It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROJECT ISIS: The KGB's Discovery of The Tomb of The Visitor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This post reminded me of this web page I came across a while back.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

“A Soviet archeological expedition was engaged in excavations in Kiev, at a site on Reitarskaya Street. They made a discovery that was to be kept secret by the Soviet Union for 40 years. Those involved in the discovery are fearful even today to reveal their names. One of them reluctantly talked to a Kiev newspaper in 1993. He said that the archeologists found a burial vault at a depth of 16 feet that contained a massive chest. Inside the chest the archeologists found 500 books, written in Arabic, Greek, Sanskrit and Slavic languages.

“The books contained drawings: constructions of orbital stations, hangars for spaceships, and scenes from something like Star Wars. The books also contained the original manuscript, Slovo o polku Igoreve, about the exploits of ancient Prince Ivor, written by chronicler Pyotr Borislavovich. The MVD (secret police) arrived within hours, placed the findings in three covered trucks, and took them away. The archeologists were warned to keep silent about the whole episode. They did, until 1993 when a report appeared in Dzhentry newspaper (Issue #5) in Vladivostok.” (3)

The only other thing I could find on it is this page.

www.phils.com.au...

This Newspaper was run by Alexander Rempel.

The Russian UFOlogy Research Center has been trying to find the whereabouts of the well-known researcher from Vladivostok, Alexander Rempel............Perhaps he found out too much; there has been no news of him since the end of 1994. His newspaper "Dzhentry" is no longer being published.

I'm not that good at researching these kinds of things and there is nothing at all on ATS about this. Maybe you have more info on it. I certainly hope you do. This has been in the back of mind ever since I read it.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Wow... What a great flick! I had never heard any of this before. Thank you so much for posting this thread!

So the tomb of Knowledge is still just sitting there? I am sure that after this documentary came out, somebody excavated it. But WHO?

And for that whole Cult of Russian Scientists to have just disappeared??

S & F

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wow !!!

I really loved the movies !

They look like a mixture of Indiana Jones and Stargate, with Roger More' flavor added as a bonus !

They have, of course, nothing to do with reality, as everybody more 3 years old would realize in less than 1 minute, like the story that Korolev found the drawings of Vostok, R7, Soyuz, N1 and all his achievements in books hidden in a chest in Kiev, of all the places, but who cares ?

Great nevertheless, thank you, stars and flag from me !

Mario

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very interesting prospect, I've already seen that film. Has anyone found the book by the doctor guy, the one they show the cover of all the time? I heard it didn't exist, but I think it would be a good read, regardless of wether or not this is real. Because really, that footage didn't look too real. Specially the part with the "hidden camera" as the guy gives them the tapes, it looked strangely rehearsed, as did the part at the end with that woman. Are there any more documentaries on the subject?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Go thread Z

I've bee doing a lot of reading on the Japanese pyramids as well as the Bermuda pyramids too.

Seems to be related......but still researching

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'll have to delve back into this. I was under the clear impression that this was a hoax, for many reasons. By the way, did they ever test those "many strange objects" that were synthetic, and undefinable found in the tomb? Or did they just mysteriously disappear?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Z, I watched all 8 and was disappointed when they cut off the end

I liked all of it except the part where they showed the disc recovery with the cgi mockup crash. I know I've seen it and could have sworn it was proven fake on another thread. Interesting to think about though and I believe the soviets were researching subjects like this for a long, long time.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So is this supposed to be real? because it looks incredibly fake, the actors are less then convincing, the super secret "KGB film" is clearly fraudulent, why does the camera quality change from 1920's grainy film (and this is filmed in the 60's) to a 1950 clear quality black and white? They even show the same clip with those two different filters applied. (in the first half of the first vid)

At this point i have only viewed about half of the first video, i will watch the rest, but its hard for me to enjoy something that supposed to be real (if this is supposed to be real) when it comes across so bogus.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great find. Ill have to check it out latter.

The KGB like the Nazis were always looking for the strangest things around the world.

The question now is Where is the Body?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
After watching all the way through kinda makes me feel we are nothing more than an experiment. Fair enough we seem to see, feel, sense, touch,taste,hear..........create??

I now feel we are just ameoba's swimming around in someones or somethings test tube in a lab, and the wars that we wage are just one type of cell attacking another type of cell, whilst under the watchful eye of some lab scientist.

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

That story reminds me of the missing library of Ivan the Terrible, i believe. I read about it in an issue of "Sub-Rosa" a few years back. I will try to find a reference to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This was superb and I want to thank you for this. I have been studying this for some time. The one thing that clearly has puzzled me in my research of ancient civilizations is how many civilizations appeared to emerge suddenly with a sophisticated culture, architecture, acute astronomical, mystical and lost technological knowledge.

What was apparent to me is that we are a culture of amnesia and the governments want to keep it that way. The question is why? What is it that they want to keep from us and why do they think that this knowledge should be kept from us?

