It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne
Would you 2 stop it, please!!! Hijacking this thread for your own little battle is taking up alot of space and of no regard concerning this topic!!

GEESH............

Well, sadly, Mike says he's going to prove himself to be the better man by graciously bowing out of this argument. I apologize to anybody who was enjoying our disagreement and would like to see it continue for another couple of pages; I can't keep it going by myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I'd be more than happy to discuss the salient points. But first, what facts do you have that can illustrate how Obama is improving this country?

Give me one, just one thing that he has done to make America a better place to live.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That was me that misspelled the word.

Well I think everything that needs to be said has been said, if you don't get it by now then you are a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

First the birth certificate issue did not come from the MSM; it came from conspiracy sites and pseudo-news sites on the Internet.

Second, I quit the Republicans for good over Bush. I recognized once and for all that both of the Parties are fully corrupt and neither the R's nor the D's are to be trusted. Both sides lie and both sides want to control us not lead us.

If you are still a part of either Party, you have been misled IMO.

As long as they keep us arguing about who is right and who is wrong, they can do as they wish to us.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I did the same thing. I don't feel that I left the republican party as much as I think the republican party left me. I became an Independant, just to cheese off those that I knew in my neighborhood that spouted republican rhetoric and those that spouted democratic rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's late. I've been writing all night. (working on a book) but I took another look at the title of this thread.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

This question sums up what is wrong with the political system.

We can rail on Nixon, he said he was above the law. He broke the law and got caught.

We can lambast Reagan (god bless the man IMHO) for Iran-Contra, because some believe he broke the law.

We can make fun of Clinton, he had "zipper" issues and lied. But he got caught lying, and that was the bigger sin, to some.

Bush fought a war. I honestly believe he was trying to keep America safe. Did he screw up? Yes. TARP? You betcha'! Big time. And he will have to live with that legacy for the rest of his life.

But the funny thing about Obama, and his followers, he can "in theory" break a HUGE law, where he was born, and his followers say "we don't care".

It's sad to see such blatent hypocracy in America today. It's pathetic and sad for our entire country when we can allow this to happen. Arrogance has taken a huge leap forward with this crowd.

Does equality under the law matter anymore? Does being on top, trump, being right and noble? Just the thought, the very idea that he might be breaking the law, and his followers are ok with this, support and defend this, makes me frightened for what else might be comming down the pike for our country.

Because even if he was born here, the fact that they (his followers) don't care about the idea of his breaking that law, what other laws will they allow him to break? Is this the first time that a sitting president will be allowed to be above the law? What kind of president are we setting for the rest of our country?

When I was young, the ideal, the best you could be, was to become president of America. I was young, naive, foolish, some say I still am.
I know now that leaders are flawed. They make mistakes. But laws are there for a reason. And no one, not even a president, should be allowed the idea that he is above such laws.

And even worse, no group of people should ever think that a president should be allowed to be above the same.

-class is over, assignments are on the board, homework is due on tuesday-

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I would ask that the name of this thread be changed to "Why I Don't Care Where Obama Was Born."

Saying WE implies that everyone already agrees with you, which is obviously not true. I would prefer that you not imply that you have my support in your opinions, when I don't know you and haven't even been given the option to do so. I find threads like this insulting, and plain disrespectful. Please keep your blanket statements and opinions to yourself.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

It's not worth wasting your time and energy on these folks.

They'll just drag you down with them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Yeah, arguing with facts can be so insulting. . .

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Exactly.

A year ago, I'd call myself a Democrat.

Now? Not likely.

I hate both parties equally.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Ok, if you have the facts, why isn't this silly distraction going anywhere significent?

And don't you have bigger things to be worrying about like keeping a job, a roof over your head and feeding yourself (and if you have one, your family)?

Most of us have bigger priorities than worrying about a silly birth certificate.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Then there were us so called right wing nuts that bit**ed about Bush and his atriocities. His Homeland Security and Patriot act.

You mean you are one of the liberals by sarah Palin standards? I would like to welcome you to the party

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

That was me that misspelled the word.

D-oh! I guess I need to pay attention! Now there's egg all over my face!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
I would ask that the name of this thread be changed to "Why I Don't Care Where Obama Was Born."

Saying WE implies that everyone already agrees with you, which is obviously not true. I would prefer that you not imply that you have my support in your opinions, when I don't know you and haven't even been given the option to do so. I find threads like this insulting, and plain disrespectful. Please keep your blanket statements and opinions to yourself.

