It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we don't care where Obama was born.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just saw the thread whose title begins, "Urgent Report!!!" and talks about screen shots of Google caches regarding some story's allegedly altered wording with regards to the continent on which Obama was born.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, and mods, please feel free to relocate this thread if it's more appropriate elsewhere, but I just have to chime in and 'splain somethin' to y'all:

In the days and weeks surrounding Obama's election, the professional hate-mongers and war cheerleaders, such as Sean Hannity, Mark Levine, and others of their ilk tried to get America riled up over allegations that Barack Obama was not born in the United States, and America responded with a collective shrug of indifference.

Here's why:

We just spent the last eight years watching a criminal regime dismantle democracy, defecate upon our Bill of Rights and Constitution, degrade our standard of living, plunge us into two never-ending wars, and change America from the most legendary and beloved nation in history to the most feared and hated.

Who would have predicted, ten years ago, that we would actually have to be having conversations about whether or not the clearly illegal, barbaric acts of torture visited upon innocent detainees by US personnel were, in fact, illegal?

The vast majority of us have come to believe that the previous administration had prior knowledge of the September 11 terror attacks, and many of us believe they straight-up orchestrated said attacks. When we contemplate all the innocent Americans and Arabs who wouldn't be dead if it weren't for Bush/Cheney and the people holding their leashes, and when we think about the toilet our country wouldn't be in if it weren't for them, any quibbles about Obama's place of birth seem like a trivial matter.

Should such questions be considered trivial? No, of course not. But you right-wingers have no business complaining, 'cause it was your White House that established and solidified the precedent of ignoring the constitution.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Then there were us so called right wing nuts that bit**ed about Bush and his atriocities. His Homeland Security and Patriot act. I guess I was ok by liberal standards back then. Now when you pose a question about Obama's legitimacy you get called a racist... How lame can you get?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Then there were us so called right wing nuts that bit**ed about Bush and his atriocities. His Homeland Security and Patriot act. I guess I was ok by liberal standards back then. Now when you pose a question about Obama's legitimacy you get called a racist... How lame can you get?

ive never called any birther racist and i think thats one of the stupidest and least founded active theories out there. now, if you did something that would possibly elicit the term racist, cant help you there.

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

We just spent the last eight years watching a criminal regime dismantle democracy, defecate upon our Bill of Rights and Constitution, degrade our standard of living, plunge us into two never-ending wars, and change America from the most legendary and beloved nation in history to the most feared and hated.

Don't you get tv in San Fran? I mean other than MSNBC? We have someone in the White House who IS working on destroying the 1st, 2nd, and 10th ammendments right now. Talk about trashing our constitution and bill of rights! Your Dear Leader has given us HUGE unemployment, a bigger deficit than Bush did in 8 years, more corruption, lies, and has gone on an Apology Tour 2009 (buy the t-shirt!) that has made the US a laughing stock.
I hope you're still praising "Dear Leader" Obama in the food lines and unemployment office!

Good god! Open your eyes and get off the kool-aide! Yeah, Bush sucked! Blah, blah, blah. No arguement here. But this is Barackistan now. Not Bush country. And he is turning it into something our founding fathers would have puked over.

-as a matter of fact, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth-

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here we go again...
Just paint everyone with a broad brush of hasty generalizations. I did NOT support Bush. I detested the "Patriot Act", the wars, the evesdropping, the torture, the economy etc... And, strangely enough, I DO care about where Obama was born.

To me every battle is worth waging if we are to get our country back. But to use Bush as justification for a usurper in the White House... Now that is just too partisan, short-sighted and simply stupid for me to even begin to entertain.

Bush is gone - we're done with him. Now we have a new criminal regime in the White House. I intend to fight this one with the same vigor that I fought the last. I suspect that a rapidly growing majority of Americans are beginning to feel this same way.

In short, 8 years of Bush in the White House is EXACTLY why we need to step it up a notch and get this criminal out before there is no country left to defend.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah i feel bad for the US right now. You honestly have an immigrant running your country. Which in all senses isnt wrong. considering we are all immigrants to this continent. anyways i dont think it matters at all. But Barrack scares the life out of me. And does anyone else see the relation to Nostradamus's Mobus??

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh that is just wonderful.

You are defending the man that got voted in on the campaign slogan of "Hope and Change" and justify a legitimate concern about his eligibility to hold the office with "Bush did it".

I remember him saying something about how business as usual in Washington is now over. Yet he keeps doing the same things.

The more people keep up this line of justification the more people wake up and see it for what it is, Hyper-partisan BS.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
yeah i did some reading into the possible connection with "mabus" and obama. he does seem to fit the description. a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
change America from the most legendary and beloved nation in history

Sorry. I just had to pick up on this!!

I think this is a good example of why so many people outside the US have problems with Americans.

Do you honestly believe that?? Really??

Believe me, America has never been the most loved or (and maybe especially) the most legendary country to anyone who isn't an American.

It really is obscene that some Americans think this way.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

In short, 8 years of Bush in the White House is EXACTLY why we need to step it up a notch and get this criminal out before there is no country left to defend.

exacly..911 took EVERYONE by surprise,and was a start of a mass awakening..

Now we are done hitting the snooze and putting the coffee on..

And when I say we i mean as a country as a whole..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Triplesod, I base that comment on the fact that in my last job, and in my personal life, I have had contacts all over the world, and what I've gotten from them is that, in general, folks the world over have long had a special place in their hearts for America and Americans.

Please do not mistake me for one of those feeble-minded right-wingers who loudly proclaim that America is "the greatest nation in history."

