It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend Over America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Bank of America Walkout

For anyone who's had this happen in the last 12 months, you know how it feels. You have good credit, used it responsibly and only carried a balance you could afford to repay with the interest rate you were promised. Suddenly your interest rate is jacked from 6% to 18% or even 24% and it's not just Bank of America, but every credit lender doing the same thing.

If you have money deposited in any of the large banks that took taxpayer money and borrow from the Federal Reserve at zero interest, and are now charging you outrageous rates for credit, STOP FEEDING THE BEAST. Go down to your bank today and close your accounts and make sure you TELL them WHY.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Spot on. I hope this gets some numbers behind it.
Our banks over here in Oz all survived the global meltdown relatively unscathed. Yet they have bumped up rates and introduced new fees. Greedy *snip*

People need to get on board with this guys message, not just in the US but the entire Globe.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Banks are no different to regular loan sharks ... Personally i have no dealings with them for that reason. Im really not surprised when people say "oh did you hear the banks did this!?!?" lets face it who actually thought you could trust these people anyway?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Yeah good luck with that.

I tried to do this 15 years ago. I closed my checking account, closed my credit card account and sold my house (to pay off the mortgage) all with Bank of America. I got a new mortgage for my new house with a different mortgage company and got a new credit card and a new checking account.

Sounds good right? Well, everything - except my checking account - is right back with Bank of America through a series of buy outs and things out of my control. You cannot escape them.. they're horrible!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have a feeling you complainers are not telling the whole truth about your situations and/or are simply not playing the game right.

I keep getting 0% offers. I stay gettin' 'em. Various banks constantly offer to give me cash advances or to float my debt for only a 3% transfer fee, for a year, with 0% interest added to the principal.

Of course it is a 3% loan... get it?

Still lower than anything else I can get. I need to become a bank!

And you wonder why. I know you do. You ask how can they loan money at 3%. The answer is that they get it straight from the Fed for less than that. Plus they carry your loan as an asset and use it to loan out even more money.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
HA!

That's a great video. S&F for sure from me.

And I'm with this guy all the way after having my own little recent experience with these pigs, which I posted here::

Bank of America: Your Birth Certificate is NOT valid as ID!

This guy is right. Banks need to earn your business just like any other business. If they don't, then exercise your right as a consumer and pull outta there! Besides, you'd probably help your local economy better to do business with a local, less known bank or credit union that will go to much greater lengths to serve you well.

These banks and unions have typically done a better job anyways of making safer investments and being more careful, meaning that they likely did not contribute to the bad mortgage bubble burst by purchasing and giving questionable loans. They have also not had the benefit of bailout money, so they could really use your business. Great thread!

[edit on Thu Jul 23rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Birth Certificate no longer excepted? When I got my new license I had to have

Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Drivers License
Power Bill -- swear to God, they wanted my electric bill..

Anyways.. We recently had a run in with Wells Fargo .. shady games they were playing with our accounts, including a $12 fee once a month on two checking accounts even though they were supposedly "free checking" .. that went on for 6 months without us realizing since it was a small amount once a month on two accounts.. well regardless of how small it was, it ended up being over $140 total by the time I asked "Hey, what's this charge mean?" .. they apologized and credit my account $12. It felt like a slap in the face to be told it was their error and to only get $12 dollars back.

My conclusion is to close all my accounts and go to a Credit Union .. we had done all our banking with a Credit Union where we used to live, and the service was a million times better.. In fact this year was the first year I ever had dealings with a major bank, and I have been disgusted from day one.

Oh the best Wells Fargo story to date?

We went to the coast for a weekend, and decided to buy a new digital camera at Target.. So we go, pick out the one we want, a really nice one, go to pay for it: Denied. So I used another card to buy it.. and when we got back we called the bank and demanded to know why not only was the purchase denied, but the check card deactivated. Their response? "Our system produces an average of your typical purchases, and your purchase at a Target exceeded what was considered normal, so fraud prevention deactivated your card" .. a mere $250 camera. No one called us to say "someones using your card etc" .. No one told us they could even do that.. we never even got a letter from them explaining why, just a letter with a new card.. and I surely could understand if a random purchase occurred a thousand miles away, but this purchase was literally 3 mins from my own home!?

The "to big to fail" banks deserve to fail, and I hope they do..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good find! S&F

Loved his new "Logo" for them, it fits.

