It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Another great thread, jkrog08!

I knew about this case, although I did not knew so many details as those posted (although it's a shame we don't have more specific details about what really crashed), and this is another of those really unknown cases that I think are the best proof that something has been happening.

What that "something" is is a different story, I don't think that we need to "borrow" someone from another planet to explain this type of event; only when we have proof that it could not be something made on Earth then I will consider an extraterrestrial explanation before a terrestrial one, and although this is a great case, I don't see anything that makes it impossible for whatever crashed to be from Earth.

But a possible Earthly explanation is just that, a possibility, and even if I think it more likely than an extraterrestrial explanation I do not see any reason to exclude that possibility from the list.

PS: I think ATS should find a way of making threads like this more "visible", they have so much information and they are presented in such a way that I think they as good as any mainstream publication.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If, as is claimed, the object took off and left the water, then we are looking at a technology that is still way beyond anything we currently have, let alone back in the 60s.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

While we have several witnesses of something falling, I don't remember seeing any report of any witness that saw it flying away.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There was only one witness report of seeing something similar exit the water and fly away. This was on October 12th however. Of course I agree that one can not say for certain what it was but I just have a hard time thinking of any likely alternate explanations unless maybe some weird government craft.

I think ATS should find a way of making threads like this more "visible", they have so much information and they are presented in such a way that I think they as good as any mainstream publication.

I could not agree more.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
JK, yet again you post another great thread.

As for the response from the last post, you might be right about there being no witnesses to it flying away. However, if you consider the fact that the Russians were inbound - obviously to investigate - it is conceivable that the "allies" started to send out radio communications stating that "witnesses had seen it fly away".

That sort of thing would make the Russians think twice before entering Canadian waters. Not because it could have been true, but because it could have been a trap set deliberately by the "allies" to say 'look how bad these Russians are...'. Such was the military mindset of the Soviets back then.

As for it being an unknown, that much is certain. I am positive that it wasn't MAN-made, but it was definitely of interest to TPTB. My money is on something ET.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Thanks for your kind words. I personally think it was ET, not because I am bias towards that but because there are no better alternatives. Although the craft itself never performed any extraordinary maneuvers, the shape of it, or lack there of (which really is not known other than just the 4 or 5 lights) is intriguing as well. Also how it stopped mid flight at a 45 degree angle. The other stories about the real recovery are also pretty strong favoring something very strange crashing. One other thing is the "Sulphur smell", this is quite common in UFOs according to witnesses, I just wonder what causes that, further more t is commonly reported that the short Greys have a strong sulphurous smell. So I don't know, the dots are there to connect somewhat IMHO.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As far as i know.. there were 2 civilian witnesses to an object *rising into the sky and vanishing* that coincide with the claims that object did , indeed, take off and leave the scene after a few days... it's in the documentary about the sighting from land and an object disappearing upwards...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by dampnickers

Thanks for your kind words. I personally think it was ET, not because I am bias towards that but because there are no better alternatives. Although the craft itself never performed any extraordinary maneuvers, the shape of it, or lack there of (which really is not known other than just the 4 or 5 lights) is intriguing as well. Also how it stopped mid flight at a 45 degree angle. The other stories about the real recovery are also pretty strong favoring something very strange crashing. One other thing is the "Sulphur smell", this is quite common in UFOs according to witnesses, I just wonder what causes that, further more t is commonly reported that the short Greys have a strong sulphurous smell. So I don't know, the dots are there to connect somewhat IMHO.

The presence of sulphur , in some form, would be in keeping with the *yellow foam* that was witnessed, floating on the surface of the water, by fishermen who thought it was a plane crash they were searching for?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

OK, I didn't saw the video (I hate videos, most of them take at least twice the time I would take to read the same information) and I did not saw any reference to those witnesses on the opening post(s).

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Can't believe I forgot something just as important as flagging and starring. I forgot to DIGG this submition, but do not worry Krog, I just DIGG'ed it.
Now hopefully, others will do the same and this thread gets some serious outside attention!

[edit on Jul 25th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What is curious to me is if the US/Canadian search team tried to capture the UFO, they knew another one was helping it out apparently. But yet is is said some debris was recovered. I wonder if the ship was protected somehow?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks for the "DIGG".

Yes I agree it is important to get the cases like these out to the people. Although this is a well known crash to the ufology community, not many people in the general population know of it, or if they do it is not in the required detail. Plus a lot of this information is spread out all over, so it is best to conglomerate all that in one article.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the depth of the harbour is? I'm just curious, maybe it could be valuable to know this.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Good idea Themythlives....

And a DIGG to go with my S & F

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Come on people! This thread should have at least have 50+ flags by now. Where is the UFO community? This is a well researched and well grounded topic that explains EVERYTHING in one place! What more could you ask for?

jkrog08 again my friend excellent thread and excellent research.
Hopefully, this little bump brings more people in here.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is interesting; apparently there was a witness who claims to have two photographs of the object that he took just before it crashed. Wilfred Eisner (the witness) states that the image is a 5 second exposure; the object in question is the bright ‘blob-orb’ of light. The pictures, courtesy of irishufology.net :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ba6ce7e537e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41925889c6e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
Does anyone know what the depth of the harbour is? I'm just curious, maybe it could be valuable to know this.

Cheers

Good question, I am trying to find that now. I will let you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow, it was hard to find out the depth believe it or not. It crashed in 30 meters (90 feet) of water. As far as the rest of the bay and region I would imagine that the average depth would be somewhere around 200 feet, but this is just a guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Another great "classic" UFO incident J, well researched and well written,
i look forward to more great cases being reviewed with your conclusion included.S&F
hard to say what really went down and weather it was found and retrieved.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Thanks for your kind words, I will try not to disappoint,lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join