It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New From Coca-Cola ... Fizzy Milk?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Um, yeah...excuse me while I begin to hurl already!

Here's to another scientific breakthrough.

Cows may not think it is the real thing, but Coca-Cola is preparing to launch fizzy milk on the world.

The drink contains skim milk mixed with sparkling water, flavored with fruit and sweetened with cane sugar.

Scientists have developed the drink at the firm’s laboratories in Atlanta, Georgia, ensuring it will not curdle in its 8 oz. aluminium bottle.

Going under the name Vio, Coca-Cola has begun test-marketing the carbonated drink at natural food stores and delis in New York. It sells for about $2.50 a bottle, no chilling required. One of Coke’s copywriters claims it tastes "like a birthday party for a polar bear."

It comes in four "natural" flavors — peach mango, berry, citrus and tropical colada — and could even be marketed as a healthy nutritional drink. But it has 26 grams of sugar a bottle, on a par with other non-diet Coca-Cola products, and 1.5 grams of fat.

"It’s big on milk flavor and, as a result, has a somewhat creamy body," said a flavor tester for BevNET.com, a drink industry research site. "It didn’t seem sweet until you consumed almost a whole bottle."
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wow... that sounds... delicious...

Next they'll genetically modify cows so that all their gas goes straight to the milk glands... 'naturally' produced fizzy milk.

Feed them strawberries instead of grass to change the flavour.

Well.. I for one will not be drinking fizzy milk.. .that's just horrible..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As a milk enthusiast, I'm not to thrilled with the prospects of this. I'd probably try the citrus one though just to see what its like because I never believed this possible. "But what about curing cancer? etc". Baby steps.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

That sounds absolutely vile... Just nasty... Yukkkk...

I'll stick with regular milk, thanks anyway, Coke...

(shudder)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
THey can keep that 1 sounds nasty

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ever had an Italian soda?
They are wonderful. Milk, soda water, and flavored syrup. I like the vanilla and almond.
Sounds the same to me. Yummm

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I love Coca-Cola and I love milk....but Fizzy milk???? That sounds so nasty!!!! I for one will not be trying that particular product. I wonder if it will last once it hits the stores...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You wouldn't try it just to know for yourself just how much of a trainwreck it really is?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

Some things I'm just going to leave to others...
. You will let me know, won't you?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I'll be sure to add my results to this thread whenever this "amazing" product hits the shelves of a local store. If its good, I will try to compare it to something, if its awful, I'll be sure to say otherwise while quietly laughing to myself as I know sometime in the near future, you will make the same face I did.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I boycotted buying anything from coca-cola years ago..evil evil company.This sounds absolutely vile though,i can even imagine it right now in my mouth..milk...fizzing

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just what a fat, lazy and overweight society needs...more sugar, fat and empty unhealthy calories.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Okay I guess I'm not the only one who's thinking this is going to tank big time

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So when 'new milk' fails will coca cola suddenly be selling original milk at twice the previous levels?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten
As a milk enthusiast, I'm not to thrilled with the prospects of this. I'd probably try the citrus one though just to see what its like because I never believed this possible. "But what about curing cancer? etc". Baby steps.

A milk enthusiast?

I never knew such people existed!

But this stuff sounds terrible to be honest. I dont think making milk fizzy will get more people to drink it regularly.

Its like the Walkers crisp flavours competition. Builders breakfast, Cajun squirrel, Chilli and chocolate and fish and chip flavours.

People bought them...ate them...disliked them.....never bought again.

Surely this will be a flash in the pan?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That reminds me of a coke or root beer float. Yuck.

I'm getting quizzy just thinking about the new Coke product.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ummm...No thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So who here will show their true age and admit they remember Laverne and Shirley's favorite drink??? It was Milk And Pepsi, and all of our friends tried this one night for S&G'S We all ended up Barfing all night... anybody else try it because of the show?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't even like regular milk, so I don't think this will be for me either.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join