It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this, about the Theory of Light ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffkosmo

Hi Jeff,

To add images, click at the top, "member tools, my pictures" then at the media site choose "upload picture". After you upload the picture, double click it and you'll see an "atsimg" text under the picture you can copy and paste into your post, that's how the picture is inserted.

I'd forget about dark photons for now, see this:

Could Dark Photons & Dark Atoms Exist?

This makes the proposition of any distinct properties to be highly speculative. Carroll himself is very upfront about this, making the analogy that it "invoke[s] the tooth fairy (propose an extremely speculative idea or hope for some possible but unprovable result)."

When the guy who comes up with the idea himself refers to it as invoking the tooth fairy, I'm not going to spend much time on it, though the unsolved problems of dark matter and dark energy are very real problems, there could be a lot of other solutions besides his theory.

Regarding explaining the double slit experiment results, as I said in an earlier post, you shouldn't feel bad about not having explained it because nobody else has either, including me. I look at quantum mechanics the same way I look at gravity.

Why does the apple fall to the ground? Because the Earth warps space time and that affects the apple. How does the Earth warp space-time? I have no idea and as far as I know, neither does anyone else.

Same thing in quantum mechanics. We can observe the apple fall, and we can observe the dark bands from the double slit experiment on the screen which can only be the result of wave behavior. Quantum mechanical theory is a model that makes accurate predictions, but we don't fully understand the mechanisms that cause the behavior we observe in quantum mechanics any more than we do in gravity.

I think string theorists are trying to develop a better understanding but if they are much further than "invoking the tooth fairy" as the "dark photon guy" put it, I have yet to see any real-world proof of that.

If I could answer your question and explain what's really happening in the double slit experiment, I suspect I might get a Nobel prize for that. But I can only use the same model everybody else does to make predictions, and even a model which makes good predictions, may not represent reality, as we can see from Ptolemy's model of the solar system:

abyss.uoregon.edu...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb88d69fc493.gif[/atsimg]

It's a good model insofar as it makes good predictions, but the model tells us little about reality, right? I suspect our current model of quantum mechanics is somewhat analogous, it makes good predictions that match our observations, but what's the reality?

A Nobel prize probably awaits the one who can give us the reality instead of just a model like we have now.

Regards,

Arby

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In the drawing below I have tried to show the Geometric relationships of an Opened up Slit and a prism showing the result involving Inners & Outers…

Note the shape of the prism, can be also understood, as being a section of polygon.

Note also; the 2 shadows formed by the edges of the slit, are in opposite orientation to each other.
I am referring to the polarity of the Variation in grey, between the thresholds of Black & White.

But on the other hand, the shape of the prism is singular, in that it changes from broad to narrow as in a wedge.

Note the logic given in the lower right of the drawing, giving the polarities and the combination of these polarities, that form the colours.

Drawing 01.
If you shine white Light through a Prism, the Light is only diffracted and does Not produce a spectrum, except that which is produced by the upper and lower edges, of the prism itself.

This is because the boundaries of the prism, have the same affect as that of an oppened up Slit, which has been opened up to its maximum governed by the dimensions of the Prism.

Drawing 02.
However if we place a single edge, in the correct orientation, on one side or the other of the prism, in the path of the white light, a spectrum of colour is then manifested but its range of colour, will be between 2 thresholds only… depending on the orientation of the edge to the prism.

The spectrum will either be Yellow and Red or Blue and Violet.

It does Not matter, which side of the prism this edge is positioned, except that it must be in the path of the White Light, and in the Correct Orientation with regard to the Prism.

If these 2 edges are brought closer together, and eventually when close enough to form a narrow slit the Blue and Yellow will merge to some degree producing Green.

Prisms are also used as Mirrors and a spectrum does Not manifest itself. The angle of the face acting as the Mirror can be presented at any angle, within the boundaries of the mechanics of light that permit the mirror affect.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

Thank you for your post Senz20.

It depends on the purity of the Red... Being defined as a 100% Red or not.
Said to be of a single wavelength. So it depends on 2 conditions.

a. A single wavelength.
b. What that wavelength is.... that is its length.

I haven’t looked into this area, so I can't tell you any more than what you can find on the net.

