It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have no problem with people raising concerns about his legitimacy.

It is the political/ religioso (ya, thats my versions of religious) pandering that constantly takes place over the subject.

If the man truly should not be President, then so be it! Provide the evidence to take him out of office. Maybe we can get someone who isnt the whipping boy of the democratic party.

But the whole black and white, red vs blue, conservative vs. liberal and their subsequesnt religious style views on the matter is beyond sickening.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

What bickering? You did not even read the thread. This is what is wrong, that people are not reading.

If you would realize the vast majority of people here are arguing that Bush=Obama, you would not have said what you did.

Please read more closely.

By the way, my next door neighbor is black, and he agrees with me 100%, that Obama=Bush and Bush=Obama. One in the same.

In fact he said he thought Obama was not a citizen first. LOL. And I changed the subject.

I guess people who think "black folks will be upset" are just generalizing a people of ethnicity as being all the same. Very shameful, because in reality, everyone is different and can think for themselves.

Luckily I am open minded enough to realize that a person's color does not indicate their beliefs or what politics they support.

Listen to some Immortal Technique if you are curious.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

First Obama is just trying to clean up the mess or last dictator sorry president left. If anyone was trying to infringe on your rights it was Bush. Lets start from the bigining.
1) Took away our right to vote - He successfully stripped all americans of their right to vote in both elections.

2) Took away the right to bear arms for many - If you are a person of color (not just black) you now have a much harder time buying any weapon.

3) Took away our right of free speech - We all must be very carefull about what we say about our government (especially those close to bush) because they are listening to our phones, watching us on the street and have no problem linking us to the terrorist.

4) Paved the way to reinstuite slavary - Not like we saw hundreds of years ago. I mean forced labor camps for americans. Signed bill after bill giving power to government enities that are controlled by his lackies just incase we come under attack. Martial law is to be instated and millions of americans will be taken to camps for their "safty"

If you want I will provide you with the links to this info.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Anyways his mom was American and his father was Kenyan of that there is no dispute, so even if he was born inside or outside of America by pure logic he is still 1/2 American any way you want to dissect it.

Which means Obama is NOT a natural born citizen.

So by your own logic you have proved that Obama does NOT meet the eligibility requirements of the Constitution to be President since he must be a natural born citizen.

Thanks!

[edit on 7/21/2009 by WhatTheory]

The information provided by this link refutes that, did you even read it?
www.factcheck.org...

And your post also verified my points exactly too.

So Thanks

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

We just spent the last eight years watching a criminal regime dismantle democracy, defecate upon our Bill of Rights and Constitution, degrade our standard of living, plunge us into two never-ending wars, and change America from the most legendary and beloved nation in history to the most feared and hated.

Don't you get tv in San Fran? I mean other than MSNBC? We have someone in the White House who IS working on destroying the 1st, 2nd, and 10th ammendments right now. Talk about trashing our constitution and bill of rights! Your Dear Leader has given us HUGE unemployment, a bigger deficit than Bush did in 8 years, more corruption, lies, and has gone on an Apology Tour 2009 (buy the t-shirt!) that has made the US a laughing stock.
I hope you're still praising "Dear Leader" Obama in the food lines and unemployment office!

Good god! Open your eyes and get off the kool-aide! Yeah, Bush sucked! Blah, blah, blah. No arguement here. But this is Barackistan now. Not Bush country. And he is turning it into something our founding fathers would have puked over.

-as a matter of fact, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth-

you are wrong on everything you pointed out, and thus need not be taken seriously...are you advocating the overthrow of this government? sounds like it to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Show me the Birth Certificate, AND I won't care either!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
The information provided by this link refutes that

So you are posting a link refuting your own words.

I'm not talking about his BC. I'm talking about your own words.

You said that Obama's father was Kenyan. Given that fact that you put forth Obama cannot be a natural born citizen. So how does that help your case?
You just proved with your own words your opponents case.

And your post also verified my points exactly too.

How's that? By proving you wrong!

