It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTilde

To be fair, a CT site like this tends to be anti-authority, whoever the authority might be.

I don't expect ATS to be any friendlier to Obama than it was to Bush.

Hell, if by some miracle Ron Paul had won, I would have expected the Ron Paul hate threads to begin the next day

On the OP, for me it's not so much that I "don't care", but just that I think the whole thing is a silly mess that snowballed. There is no evidence at all, merely speculation, that Obama was born anywhere but Hawaii

It's just absurd, but a lot of people seem to have latched onto it, I guess with the idea that if they believe it fervently enough, it will somehow become true, and the last election (where the right got handed their behinds by an America sick of their BS) will magically fade away...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I have looked at your link and I agree with damn near everything he said. Let me ask you, where do you live? Do you live in the suburbs of some large city, med city, or small city? Or how about the innercity (ghetto)? or even the out in the boonies? Or is it in the south or north? I have noticed that the answer to these question pretty much dictaite how you respond to gun control. Me I live in the ghetto of Phila. I see gun violence as way of life. Every night I wonder will I turn on the news a see a friend or family member gunned down. Or will it be the 2yr old that was killed by a stray bullet from a fully automatic sub machine gun fired blocks away, fired by a guy who saw someone that he did not like playing B-Ball in the playground.

Have a couple more questions for you.
1) Why would you need to buy more then 1 gun a month?
2) Why do you need fully automatic guns.
3) Why do you need a house full of guns? When you have 3 people and 50 guns thats a bit excessive
4) Why shouldn't a city who is experiancing a high rate of gun violence not be allowed to make there laws stricter then the state or country?

I agree with everything that obama said except about handguns, I think that you should be able own a handgun.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not caring for the legitimacy of your president… Seems to be the root of our problems.
Poorly educated, youthfully arrogant, deliberately manipulated by sinister forces, big city-dwelling parasites finally reproduced in numbers enough to force one of their own upon all of us.
Of course, THEY don’t care! They voted for themselves and their reps the legal rights to rob the taxpayers, so they can carry on their rotten ways. The only sure way to make them care is to STOP FEEDING THEM!
As stone-hearted as it sounds, but stop giving your money to charities – you are feeding your enemy! If you want to help somebody – do it personally, whom you deem deserving.
Avoid paying taxes in any legal way – you are feeding your enemy! The current government is a clear enemy of the productive part of the society, everything it does is cheered by the bums – clear enough indicator.
The necessity of being politically active is forced upon us: we have no other choice but fight to get our country back. It is harder for us because we have responsibilities, unlike the Obamaniacs, but it will make our victory more glorious.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You know what? I'll concede the point. Obama was born in the US.
-yea!-
But the fact remains that there are those Obama-ites out there who would support him if he weren't. Which makes you hipocrites. If it is ok for Obama to break the law (theoretically) then why shouldn't it have been ok for Bush or any other president?

Lets just lay all our cards on the table and say it. Obama is better than the rest of us. Right? I mean, he shouldn't be held accountable, right? He is a liberal -snort- and that makes it ok, right?

Damn Bush, damn all the other presidents, Obama shouldn't be held to the same laws as the rest of us, right?

That's the whole point of this thread, isn't it? Obama should not be accountable to the laws of the country. He is above the law. Above all things, right? He is sooo dreamy and perfect that silly little laws should not apply to him, . . . . right?

Good president, bad president, Bush, Obama, they all need to obey the law. And anyone who says different is a koolaid drinker extreme.

This is the same mindset that led to kristallnacht and it truely scares the living hell out of me. Forget Jim Jones, David Koresh, we are on the cusp of something much bigger and scarier.

53% of Americans voted for him. -sigh- 47% will suffer along with the rest.

Go follow your infallible messiah. Let him be above the law. Ignore the truth when it is presented to you.

Next year, if not before, I'll be expecting an apology.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley
reply to post by Bearack

I have looked at your link and I agree with damn near everything he said. Let me ask you, where do you live? Do you live in the suburbs of some large city, med city, or small city? Or how about the innercity (ghetto)? or even the out in the boonies? Or is it in the south or north? I have noticed that the answer to these question pretty much dictaite how you respond to gun control. Me I live in the ghetto of Phila. I see gun violence as way of life. Every night I wonder will I turn on the news a see a friend or family member gunned down. Or will it be the 2yr old that was killed by a stray bullet from a fully automatic sub machine gun fired blocks away, fired by a guy who saw someone that he did not like playing B-Ball in the playground.

Have a couple more questions for you.
1) Why would you need to buy more then 1 gun a month?
2) Why do you need fully automatic guns.
3) Why do you need a house full of guns? When you have 3 people and 50 guns thats a bit excessive
4) Why shouldn't a city who is experiancing a high rate of gun violence not be allowed to make there laws stricter then the state or country?

I agree with everything that obama said except about handguns, I think that you should be able own a handgun.

