It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I've got the analysis back from Jeff Ritzmann and I want to thank Jeff for taking the time to do this for us.

Posted in this exam write up are 2 screen grabs. The image was dropped into LAB color, and you'll see the enlarged LAB color and an adjusted B channel.

This is without question, a raindrop, shaped much like a lateral oval. It this were a disc structure with a flat bottom as it appears, the B channel would not show anything under the "disc" object. However, we get a bottom edge oval shape. The reason this is visible, and the reason for the illusion is that raindrops depending on the viewing angle and horizon, reverse the image refracted inside the water like a lens. The bottom of the "disc" here is the horizon in reverse. The sky is represented in the bottom of the raindrop. However, because the viewing angle is seeing the drop IN the sky as a background, the sky and reflection are nearly the same color value.

After LAB color mode is employed, we can see the slight difference in the bottom of the drop's reflection of the sky and the regular sky seen behind the drop.

In the 2 examples seen here, the LAB color mode version shows a blowup of the object in question (lab1.jpg). Note that the color values firstly are identical to the environment. Thats your first clue. The blue lateral lines are confining (rather graciously) the image perceived as a disc with a flat bottom.

The other black and white image is an auto-adjusted B channel of the same image without the blue guides removed or moved from the previous full LAB color (lab2_B.jpg). Note that now below the bottom line which contained the "disc" we have a solid light under-arc. This is the bottom of the raindrop which is refracting sky, which varies in color so slightly that in the regular RGB image it's simply invisible which completes the illusion. But LAB color gives us the ability to break down the channels in a different way and examine them. LAB is Lightness with color opponent A and B dimensions based upon CIE XYZ color space (CIELAB). LAB can get you really into subtle areas just not visible in any RGB channel operations.

So, there's your raindrop disc.

I don't believe the shooter had any intention of fooling anyone, it's an honest mistake and had those other drops not been there - we'd only have the threatening clouds to suggest rain. There was no intent of a hoax here, so no witch hunts and berating people. It's just a misidentification. They happen all the time.

Jeff Ritzmann

Lab image 1

LAB image 2

I want to emphasize what Jeff says in his report, there is NO REASON to be anything less than civil with "Beauty", she is an Honest Agent and cooperated FULLY with getting this report done.

We won't tolerate rude "I told ya so's" or any form of berating here. This is AboveTopSecret.com after all.

Springer...

[edit on 7-28-2009 by Springer]

Yes a big thankyou to Jeff and also Springer ( youv'e been wonderful! ) again!

I am really dissapointed with the results, yes, it is a big fat Raindrop! but I will continue to look up to the sky's and will always be a huge supporter of ATS and it's wonderful community of great people!

If you want to check out my other picture of a UFO that I think looks like a satelite, please check out my profile......I undertand if you dont

My intentions were to bring to light a possible UFO, i was extremely excited when I found it and meant in no way to fool, trick or hoax anybody!

I will never stop searching for the truth!

Ps please feel free to add me as a friend ( I dont have many on here
lol )

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

I want this to be a Ufo so bad but I have to think now that it may be a water droplet ( Just to tone down my excitement and slow my heart rate )

Thanks for sending that to Springer.

Don't worry, if it turns out to be a water drop. You are handling this the right way so your covered either way. We know you are being honest.

Blaine91555, Thankyou for your support throughout the whole thread!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Top stuff.... case solved ...... thank you from me to the OP for posting it and the site staff for the analysis..

[edit on 28-7-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
Thx beauty for being such a good "witness" and thx JRitz & Springer for having a closer look at this image/.

This is what ATS is all about and I wish more people would be as cooperative as beauty. Muahhh from the french riviera Beauty.

Peace,
Europa aka Buckwild

Your welcome and thankyou

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

He did not. He resampled it. That is not what he based his conclusions on. Looks like bicubic smoother.

Thank you to Jeff. I learned something new, thanks again. 6 years in Photoshop for a few hours every day and I did not think of viewing it that way. I'd guessed from the color similarities it would be found out to be a drop but that method did not occur to me.

I wonder, does Ritzman have any books out?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Top stuff.... case solved ...... thank you from me to the OP for posting it and the site staff for the analysis..

[edit on 28-7-2009 by FireMoon]

Thanks for your support Firemoon, see you around!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks OP.
I enjoyed watching this process work. You were a very good sport considering everything you had to endure.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Thanks OP.
I enjoyed watching this process work. You were a very good sport considering everything you had to endure.