Bill Maher, in discussing the atrocities committed at the behest of the Bush/Cheney regime, said it best: "America needs to stop talking about how it's the greatest country in the world and start acting like it is."

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

You are defending the man that got voted in on the campaign slogan of "Hope and Change" and justify a legitimate concern about his eligibility to hold the office with "Bush did it".

No. I was explaining why nobody cares where Obama was born. It's not that it's OK to fraudulently occupy the White House; it's that Bush has done that and done so much more.

Barack Obama exudes competence, and his decisions so far have been indicative of a leader who is moral, compassionate, humble, rational, and strong. It's been a long, long time since we've had somebody with those qualities running our country, and a man who embodies those qualities is not likely to have committed fraud in order to get elected.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Typical responses to a typical subject.

It's really quite laughable that people are still allowing themselves to be distracted by such trivial things.

Who cares?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by creaton91
And does anyone else see the relation to Nostradamus's Mobus??

You can read anything you want into anything Nostradamus said. Next you'll be telling us Obama's presidency was foretold in Revelation.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I have one question for you.

What's changed? Nothing. Obama hasn't reversed the atrocities you speak of. He continues them

With that said. I don't care. Do you know why? Because even if Obama gets booted out of office, there will be a willing replacement that will continue the same policies.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You can't see it, but I'm applauding. Really.

After 911 my husband did a political 180. He now quotes Rush, voted for Bush's second term and thinks that the media edits Palin to look dumb. But one of the biggest fights we get into is about the damn birth certificate. My standing argument is that if you voted for Bush, you have nothing to complain about now. I'm not all that impressed with Obama, and it seems that we are still on that runaway train with no brakes going down hill.

So the very least of my worries is seeing the long form birth certificate.

It was the same thing with Clinton-- a big fuss that included impeachment and court testimonies about sexual infidelity, but Bush can sodomize the whole country and we just take it.

It just seems that priorities are so out of whack with this.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by creaton91
And does anyone else see the relation to Nostradamus's Mobus??

You can read anything you want into anything Nostradamus said. Next you'll be telling us Obama's presidency was foretold in Revelation.

someone (by that i mean dozens) of people have already beaten you to it. i was arguing in a thread like that earlier.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

In other words, history repeats itself.

This time, instead of sexual infidelity, it's a birth certificate.

When will people learn?

Don't get me started on Rush either because I have some pretty nasty things I could say about his supporters.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Barack Obama exudes competence, and his decisions so far have been indicative of a leader who is moral, compassionate, humble, rational, and strong.

None of what you just said is true, none of it. Maybe if you are living in an alternate dimension, but: jet setting around the world apologizing for all of America's mistakes, is not strong, it is the epitome of weakness.

Competence? Like spending trillions of more dollars that we don't have, or how about saying we have to pass this health care reform to "save us money" even after the CBO said it will actually cost more than what they are saying.

Moral? If you consider saddling our future generations with 100's of thousands of debt "moral".

Compassionate? Like giving what is shaping up to be trillions of dollars to the bankers that created this mess compassionate.

Humble? If you consider arrogance humble.

Rational? If you consider fear mongering to rush through legislation that is a thousands pages plus in length without enough time to read the bills rational.

Strong? If jet setting around the world apologizing for all of America's mistakes is strong. Or not giving the military the authority to save an American captain of a cargo ship from pirates. And numerous other things.

The fact is, by using anything you have said to rationalize not upholding the constitution is lunacy. Not only that, but it completely blows away your whole argument that "bush did it so it makes it okay".

If you don't have a problem with Obama doing it then you are the ultimate hypocrite for having a problem with Bush doing it.

Bush left the office with not even a 30% approval rating. Your argument is completely irrational.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Don't you get tv in San Fran?

It's bad enough we get AM talk radio; I wouldn't watch television if you paid me.

We have someone in the White House who IS working on destroying the 1st, 2nd, and 10th ammendments right now.

What the Hell are you talking about? I know all the damned idiots have been panicking and buying up all the ammunition because they're fantasizing that Obama's gonna take their guns away, but can you provide any evidence that this is actually going to happen? Unless I'm mistaken, Obama has done nothing to infringe on anybody's right to self-defense or freedom of speech.

As to that 10th amendment, I suppose you might be able to come up with something, but I do find it odd that the people who scream the loudest about "state's rights" always seem to be doing so because they're worried that individual states might lose the ability to discriminate against people or take away their freedoms.

Talk about trashing our constitution and bill of rights! Your Dear Leader has given us HUGE unemployment,

OK, you're joking, right? Never in my life have I seen our country's economy and employment rates take a nose-dive the way they did under Bush/Cheney. It will take decades to undo the damage those bastards did to our country, and you want to blame Obama for the disaster that he inherited? Wow.

and has gone on an Apology Tour 2009 (buy the t-shirt!) that has made the US a laughing stock.

NEWS FLASH: America owed the world an apology. A huge apology. We have slaughtered, illegally imprisoned, and tortured more innocent Arabs and Muslims than we can count. We have brought shame upon ourselves, and terror to the world with our neo-con empire building.

There is nothing undignified, shameful, or unpatriotic about admitting that this is the truth, letting the world know that we are as appalled as they are, and promising to make sure it never happens again. This is how we earn back the good will of our historical allies and the world in general. This is how we start being America again.

-as a matter of fact, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth-

Can we all please agree that "I just threw up a little in my mouth" is so 2008, and stop saying it? Surely you can come up with something original?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join