I also find it interesting that I cannot locate Dr. Victor Voinovich's book anywhere on line, nor in the out of print websites. His name is non existent in all searches I have done. It is as though he doesn't even exist.

I find this whole thing interesting because I believe in the validity of the find. It makes perfect sense to me and to the many ancient texts that all speak of the same original contact that began their civilizations with these sky gods.

So Roger Moore hosts a documentary that is a mind blowing find and yet there is virtually nothing more on it and the author of Project Isis, a Dr. Victor Voinovich is also no where to be found nor is his book. Sounds like a great deal of controlled work to hush this whole thing up.

I have suspected for years that we are sitting on a mountain of mind blowing information that is purposely hidden from us sheeple. At times bits surface but only to be driven back in the depths of that lost and hidden sea where all of earth's vestiges can be quietly hidden if not controlled by the rulers of this world.

Who exactly gave them the right to decide for us what we can and cannot know? Oh right the god of money and power elites with their draconian lineage blood lines.

I'm going to research this further and see what more can be found. If we all put some work into this perhaps more gems shall emerge. I certainly hope so.

Zorgon, I'm looking forward in the mean time to more of your great and wonderful gems. Thank you so much!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Awaiting Google Earth coordinates for the 'Visitors Tomb'.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thumbs up to the OP, every possible lead to a possible proof of present or ancient extra-terrestial presence on Earth needs to be aired and studied.

Nevertheless, this story kind of smells like a hybrid between Raiders of the Lost Arc and the Dropa-stones story (which - when you follow up on names, dates, etc leads nowhere), which is why I'm very skeptical to its authenticity.

I should mention that I am a professional archaeologist, specialized in classic archaeology of the Levant, but with some experience of Egyptian archaeology from my years as a student - notably a dig in Memphis.

Of course, every bit of info in this documentary should be verified and traced to its source, although not by me. I simply want to throw in a few observations from the film purportedly showing the opening of the sarcophagus.

First of all, the film (which is way too dramatic for my taste, but that's just me) shows two apparently Russian (Soviet) soldiers lifting the lid of a Sarcophagus.

Let me tell you how improbable this is. If this was a dig led by professional archeologists, they would never (not even in the 60's Soviet Union) let a bunch of soldiers poke around inside a highly important tomb (which a tomb containing a sarcophagus would be). Those soldiers (if their presence were necessary) would be posted outside the tomb guarding the site. Qualified archaeologists, assistants or trusted workers would be the only ones inside digging, documenting or actually touching artefacts in the tomb.

Soldiers would NOT be the one lifting the lid of the sarcophagus. Please realize the importance of this moment for a dedicated archaeologist. Only the most trusted assistants of the Professor would be designated for this task, and the Professor of the dig would be leading the operation, insisting on extreme caution and care.

It is highly unlikely that the sarcophagus would be opened on the spot, in the tomb. If transportable, it would be extracted from the tomb and - after much study and preparation - opened at a facility convenient for this type of scientific work.

The sarcophagus itself seems to be of stone, and is anthropoid (human shaped). This is what people with little knowledge of Egyptian history think sarcophagi generally looked like, but anthropoid coffins only became fashionable during the New Kingdom (1550 to 1069 BC.). Before that, most sarcophagi were rectangular coffins. Did I get it wrong, or wasn't this tomb supposed to be 10 500 years old? So what is a typical New Dynasty sarcophagus doing in such an old tomb?

Sarcophagi of this stature were always sealed, in general with plaster. In order to open it, you would have to put some work into it, not just simply lift the lid off (which they do with ease by the way, even though a stone lid of this size should be quite heavy). Otherwise, how could that so called 'gas' be contained in the coffin for more than 10 000 years?

I could probably come up with a few more things that does not look right from my point of view, but you get the picture. There is so much to be amazed at in Egyptology, if this would turn out to be a fraud, there's still lots to work with, in order to understand our sometimes mysterious past.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Let me tell you how improbable this is. If this was a dig led by professional archeologists, they would never (not even in the 60's Soviet Union) let a bunch of soldiers poke around inside a highly important tomb (which a tomb containing a sarcophagus would be). Those soldiers (if their presence were necessary) would be posted outside the tomb guarding the site.

You are forgetting that the soviet archeologist in the video said they were forced to wear uniforms

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Thumbs up to the OP, every possible lead to a possible proof of present or ancient extra-terrestial presence on Earth needs to be aired and studied.

Nevertheless, this story kind of smells like a hybrid between Raiders of the Lost Arc and the Dropa-stones story (which - when you follow up on names, dates, etc leads nowhere), which is why I'm very skeptical to its authenticity.

I should mention that I am a professional archaeologist, specialized in classic archaeology of the Levant, but with some experience of Egyptian archaeology from my years as a student - notably a dig in Memphis.

Of course, every bit of info in this documentary should be verified and traced to its source, although not by me. I simply want to throw in a few observations from the film purportedly showing the opening of the sarcophagus.

