It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend Over America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
I have a feeling you complainers are not telling the whole truth about your situations and/or are simply not playing the game right.

Concerning BOA they are right on target not sure how other large banks operate but BOA has been doing this for quite some time now.

I had two relatives that worked there quit because of their practices.

I was with BOA for a long time and one day said screw it their screwing me so I canceled all of my accounts with them and moved to another bank and have been much happier.

I was involved in multiple law suits against BOA and every one was settled out of court.

BOA has been working up to what happened to this guy as it was in the business plan itself according to my relatives have to go to work so don't have time to discuss their ways of making profits that are questionable but they are pretty much a leech not a bank.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

beat u to it like 1 year ago, saw the writing on the wall hehehe

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Seriously? Not one post suggesting not using a bank at all?
Seriously, don't use a bank at all.

Any excuse or inconvenience you think this may cause you, should urge you to pause for thought, and consider those very reasons another example of how controlled you are.

What ever happened to a shoebox under the bed? Do you really have to buy crap off of Ebay? And if you do, just have one of your friends or family do it, or make a large deposit to a paypal account once or twice a year and call it good...

I'm sure some economic guru will come along and tell me how wrong I am, but I see putting your money into a bank account as analogous to lending large portions of your income to McDonalds so that they can do as they please with it while you're not using it... And ten-fold after accounting for common reserve capital banking procedures...

Personally, I get by just fine without a bank account... I'm no hick either... I live in an urban setting just south of Seattle... It's not hard, and I feel proud when I say I don't have a bank account... And the look on peoples faces when you say it is worth it every time.

Fiat currency is bad enough, why would I want to upgrade it to binary...

Anyway, think about it... Wanna talk about voting with your dollar? Use 'em then.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The best course of action is taking your money and putting it locally. When I say locally, I mean in a local bank, credit union, etc, outside the the FDIC.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
All my respect to all that can live bank free,I wish I could.Hope you don't mind but I just want to go off on a caarrrraaazzzzy rant(had a few beers you see!don't take me too seriously)
.This is how I see it...The bankers know they have us by the short and curlies I'm afraid ,and they always have had us bent over(everyone has always known this....I'm stating the obvious).Unfortunately unless there were to be some kind of mass global run on the banks which would crash the global economy they will continue leading us into complete slavery through our own greed for money!Some people laugh at religion and the idea of an anti-christ 666(I'm not into religon btw) and what not but the FACT is we are all born into slavery with the illusion of freedom.Hell we don't need to be stamped on our right hand or our forehead we already worship the Beast (money) through playing the game of life.The banks control the world and the Banks control the Government,The question is Who controls the Banks?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

I'm curious as to how you accomplish that.

Try to take 30k in cash to buy a car or put down on a mortgage and see what happens. Try to get a mortgage or lease without a credit rating and see what happens. Try to open a business without some sort of credit rating - which is derived from your loaning history - and see what happens.

If you have some sort of legal way of avoiding this, please let us know. I'd be open to hearing it.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

One can drive and live and work without being in debt because of it. You're right though. If you're going to drive a 30,000 dollar vehicle, you're either rich, or borrowed the money. I know many people though who drive every day and are neither rich nor debtors.

Now, I'll back off a little bit and say you're right that people deserve these things... A reliable vehicle, a piece of land and/or house... Own your own business etc. It's the American Dream right?
Not only was this never a reality for people of my age and economic status, the realization is starting to creep up the ladder.

It should bother us that we feel we must be in debt in order to obtain these things... For a number of reasons...

Either we feel too entitled.
The system is broken.
Or we have been duped.

There are still other options for sake of argument however... Anything For Sale By Owner, can usually be negotiated for monthly payments of which you don't actually owe, but are paying towards, which also contain little or no interest.

This includes land and vehicles.

It's also not that difficult to be self employed in certain fields. And the most expensive part of your startup will probably be fees, licenses, and insurance anyway... All of which can be paid out of pocket before actually continuing with your goals.

For example... I'm a construction worker, and despite the current hard times, I have work. I could also pay to get licensed and insured if I saved for a couple months. I can now go get contract work, as my own boss, and I don't have any flamboyant expenses that always seem to be associated with starting your own business.

Exchange construction for floral something or other, and now my girlfriend is her own boss too....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah the same thing happened to my brother. He kept getting 20 dollar charges on some premium account they promised him for free for being a long time user. He decided to call in and close the account, which ended up with quite a raise in volume..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
I have a feeling you complainers are not telling the whole truth about your situations and/or are simply not playing the game right.

I keep getting 0% offers. I stay gettin' 'em. Various banks constantly offer to give me cash advances or to float my debt for only a 3% transfer fee, for a year, with 0% interest added to the principal.

Of course it is a 3% loan... get it?

Still lower than anything else I can get. I need to become a bank!

And you wonder why. I know you do. You ask how can they loan money at 3%. The answer is that they get it straight from the Fed for less than that. Plus they carry your loan as an asset and use it to loan out even more money.

I got those daily offers too until I made one big mistake.

I became angry when my account was jacked up to 24% when my credit was pristine and I was given no reason nor recourse when I called to find out why.

So I took my savings and paid off my debt. Good thing right?

Wrong! I had two other credit cards that I have had for years and I used for emergencies only. When I paid off all my debt. I received letters saying that if I did not use the credits cards in 30 days they would be canceled. I refused to establish new debt so they canceled my accounts.

