It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Says Devil Made Her decapitate her 3 week old Son

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have no empathy for this woman. I believe she is using the "devil made me do it" because she is psychotic person of low intelligence and has now driven herself to a state of insanity. She is at fault, not a religion, a devil, a priest or preacher, her husband or any meth. I could ponder '___' as causing a state of psychosis but doubtful of meth or other street drugs. It is best, in my opinion, to remove these people from society quickly and permanently and not waste tax payers money on her trial,imprisonment and appeals. That may seem hard hearted, well,I guess I am.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is NOT, I repeat NOT post partum depression.

I had it with two children. I may have wanted to stomp on my husband's toes, or kick a hole in a wall or cry about commercials. But eating my child's brain was never part of the equation.

The woman does not deserve any more understanding than a man what did something this horrific. She's the Greyhound Decapitator and Cannibal with babies.

If it wasn't the Devil, it would have been something else that she blamed.

And holy #, I hope that her other two children didn't get to watch that.

God this is horrific.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Not post-partum depression, post-partum psychosis. There's a big, big difference.

What Is Postpartum Psychosis?

While it is the most extreme form of postpartum mood disorders, postpartum psychosis is also one of the rarest. Usually described as a period when a woman loses touch with reality, the disorder occurs in women who have recently given birth. It affects between one and two women per 1,000 women who have given birth.

Signs of postpartum psychosis include:

•Hallucinations
•Delusions
•Illogical thoughts
•Insomnia
•Refusing to eat
•Extreme feelings of anxiety and agitation
•Periods of delirium or mania
•Suicidal or homicidal thoughts "

www.pregnancy-info.net...

Combine that with any previous schizophrenic behavior or episode that she had and she was just a timebomb waiting to go off.

If you click the link, look at the section titled "Who is at risk?" It says:

Women with a personal history of psychosis, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia have an increased risk of developing postpartum psychosis. Likewise, women who have a family history of psychosis, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia have a greater chance of developing the disorder.

No, it doesn't excuse her actions and yes, her actions are certainly horrific. But the fact that her actions are extraordinarily horrific should be a sign to you and others that something isn't right about this woman. What sane or even half-sane person could possibly do something like this to their own three-week(month?) old infant?

But it also begs the question - Someone knew this woman was a mental health risk to the newborn, so why weren't they keeping tabs on her!?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that some minister put this kind of idea in her head. I doubt that this had anything at all to do with religion. After all if she was that religious she wouldn't do what the devil told her to do, unless she was into satanism.

It sounds like some horriffic psychotic episode, especially after reading what she did to that baby. She propably had a mental problem that was made worse by postpartum depression.

Thankfully she didn't go after her sister's children, her sister and her mother also.

What i'm having a hard time understanding is if she was this mentally unstable why didn't the doctors notice any strange behavior during her prenatal care, or follow up care after the birth. People that do things like this usually show some kind of noticeable abnormal behavior before an episode as horrible as this one.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Whenever you hear about some really henious, disgusting crime, like a woman drowning her four kids in the bathtub, or a young mother hacking off the arms of her baby and dancing around with the body, or a guy throwing his two toddlers into a furnace, or a 16yr old pouring gasoline over himself and setting himself on fire, or a guy stabbing his wife of 40 years 161 times, you can bet it's another SSRI(selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) case.

The really odd thing is that people are still dosing themselves with this garbage. What's it gonna take?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
dont be so quick to judge, maybe the devil real did tell her to do that.
but thena gain, if the devil tells any rational person to do something, the best bet is to do the oppposite. unless teh devil is using revese psychology, then you should do waht the devil told you to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Wow. There is no devil.

She was clearly acting insane -- and I don't mean because she cut the babies head off. I mean because she thinks Satan is real and speaks to her.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
wait, so cutting that babys head off wasnt insane?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I don't think a minister actually put the notion in her head...at the same time I live in a heavily funnymentalist area and periodically I will attend one of the small churches tucked away in strip malls and old buildings and I am consistently amazed at what I hear and see...speaking in tongues... wriathing in the asiles...excorsims etc. Its almost like an alternative reality...its certainly not the Christianity I grew up with...its almost atavistic.

I can easily see a mentally unstable person hearing one of these ministers go on at length about the devil and possession and all of that and it sinking in as it were.

Like I said in the op...in the mid-eighties a couple in Lewiston Maine put their 3 year old in the oven to bake the devil out of her....granted they were not the sharpest knives in the drawer but it came out in their trial that their pastor had told them that the reason their daughter didn't behave was because of the devil.

So the seed was planted.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Agreed. EVERY time (well let's say 99%) you hear about this sort of thing, somewhere in the backround, somewhere in the bathroom cupboard, there is a bottle of these screwed up little pills. I will be willing to bet a nickel she was on some SSRI... Tripping through her everyday life on a psudo-warped pharmocologically induced psych-O-delic stupor.. hearing hapy voices till one day... yeah. Let's kill the baby... Have a great daY..

RDDS

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well there goes my dinner, but I always wonder if there is some truth to it. I was also thinking of the .44 Killer whose neighbour dog told him to kill. Some ancient texts I read said that black dogs were demons...

Oh by the way Satan is not a CHristian invention, I believe the first was Ahriman, and even then the concept of evil goes wayyy beyond.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Yes the Zorasterian concept of a Devil god was the first but Judaism never picked it up the way Christianity did.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, from my personal observations over the years...well, for about the last 30 years, since this type of what we used to csll "holy roller" religion became a major player in the de facto national religion
promoted by politicians...

these kinds of churches have played an unofficial part in the American national health care system. People I knew who were already of a delicate mental state, suffering from anything from severe depression, paranoia, schizophrenia loved these types of churches, as they found a rock to cling to, an unchanging fundamentalist attitude that made daily life easier to live. An uncomplex religion in an increasingly complex world.

