It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
I have 1 more question before I leave this thread if I may...

My picture is now making an appearance on a few websites, someone has even posted it to a certain website under the Eye Witness section but left no description with it, it wasnt me so who did?

Do I need to get a copyright for my image or is it automatically copyright? even though it is not a ufo which we now are all aware of.

Slightly bewildered...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

In a copy you use an image editor and place copyright and name.
Post that copy.
Keep the original untouched and safe on your computer
and never post it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deltamist

Yes she has another UFO post.
UFO captured on camera in a cross formation Con/chemtrail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well this case, even turning out mundane, shows how serious ATS is regarding ufology. I want to be the first to say BRAVO ATS, what a job, and what a job by Springer to bring this to the attention of a TRUE image expert. To the OP I would like to say THANK YOU for posting this, even though it was a raindrop it still shows people how something SO SIMPLE can appear SO LEGIT. Thanks for posting this also because it shows you have true dedication to finding the truth to UFO events, regardless if they may turn out prosaic. I have not posted in this thread but once, but I just wanted to say what a showing of TRUE ufological work, especially online.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I've got the analysis back from Jeff Ritzmann and I want to thank Jeff for taking the time to do this for us.

Posted in this exam write up are 2 screen grabs. The image was dropped into LAB color, and you'll see the enlarged LAB color and an adjusted B channel.

This is without question, a raindrop, shaped much like a lateral oval. It this were a disc structure with a flat bottom as it appears, the B channel would not show anything under the "disc" object. However, we get a bottom edge oval shape. The reason this is visible, and the reason for the illusion is that raindrops depending on the viewing angle and horizon, reverse the image refracted inside the water like a lens. The bottom of the "disc" here is the horizon in reverse. The sky is represented in the bottom of the raindrop. However, because the viewing angle is seeing the drop IN the sky as a background, the sky and reflection are nearly the same color value.

After LAB color mode is employed, we can see the slight difference in the bottom of the drop's reflection of the sky and the regular sky seen behind the drop.

In the 2 examples seen here, the LAB color mode version shows a blowup of the object in question (lab1.jpg). Note that the color values firstly are identical to the environment. Thats your first clue. The blue lateral lines are confining (rather graciously) the image perceived as a disc with a flat bottom.

The other black and white image is an auto-adjusted B channel of the same image without the blue guides removed or moved from the previous full LAB color (lab2_B.jpg). Note that now below the bottom line which contained the "disc" we have a solid light under-arc. This is the bottom of the raindrop which is refracting sky, which varies in color so slightly that in the regular RGB image it's simply invisible which completes the illusion. But LAB color gives us the ability to break down the channels in a different way and examine them. LAB is Lightness with color opponent A and B dimensions based upon CIE XYZ color space (CIELAB). LAB can get you really into subtle areas just not visible in any RGB channel operations.

So, there's your raindrop disc.

I don't believe the shooter had any intention of fooling anyone, it's an honest mistake and had those other drops not been there - we'd only have the threatening clouds to suggest rain. There was no intent of a hoax here, so no witch hunts and berating people. It's just a misidentification. They happen all the time.

Jeff Ritzmann

Lab image 1
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73432d510014.jpg[/atsimg]

LAB image 2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fae1cfb361e3.jpg[/atsimg]

LAB image 2 cropped
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ea0c3bb080b.jpg[/atsimg]

I want to emphasize what Jeff says in his report, there is NO REASON to be anything less than civil with "Beauty", she is an Honest Agent and cooperated FULLY with getting this report done.

We won't tolerate rude "I told ya so's" or any form of berating here. This is AboveTopSecret.com after all.

Springer...

[edit on 7-28-2009 by Springer]

[edit on 7-28-2009 by Springer]

Hi Springer,
Is it possible to post or email me the original 'RAW' file?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

I have 1 more question before I leave this thread if I may...

My picture is now making an appearance on a few websites, someone has even posted it to a certain website under the Eye Witness section but left no description with it, it wasnt me so who did?

Do I need to get a copyright for my image or is it automatically copyright? even though it is not a ufo which we now are all aware of.

Slightly bewildered...

In a copy you use an image editor and place copyright and name.
Post that copy.
Keep the original untouched and safe on your computer
and never post it.

Ok that is good to hear because only Springer and myself have the RAW file.
Ive already had a vile message sent to my u2u inbox and Im freaked by the attention this is causing, what next?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jp2009

Why do you want the RAW file please?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Beauty, before we move on I want to say thanks as well. I don't usually post unless something really pisses me off but I just wanted to say...don't sell yourself too short. I think you have more friends here than you think. Keep looking up and know that the general has your back!!! Well done!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralLee
Beauty, before we move on I want to say thanks as well. I don't usually post unless something really pisses me off but I just wanted to say...don't sell yourself too short. I think you have more friends here than you think. Keep looking up and know that the general has your back!!! Well done!

Ok Got ya!

Nice of you to post here and share your thoughts!

Thankyou GeneralLee.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I would like to second that comment. I am a huge sceptic when it comes to aliens but I would dearly love to have one of the UFO pics prove me wrong. Sadly, none have so far done so. But I would like to thank Beauty for (in all good faith) starting this thread and (many) of the other ATSers (most especially Springer) for doing the analysis. A great job and hugely interesting. Many, many thanks.

reply to post by jkrog08

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well this case, even turning out mundane, shows how serious ATS is regarding ufology. I want to be the first to say BRAVO ATS, what a job, and what a job by Springer to bring this to the attention of a TRUE image expert. To the OP I would like to say THANK YOU for posting this, even though it was a raindrop it still shows people how something SO SIMPLE can appear SO LEGIT. Thanks for posting this also because it shows you have true dedication to finding the truth to UFO events, regardless if they may turn out prosaic. I have not posted in this thread but once, but I just wanted to say what a showing of TRUE ufological work, especially online.