Chrono

I'm not speaking for you, but I am accurately conveying to you the feelings and sentiments of the majority of Americans who voted. This birth-certificate scandal first made headlines prior to election day, the information was out there, and it was not compelling enough to prevent us from electing Obama.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It is funny that anyone would have the arrogance to assume that they spoke for the majority of some what, 70 million or so voters that make up the 51% or so that got Obama into office. I'm sure you've called or emailed them all to find out if they agree with you or not. Which you have not, which means I was right in my original post about it just being you're opinion. My statement that the thread titles needs changed still stands. You Sir/Madam, speak for no one but yourself.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Sure...the beast from the sea. A beloved political leader that goes about the world gathering support for the Antichrist....

Seriously, we can make anything fit if we want to stretch it far enough.

As for Obama and the eligibility thing. Why would you fight the question in the courts with delay tactics and obsification instead addressing the question head on and getting it done and over?

I have to say, however, I am less worried about if he is or is not eligible than I am about the ones that say "who cares". So many people hated Bush for his skirting of the Constitution and other laws and here we have a president that may have blatantly ignored it on his own eligibility. It may be an obscure clause for those that cannot tell the difference between Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution, but for a lawyer and law scholar to not know it? Come on, it just harkens back to Clinton and his definition of "is" is. Only this time we are talking about something a little more serious than oral sex and an extramarital affair.

But speaking of Clinton, Obama should be well aware that the whole Monica thing came out after Clinton thwarted investigations into his wife's real estate deals. Star kept working until something stuck. If the BC issue is indeed BS, Obama would be better served by whipping it out so we can move on to deeper issues at hand...like giving huge amounts of money and power to ACORN and other organizations and businesses that helped him become elected. The old practice of "To the victor go the spoils" is supposed to illegal when dealing with the presidency. The Cap and Trade taxes, the increased sin taxes of tobacco, letting the FDA handle what is neither a food nor a drug.

I guess I should applaud the guy for letting the is he or isn't he be a good distraction to all the other crap going on. Still I wonder if perhaps Clinton didn't do Elian Gonzales a favor by getting him out of America all those years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Ok, if you have the facts, why isn't this silly distraction going anywhere significent?

And don't you have bigger things to be worrying about like keeping a job, a roof over your head and feeding yourself (and if you have one, your family)?

Most of us have bigger priorities than worrying about a silly birth certificate.

Nothing.....and, I mean, NOTHING......should be more important (in today's America) than our Constitution!!! It is being ignored, and stripped from us, daily by the politicians. Who, by the way, seem to get away with it more and more - precisely because of this type of view by the masses. (masses = dumbed down, brainwashed Americans)

Just the thought, the very idea that he might be breaking the law, and his followers are ok with this, support and defend this, makes me frightened for what else might be comming down the pike for our country.

EXACTLY!!! If the People are not interested in upholding our Constitution, our fate is already sealed!! It is just a matter of time before our government starts criminalizing Constitutionalists (people who believe in and want to abide by the Constitution). And they, my mind controlled Americans, are the only ones that could possibly save this country from anything other than the Constitutional Republic it was founded to be!!

That being said...................

Obama's online 'birth cert' misses 'proving' eligibility

The "Certification of Live Birth" posted online and presented by Barack Obama as documentation of his reported Hawaiian birth doesn't "prove" his birth alone, according to government officials interviewed by WND.

According to officials with the U.S. State Department, such a short-form birth document might – or might not – be accepted as documentation of a U.S. birth for a passport if it meets certain requirements.

Okay....according to statements made in this article, calls made to the State Dept about a short form birth document being acceptable for acquiring a passport resulted in those calling being told NO!!! You cannot get a passport with anything other than the long form BC.

If this is the case, and correct, than how the hell can it qualify as proof of citizenship for a President?!?!?!??

Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees to fight releasing a state birth certificate that could put to rest the questions.

And, this?? Quite frankly, the last quote is most compelling to me. The President's actions, concerning this, just does not make sense!!

For those that want to know why the BC is in question......

[edit on 7/21/2009 by Champagne]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

If you honestly believe the US had a hand in the September 11 attacks. Then isn't easy to jump to the conclusion those same people got Obama elected? If they had the power to pull that off, getting a non citizen elected is childs play. I think you may be looking left and right while they are kicking you from behind.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

To the op

brethren like yourself are the reason why we don't deserve a country. If those in the highest elected seat don't have to have a REQUIRED prerequisite, then all rules are null and void. thats called anarchy. Get with the F'ing program

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I consider myself a progressive moderate, and my paradigm is totally separate from the Republicans and the Democrats.

And may I ask you, since you said that everyone was sick of the last eight years of criminal escapades, than why are you happy about having another four or possibly eight years of the same old show and dance?

As far as I am concerned Bush = Obama. Democrats = Republicans.

I mean come on, the word "Congress" is the opposite of "Progress".

It is blatantly obvious, and this actually has nothing to do with Obama at all, it has more to do with "Totalitarianism" in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join