Does anybody force you to live where you do?
What makes you think that your neighbors running around shooting people will obey new laws, given they do not obey current?
Why disarming ME makes YOU feel safer? Am I ever threatened you in any shape or form?
What business do you have dictating me what I can or can't have? I am a responsible, law obiding, tax paying citizen, if you can tell the same about yourself - let's respect each other by not trying to promote new infringements of our rights.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bush burned down the house, now everyone is upset Obama is taking a wrecking ball to it?!?

Divided we have fallen. Divided we have fallen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Bush burned down the house, now everyone is upset Obama is taking a wrecking ball to it?!?

Divided we have fallen. Divided we have fallen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Bush tried to put out a fire using a bucket of gasoline.

Obama is just using a bigger bucket.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You're making a huge mistake by indulging in left vs right partisan garbage.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
wrong post. . .my bad

[edit on 21-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by kozmo

Why should you care where one is born?
what is the definition of being born English, American or Welsh, or anything else for that matter.
It is a stupid argument,and a stupid law.If you are born in a certain country, then you would be by law, a citizen of that country, like America, Britain and probably most other so-called Democratic countries which allows its citizens to become President or Prime Minister, or even Dictator.
I did include Britain, whose constitution is unwritten, and given a time period allows Commonwealth "citizens" to become a Prime Minister,however a Roman Catholic Prime Minister is so far not on the cards.
Anybody who lives in a Democratic country and who has not disgraced themselves should be allowed to be the chief.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by smurfy]

You know I keep reading these threads and it just amazes me how many people miss the point.

It's not about where he was born nearly as much as it is about the fact he would cover up the fact he is not eligible (intentionally break the law), and in the process cause a constitutional crisis apparently all for his desire for power.

If the president does not uphold the law and gets away with it, than it only demonstrates he is above the law. What happens when laws are no longer followed? This is how dictatorships start.

My post was a reply to kozmo, it was he/she who "cared" as to where Obama was born,(without saying why) and not me...that should have been obvious in my reply.
For your post,it is full of throwaway lines"The [fact]? that he would cover up the [fact]? that he is not eligible"..."intentionally break the law"..."constitutional crisis"?..."apparently all for his desire for power"? (the question marks are mine)
The USA already had a dictatorship and lawbending with GWB and his "Whatever it takes" attitude, but I guess that was okay then.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ummm just because people don't support Obama doesnt mean we support mccain or bush. They are all puppets. And I think he should PROVE he was born here. Screw obama I and no one I know support this man.

Hell I'm black and CANNOT support Obama. I just wont. Only reason he got elected was because confused young black first time voters voted just because he was black. And a lot of white people thought hed be diff than the typical "old white dude". Well he isnt any diff. Screw obama. That mans not my pres.

BTW if he wasnt born here he is NOT qualified to be pres. This threads absurd.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

In the days and weeks surrounding Obama's election, the professional hate-mongers and war cheerleaders, such as Sean Hannity, Mark Levine, and others of their ilk tried to get America riled up over allegations that Barack Obama was not born in the United States, and America responded with a collective shrug of indifference.

I love it when someone resorts to labels. I especially enjoy it when the naive and ignorant call the insightful and realist of mind "Hate Mongers/War Mongers" and any of the like. It is simply your way of burying your head ever so further into the sand, so that you might somehow live a comfy, care free life, naive to the World's suffering and dangers.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Well so far he seems to have the legal proof..the"papers" As for proving where you were born, that is strictly speaking, impossible.You would have been too busy gurgling,farting and burping at the time to know where you were born...and most likely didn't give a toss!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

Office, I would like to correct myself as I didn't make that point very clear.

You are correct - 57% of the population is not "everyone."

I meant to say, "taxpayers."

His name is MUD with taxpayers.

He's a hero to tax eaters.

It's the taxpayers on the warpath, and at the end of the day, they have the money. The guns. The guts. And a work ethic.

And if something happens, and this nation goes tits up, I hope we all have the intelligence to give California back to Mexico.

We should share our greatest source of "intelligensia," liberal and backward-asses as they are.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by flightsuit

In the days and weeks surrounding Obama's election, the professional hate-mongers and war cheerleaders, such as Sean Hannity, Mark Levine, and others of their ilk tried to get America riled up over allegations that Barack Obama was not born in the United States, and America responded with a collective shrug of indifference.

I love it when someone resorts to labels. I especially enjoy it when the naive and ignorant call the insightful and realist of mind "Hate Mongers/War Mongers" and any of the like. It is simply your way of burying your head ever so further into the sand, so that you might somehow live a comfy, care free life, naive to the World's suffering and dangers.