I will set up various coloured lasers when I get a chance and have a look myself, to see what happens regarding prisms and lasers.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is obvious that I have Not been clear enough in my presentations...

So here it is Simplified...

Why is it if we place an edge in this Orientation with a Prism in the path of a beam of light we only get 3 Colours Not 7 ???

It does NOT matter wihich side of the Prism, this edge is Introduced to, ie the input side or the output side of the prism.

Drawing 01.

Or…

Drawing 02.

And if we Invert the Edge.... the Colours change from Yellow and Red to Blue and Violet. ???

Drawing 03.

Or……

Drawing 04.

When we consider the edge only, we get…

Drawing 05.

And when we invert the edge…

Drawing 06.

So there are 2 Components that are required to manifest the Spectrum of Colours from Light Not just a prism on its own.

a. The Edge.
b. The Prism

Not Just the Prism…

Drawing 07.

This is why a Slit is required but the Slit Deceives us in that a Slit is only 2 Edges, one inverted with relation to the other, and are brought close together, to cause the Yellow and Blue to merge a little to produce Green

It is this situation, that leads us to the False understanding of Light and Colour today…

Science Must relook at this....

[edit on 2-4-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Why is it if we place an edge in this Orientation with a Prism in the path of a beam of light we only get 3 Colours Not 7 ???

It does NOT matter wihich side of the Prism, this edge is Introduced to, ie the input side or the output side of the prism.

It is this situation, that leads us to the False understanding of Light and Colour today…
Science Must relook at this....

Your drawings are very good. However for anyone who wants to see some photos of this effect, there are some good ones here:

www.scielo.br...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank you for your Link...

I will check it out in a second but First I would just like to say....

The education system never showns as I have shown....

Why ???

Anyone can check this out with a Prism...

What I have shown is FACT Not theory.... Regarding my drawings...

No matter what anyone believes about the theory of Light, what I have shown can NOT be proved wrong, or be changed by humanity...

I am sure you have the ability to check this out yourself with a prism....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thank you for the Link....

Excellent Link for others to see also....

But it doesn't change the Facts Not theory as I have shown in my last drawings....

Complimentary Colours are Opposites....

Proof....

Stare at a Black Disc on a White sheet of paper then quickly slide another White sheet over the Black Disc (as to hide the Black Disc) and a Whiter Disc appears, than the White back ground portraying the Opposite to the Black Disc.

White is Opposite to Black... This is why this happens.

All Colours have their Complimentary Colours, that can be checked out using the above method....

But remember their opposites are dragged into the White end of Light so they appear watered down...

If you place a White Disc on a Black Back Ground and do the same, a Black disc appears momentarily that is Blacker than its Black Back Ground....

Everything that exists has its opposite...

Wave theory and Partical theory are sort of the Opposites in a very strange sort of way....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Note; especially the inverting of an edge Changes the 2 Colour thresholds...

In Drawing 01.

a. Yellow.
b. Red.

And purelly by inverting the Edge, theses 2 Color Thresholds Yellow to Red change over in Drawing 03.

a. Yellow changes to Blue....
b. And Red changes to Violet....

There are 2 groups of Opposites involving...

a. The Prism (Inner & Outer)
b. The variation between Black and White produced by a single edge.

Refer to the Geometric logic structure in Drawing 01, posted on 1-4-2010 @ 12:15 AM Drawing 01.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thank you for the Link....

Excellent Link for others to see also....

But it doesn't change the Facts Not theory as I have shown in my last drawings....

You're right, it doesn't change the facts, in fact it confirms what you're saying about "edges" is true with photographs, that replicate the work "Theory of colors" published by Goethe in 1810, so this material was published 200 years ago, and it's as valid today as it was then.

This link talks a little bit more about it:

home.earthlink.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Interesting. You suggest you have a deeper understanding of the nature of light.
Consider this. That light is, as suggested in a different age by another true genius, a constant. But that light is a constant in space, time and dimensions. When we perceive light moving towards us, away, splitting etc, it is space/time moving around and passed the constant that is light. A bit like a scatchy card, or wax picture, where scratching off reveals what is actually there. Light is everywhere, and our perception decides which bits of it we see and how.

Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man

Hi 21st century man,

First thank you for your Post.

What you suggest is probably quite accurate...

I have only found out what I know about Light, by “Back Engineering” in an entirely different subject.

The reason I found these anomalies, was a result of being involved with Optical interfaces with the Mind, over the last 16 years of my life (Full time).

This work actually started back in 1973 but gained momentum 16 years ago.

What we experience as our own body, and the environment it interacts with, is a manufactured experience which I have recorded in the form a written record of my work, that involves more than 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) geometric drawings that describe the processing system, that all is produced through. I describe in detail how interfaces can be made easily made that interface with the programs that produce our experience, referring to your body and the universe it interacts with.

What I say may sound like BS or just too incredible to be true, but if you are seriously interested, I can show you what I have discovered.
But be prepared for a very long story in great detail showing every step of evolution regarding the operating system.

Most that knew this knowledge was passed down through Kings, Pharaoh’s, Emperors but had been lost.
The historical record of this processing system can be found as Geometric Components in Architecture i.e. historically contained in Government or State Buildings, Public Buildings, Palaces, Cathedrals, Monasteries, churches, and Mosques as well as arcades, theatres, Art Galleries and Archaeological sights.

These Components are often displayed in floors ceilings, walls and Window decoration. Often the record of many of the Components can be found in mosaics right through out history all across the Earth.

Some people refer to this as "Sacred Geometry".

But I do Not look at this geometry, as being sacred geometry, but rather as a record of a lost knowledge.

But I believe this tag (Sacred Geometry), that has been attached to this, has only caused many to look at it, more as in superstition or as a mystery but it is far more simple to understand, if you know the base formats. There are two formats.

a. Hexagonal.
b. Octagonal.

I have discovered the whole "Operating System" and its Program Language, which involves a Geometric Processing system and Glyphs and letters In suppose you could call them.

Some may believe this to be metaphysics, but It is purely a processing system that involves geometry and geometric processing.
I can show how a Partition Map was produced (Evolved) and how the whole system functions.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Thank you once again for you most informative Post..

You are correct again..

This Link you provided shows exactly what I am referring to....

home.earthlink.net...

Thank you for your valuable Post.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Please forgive me in what I lack with regard to my communication skills but I will do my best, to convey what I have found in my research over the last 30 years or more.

To fully understand Light we need to realise Black is a component of Light.

Many confuse “darkness” with Black, but as in all Colour, Black is Opposite to White.

But remember the dual nature of all.

There are 2 Types or categories of Darkness and Not just one.

The Frequencies we believe Colour to be of, is a Confusion between the Carrier i.e. what we refer to as Light, and the Information that is transferred by the Light carrier.

This is part of the dual nature of this Phenomenon and its sub Components.

Light as we know it, I believe is the Oscillation between Black and White and does Not involve Colour, but is used to transfer the information or Data we refer to as Colour. This includes the Black & White which also transferred by Light. It is these 2 colours that allows Light to be seen. In fact the Light Carrier may be rendered Invisible, if it were Not to transfer these 2 Components of Colour... Black & White.

(( The Oscillation is caused by a governed instability of To & Fro which was the First Conceptual movement. Or the result of comparing the Opposites found in the beginning or evolution of the existence of the opposites within the Paradoxical Geometric Algorithm I N Z mentioned earlier in this Thread. ))

The Black and White is contained in Faces or Layers, all (even Logic structures) is Constructed of.

The Information we Decode through the mechanics of our brain, is found in these Layers, in the form of Coded Data.

It is this that leads to the Particle nature or interpretation of Colour and perhaps Light.

Remembering that Light itself, is produced by the Oscillation.... involving 2 Colours Black and White as well, within the Light carrier...

So the primary Dater transferred in Light is in Fact Black and White.
Not to be confused with the Primary Colours.

This is why Science generally separates Black and white, from the Group of Colour/s... But in Reality are in fact Colours...

What we often refer to the absorption lines i.e. seen through the use of spectrometers are I believe, the 2 Colours, Black & White that produce the so called Visible Components of Light is Data and that the Black does Not lack anything apart from its opposite… White. In that Black is a Component of Data within the Light Carrier.

