you can judge someone by their past and where they came from all you have to do is look at Chicago and you know everything you need to know about Mr. Obama.

Which is the scariest thing I've read, in my entire lifetime.

2nd line is cozy.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by joey_hv

Which is the scariest thing I've read, in my entire lifetime.

2nd line is cozy.

I don't understand your post. Are you saying my post is scary?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I hear a lot about Chicago in this thread and out of that city come some of the most corrupt public servants on the planet. Obama comes from that fraternity, and not just any outsider can join those ranks. It's all about who you know and Obama was able to juice his way in as an obscure community organizer. Moreover, I think his marriage to Michelle Obama was one of political necessity. Her family was connected to the prominent members of the Chicago machine.

Then he went and made sure to get acquainted with the movers and shakers, and I am sure his wife helped him out with that quite nicely. Then he went out and found the most hard-knuckled politician he could, and that was Emil Jones, the former State Senate President who retired in 2007. Some considered him the most powerful politician in state just under the governor. He was Obama's godfather and the key to the kingdom. With his weight behind Obama, he was able to attain seats in the Illinois assembly, senate, and the US Senate quite easily. The man has a lot of weight in the Chicago machine. He was a nobody when he came to Chicago, and almost miraculously, left the city as the most powerful man in the free-world. The city is fraught with organize crime, political nepotism, corruption, stuffing ballot boxes, dead people voting, and fraud. It is an institution, and so ingrained, that it will never go away.

Here's a joke, why do Chicago politicians keep their hands in their pockets? To hide the dirt under their fingernails. On the President's performance, it is like watching Chicago area politics on a grand stage. The astronomical spending, juiced in positions, control mechanisms being set up, political assassinations, newly created positions(czars), shady appointments and dismissals, excessive taxes, and on and on. You are all experiencing Chicago at it's finest but on a national stage. It isn't going to change, because he is only emulating the system he came up in. Old habits die hard?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I thought your OP was very well done.

As for me, Obama is pretty much what I expected so far. I agree with him on many things and disagree with him on some, too. But I knew that before I voted for him, so not too many surprises.

What I like:
His willingness to talk instead of bomb
His position and work on people's rights (children, disabled, women, gays) Ledbetter act
His appeal to the world
His plans to end Iraq war and shut down Guantanamo (both of which I think will happen in his first term)
His inclusive behavior (religion, nationality, politics)
His energy platform
Economic Stimulus
His support of volunteering (AmeriCorps)
His loosening of stem cell research restrictions
Health Care Reform (his efforts so far)
College student tax credit
His efforts toward Bipartisanship

What I don't like:
His insistence on Bipartisanship
Afghanistan - We should get out. Too many have died.
Hiring lobbyists
His support of the Patriot Act and DHS
The way he's gone about the Health Reform Bill. A total screw up, in my opinion.
He isn't working (enough) to prosecute Bush/Cheney
Hasn't repealed "Don't Ask Don't Tell" or DOMA, although they still might happen. (They should have happened on day 1, IMO.)

Undecided:
Corporate Bailout support - I did NOT support it, although now, I'm not sure it is a mistake because the economy is doing better and didn't completely bottom out. No bread lines. Really, it appeared to be just a little bump in the road compared to what it could have been and what I was expecting.

As far as my overall opinion of him as a president, I like Obama. He's an intelligent, thoughtful, articulate, confident person of real strength as opposed to bravado. I'm proud to call him my president. And I love his family and his relationship with Michelle.

I really like a lot of things he has in the works and I have high hopes for what he'll accomplish in his first term, but I won't be able to make a judgment about his presidency until I see some actual results. I think it's too early to make a final judgment. I think that may take a couple of years. But I feel pretty good about him. I wish he had more power to get things done. The bureaucracy and politics in the government is the worst I've ever seen it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All this complaining and all this time you are overlooking the fact that we never gave Obama the most vital tool!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join