Thanks KSPigpen, it would have not been possible without all you guys!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Good thread.....good discussion.....

So now we look for the next one!

Thanks Beauty_HairyBeast, Springer & Michael.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You're welcome.
Make note that the board is cutting off the images, and you can right click them and hit "view image" to see it at full scale and un-clipped.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Thankyou!

My next thread is right here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
reply to post by Springer

How did Jeff enlarge the ufo without pixilating it? I'm using photoshop as well but when I zoom in or enlarge it, all I get is massive pixilation.

I have a screen resolution of 2560X1600 and a ridiculous monitor size. Plus, I had a full size resolution image.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I wonder, does Ritzman have any books out?

I'm writing a book about my personal experiences with the phenomenon and the field itself, but it's slow going.

I have written no books on image analysis, really that's just time, training and observation.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by jritzmann]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thx beauty for being such a good "witness" and thx JRitz & Springer for having a closer look at this image/.

This is what ATS is all about and I wish more people would be as cooperative as beauty. Muahhh from the french riviera Beauty.

Peace,
Europa aka Buckwild

Here hun', I just opened ( a few minutes ago !) a thread that you might be interested in taking a look at
;

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Peace,
Europa aka Buckwild

Here hun', I just opened ( a few minutes ago !) a thread that you might be interested in taking a look at

Cheers,
Europa

I was just reading it........

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That was one of the best threads I've followed. Kudos to Springer for getting the analysis and a huge thank you to Beauty for using ATS to share your experience.

This is exactly why I love this site. Great stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
That was one of the best threads I've followed. Kudos to Springer for getting the analysis and a huge thank you to Beauty for using ATS to share your experience.

This is exactly why I love this site. Great stuff.

You are very welcome
and glad you enjoyed it.

I had a fantastic, rollercoaster of a time! This is the only way we will get disclosure.....one day.

Thankyou,

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well what a great thread, as already stated probably one of the best I have ever read on this site. I hope all who have visited this particular thread have learnt a lot about not only UFO analysis, but about this site, and the things I love and hate about it.
Good to see a cooperative witness for a change. Seems a lot of the people who post UFO pictures on here disappear in the face of criticism, either because they have been caught out faking or they can't handle the pressure of critics or rudeness of some members on here. Raised glasses to you. It was obvious that you were a genuine witness who wanted your picture to be analysed to get some sort of result, be it real or otherwise.
And I also raise a glass to those members who put in constructive criticisms and decent debate of he analysis. It was a pleasure to read he for's and against's that led to - well the same conclusion that the professional analysis led to. It was obvious to me what it was, and many others, but those with open minds like to prove these things scientifically. It was good to read peoples thoughts on both sides while we waited for the professional analysis result.
Unfortunately we still had the trolls who jump in and throw in the worthless 2 cents worth and bring down the tone of the thread, but thats life in forums on the internet. Having run one in the past I know of these things.

So thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, which should go down as one of the best UFO analysis threads I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWretched
Well what a great thread, as already stated probably one of the best I have ever read on this site. I hope all who have visited this particular thread have learnt a lot about not only UFO analysis, but about this site, and the things I love and hate about it.
Good to see a cooperative witness for a change. Seems a lot of the people who post UFO pictures on here disappear in the face of criticism, either because they have been caught out faking or they can't handle the pressure of critics or rudeness of some members on here. Raised glasses to you. It was obvious that you were a genuine witness who wanted your picture to be analysed to get some sort of result, be it real or otherwise.
And I also raise a glass to those members who put in constructive criticisms and decent debate of he analysis. It was a pleasure to read he for's and against's that led to - well the same conclusion that the professional analysis led to. It was obvious to me what it was, and many others, but those with open minds like to prove these things scientifically. It was good to read peoples thoughts on both sides while we waited for the professional analysis result.
Unfortunately we still had the trolls who jump in and throw in the worthless 2 cents worth and bring down the tone of the thread, but thats life in forums on the internet. Having run one in the past I know of these things.

So thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, which should go down as one of the best UFO analysis threads I have ever read.

I feel honoured and have been overwhelmed by the response, thankyou so much for contributing

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have 1 more question before I leave this thread if I may...

My picture is now making an appearance on a few websites, someone has even posted it to a certain website under the Eye Witness section but left no description with it, it wasnt me so who did?

Do I need to get a copyright for my image or is it automatically copyright? even though it is not a ufo which we now are all aware of.

Slightly bewildered...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join