Even people not suffering such intense mental states enjoyed the support of being able to dislodge anxieties, not through talking with a psychologist or reading a self-help book, but through a ritual of getting rid of the demon inside bothering them. In their mind, this "demon" was a real honest to goodness, horned, cloven footed beast.

Whenever I heard someone, while literally clinging to their Bible, proclaim loudly that they had "found Jesus", I knew there were underlying reasons more than soul saving afoot. The mental or physical relief they found came from a release from alcoholism, drug addiction, spousal abuse, anger issues, or other personal problems, was usually welcome and did make a change for the better in these individuals, although most tended to cling to whatever authoritarian figure came along to give them support. While everyone needs discipline to survive, this discipline comes from outside or inside oneself, and it was obvious that the people I knew went with the outside type of authority to deal with their personal need for discipline.

An outside type of discipline might be better than no self discipline, but when the relief comes in a ritual casting out the devil, well, we can do better with more modern day techniques. Also, I have seen people getting personal counseling, for what is really a problem with an underlying psychological component, from ministers who are not trained to deliver that depth of need. It is one thing to advise on religious dogma, but these days ministers are often used as a psychological counselor.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

I hear what you are saying. The way you put it, outside and inside self discipline really hit home. At the end of the day, who can you really trust? Id say the one person you will always be able to trust, not matter what situation, and someone who will always have your best interest at heart is yourself.

Its a shame really, that everyone always wants to impose their beliefs on others. Everybody is on a mission, a belief being something we hold as true, which might not be (empirical evidence has its limitations), we run around trying to share what we found. As soon as we find someone else who thinks their truth is right, we have an argument. Wierd init.

At the end of the day, that is exactly what religion is. Someone telling you what you should believe. If you woke up on an island, wasnt brought up in a christian country or never touched the bible etc, i guarantee you right now that woman would not have used the words "the devil made me do it".

Thats the problem, we are like sheep and people refuse to see it.

cheers,

Brad

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I can't help but notice that many and I mean many of these cases involving mothers and their children are in Texas and you mostly hear from these women the devil or God in some cases told them to either do it and that the child was the devil so they had to kill them.

Why Texas? Is there some military project going on in unsuspecting people to see if they will act or see certain things projected into their brains? We know it can happen. Take the advertising billboard for the A & E show Paranormal State in NY. Within a certain distance people were hearing the auditory advertisement of the show without anyone outside the parameters hearing it. It was being projected into their heads. So we know the technology exists.

That could be a great weapon for the military if you think about it, but it would need to be tested and it would need to be noticed and dramatic. Well killing your children gets noticed and it's dramatic. Meanwhile people like us hear these stories and think that woman is insane and is some cases it may be clearly the case but what if....this was orchestrated as a future weapon? We wouldn't know it but the gov would be able to keep track of how effective it was by projecting the thought to these women that their child was the devil and needed to be destroyed or that the devil told them to do it.

Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure if these details have been added to the thread yet (only skimmed the last page)

McManus, who appeared uncomfortable as he addressed reporters, said Sanchez apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts. She also tore his face off, chewed off three of his toes and decapitated the infant before stabbing herself.

WOW... That is pretty damn gruesome.

Link

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
This woman sounds like she is actually hearing voices. Now it may be the fault of her religion that she interpreted them as "The Devil". But she is also mentally ill.

I know, classic example of psychosis. Anyone with mental problems is recommended to avoid religious or fantastical beliefs. If you are exposed to religion, your hallucinations will be orientated to your belief system (why she thought "The Devil" was talking to her)

Sadly, I can hazard a guess there were prior warning signs that were missed by the authorities.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't think we can blame this on religion. What if this woman believed in ufo's and aliens. Then her story would of been the child was the product of an evil alien race.

I met a person once he carried a hand gun. He believed in aliens and had a mind set that if you had a serpentine looking face in his opinion you were of the reptilian alien race and needed to be watched closely. They were a threat to him. I often wondered if at some point in time he just might use that hand gun against someone with looks he thought made them look reptilian. In his mind he would of justified the act as fending off evil.

His evil aliens are same as a religious persons devil. Being religious is just more mainstream than ufo's.

Even a twisted mind will justify it's action using whatever belief system that it has accepted in it life.

At this point in time all I can say is I hope the childs death came swiftly and he didn't have to suffer long in her hands that day. I do agree with the babies father she should be sentenced to death.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What about the dude who was riding a bus earlier this year and heard a voice tell him to kill a fellow passenger. He carved him up like a honey-baked ham and even put the eyeballs in his pocket. Things like this happen every year, to Sinners and Christians, so I do not think religion is a factor here. Just instabilty in the present human mindset. Then again self-proclaimed Satanists have said numerous times child sacrifices are a common practice. This is a phenomena that will remain a mystery. People are constantly killing in a bizarre manner by the majorities description of a NORMAL murder when in fact all murders are no less insignificant than this sad example.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just wonder that IF GOD exists to the law (they keeping telling "with help of God"...) and then the Devil should exist too. So in this case she "isn't" guilt of death of little boy.

I am think is interesting that in the past... these crazy people would be considered prophets and things like that... Today we just call them a dude with mental problems... BUT for some reason some people refuse to stop and thinking about the prophets of past maybe they just don't want get to the conclusion that they were just nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join