In reply to Agent19.(flight's post is the first one above,Agent19 is the second ) Sometimes these kind of reporters put the "labels" on themselves, because they seem unable to report something without asides,Fox news does it all the time with no substance asides like,"would you believe it" "Get this" and choreographied with a video.These are the supposed in-depth news programmes that i'm talking about and they are rubbish.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't care if Mickey Mouse was in power as long as he was honest. The thing is that it is now time for every single leader in every country in the world to be told in no uncertain terms that they are in office to govern and do the will of the majority of the people...that they are there to SERVE the people...to administer the laws of the land and NOT to lie, cheat, steal and line their own pockets or the pockets of their puppet masters...and not to try to kill us all off with their manufactured viruses and vaccinations. There are very, very few of them and 6 billion of us. And if there are enforced vaccinations or people start dying from these untested vaccines then I hope to God people finally wake up and do something. I wasn't sure I believed any of this until I read a few things recently. Apart from Jane Burgermeister there is this from a woman who worked for the Bush administration;

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

I believe one of the goals of the swine flu vaccine is depopulation. Perhaps it is the goal of a swine flu epidemic as well, whether bio-warfare or hype around a flu season.

As my efforts to find ways of reengineering government investment in communities failed to win political support, Washington and Wall Street moved forward with a debt bubble and globalization that was horrifying in its implications for humanity. Overwhelmed by what was happening, I estimated the end result. My simple calculations guessed that we were going to achieve economic sustainability on Earth by depopulating down to a population of approximately 500 million people from our then current global population of 6 billion.

And if you don’t believe they will authorise mandatory vaccination there is this;

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org... hains/

“Authorizes a demonstration program to improve immunization coverage. Under this program, CDC will provide grants to states to improve immunization coverage of children, adolescents, and adults through the use of evidence-based interventions.” The word “interventions” causes concern. “States may use funds to implement interventions that are recommended (or perhaps mandated) by the Community Preventive Services Task Force, such as reminders or recalls for patients or providers, or home visits.” Including “home visits” suggests that perhaps immunization teams will intervene at personal residences to assure everyone is vaccinated if federal mandates order it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Then if you don't die from swine flu you have your health bill to help you along, just try not to get sick, be old, or be disabled:

Some cultures respect the old. Under Obama healthcare, we will kill them off. Here’s Peter Singer, professor of bioethics at Princeton University, in a New York Times Magazine article, Why We Must Ration Health Care, already deciding who to kill off once national healthcare hits.

The death of a teenager is a greater tragedy than the death of an 85-year-old, and this should be reflected in our priorities. We can accommodate that difference by calculating the number of life-years saved, rather than simply the number of lives saved. If a teenager can be expected to live another 70 years, saving her life counts as a gain of 70 life-years, whereas if a person of 85 can be expected to live another 5 years,then saving the 85-year-old will count as a gain of only 5 life-years. That suggests that saving one teenager is equivalent to saving 14 85-year-olds.

Following the mad recommendations of Peter Singer made in NYT’s Sunday magazine, it pays to take a look at what is actually in the healthcare bill. It’s worse than you can possibly imagine. Somehow, it manages to be Singer on steroids. Who wrote this bill. It has Singer’s footprints all over it. Peter Fleckstein (aka Fleckman) is reading it and has been posting on Twitter his findings. This is from his postings (Note: All comments are Fleckman’s)

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Govt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of atty. Mandatory!
PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Govt provides apprvd list of end of life resources, guiding u in death
PG 427 Lines 15-24 Govt mandates program 4 orders 4 end of life. The Govt has a say in how ur life ends
Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An “adv. care planning consult” will b used frequently as patients health deteriorates
PG 429 Lines 10-12 “adv. care consultation” may incl an ORDER 4 end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV
Pg 429 Lines 13-25 - The govt will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.
PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Govt will decide what level of treatment u will have at end of life

Then you have dear ol’ Obama , the yet to be determined legal or illegal POTUS;

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org... hains/

Obama was callous in saying “Loading up on additional tests or additional drugs” must be curbed. “Maybe (some would be) better off not having….surgery, but taking (a) painkiller” instead. He showed disdain and indifference in stating that “the chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80% of the total health care bill out there” – the inference being ration their care and let ‘em die to cut costs.

Yes, what a lovely man...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I honestly don't know what is the greater threat, Obama and his policies and the possibility of his breaking the laws of this country, or. . .

His followers, who don't care that he would or could break the law.

What would it take for the Obama-ites to turn on him? What WOULD he have to do in order to have them say, "Ok, birth certificate, was one thing, killing baby seals, meh, thats ok too. But, _____________ NOW he's gone too far! I can't support him anymore!"

We'll find out if and when we come to that point. So far, Obama hasn't done anything horrible, and he has been working hard to do some serious good. Witness his current efforts to get us some health care, and the shameless attempts by the Republicans to block health care reform, no matter how much it hurts the American people.

The fantasy you have about me, and about Obama supporters in general, is that we're a bunch of starry-eyed cultists who will unquestioningly support Obama no matter what. You're wrong. He has our support because he's worthy of it and because he continues to earn it on a daily basis.

Prove that he's another Clinton and I'll drop him like a hot potato. Understand, though, that anything coming out of the mouth of an Obama detractor will be taken with a grain of salt, 'cause the people who hate Obama have done a splendid job of destroying their own credibility by remaining in bed with the very worst kinds of racists, religious bigots, and war cheerleaders.

Obama's earned our trust. If you guys who hate him want any of your anti-Obama arguments to be taken seriously, I would suggest that you start earning back your credibility. Good luck with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join