The Black Lines observed through spectrometry is the result of data transfer within the Light Carrier from one Face to another. ( I will get into the Structure of this layering or Faces later on in this thread..)

Colour does affect the Light Carrier in that a Pveriation in frequency can in fact be demonstrated in science. But this has more to do with the Data Packages transferred, rather than the interpreted Data itself.

Keeping in mind the Possibility that what we see or experience after the decoding procedure, is Not necessarily what has produced the phenomena of our experience that we call our body and Universe.

So what I am going to try and present to you is some of the mechanics behind what produces our so called reality and Universe.

This is quite a different understanding thant what is generally accepted by science today.

Light is the Root that all has come from and if we want to understand the True Nature and make up of Light we need to understand our Root.

This is Not intended to be of religious nature, but unfortunately today the human species has held on to some of this lost technology and scattered it amongst their religions.

But I only see this as some of the lost records of what Light actually is.

I don't want this thread to develop into anything of religious nature but keep it on track dealing in the Mechanics and Origin of Light.

Everything I shall present on the subject of Light I will back up with simple examples and experiments the average person can perform to judge for themselves and perhaps contribute their findings to this thread.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The "prismatic" effect is due to bending, not changing the wave lengths.

Due to EM laws, this would give you a new form of energy in another banded region.

Read the lines a little deeper, and adjust "your" lighting.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by passingthought

Thank you for your Post,

Your first statement I would agree with.... Please feel free to present more of your thoughts...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope to get into the opening of the Oscillation between the layering of the construct and show the Coding/Decoding of Data that presents the phenomenon of Colour and other Data, transfer between the layers. Light is Not just used to transfer Colour Data but other Data as well within the Program.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Neruda Interviews: Interview 2

Dr. Neruda: "Quantum objects become increasingly granular or refined until they become pure light energy and cease to have mass. They are not of physical reality, but rather of a pure-state energy. This energy is further segmented into octaves of vibration. In other words, this light energy vibrates, and just like music, there are fundamentals and harmonics. The harmonics resonate with the fundamental energy vibration and the whole energy packet sings like a choir--except its voice is light.

"This singing, if you will, is the equivalent of a consciousness that pervades all matter--every physical object in the entire universe. Fifteen has successfully proven this all-pervasive consciousness or what he calls the Light-Encoded Reality Matrix or LERM, for those of us who like shorthand. Any way, LERM is just one of the new theorems that were required in order to devise a way to prove that BST was indeed a possibility, and not just a fanciful vision inside the mind of Fifteen."

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Light has all ways had 2 properties that amazed me. One light or more accurately photons dont exist until there absorbed or refracted by something.Good thing to imagine if light could be seen traveling before it hit objects we wouldnt be able to see anything. Its other property that is amazing is we can slow down the speed of light by passing it through glass for example.The amazing part is it resumes its original speed again without any energy speeding it back up again.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Hi dragonridr,

Thank you for your post...

The amazing part is it resumes its original speed again without any energy speeding it back up again.

Now doesn't this tell us something about the nature of Light ???

I am pleased you brought this up...

Perhaps this phenomena is to do more with the rules of transference between layers, rather than occurring in the illusion of 3D.

But when I suggest the 3D illusion, as an illusion, I am saying it is more a Version of perception, as a result of the Decoding by the Species, than what actually exists before decoding.

But it wouldn't feel the same without the introduction of this 3D experience.

Existence does Not rely upon 3D, but Rather 3D is one of our human perceptions. Very real to us of course but this is the reality of our experience and Not what produces our experience.

Understanding our experience can lead to the Understanding of what produces it, (The Mechanics) which in turn is of great value, when it comes to the application of exploring the rest of our experience appearing in the form of a universe.

As I said before; we need to understand these principals if we are to successfully travel further into the experience of this Universe.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by passingthought

Thank you for your Post,

Your first statement I would agree with.... Please feel free to present more of your thoughts...

It's simple, it's an effect, not an event. There's the trip that is geting some confused.

An effect is visible phenomenon. An event represents change, physical; often denoted with Deltas that can be grouped and measured.

Nothing comes from this "Prism" effect that is permanent, and there's no causality that is unchanging.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join