It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Says Devil Made Her decapitate her 3 week old Son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Mother Says Devil Made Her decapitate her 3 week old Son

www.huffingtonpost.com

Police said they found a 3 1/2-week-old infant stabbed and decapitated in a Texas home on Sunday and his mother screaming that she killed her son after the devil told her to do it.

Otty Sanchez, 33, of San Antonio, was taken to a local hospital in critical condition with self-inflicted stab wounds to her chest and stomach, said San Antonio police spokesman Joe Rios. Investigators took a sword, a machete and a kitchen knife from the home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
SIGH!!!

What do you say?

I am reminded of these two religious fanatics up in Lewiston Maine in the mid-80's... They put their 3 year old daughter in the oven to bake the devil out of her.

Where do these idiots come up with these ideas...none of them seem bright enough to come up with them on their own...

I know there is a trend towards excorism in some protestant churches...are fanatical and irresponsible ministers putting these thoughts in their obviously gulible heads?

If so then the minister needs to be held accountable as well.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't know of any exorcisms that include decapitation as a step in the process. I would just label her as insane. Maybe sterilize her to prevent her from having any more children.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Another tragic example of the dangers of being zealous towards organised religion.

Individuals with pyschological or mental disorders should not be exposed to religious beliefs, these people become prone to Jerusalem or Messiah syndrome.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Would it make any difference if she'd said that God made her do it cos the baby WAS the devil?

Religion has been used as an excuse for a lot of things throughout history.... and it seems that a lot of genuinely crazy people use religion to justify or explain the horrible things they have done.

Gotta wonder... if there was no concept of a 'Devil', would this have ever happened?

Was she crazy and using religious figures as an excuse, or was it that religion drove her crazy...

Either way... sad and tragic end to a young life.

link   
I really don't know what to think about all of this...the devil was Christianities greatest creation...because you were able to evade responsiblity of your actions by claiming the devil made you do it.

link   
I wonder if she was perscribed seratonin reuptake inhibitors or doing too much methamphetamine?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

is this confirmed?or is this the only source of this story ?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's a link from a UK newspaper:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds like she really did it!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That one sounds to me like a pre existing psyco problem (schizophrenia?) That could of been compounded with post natal depression.

In some of the extreme cases (well probably even in the minor ones) you cannot really apply logical reasoning to the actions.

She will probably be in a high security hospital for decades to come.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The woman is obviously not right in the head. Religion cannot be used to get out of responsibility for murder? At least I hope so...

Christianity doesnt invent the Devil as a scapegoat, in fact it stresses the complete opposite. It stresses we are our own agent, subject to influence yes, but the choice is still ours.

People like this, seriously, have no need to be alive. What are they learning/growing/benefitting from being alive? Apart from realising there is someone else looking back at them in the mirror.

Such a shame.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by axehappy

The Devil gets blamed for all sorts. He should really sue for libel. God would have a good case for libel action too.

But if it's not the Devil or God getting the blame, it's something else.

Son of Sam said his neighbour's Dog was possessed by a Demon and told him to go around shooting people.

"Woof Woof" (Go out and kill, minion)

"I can't just take you for walkies, then?"

"Woof Woof!" (Disobey me at your peril, human slave!)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

ya, in combination w/ a full day of flowing heavily, she says, tilting her head and twisting a curl.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Another tragic example of the dangers of being zealous towards organised religion.

Individuals with pyschological or mental disorders should not be exposed to religious beliefs, these people become prone to Jerusalem or Messiah syndrome.

I thought the same thing, but after actually reading the article, it's not that at all.

This woman sounds like she is actually hearing voices. Now it may be the fault of her religion that she interpreted them as "The Devil". But she is also mentally ill.

Although I love a chance to show why Religion today causes more problems than benefits, I don't think this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It has been my experience that most people who decapitate their children do it because the meth made them do it not the devil.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Agree with you 100%.

The problem with a case like this is if she is placed on a med that actually does work and stabilize her mentally, she then realizes what she has done and chances are will continually attempt suicide until she succeeds.

If she ends up showing no remorse what so ever after being stabilized chances are then it wasn't a mental break down but there is no way for knowing for sure due to the fact it could just be a side effect of the drugs desensitizing her.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Agreed with you. Possibly a case of post-partum psychosis? Did she exhibit any schizophrenic behavior prior to the baby being born? Was she simply not taking her meds?

Leave it to Grover to twist the facts in a story in an effort to persecute one of his/her axes that need grinding - "the devil was Christianities greatest creation...because you were able to evade responsiblity of your actions by claiming the devil made you do it."

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
At least the child gets a free ticket out of this place. As for the woman I believe that she believes the 'devil' told her to do it. But without info on her condition who knows.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why would the woman listen to the devil? Stabbing her own son is always COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE... She could've refused and the devil could've got someone else to do it, I guess. But for goodness' sake, a mother stabbing her baby son.. she really must've had issues of her own.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
She didn't just kill the child, she decapitated it, skinned & gutted it. There were also some reports that some body parts may have been ingested. This goes way beyond Postpartum depression. Complete psychotic episode.

This is so gruesome maybe the devil did tell her to do it.

www.chron.com...

The baby was also missing body parts, and police are looking into claims the mother made to them about ingesting those parts, sources said.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Sparky63]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Sparky63]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join