I think you might have a slight reading comprehension problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

You make the very false assumption that all of us republicans are right wing nut jobs; kudos to your brain washers, they were very effective.

What you don't seem to understand (most likely due to your extensive conditioning) is that most of us "conservatives" hated Bush and his envoy of evil.

Perhaps the media has you confused to what the definition of a conservative is, let me explain for you:

resistant to change
opposed to big government
opposed to government involvement in individual's lives
opposed to taxes
opposed to war (that's right the REAL conservatives have historically been the people to get us OUT of wars not into them)
skeptical of big business
skeptical of government

This is not what republican POLITICIANS are today (other than perhaps Ron Paul); however, there ARE still citizens that hold the values of a conservative republican.

On the other hand the democrats have historically stood for:
Big government
government control of everything
taxes, taxes, and more taxes
big business
sticking our nose in every country's behind
spending money we don't have
limiting rights of individuals

I think it would be plainly obvious to you at this point that all we have in Washington now is democrats no matter what animal they associate themselves with (elephant or donkey). In all actuality they have systematically turned each and every one of us into donkeys by constantly making an ass out of us and we are just stupid enough to buy into it.

The time to wake up my friend has come and passed, yet you still sleep. You need to see your government for what it is and not what you would like it to be. They are nothing more than spokespeople for the corporations they represent and you my friend are not included in that group.

So go ahead and continue to excuse or condone their lying, cheating, and rape of the people of this once great nation. Its ok so long as you have someone else to blame. Do not take the responsibility that each and every one of us allowed this to happen, just look for a scapegoat to point a finger at.

Bush was a piece of trash, Obama is a piece of trash, wake up man and smell the trash that permeates your world.

Most of us who you accuse of being right wingers were the ones screaming the loudest about Bush. Now we are screaming about another tyrant. OK so were looking for a technicality to rid ourselves of trash; how is that such a bad thing? We have to do something, the idiots already have too many people like you so brain washed they will support anything they do, we need to use any tool available to us until you and your somber friends hear the alarm that's been ringing in your ears for the last 20 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't care where the slimebag felon was born... I just want him and his thugs out of power.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
in the very begining of his own book he says how he was raised by his grandma IN KENYA

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Here we go again...
Just paint everyone with a broad brush of hasty generalizations. I did NOT support Bush. I detested the "Patriot Act", the wars, the evesdropping, the torture, the economy etc... And, strangely enough, I DO care about where Obama was born.

To me every battle is worth waging if we are to get our country back. But to use Bush as justification for a usurper in the White House... Now that is just too partisan, short-sighted and simply stupid for me to even begin to entertain.

Bush is gone - we're done with him. Now we have a new criminal regime in the White House. I intend to fight this one with the same vigor that I fought the last. I suspect that a rapidly growing majority of Americans are beginning to feel this same way.

In short, 8 years of Bush in the White House is EXACTLY why we need to step it up a notch and get this criminal out before there is no country left to defend.

You have kinda got good points but all of you are sadly WRONG! Obama is there so people like you will kill him so the race war begins and we all go to concentration camps. Bush didn't start all of this either and it is those who put these people in office (google Obama ditches media during campaign to find out who he met/Oh and the Clinton's are BBBs as well [Bilderberg Butt Boys) that want you all dead so they can have their way with those left. You can 'get the usurper out of office' all you want but they will just put another in his place just like they did Bush.
If you really want this all to stop then you all need to do what you are so afraid to do - 1. give up your material possessions and let the banks fail miserably without starting a race war. 2. Completely defy the government by protesting every bill on the floor right now! 3. Look at yourselves as well and find out how much programming (yes you are programmed and if you said you are not, then you are in denial - regardless of whether you support Obama or hate him) is leading to our demise - remember, martial law is their "CHECK MATE" for us - are you certain you are not helping them?
Stop all the division because that is all this is designed to do - divide us!
It is our complacency, our desire to hold on to our petroleum products and reluctance to learn to survive w/o what they drive into your heads daily as conveniences that is keeping you on the tip of the ice berg, never figure out why the bottom of your boat gave way.
Please get with the deprogramming portion of this journey people. Lost the fear. For those that wish to get those docs - FOIA the heck out of them and keep doing it. For those opposed, this is bigger than the historic precedence of a black man in office. Others have infiltrated our political offices through diabolical methodology in order that you never see the "men behind the curtain" because you will always look at the man they put in front of the curtain. As I said before, you have demonized every president since Regan saying they were the anti christ. None were. But the situation has not changed and is dire and the funny thing is you are still pointing at the presidency saying the same thing. Isn't there a saying that to continue to do the same thing over and over is the mark of insanity? When are we gonna do something different people? When?!
Oh and if you do get Obama out who you think is gonna be president?
Please really think about this people. Time is very short indeed.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Sigh.