I couldnt agree with you more!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jp2009

Because i would love to investigate the file so i (we) can outrule it is really a raindrop. It still could be a UFO, there are techniques with which you can investigate a JPEG or RAW file, other techniques then springer (or his compagnon) shows.

(sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch).

Can i send you an email?
Thank you

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jp2009

I thought a copy was just as good as a RAW original from another thread.
There is an EXIF data the tell if an image has been altered.
In that thread a copy was as good as the original.
The photographer deletes the camera original.
I do to to keep up storage.
I copy from the digital camera memory chip to the computer.
I was told there was no problem in the method.
But I do not have UFO photos the discuss.
One photographer had about 100 photos posted here and on the
net that must have been just copies.
ED: Perhaps when you post on a web site like photobucket the
site changes the photo. I think thats it.
So RAW is just sending the photo by email.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

wow nice water droplet...come on people!!!

now you're reaching.....

i'm beginning to suspect forums like these are SOME peoples avenue for 'reality celebrity'...how sad.

hmmmmm good thread topic there.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun

now you're reaching.....

i'm beginning to suspect forums like these are SOME peoples avenue for 'reality celebrity'...how sad.

I take it you suspect different.
Perhaps there was a window in the way.
That pancake UFO was a big surprise.
How can I make a triangle craft out of that.

Almost did in the UFO out the plane window thread.
That had well defined side pipes in one enlargement.
Now that was a surprise.

Well round or triangle, the side pipes are sure to be
there on some Tesla aircraft models.
Its all going according to plan.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by jeddun

now you're reaching.....

I take it you suspect different.
Perhaps there was a window in the way.
That pancake UFO was a big surprise.
How can I make a triangle craft out of that.

Almost did in the UFO out the plane window thread.
That had well defined side pipes in one enlargement.
Now that was a surprise.

Well round or triangle, the side pipes are sure to be
there on some Tesla aircraft models.
Its all going according to plan.

You are the only person to mention the side pipe, am I correct and were you refering to mine? To me it is reddish in colour and it was the first thing I noticed when I zoomed in for the 1st time.

It is one heck of a weird looking raindrop and it would be good to have more than just one expert analysis....no?.....yes?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I've been following ATS for a few months now, I never passed the line of posting a message, but here I am.
As I could not start a new thread, I answered this one.

What I wanted to show you was this video, I took several days ago, with my cell-phone.

don't give attention to the tags, I uploaded the video from my laptop, wich is a Hp, and the buld in software I used "hp media video" for updating made it.

About the video, this king of light bubble ws floating in the sky, it was late, 1 hour after midnight.
the sky was cloudy and there was some wind.

I didn't take it for long before my cell-phone battery died, and by the time I was begin to charge the battery, the light was gone.

that's all, sorry for my english, this video was taken in France, therfore, I'm French.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solenki
www.youtube.com...

I've been following ATS for a few months now, I never passed the line of posting a message, but here I am.
As I could not start a new thread, I answered this one.

What I wanted to show you was this video, I took several days ago, with my cell-phone.

don't give attention to the tags, I uploaded the video from my laptop, wich is a Hp, and the buld in software I used "hp media video" for updating made it.

About the video, this king of light bubble ws floating in the sky, it was late, 1 hour after midnight.
the sky was cloudy and there was some wind.

I didn't take it for long before my cell-phone battery died, and by the time I was begin to charge the battery, the light was gone.

that's all, sorry for my english, this video was taken in France, therfore, I'm French.

Hi and welcome to ATS

It looks nothing like my Disk...I mean Raindrop he hee

I have seen similar lights/moving stars, whatever you want to call them and so have many folks around the world. When I see them, they give me goose bumps and my curiosity just spirals
There are threads on here dedicated to this type of phenomena if you use the search bar.

Dont apologize for your english, mine is just awful

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So its a raindrop then?Didnt look like one too me,but I bow to the photo experts here

there are loads of strange objects in the sky these days,shame this isnt one of them

Just dropped my singer off at his house and we both saw a helicoptor flying low chasing a ball of light that must have been the size of a small table in relation to the size of the chopper directly infront of the nose cone by about 20 metres.There have been many other sightings of strange lights recently just glad tonights sighting was with a mate in the car seeing the same thing and saying WTF?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
So its a raindrop then?Didnt look like one too me,but I bow to the photo experts here

there are loads of strange objects in the sky these days,shame this isnt one of them

Just dropped my singer off at his house and we both saw a helicoptor flying low chasing a ball of light that must have been the size of a small table in relation to the size of the chopper directly infront of the nose cone by about 20 metres.There have been many other sightings of strange lights recently just glad tonights sighting was with a mate in the car seeing the same thing and saying WTF?

We really are living in exciting times and I cant wait for the NURC (National UFO Reporting Center - if you didnt know already, im sure you probably do!) to update so I can compare to my own personal experience's.

Always nice to know your not alone ( as I usually am, when I see something )

Keep looking UP!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh my... I skimmed over this thread again and I swore I saw "dick shaped UFO Over Snowdonia" haha. My mind is in the gutter again.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join