I now have no credit cards. No debt. And I say good riddance.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exopolitico
The best course of action is taking your money and putting it locally. When I say locally, I mean in a local bank, credit union, etc, outside the the FDIC.

Beat me to it.
A small credit union is a great way to beat the big boys if you can get in. A local branch manager can be great for better interest rates and terms if you have a long term account and know them. I've had the same savings and checking account with my credit union since I was 12.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
WoW.

This thread is sad, funny, reassuring and comforting all at the same time.

Most of you are really seriously missing out on capitalism and its joys.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The people fight back . . .

Senate passes credit card bill on fees, interest rate increases

www.usatoday.com...

Meanwhile, some say the bill doesn't go far enough in protecting consumers. While it's "clearly a step forward, there are major gaps to be filled," says Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., whose amendment to cap card rates at 15% was defeated in the Senate, 60-33.

Like hell they do.

For the losers by the losers.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Personally I walked away from my WF account irregardless of money owed on the cc. I figure they got my account paid off with the bailout treason. The Credit Bureaus are nothing but an extortion racked. A way for the banking system to control people without due process of law. I also sent a letter to the car loan people along these lines. www.lectlaw.com... I also included the paragraph below :

Due to the bail out frauds and the fascist New World Order / Illuminati (Vatican and Zionists) being promoted today and the general perverse and corrupt nature of banks and banking, who are the true terrorist and instigators of all modern wars and social traumas, I respectfully ask that you please prove that you (wchv) executed a lawful contract regarding the account xyz.

After the 1st letter which was send by certified mail they tried to contact me by phone a million times even though the letter says not. I would not engage them. I sent a second letter via lawful server hand delivered to the vice president of the mortgage company and haven't yet heard from them. Both companies are tied to the bail out treason.

Also I recently opened an account with two local banks. One bank closed my account three months later saying they had a bad feed back from my prior (WF) bank! That account was not having funds added to it. I just made a one time deposit of funds. The second bank gets deposits regularly and doesn't seem to care. The point is there is always and alternative. When the 1st bank closed my account they called and the told my why they where closing the account. I told them they where acting on behalf of a black list extortion racked (credit reporting) and they offered to reconsider. I told them that they had just told me they where an Illuminati operation and I didn't want to be associated with a business that would try to leverage unlawful means and insisted they close the account.

People need to take a stand and mean it. Don't be afraid of them. It's all a dominance/bluff game. They have no real true power.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I did exactly that. My accounts were with National City and the first thing out of my mouth when I saw PNC bought them with Federal money was "I'm switching banks". Took me awhile, but I finally did this month, to a local state bank. I'm still waiting on some final details before I close out the National City accounts but when I do I'll inform them why I am leaving.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I did. Chase bought over our credit card company, and then upped our interest rate which was under 10%, to 29.99%.

I told them, either lower the interest rate, or I will pay the credit card off and close it. I told them they were very unethical to do what they did, taking bailout money from me, and then charging me more in interest. They said I agreed to the terms of the contract. I laughed and said no I did not, that I had agreed to terms from a different company, and Chase was not it. The person I was talking to became angry and hung up on me. I bet they are getting a LOT of that.

A few weeks later, I got a loan from my local credit union at way under 10%, and paid the credit card off. I called Chase back and again asked them to lower the interest rate. I was told they have no ability to lower the rate.

I again reiterated that either they lower the rate, or I will close the account. They refused, so I closed the account.

Talk about giving it to people in the a double s.

Again, let me state, that I have really excellent credit, and have always made my payments on time.

I am glad to be a member of a local credit union. The people know me by name, and are very helpful.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I did exactly that. My accounts were with National City and the first thing out of my mouth when I saw PNC bought them with Federal money was "I'm switching banks". Took me awhile, but I finally did this month, to a local state bank. I'm still waiting on some final details before I close out the National City accounts but when I do I'll inform them why I am leaving.

Problem in Florida is that a lot of the small local banks are being bought up by the larger corrupt banks.

They are putting the squeeze on us and I have just made up my mind that I am not going to play their game at all. I know that the next step is a cashless society where all money will go through their network and we will only have access by a micro-chipped card and can only do business with government/corporate approved businesses, so i am trying to brace myself for the hardship of living off the basics.

I only hope that all that biblical teaching is true and that God will provide for us off the land as he does for all the other animals of the planet.

I am not a meat eater so maybe I do stand half a chance after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Great Video!

I am all for this, but include all the banks. Especially the NWO bank
Chase, and Goldmans Sachs.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
How about this...

STOP USING CREDIT CARDS!!!!!

Amen brother. I too have not had a credit card in 8 years and If I can't use my debit card or cash then I don't buy it.

And quit watching TV

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe] [/quote

The dumping of the idiot box seems to be a common denominator among those of us who have decided to be proactive.

Sometimes just saying "No" (and meaning it) can be a powerful weapon.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Or since SHTF soon, max out all credit on supplies and gear.

survival supplies and gear are starting to become hard to find depending on where you live, get it while you can

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The reality is that you need to pay off your credit cards every month.

If you're carrying a balance you're screwed.

Now, in our new economic climate, it's more important than ever to pay them off.

I've read that the recession has encouraged more people to save their money. Perhaps they're worried about being the next one to get the axe but saving is a good thing.

Be frugal, pay your credit cards every month and start saving some money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join