Snopes - Birth Certificate Issue

I'm not going to do your homework for you. It's a pain in the butt looking up court rulings and then trying to see how they apply to the law. I will provide the snopes link which contains links or pictures to the evidence.

Here is politifact with an updated article.

Politifact

Here is Factcheck disspelling some more rumors and such, as well as some information.

Update, August 26: We received responses to some of our questions from the Hawaii Department of Health. They couldn't tell us anything about their security paper, but they did answer another frequently-raised question: why is Obama's father's race listed as "African"? Kurt Tsue at the DOH told us that father's race and mother's race are supplied by the parents, and that "we accept what the parents self identify themselves to be." We consider it reasonable to believe that Barack Obama, Sr., would have thought of and reported himself as "African." It's certainly not the slam dunk some readers have made it out to be.

When we asked about the security borders, which look different from some other examples of Hawaii certifications of live birth, Kurt said "The borders are generated each time a certified copy is printed. A citation located on the bottom left hand corner of the certificate indicates which date the form was revised." He also confirmed that the information in the short form birth certificate is sufficient to prove citizenship for "all reasonable purposes."

Factcheck

Here is the State Department form for getting a passport and what's required (A COLB is sufficient) Source

Here is a link to both full page ads in the Hawaiin newspapers in 1961.

Whatreallyhappened

There are not 2 "eyewitness accounts" of his birth in Kenya. There was a heavily edited video of a man leading Sarah Obama on in an interview trying to make it sound like she was present at Barack Jr.'s birth when in fact she was speaking of Barack Sr.'s.

Obviously, nothing will satisfy you. He could release some vault form certificate if you'd like, but you wouldn't really like that or accept that, now would you? I'm also assuming since I won't take the time to link the court rulings (which is ridiculous anyway. If a COLB wasn't good enough to get you a Passport then Hawaii wouldn't issue them), you'll dismiss all of the overwhelming evidence that he was born in Hawaii because you haven't seen the vault form you so desire.

Have fun with cap and trade and nationalized health care. Hope this birth certificate issue was well worth your time.

I have one request: could you link me to any documents showing he was born in Kenya? Actually, could you link me to any documents that a court would accept as evidence he was something other than natural born citizen?

I'm assuming the next step is taking him to trial or getting Congress to impeach him, so I'd like to see what hard evidence you have to present before the judge. Remember, hearsay doesn't cut it! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The reason almost every American citizen's bunghole is on fire, is from the constant rooting Obama has been giving us since taking office.

Not satisfied with just rooting the current generation, he actually figured a way to screw another two unborn generations.

Bush was a car wreck.

Obama is a catastrophy Old Testament style.

Obamanation is an abomination.

Obviously math is not your strong point. A 57% approval rating does not indicate to me that "almost every American" is upset with B.O. I love the way people; left or right, think that "almost every American" shares their opinion. May I point out that if that were true, Ron Paul would probably be President, and Obama would still be a senator from Illinois.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

What the Hell are you talking about? I know all the damned idiots have been panicking and buying up all the ammunition because they're fantasizing that Obama's gonna take their guns away, but can you provide any evidence that this is actually going to happen? Unless I'm mistaken, Obama has done nothing to infringe on anybody's right to self-defense or freedom of speech.

Are you serious?