First of all, the film (which is way too dramatic for my taste, but that's just me) shows two apparently Russian (Soviet) soldiers lifting the lid of a Sarcophagus.

Let me tell you how improbable this is. If this was a dig led by professional archeologists, they would never (not even in the 60's Soviet Union) let a bunch of soldiers poke around inside a highly important tomb (which a tomb containing a sarcophagus would be). Those soldiers (if their presence were necessary) would be posted outside the tomb guarding the site. Qualified archaeologists, assistants or trusted workers would be the only ones inside digging, documenting or actually touching artefacts in the tomb.

Soldiers would NOT be the one lifting the lid of the sarcophagus. Please realize the importance of this moment for a dedicated archaeologist. Only the most trusted assistants of the Professor would be designated for this task, and the Professor of the dig would be leading the operation, insisting on extreme caution and care.

It is highly unlikely that the sarcophagus would be opened on the spot, in the tomb. If transportable, it would be extracted from the tomb and - after much study and preparation - opened at a facility convenient for this type of scientific work.

The sarcophagus itself seems to be of stone, and is anthropoid (human shaped). This is what people with little knowledge of Egyptian history think sarcophagi generally looked like, but anthropoid coffins only became fashionable during the New Kingdom (1550 to 1069 BC.). Before that, most sarcophagi were rectangular coffins. Did I get it wrong, or wasn't this tomb supposed to be 10 500 years old? So what is a typical New Dynasty sarcophagus doing in such an old tomb?

Sarcophagi of this stature were always sealed, in general with plaster. In order to open it, you would have to put some work into it, not just simply lift the lid off (which they do with ease by the way, even though a stone lid of this size should be quite heavy). Otherwise, how could that so called 'gas' be contained in the coffin for more than 10 000 years?

I could probably come up with a few more things that does not look right from my point of view, but you get the picture. There is so much to be amazed at in Egyptology, if this would turn out to be a fraud, there's still lots to work with, in order to understand our sometimes mysterious past.

Good observations. I heard someone say the footage in the documentary IS fake, but a reconstruction of a real one. Sounds like grasping for straws to me though. One would think they would hire someone with a bit of knowledge on the matter when making a film like that.

But the book still bothers me. Usually this kind of film would be used to promote a book and make it sell better, for the author to collect money. But it's nowhere to be found. And the author doesn't seem to exist either. From that you can draw two conclusions: a larger conspiracy, as in the guy disappearing and the book with him, or a larger fraud, in which both never existed at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ah, yes.

But it still doesn't save this film from a number of inconsistencies

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now here is my problem with this...

When I first got into this line of research over 30 years ago there was a lot more clues around in books and publications in libraries. This was before the internet... even BBS sites were barely getting started.

When I watch the video so much reminds me of my earlier research that it was like a "Holy Crap" moment for me personally

I am quite able to believe that the production was 'enhanced' with Hollywood 'embellishment' but the story is what intrigues me.

That we cannot yet find the Dr or the book is not a put off for me... Over the years items in encyclopedias and other history sources have been changed and made to vanish. This is well documented and I have research notes from years ago that I can not find any trace of anymore...

Even in recent years we ran into this We posted a clip from Wikipedia in our star gate thread and a week later it was deleted from Wikipedia. It is still there in the original source at the Internet Movie Database and in the old history files at Wiki

Here is the passage because it is VERY relevant to this thread

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued by an Egyptology student for allegedly stealing the storyline as the student had submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). The plaintiff had a respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he had put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

Now why was this deletd from Wiki a week after we focused on it? Its not a rumor as we wrote the University and were told they cannot discuss it because of the settlement agreement

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There is really only one solution at this point. I need to contact Roger Moore through my Pegasus group and see if I can get some more info directly.

I do not see him as a hoaxer... He presents this very seriously so there has to be more to it. Its a very elaborate story and the Russians selling documents is certainly true...
I have a few myself and even some officers badges and a heat shield tile from one of the Buran shuttles

I wish I had the means to go over there personally... I would get far considering my German birth abd the fact my grandfather sang on the Don Cossack choir.

I look at sites like Project Camelot and see they flew to Russia to interview the kid from Mars... times like that I think maybe I should find a way to raise money with my research, just to be able to afford such excursions

Greer, Bill and Kerry... they live the jet set lifestyle off their viewers and that has always seemed wrong to me... but it would be nice to be able to do 'on the spot' research

[edit on 25-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
For thirty years I have been looking through Egyptian art looking for a particular staff that I believe to be related to acoustic levitation

I had this before...

Well today I found it
after all these years

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38aa281ed740.png[/atsimg]

When I found this video I was expecting the other KGB UFO files. Now I will have to check my CD set and see what else is on there. This story on the Russian Egyptian connection took me completely by surprise. Looks like I will be busy the next few months

Looks like a microphone for speaking certain frequency of vocals so you can use that energy to levitate things and move heavy objects such as stone to build pyramids.....

It's not alien tech....it might be though...but It's just hidden knowledge....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join