What he says is dead on. As long as American's keep their accounts with BoA they will continue to feed the beast. Same goes for all the "major" banks that took TARP funds. Not only did we "bail" them out but we continue to feed into their ill-gotten gains by paying higher interest rates, bank fees, etc for no reason other than they want more money.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Even before the bank bail out and economic crash I has been telling people that the two worst banks in the nation to bank with are Wachovia and BofA.

Rest assure that many people has been moving accounts from the big banks to smaller banks where they get better deals for their money.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it hilarious that someone with the name "mythat'sabigprobe" starts a thread called "bend over america"?

Sorry. Off topic, I know. It just struck my funny bone.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Right on!

I took all my money out of the bank 4 years ago due to a personal altercation with a bank that soured the whole system for me. And I have never regretted it.
I've managed to earn a decent living without playing credit, I'm debt free and everything I have, I own.
I can imagine how stressful it would be right now if I had talked myself out of doing that. I had good credit and was preparing to use it. Glad I didn't.

Listen slaves: Take your money out of the system. The banking and credit system is just one more link in your shackles.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How about this...

STOP USING CREDIT CARDS!!!!!

I'm sorry but these people are a bunch of whiners... they need to wake up to the fact that CREDIT IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT.

Do not mistake Credit for Loans... Loans are one thing apart from Credit.

I haven't had a credit card in .... well I guess it's been 6 years now. If I can't buy it with cash (I do use debit), then I don't buy it.

Today is easier than it was 5 years ago because there are now car rental places which will take debit cards and there is nothing that I have to have a credit card for.

I'm sorry... but I don't have any sympathy for those with credit cards...

Be your own God!

[edit on 23-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Not possible. I fly often and need to book Hotels often. That pretty much requires I keep a couple.

Not all of my cards gave me issues. Only a couple. I've had no problems with the ones I now use. No interest rate hikes and no other problems. A couple who did that, I simply canceled and moved on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Most people seem to like bending over as long as the TV glows warmly with its mindless content and fast food is within driving distance.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

When you're talking credit cards, Target ranks right up there as the madam of the whorehouse. Every single freaking time I go to Target "Would you like to save 10% today by applying for a Target Visa, sir?" The majority of the time I'm buying something like a birthday card or a pack of batteries so my response is "Um, that $0.27 savings does look tempting, but I think I'll pass." I'd love to know how big a kickback Target gets from Visa for every new client.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good luck finding an 'independent' bank of which has not been 'nationalized' and at Taxpayer expense to boot...one in the rear.

Either way, pull your deposits from these bankster banks.
Don't participate in their system.
Just say No and do otherwise.

If you want to be Free, you better start 'acting' the part.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

True that but the government is shutting down all the small banks. I believe 371 to date. Big Banks are buying up small banks with the tarp money. My estimation is when Obama is done with his destruction plan there will be 3 different bank brands left in this country.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
How about this...

STOP USING CREDIT CARDS!!!!!

Amen brother. I too have not had a credit card in 8 years and If I can't use my debit card or cash then I don't buy it.

And quit watching TV

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Got the same b/s with Chase, buying a $120 plane ticket online. Had to pay cash, which strapped me at the time and was more expensive. However, this month no interest increase, in fact, it's been going down, but not at all close to the original offer. Chin up, folks. This last ditch effort before new rules take effect.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yeah good luck with that.

I tried to do this 15 years ago. I closed my checking account, closed my credit card account and sold my house (to pay off the mortgage) all with Bank of America. I got a new mortgage for my new house with a different mortgage company and got a new credit card and a new checking account.

Sounds good right? Well, everything - except my checking account - is right back with Bank of America through a series of buy outs and things out of my control. You cannot escape them.. they're horrible!

I closed my account with Bank of America twice for this reason and
went with a local bank this last time and plan on sticking with them.

This is why I decided I need to stay the hell away from Bank of India.

Kevin Flanagan

What wikipedia doesn't mention you can verify elsewhere, but
basically he stuck it out for a long time training the ppl to take
the jobs of his co-workers.

It made him so depressed to hear how his co-workers were losing
their houses, losing their marriages, and worse.

After doing this for awhile and he was so good at it he was one
of the last to go and BofA knew one green replacement from India
could not replace kevin, so they had kevin train a few to replace him.

Shortly after that he shuffled off the mortal coil.

A lot of IT ppl decided to boycott BofA that day, and I joined them.

Bank of America is Bank of India to me, and I think my financial
information is safer in the hands of ppl that US law applies too.

I also stand in solidarity with Kevin and all the others that got screwed.

Good Luck to you all !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join