Just read here

Oh, and I hope this isn't considered a one line responce. THe article says it all about Obama's voting record on gun control.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Bearack]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I honestly don't know what is the greater threat, Obama and his policies and the possibility of his breaking the laws of this country, or. . .

His followers, who don't care that he would or could break the law.

What would it take for the Obama-ites to turn on him? What WOULD he have to do in order to have them say, "Ok, birth certificate, was one thing, killing baby seals, meh, thats ok too. But, _____________ NOW he's gone too far! I can't support him anymore!"

I support Obama but in the bigining I did not. While I am a democrat I would have voted for huckabee had he won the nomination. As far as this whole thing with Obama Show me soild proof that he is not a citizen.

He has shown the same amount of proof that any other president has had to relating to the country of his birth. This whole thing is such a non-issue when we have many other things going on. It seems to me that this is all coming from 2 groups. the prople who a are racist and want obama out cause he's black or thos whole are upset that heir guy did not win.

Come with solid proof or shut up. If you wan to talk about his political policies thats one thing but stop already with the he is not a citizen crap

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Thanks for those

More facts that show why we don't care ANYMORE, we did at one time, but this is more than enough for most RATIONAL people to say ok now we can move on.

It says something about a persons character when they continue to cling to bitter lying slander.

Get over it already, build an emotional bridge, cross it and carry on with your lives.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I love just sitting back and watching a thread like this. So many different arguments combined makes it into one big blame game. I can almost smell the ignorance. For example: the topic was about how many people don't care if Obama was born on a different continent because we just came out of 8 years of Bush.

Then you scroll down the page and see that the argument has turned into something over how well Obama is or isn't doing in office. But remember, the whole birth certificate thing has been backed up by people as being an issue of law. So why would anything else even have to come into the argument?
If it's about law, then even if he was doing a great job opinions would not be swayed.

Get over yourselves!!

If you don't like obama don't hide it behind stupid things.
If you love Obama, turn it down a little bit. Please.
Don't turn every thread with the name Obama in it into some argument about how your side is "better"

Obama: sucks, not a good president. doesn't look to bright in the future.

Bush: sucked, not a good president. Changed it for the worst in 8 years.

Bushes and Obamas administration members: ALL SUCK (and possibly are all connected anyway)

Republicans: ___________
Democrats:___________

ok now that we have that settled can everyone stay on point and actually get somewhere with anything?!?!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Isuppose if it was a purely political matter, no one would care where Obama was born. It just plays so well in the blue vs. red camp.

I DO care, though, because the US Constitution is clear and I do not care to see this document or its nation usurped in the name of petty political gamery.

If Obama is a US Citizen by birth, then it will all go away. If he is not, however, he should be removed.

Now, you can call me what you like but I do not adhere to any party doctrine as I find them all to be criminals. I just want the Constitution upheld. Period.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

What happened illegally in the previous administration should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Whether or not Obama has skirted the law has nothing to do with the previous administration's lawlessness. Obama should PROVE, as President that he is a legitimate native born American, as is the law.

Obama has not rescinded any of the draconian, illegal acts instituted under Bush/Cheney. He has EXPANDED them. Nothing to stop the wars has been done by Obama. He is EXPANDING them, as well. No USA approved (by act of congress) wars exist...these are Obama/Bush wars. If you go to war today and you die, you die for Obama/Bush not the USA.

When will people realize a crook is a crook? This thread seems to say, "My crook's better than your crook." It is long past the time to require our servants to serve the citizens of this nation and obey the law.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Congrats OP. You are very courageous to start this thread, going against the actual collective ATS mind. Really, I'd say that the majority of actual ATS posters are Obama haters, with a good bag of mods the same [hey! offtopic?
]

It's just sad that not a lot a people came to speak and help you. It's always hard to go against the majority. The good thing is that a silent bunch of people agree with you. Ssee flags and stars: not bad!

And your post is quite refreshing may I say. I agree with what you posted.

Thanks again, OP.
I have added you to my friends list.

TheTilde (going away, because my flame retardant suit is not very good)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join