It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New From Coca-Cola ... Fizzy Milk?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

One of Coke’s copywriters claims it tastes "like a birthday party for a polar bear."

I'm with the other poster. This doesn't happen in real life.

WTF does that mean anyway? A polar bear eats freakin' sea lions and other such watery critters. Does this fizzy milk taste like fat and blood?

In fairness, my fellow homebrewers have force carbed just about every drink possible including skim milk, gatorade, and iced tea.

But back to the marketing wiz that came up with that quote. They can kiss my a. It tastes like a dirty clown on the 4th of July.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by WickettheRabbit]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by MOFreemason

Personally I don't think that sounds too bad, but that's just me,lol. I will probably give it a try once and see what it is all about.

The good thing is that it is probably un-patentable. Hopefully when coke spend millions advertising this new beverage, I hope ATS brings out its own version; perhaps a survivalist version designed for high nutritional value and a very long shelf life.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I found a link with the pictures of this new product.

The soda companies have lost a big profit due to having to remove canned pop from the public schools, at least here in Okla. that is the case. I would say they are trying to come up with something/anything to get back into the public school vending business.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think really, they should know what they're doing by now. If it wasn't going to sell, they wouldn't put it out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
People mix milk and whiskey. It's called a mud slide. Back in the days when they had soda jerks they use to have these things called floats. It's a mix of ice cream and flavored soda.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
People mix milk and whiskey. It's called a mud slide. Back in the days when they had soda jerks they use to have these things called floats. It's a mix of ice cream and flavored soda.

I agree. This isn't the first time someone tried mixing milk and flavored soda water.

On a related topic, does anyone remember the "Magic Cow" from the 1970s (at least that's when I first heard of it). You make a Magic Cow by mixing flavored drink powder (Kool-Aid, Wylers, etc) with milk.

Yeah -- the "Magic Cow" may sound a little disgusting (especially thinking about making one with orange or grape Kool-Aid), but I remember them with some fondness. The strawberry Magic Cow was pretty good -- it was basically similar to strawberry "Quik" drink mix.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
becasue sometimes, consuming the boob juice of a bovine, with a maximum 10% pus content isnt enough to gross you out.
now u can add sugar and carbonation!
btw, milk is gross enough without adding that stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Didn't you drink human milk when you were an infant? I know cows aren't humans, but the idea of drinking "boob juice" (your words, not mine
) is basically the same. The milk proteins of several mammals are similar to the milk proteins in humans.

I've had goat milk, cow milk, sheep milk, and (although I don't remember) human milk in my lifetime. I've also had buffalo milk cheese and llama milk cheese.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
sure when i was an infatn and ddint know better.
the thought of a human capable of making that choice and doing so makes me think of fail.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
heh , ive been drinking that stuff for ages as a hangover remedy ,

milk and orange flavoured soda best there is
or milk and orange juice works just as well

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
sure when i was an infatn and ddint know better.
the thought of a human capable of making that choice and doing so makes me think of fail.

To each his/her own, I suppose. Where you say "fail", I say "mmmmm".

There are plenty of foods eaten by peoples all over the world that some others may find unappetizing. For example, some native people who live around Lake Victoria in Africa use fine nets to catch swarms of lake flies. They then take handfuls of these flies (still alive), form them into balls, boil them, then eat them.

You (perhaps or perhaps not) may also say "fail" to this, but these "boiled fly patties" are actually very healthy and nutritious, and are a normal part of their diet.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
WAIT.

I hate milk. I hate it. I can only drink it with cheesecake or chocolate cake, and even then it's a stretch.

I had major calcium issues. I still do. I don't eat cheese, either. Or yogurt, really.

If they had this when I was little, it may have encouraged me to develop a taste for milk. That would have been REALLY helpful.

Thanks for being ten years late, Coca-Cola!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I never understood the stereotype against weird sounding foods and beverages...

My dad came home with some deer chili. All the girls in my family go "DEER? YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT DEER!"

Oh it tasted good.

In other words...don't bash it till you try it, and don't hate it just because of a name.

Sheesh! Open up a bit peeps.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My friend who goes to japan all the time also drinks this drinks Japanese milk drink that is pretty much milk, water, and sugar. It tastes horrible so I can't imagine this tasting that great...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join